Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2012, 04:04   #1366
BHPian

Re: Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review

Hi guys, need one help - My Manza got a dent on the trunk. Picture follows. Most of the TATA A$$ in Cochin are quoting 8K to 10K for removing the dent and repainting. But an auto body shop (unauthorized) near my home is ready to do the work at much lesser price. My car is still in warranty and if I give the car to the unauthorized service center for repainting and dent removal, does it void the warranty?

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-20120106-12.14.18.jpg
Old 18th January 2012, 14:07   #1367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Hi guys, need one help - My Manza got a dent on the trunk. Picture follows. Most of the TATA A$$ in Cochin are quoting 8K to 10K for removing the dent and repainting. But an auto body shop (unauthorized) near my home is ready to do the work at much lesser price. My car is still in warranty and if I give the car to the unauthorized service center for repainting and dent removal, does it void the warranty?
As long as you dont touch the mechanical or electrical parts, it should not be an issue.
indivic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2012, 17:32   #1368
BHPian

This thread has almost become dormant. I have a query with my Manza. There seems to be a noise in the steering column or near speedometer box. I am not able to sort it out. Also KHT motors failed to sort it out twice. Can any one find out what's wrong?

Can Manza owners give the mileage figures.

Last edited by rki2007 : 5th February 2012 at 17:35.
Old 7th February 2012, 16:49   #1369

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Even though you turn off the igniton in all levels still the music system plays. Its stops when you remove the keys out.
Thanks for the info. My system kept playing on AFTER the key was removed too. I got it checked and it seems the music system was not synchronized with the locking system. Problem fixed but now it wont come on automatically when the car is switched on and the usb goes all the way back to the first song. Earlier it would start at where I left it. Really confused what the correct functioning would be
Old 8th February 2012, 13:27   #1370
BHPian

Check music system manual , I remember there is a way to reset it to manufacturing settings. This might help you.
Old 13th February 2012, 14:40   #1371
BHPian

My manza has completed 50k km's and I have posted a quick summary of my experience with the car below including details about services, expenses etc. Hope you'll find it useful.

Thank you for reading.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2679084
Old 24th February 2012, 12:12   #1372

Re: 25k km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
Well, well, well.. our Manza QJD (Aura ABS) completed 25k km's today.
We picked her up on 1st Feb last year, just about a year back. Quick summary of the last 25k km's.

- 6 TASS visits
- Rs.6.5k maintenance cost (mainly engine oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter)
- Average mileage of ~18 (50% local, 50% highway)

4 of 6 TASS visits were for free services. Once I had to go to get front suspension rubber bushes checked/ changed. And once to get an electical problem solved (loose earth connection). Overall, very happy. She is behaving just as we expected her to (or better). Not really a driver's car when it comes to handling and gear shifts, but a perfect, comfortable VFM family car.

PS - I owe an apology to our car and all T-BHP friends for not being able to strat an ownership thread. She certainly deserved that. Will do so soon.

Hi Guys,
I'm a Manza user too and our car is almost touching 30K and was one of the first models to come out of the Tata stable in Nov'09.
As mentioned in this forum, I'm facing two major problems and am looking for a solution.
1. Hard Clutch - I feel that my car's clutch is very hard and struggle to drive it in traffic as my knee begins to hurt after a while. I did try a later model once which was quite comfortable. Is there a way i can repair, replace the system??

2. The rear suspension is so soft that with 4 people and some luggage, the car begins to bottom at pot holes and now my rear left suspension is knocking the body when i go over a slighly deep pothole at some speed. Will it help if i can change the bushes or need to go for new set of suspension??
If i need to replace it, can i get a better quality after market unit which can is stronger?

Look forward to your suggestions

brian
brian.ammanna@gmail.com
Old 24th February 2012, 21:11   #1373
BHPian

Folks. My relationship with Manza came to end today as I sold the car off. The car completed 1 yr + 1 month and 17500 kms. The car served me excellently despite the minor niggles and loved every km of my drive on it. It was a tough call as I had to downgrade to an hatch to enable my wife to drive and knowing that the resale is going to hit me sometime and decided to take it now than later.

Bought it onroad for Rs. 7.8L and sold it at Rs. 6.05L. The IDV value of Rs 5,92,000 was pulling the price down and most dealers seems to apply an haircut and quote a price of 5,50,000 or max 5,75,000.

Ownership summary
1) Ownership cost (from memory)
Oil change at 10k outside Rs 1400
Official Oil at 17000k/1 yr Rs 3400
Air filter (thrice ) Rs 750
Replacement of broken tail lamp Rs 1000
Replacement of left outer orvm Rs 1050
Plastic engine gaurd at the bottom Rs 380
Oil filter (twice ) Rs 500 odd
Alignment cost : Rs 1200 (3 times)
2) Vehicle needs frequent realignment and checks on the suspension when driven over bad roads
3) AC though good needs frequent cleaning, good sunfilms (considering large glass area and size) to be effective
4) Average mileage 15.5-16 kmpl (90% city and 10 % highways at high speed)
5) Alternator failed once and replaced under warranty. Car was out at TASS for 10 days
6) Frequent failures of power window switches, combination switches all replaced under warranty
7) A/c recirculation mode control vane/motor failure (replaced under warranty)
8) Minor rattling noise at dashboard
9) Only one puncture despite driving on bad roads
10) The major pitfall that I see is the people in the resale market don't differentiate the quality of this car with the other indicas/indigos nor the features set it offers. They treat Aura with Aura+/Elan the same as a Tata
11) The cars main body & bumper is solidly build. Twice, two wheelers hit my car behind and the only thing that resulted was scratch on the paint. Once an Ikon scraped closely in bumper to bumper traffic on the doors and all Manza was some paint off the ikon which I was able to wash off.

Concluding points: Would recommend the car to any one if they can live with a few additional visits to T.A.S.S than other models and don't mind the resale. Tata have a product that can be market leader if they
a) Improve the QC on their manufacturing and on vendor supplied components
b) Fix minor things like panel gaps etc.
c) differentiate the product lines from Tatas flagship product Indica/Indigo
Sridhar K is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 22:57   #1374

Hey fellow member
I am happy to say that my manza has done 55000 kms and still going strong this work horse is definate a better car than dzsire and I think it shall still clock 50000 more kms .
Old 30th March 2012, 16:36   #1375
BHPian

Re: 8 Scorpio mHawks stolen-immobilizer codes cracked!!!

Do they have similar system fitted in Tata Manza? I mean, immobiliser with password which can be changed? I am soon going to own a Manza. If possible, I too will change the default password.
Old 30th March 2012, 17:58   #1376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozzlering View Post
Do they have similar system fitted in Tata Manza? I mean, immobiliser with password which can be changed? I am soon going to own a Manza. If possible, I too will change the default password.
There is no password based Immobilizer in TATA vehicles.
dadu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 22:56   #1377
BHPian

Thanks dadu. Does that mean, immobiliser of Manza can't be cracked like in Scorpios?
Old 31st March 2012, 00:39   #1378
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
There is no password based Immobilizer in TATA vehicles.
Atleast safari has one. The owners manual comes with the unique code.
In case your remote stops working, there is a password entry method. However, the password is unique for every vehicle.
Old 31st March 2012, 12:04   #1379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozzlering View Post
Thanks dadu. Does that mean, immobiliser of Manza can't be cracked like in Scorpios?
There is nothing that can't be cracked but its not the same as in Mhawk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Atleast safari has one. The owners manual comes with the unique code.
In case your remote stops working, there is a password entry method. However, the password is unique for every vehicle.
Thats an emergency code for reconfiguring the remote with the immobilizer but it works in conjuction with a procedure. You cannot permanently disable the immobilizer with it.

From the manual:
Quote:
Emergency disarming of Vehicle will disarm the vehicle once only, on subsequent removal of key vehicle can auto immoblize again
Its unlike the Mhawks wherein you key in the codes to disable the immobilizer.

Last edited by dadu : 31st March 2012 at 12:16. Reason: Protecting the procedure
Old 4th April 2012, 13:08   #1380
BANNED

All

Kindly Head over to Nearest TASS and get free replacements for suspension parts. see Below article

Tata Motors to replace suspension part in Manza free of cost - The Economic Times

Quote:
NEW DELHI: Tata Motors is replacing free of cost a part in the suspension system of its mid-sized sedan Manza that has been sold so far, without calling it a recall.

"We are replacing a plastic component called anti-roll bar bush which is connected to the suspension of the car. I am not aware of any complaint from customers and we are replacing it free of cost," a Tata Motors spokesperson said.

He said the company is changing the anti-roll bar bush with a more sturdy material than the earlier one.

The anti-roll bar bush is placed between two moving metal parts to prevent friction and provide stability to the vehicle while on the move.

"We are not recalling the Manzas. We are just changing the part as and when the cars are brought to the service centres by customers," he added.

When asked how many units of the Manza will be covered under this exercise, he said: "All the Manzas that are sold so far."

He, however, declined to comment on the exact number of Manza sold so far. The model was launched in October 2009.

As per the company's website, the Manza is currently priced between Rs 5.63 lakh and Rs 7.96 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Earlier last year, Tata Motors had asked an estimated 1.40 lakh Nano owners to bring back their cars for change of the starter motor free-of-cost. It was the biggest-ever replacement exercise in the Indian automobile history.

At that time also, the company had insisted that it was not a recall and the old starter motor was replaced with a new and 'better' one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks