Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2012, 15:35   #1381
BHPian

Re: Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
"We are not recalling the Manzas. We are just changing the part as and when the cars are brought to the service centres by customers,"
Thanks for the information, Sushil. I somehow missed reading it. Glad that you shared it and made me aware.

However, I do not see any reason to rush to the A.S.S.

I will get it replaced as and when the car goes for its next scheduled service which should be in May/June.
Old 9th April 2012, 15:07   #1382
BHPian

I agree too TATA manza has great interiors and leg space too.
Old 8th May 2012, 14:48   #1383
Senior - BHPian

Urgent- Just need to know if fuel pump in manza is replaced under warranty.
Car is driven till now arond 65000kms but we do have the extended warranty.
car is 1 year and 11 months old.
Can anyone confirm this asap.
thanks.
Old 8th May 2012, 14:52   #1384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
thanks.
Yes Fuel pump is covered in warranty. Please update with more details when you can. I hope you did all services on time so they don't create issues for the warranty claim.

How much does the fuel pump cost?
Old 8th May 2012, 14:55   #1385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
Yes Fuel pump is covered in warranty. Please update with more details when you can. I hope you did all services on time so they don't create issues for the warranty claim.

How much does the fuel pump cost?
Ya all services are on time.
Will get to know as its just been sent to the service center with the doubt of fuel pump fail.
Old 9th May 2012, 09:57   #1386
BHPian

Quote:
thanks.
Oh! 1 year and 11 months and you covered 65000 kms..Great. It seems you spend more time driving the car and enjoying it.
I could manage only 26000kms in 14 months of my manza ownership.

As already mentioned, Fuel pump is included under warranty. However, the suspension set and clutch are covered till 35000kms. Hope you got them replaced.
Also pls share how much mileage did you get with your OEM fitted Tires along with their make.

Happy Manzaaaaa 'ing
Old 11th May 2012, 10:57   #1387
BHPian

Quote:
thanks.
Any update on this Harry? It will help other forum members if you can share what the issue was, if and how it's been resolved.

~~~~~~~~~~

Has any one got transmission (gear) oil changed in Manza as yet? If so, I'll appreciate if you can please share the details of oil used and cost.

Reason I am asking is:
1. Manza uses Fiat made C549 GB
2. Tata recommends gear oil top up (not change) at 80k km
3. Linea and Punto use a similar Fiat C510 GB, and Fiat recommends gear oil change at 60k km's (or 2 years) for these cars. I say "similar" as gear ratios and gear oil capacity of C549 and C510 is same

My car is due for 60k km's service soon and I am thinking of replacing the gear oil early. I feel 60k km's is good enough interval for gear oil change. So I need to know which gear oil is used in Manza as I don't want TASS to fill what they normally fill in other Tata's. In all probability, Manza needs synthetic gear oil (hence no oil change is recommended, only top up).

Worst case scnerio, if I don't feel comfortable with the gear oil they use in Manza, I'll ask TASS to fill the Fiat recommended gear oil in manza (Tutela Car Technyx 75W85). Some how, I have started trusting Fiat more than Tata on these technical things.

What do you guys suggest?
Old 11th May 2012, 20:00   #1388
Senior - BHPian

Welll thankfully fuel pump was fine and the issue was just some pipe been blocked and got rectified easily.
But when i got the car back the cooling of AC has reduced substantially.
Its becoming an irritant dealing with such issues recently. Sending the car back again and again is sch a loss of time and energy,
Old 8th June 2012, 15:51   #1389
BHPian

Well I am facing a curious problem in the audio system of my manza wherein I am able to make and recieve calls via bluetooth from my phone however I am not able to play music via bluetooth.

The problem is specific to my Galaxy S and Iphone was able to connect to it easily and play music. I have tried everything under the sun but to no avail. Any suggestions will be highly welcome
Old 8th July 2012, 16:46   #1390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishant B View Post
Well I am facing a curious problem in the audio system of my manza wherein I am able to make and recieve calls via bluetooth from my phone however I am not able to play music via bluetooth.

The problem is specific to my Galaxy S and Iphone was able to connect to it easily and play music. I have tried everything under the sun but to no avail. Any suggestions will be highly welcome
Well this is a common problem with all FROYO and Gingerbread Android phones. Try an ICS based Android phone and it works like a charm. I had this problem with all my Android's on GB and now with S3 it works like a charm. To double check I tested with Htc Onex and it also worked. So this is definitely issue with Android not pairing correctly.

I have a Vista with same bluetooth enabled system

Last edited by anmolbedi : 8th July 2012 at 16:46. Reason: Car name
Old 25th July 2012, 12:41   #1391
BHPian

Saw an ad online with this statement (in bold): Note: I removed the price quotes, which is irrelevant.
Quote:
Tata Manza Petrol Sep 2010 Top end model.This car is one of the nth piece. Every ten thousandth car at factory undergoes extensive quality tests
and is extremely sought after.
This is one such piece. Excellent mileage, averages 14 km per litre on highways and 12+ kms in city. Fantastic pick up and luxury. For choosy car lovers only. This is the nth piece and hence
premium paid. Rs. x.xx lacs not negotiable.
Note: New car price today: Rs. x.xxL. Premium paid: Rs. 80K. Against this, price is x.xxL as mentioned above.
I am ignorant, but is there something like this for Tata cars - each 10,000th car goes through a separate quality test? And one pays premium for it?
Old 25th July 2012, 14:52   #1392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Saw an ad online with this statement (in bold): Note: I removed the price quotes, which is irrelevant.

I am ignorant, but is there something like this for Tata cars - each 10,000th car goes through a separate quality test? And one pays premium for it?
Must be some limited edition car or an attempt to shore up the the resale value since it is a petrol variant.

There is no way TML is going to disclose we did additional QC on this piece and we do it only once in 10,000 cars.

Last edited by indivic : 25th July 2012 at 14:54.
Old 27th July 2012, 16:18   #1393
BHPian

Test drove the latest Manza Elan today for my friend as he had asked me to do so since I am an ex-Manza Aura+ owner. A few points from my TD on the changes from the gen 2 Manzas (1st gen being BS3, 2nd being BS4, third being the 2012 versions with changes on suspension, clutch etc.)

+ves /Improvements
1) Improvements in the suspension. The stronger bushes introduced does seems to have a good effect. The bumpiness when going over uneven roads and the mild body roll that was associated with the earlier Manza has decreased.
2) Much lighter clutch
3) Damping - The engine clatter is hardly noticeable even on a new car.
4) Power window switches
5) The Elan now comes with black and beige interioriors. The burgundy is discontinued as per the SE.

-ves/depreciation
1) The gear shifts quality (the TD cars shifts were notchy). Perhaps may be I was lucky
2) The clutch despite being lighter was not notchy as well. May be due to it being a TD car. Dzire/Swifts clutch and gear shifts are leagues ahead.
3) The a/c control knobs quality has gone down
4) The light is missing in the glove box compartment
5) Tatas gives Rs5000 discount for another Tata employee. Ford's discount is Rs 20000 odd for the same company. Shame on Tata.

As an ex-owner, looking back at the car, the perception/Brand image is a big let down for an otherwise decent car. People still perceive Vista & Manza as another variant of Indica/Indigo without ever understanding the fact that the platforms & the quality are hugely different. It affects the sales-resale value-sales cycle negatively. TML should seriously do something to break this cycle they have got into.

Last edited by Sridhar K : 27th July 2012 at 16:20.
Sridhar K is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2012, 12:22   #1394
BHPian

Tata is advertising the Manza on tv now with automatic climate control, touchscreen navigation in dash, leather seats, etc.

If they've also added a dead pedal it'd be great. Has anyone been able to check out the new Manza?
Old 28th October 2012, 17:49   #1395
BHPian

A day before the 10K service, the A/C blower fuse blew. During the service, the fuse was replaced.

It blew again within 24 hours of getting the car back after service.

Went back and they replaced the fuse but requested that the car be kept switched on with A/C functioning for 10 minutes.

However, the fuse blew again. The service centre diagnosed the problem as fault blower motor and replaced it under warranty.

They added one extra fuse to the spare fuses and did not touch any spare fuses from the car (I checked because I thought the service centre would have 100% used the spare fuse in the car).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifica View Post
Tata is advertising the Manza on tv now with automatic climate control, touchscreen navigation in dash, leather seats, etc.
Yes and all that and some more features also. Of course, the price has also gone up approx. 1 lakh or so.

I am happy with the car overall. However, I have realised that one can get the best fuel average on highway speeds between 80-100 kmph.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks