Team-BHP - Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/76341-volkswagen-polo-test-drive-review-106.html)

Hey guys just got a call from my Volkswagen dealer in Dehradun about the Polo 1.6.The car is priced 6,16,000/- ex showroom.I have booked my car today in white color and the dealer has confirmed to deliver it by august last.
Very excited about it and will post review if i get delivery earlier.

Hey Rahul could you confirm the variant for that 1.6 L Petrol engine and what are the ARAI ratings for the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subaro123 (Post 1957175)
Hey Rahul could you confirm the variant for that 1.6 L Petrol engine and what are the ARAI ratings for the same.

@Rahul . congrats on your 1.6L POLO

As far as i am aware, only Highline is offered in 1.6. Even the brochure states that only highline variant on Polo 1.6

Quote:

Originally Posted by h@r$h@l (Post 1957183)
@Rahul . congrats on your 1.6L POLO

As far as i am aware, only Highline is offered in 1.6. Even the brochure states that only highline variant on Polo 1.6

Yeah actually I know that too but looking at the price of Rs. 6.16 Ex showroom it got me confused agree:. The price is really competitive why should one opt for 1.2L petrol highline when they can get 1.6L at this price.

The 1.6 petrol is only available in highline variant.Yes the price is very competitive but there are no additional features in the 1.6 and is similar to 1.2 highline.The price would have gone up if they would have added new features like Auto AC or rear disc brakes but all of that is missing.
I wonder if front disc brakes alone can bring a halt to the car with such a powerful engine.

Just curious if the bookings people seem to be making for a 1.6 are based on the dealer explicitly stating the booking is for a 1.6 HATCH. Is the dealer assuming the booking is for a SEDAN while the buyer assumes its for a HATCH?
In no post about a dealer passing on such information have I seen explicit mention that the dealer has said its a 1.6 HATCH that they are talking about.
Clarifications from all who claim to have spoken to a dealer would be welcome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amartya (Post 1956139)
First of all, notice the difference a single word makes, I said "can be just as safe". It is not the same as "are just as safe".

To give an example, the Honda Jazz has an NCAP 5 star rating, so does the i20. Note, these are for the top spec versions with all the safety kit.

So basically it was a conjecture, thats what I wanted to understand

Quote:

Originally Posted by crackingride (Post 1957228)
Just curious if the bookings people seem to be making for a 1.6 are based on the dealer explicitly stating the booking is for a 1.6 HATCH. Is the dealer assuming the booking is for a SEDAN while the buyer assumes its for a HATCH?
In no post about a dealer passing on such information have I seen explicit mention that the dealer has said its a 1.6 HATCH that they are talking about.
Clarifications from all who claim to have spoken to a dealer would be welcome.

Yeah is there any media release on the same?

I feel its the same Bugatti that is going to be driven by Shahrukh Khan for his new movie.It was in news in newspapers few days back.

Well the booking is for the Hatch only.The sedan (Vento) version will be launched around October or November and the delivery will start from early next year.
Dealer are pretty sure its the hatch version that is being launched.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carfanatic007 (Post 1957252)
So basically it was a conjecture, thats what I wanted to understand

Which part of it seemed like a conjecture to you? The examples cited are based on Euro NCAP data, and not a figment of my imagination.

Hi Amartya, My comments in bold
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amartya (Post 1956217)
This debate about safety vis-a-vis weight is not that simple. There are a lot of factors that dictate the level of safety in an automobile, and I am sure you are aware of them. Weight does play a part - simple laws of physics - but so do crumple zones, air bags etc. By simple laws of physics, I meant that a NCAP 5 rated small car can never take on a truck and come out on top.
Agree with you, safety features include many things and I guess quality of steel, impact beams etc among many others also play an important role.

Among smaller cars, the ones made by Fiat, VW (Skoda included) have heftier build, and they do feel safer, but that shouldn't undermine the fact that the Japanese (say the Jazz and the i20: I know it is Korean) might be just as safe. This has nothing to do with playing with words, it's a fact.
I guess i20 is one of the few hatchbacks in India with 5 Star Safety ratings.

For the record, I've driven the Polo very recently, and I did like the build quality, I also love the Punto's build. What I found disconcerting was the blatant dissing of Japanese cars without any valid reasons to back it up.
Thats excellent! so now with your knowledge about the other cars and Polo may be you can do small comparison and highlight the +ve & -ve, I think it`ll help who are yet to decide on which car to go for

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahul016 (Post 1957325)
Well the booking is for the Hatch only.The sedan (Vento) version will be launched around October or November and the delivery will start from early next year.
Dealer are pretty sure its the hatch version that is being launched.

Pardon my ignorance, but another thread has this to say about the Vento launch- July ( http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1956932-post441.html)
With deliveries of base versions already behind schedule, and the Highline models being impacted most, how does VW plan to launch a 1.6 highline anytime soon?
All this seems like a lot of speculation to me, especially on a dealer's part. He stands to sit on your booking amount for as long as it takes for a 1.6 Hatch to actually roll down the assembly line and into your dealership.
Or is VW planning on opening another long queue for the 1.6 hatch without anyone having seen hide or hair of it?

Well the 1.6 Polo will not be a volume seller.It will mainly be bought by enthusiasts so the car will not be having such long queues. I feel the demand for diesel version will be more compared to other petrol variants.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subaro123 (Post 1957190)
The price is really competitive why should one opt for 1.2L petrol highline when they can get 1.6L at this price.

The KMPL factor is still unknown. It will surely be 2-3 kms lesser then 1.2L (mileage claimed by the company). So 1.2L is definitely in the game and will still be the front runner :).

@Rahul

Congrats on the Polo 1.6! Waiting for a thorough review. Any pointers on the delivery date?