Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2011, 10:52   #1351
BHPian

Re: Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Have you already got hold of your Manza or not yet? Have you started your own thread already? If not, please do so ASAP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Looking forward to your ownership report.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Let it come fast, eagerly awaiting for it

Finally - here is the complete ownership report as promised.

With LOADS of pics.

A few videos coming up too ....

Thank you everyone for your encouragement.

Eagerly awaiting your comments and feedback.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...n-edition.html
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2011, 00:24   #1352
BHPian

Re: Tata Indigo Manza : Celebration Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
3. Build quality (Fit & finish specifically) - not as good as german counterparts - but that too seems to be improving step by step.
4. Relatively poor Brand Value - Unlike the other big T or others - but I do not buy a car to make others jealous or show off my wealth. I buy a car to please my heart, head, foot, backside and pocket (in that order specifically). I would rather be proud of MY decision. & I have no qualms about driving a Tata. Infact proud of it.

I appreciate points 3 & 4 on Indian cars. Tata is the best example which has improved exponentially. I myself prefer Tata cars as they are not only Value for Money but they provide the real comfort, space and tough build which is very much necessary on Indian roads.

For example: Few months back, near Ranebennur on NH4, there was a hump on the highway and some constructions were going on. I observed that Korean and German cars had their bumpers blew off the road due to sudden impact. They were waiting for towing/repairs. But Tata Vista could manage it with a small thud sound at front suspensions, but were good to go. I believe Indian car designers know Indian roads better.

Last edited by yogeshnaik : 5th November 2011 at 00:26.
Old 5th November 2011, 00:51   #1353
BHPian

Well, though the build quality and the fit and finish of the plastics is improving, I would still prefer German build any day. Sure, Tata knows Indians and the Indian roads very well and they are known for making value for money products for the masses, but still we cannot compare these cars to its German rivals when it comes to build quality. The vento and now the rapid, for example are two cars which are miles ahead when it comes to this.

Don't get this the wrong way, I am not against Tata. I own 3 tata products myself. The manza Elan, Indica Vista and the Aria. So, I am quite familiar with tata cars. The only thing I cannot tolerate in a car are the 'rattling' noises and the small 'squeaks' which never cease to exist in any of the three cars I own. The Manza I own is a really good car, no doubt but Tata should start paying attention to such small things.

PS- The ownership thread of my Manza is going to be out soon. Do check it out
Old 5th November 2011, 12:01   #1354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnaik View Post
I appreciate points 3 & 4 on Indian cars. Tata is the best example which has improved exponentially. I myself prefer Tata cars as they are not only Value for Money but they provide the real comfort, space and tough build which is very much necessary on Indian roads.

For example: Few months back, near Ranebennur on NH4, there was a hump on the highway and some constructions were going on. I observed that Korean and German cars had their bumpers blew off the road due to sudden impact. They were waiting for towing/repairs. But Tata Vista could manage it with a small thud sound at front suspensions, but were good to go. I believe Indian car designers know Indian roads better.
Absolutely agree.

Somehow the Indian car makers do understand the Indian road conditions as well as the Indian market & public mentality.

One has to just look at the debacle of Ford Fiesta (new) & Renault Fluence etc. to know that somehow, somewhere - their top executives have NO idea what India is about.

Infact they are trying to fool us by launching the same product twice (Pulse & Micra, Vento & Rapide).

So, I would definitely appreciate & support Indian Automobile manufacturers who are really working hard to match our expectations, International standards and giving us better products (Tata Manza, XUV 500 are the best examples in recent times)

Thank you for your precious words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Well, though the build quality and the fit and finish of the plastics is improving, I would still prefer German build any day. Sure, Tata knows Indians and the Indian roads very well and they are known for making value for money products for the masses, but still we cannot compare these cars to its German rivals when it comes to build quality. The vento and now the rapid, for example are two cars which are miles ahead when it comes to this.

Don't get this the wrong way, I am not against Tata. I own 3 tata products myself. The manza Elan, Indica Vista and the Aria. So, I am quite familiar with tata cars. The only thing I cannot tolerate in a car are the 'rattling' noises and the small 'squeaks' which never cease to exist in any of the three cars I own. The Manza I own is a really good car, no doubt but Tata should start paying attention to such small things.

I absolutely understand what you mean.

I Love German too. Infact that always remains the 'dream' - but the higher end Germans - Merc & Beemer.
Not the VW - which though posesses all the traits of a German - but is simply trying to cash in on the brand value.

& yet ... 'WE' go back to Tata ... I too was contemplating on not going for Tata after my last Indica - but the Manza is a compelling product!

Welcome to the Club! Eagerly looking forward to your Ownership Report too.
Here is mine:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...edition-3.html
Old 5th November 2011, 17:15   #1355
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm damn excited about it, but there is no official Indigo eCS thread here unfortunately. So posting a bit off topic here in the Manza thread. I've always liked the Tata's in house CR4 1.4 DiCOR engine that they have stuffed inside the Indica eV2 & the Indigo eCS. Though the numbers on paper are not top notch compared to the MJD or the Toyota D-4D, it actually is a really good engine to drive. If this engine+ indica eV2 was launched a bit earlier, I'd be owning one instead of my Vista.

Now to my point - I personally always feel magazines like OD, ACI are biased and brand driven. In a pleasant surprise, this month's OD has a single page compact review about the Tata Indigo eCS CR4. Apparently they have tried to keep it as low toned as possible, and have tried their best to keep the reader from seeing the fuel efficiency test result. They did a tank full to tank full method FE test of the eCS, on the Pune-Mumbai stretch, and the returned on road FE is 30.6 km/l !!!! under standard driving.

About time our people started appreciating the efforts of our in-house engineers and designers. That is a really commendable performance even if I am made to accept that the indica/indigo is just a pile of so called "niggles". I'd like the same car to be fitted with an MJD and tested for FE the same way.

(And I'd also like to see an MJD return that much of FE especially in an MSIL car instead of Tata/Fiat. I think OD/ACI will print 2 successive issues talking exclusively about that instead of just one page. It might not happen though since we already know how much FE the MJD can cough out...)

Mods - apologies for the ill-placed post. Please move it to an appropriate place if there is one...

Last edited by Reinhard : 5th November 2011 at 17:21.
Old 6th November 2011, 02:54   #1356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post

I understand. I am a die hard fan of German cars too. Each and every part number of VW is of a great standard. I agree with you on build quality of German cars over rattling factor. It comes for a price that we pay initially. My cousin has a Polo, Passat, SX4 & old Indica V2. He says the maintenance is very low for Indica. The VW group (including Skoda) cars initial price for Polo top end is approx Rs 8.82 lakhs. If you consider After Sales Service, for example if the clutch is worn out, it costs approximately around Rs 40,000 for VW. But for Tata cars, the whole clutch assembly kit it is around Rs. 3,333 - 5,000 (TDi/Quadra Jet). Labour charges are extra. The lifetime is approximately comes to be the same of both the clutches if you statistically analyze them when driven in India (City + Highway).

Awaiting to see your post on your reviews on Manza ownership soon.

Last edited by yogeshnaik : 6th November 2011 at 03:03.
Old 10th November 2011, 16:26   #1357
BHPian

Well, definitely what you said makes sense yogesh, but still German cars exude quality. Plus, there are always small niggles which one faces after buying a Tata, so for someone who wants peace of mind and can afford to pay a price for it, going German is the way!

By the way Guys, my ownership report on the Manza Elan diesel is out. Please check it out

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...anza-elan.html
Old 26th November 2011, 08:54   #1358
BHPian

Not much of Manza seems to be on road. Is it really selling? I don't see much on roads. Is this the Tata factor or what?
Old 18th December 2011, 22:31   #1359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Not much of Manza seems to be on road. Is it really selling? I don't see much on roads. Is this the Tata factor or what?
Makes me wonder too. While a lesser car like the Dzire has an endless waiting list, there don't seem to enough takers for the manza. Service could be a big deterrent, this i've identified as a big negative factor in my ownership experience spread over two years an 25,000 kms in my QJD Aura.
Old 19th December 2011, 13:21   #1360
BHPian

In bangalore - there are tons of Manza's plying and not many are cabbies. It's mostly owned by individuals. Especially in JPNagar/Jaynagar area there are several Manzas that i see almost every day. I drive one too...
Old 19th December 2011, 14:22   #1361
Team-BHP Support

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-manza.jpg

The Manza price list from Hyderabad.

Reading the ownership reviews got me interested in going and seeing the car.
Did not have time for a TD. But it looks good from the inside.
Old 19th December 2011, 15:26   #1362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Attachment 858455

The Manza price list from Hyderabad.

Reading the ownership reviews got me interested in going and seeing the car.
Did not have time for a TD. But it looks good from the inside.
Good Luck.

Pls check what this AMC of Rs.10.5k means for a QJT model.
The extended warranty is already mentioned in the columns to the left.
Also, pls enquire about the T/R and P/R charges in addition to the 12% Life tax.
Old 19th December 2011, 15:27   #1363
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Good Luck.

Pls check what this AMC of Rs.10.5k means for a QJT model.
The extended warranty is already mentioned in the columns to the left.
Also, pls enquire about the T/R and P/R charges in addition to the 12% Life tax.
I am not buying a car. Maybe I might, but I don't think so.

The AMC thing is imho nonsense. The insurance can be bought cheaper outside.
The effective price is definitely less than what the dealer is quoting.

Last edited by bblost : 19th December 2011 at 15:29.
Old 10th January 2012, 10:29   #1364
BHPian

The main problem with Tata is lack of proper after sales service support which is turning down many potential car buyers from choosing a Tata Car. I use to recommend many of my friends to choose Manza and indeed many have driven my car and voted positive. But not even a single guy bought a Tata Car. Indeed i think they all made a wise choice.

I had posted a couple of complaints about the service back up given by a dealer here in Bangalore to Tata Motors and its almost a month now. Till today i have not received any email or call from Tata Motors.Absolutely no response.This seems to be the quality as well as care to customers.

Once the car gets serviced, the customer is normally called by Tata Motors to find out the grievances if any. I have explained my concerns many times, they always give strong replies like , they will attend to the problem immediately. But finally nothing seems to happen and the service centre people tend to continue what they do arrogantly.

Also the minor niggles don't get settled at all. We have to learn to live with it. There seems to be no permanent solution for it.

I don't repent for having bought a Tata car. But for sure my next car will not be a Tata car.
Old 15th January 2012, 08:44   #1365
BHPian

What can be the life of the Fiat MJD engine. Will it have some problem after the 1L kms mark.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks