Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2011, 12:29   #1321
BHPian

Re: Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review

Congrats Dr. Suraj!
Its a really wonderful car. I too didn't like the Burgandy and Biege combination. Hence went for a older version with all Biege shades, which was 12 grands cheaper, when I purchased in March'11.

The dispatches to dealers have just started. Will be availble across India in another 15 days as mentioned by you. The production also is paced up now, from Trusted sources.
Happy Manza'ing

Regards,
Nagendra
Old 17th September 2011, 12:54   #1322
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Indigo Manza : Celebration Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Yes - I have booked mine.
Will upload pics, review and detailed long term ownership report as time permits - but FOR SURE.

Till then - have uploaded ORIGINAL pdf file of the brochure sent by the company.
Congratulations Dr.Suraj on booking your Manza LE. Which colour have you chosen amongst the two available? Thanks for sharing the brochure. Looking forward to your ownership report.

Just a query here. You must have test driven or at least thought of other cars in the segment. What made you go for the Manza?
Old 18th September 2011, 02:08   #1323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Congrats Dr. Suraj!
Its a really wonderful car. I too didn't like the Burgandy and Biege combination. Hence went for a older version with all Biege shades, which was 12 grands cheaper, when I purchased in March'11.

The dispatches to dealers have just started. Will be availble across India in another 15 days as mentioned by you. The production also is paced up now, from Trusted sources.
Happy Manza'ing

Regards,
Nagendra

Thanks you Mr. Nagendra.

Yes precisely - I wrote a letter EXACTLY for that.

I am not very excited about the Tyrian Wine colour on the exterior either - but to see the same shade of purple on my dashboard - everyday !!!
NO WAY !

Well - finally sense prevails and Black & Beige it is.

Just a few days of patience more ......
Old 18th September 2011, 02:23   #1324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Congratulations Dr.Suraj on booking your Manza LE. Which colour have you chosen amongst the two available? Thanks for sharing the brochure. Looking forward to your ownership report.

Just a query here. You must have test driven or at least thought of other cars in the segment. What made you go for the Manza?

Thank you very much for your wishes.

Well - I chose the lesser of the two devils based on a democratic voting majority amongst the four members of the house!

Tyrian Wine (It almost looks like black at night, dark shade, accentuates the curves & straight lines well - somehow seems to suit the car.)

As for your second query:

Yes indeed - I began in May 2011 - intending to purchase in July 2011.
No fixed budget per se - replacement for our 6 yrs old Indica V2 Lxi Petrol.
2 things:
1. good car - which the WHOLE family should love
2. Diesel.

TDed
Hyundai i20, Vista, Figo, Polo
D'zire, Manza, Etios, Vento, SX4 (diesel later), Linea, City(petrol), Verna (new in August).

Had decided on the Manza then - but the purple / burgundy dashboard was UNACCEPTABLE. Wrote a letter to the company - they responded VERY VERY quickly, efficiently and BEAUTIFULLY (provided link in my earlier post).

So was eagerly waiting for this Special Edition since 18th July.
Exactly 2 months later - DONE.

I will be elaborating in detail on all of these later in my full post when I get the Manza.

But in brief the clear cut points about the Manza that made us go for it:

1. Be Indian buy Indian (encourage native brands who are really trying hard to give us a better product and are learning from their mistakes - NOT complacent or taking Indian public for a ride by their ridiculous pricing, outdated models or snob value)
2. TOTAL absolute unadulterated VFM (Value For Money - to the last paise - Like the Tata slogan for the Indica originally - more car per car.

3. Amazing fully loaded features (SOOO many of them! & so well thought)
4. Awesome space and comfort (felt like a BIIIG car atleast 2 segments higher)
5. Good engine - nice punch, easy clutch, great mileage
6. Very solid built, reassuring car with decent network of A.S.S. and above all a COMPANY that DOES bother to respond to consumers.
7. Reasonable overall cost of ownership (spares etc.)

Cons (which we are well aware of)

1. Tata can be a hit or miss (have had bad experiences - but they seem to be improving and I am willing to risk my trust in them once more - since they seem to have the better product amongst all)
2. Plastics in SOME spots not so good (about 11% of the total plastic components - not a deal breaker according to me - I have seen worse)
3. Build quality (Fit & finish specifically) - not as good as german counterparts - but that too seems to be improving step by step.
4. Relatively poor Brand Value - Unlike the other big T or others - but I do not buy a car to make others jealous or show off my wealth. I buy a car to please my heart, head, foot, backside and pocket (in that order specifically). I would rather be proud of MY decision. & I have no qualms about driving a Tata. Infact proud of it.

Dr.Suraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2011, 07:23   #1325
BHPian

Quote:
4. Relatively poor Brand Value - Unlike the other big T or others - but I do not buy a car to make others jealous or show off my wealth. I buy a car to please my heart, head, foot, backside and pocket (in that order specifically). I would rather be proud of MY decision. & I have no qualms about driving a Tata. Infact proud of it.

Excellent. Exactly this point [#4] is what drove me to Tata again for Safari from my earlier Marina. People [from all corners - office, relatives, friends] started asking "Are you a TATA ambassador" and I said there is nothing wrong in it if I am one.
Your order of preference is also matching mine and OT - Decision to buy Safari is mainly driven by one's HEART, but, Innova/Fortunter buying is mainly driven by Brain. Thats why, we see a less of a Safari sales as compared to Innova since the world [people] is losing HEART day by day

Good one, Good luck Suraj !

Prem.
Old 18th September 2011, 16:30   #1326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As for your second query:
Yes indeed - I began in May 2011 - intending to purchase in July 2011.
No fixed budget per se - replacement for our 6 yrs old Indica V2 Lxi Petrol.
2 things:
1. good car - which the WHOLE family should love
2. Diesel.
Thanks for sharing that. You seem to be echoing my thoughts. Even I am in the hunt for a good sedan for the replacement of my 7.3 year old, trustworthy Indica DLX & the above two are exactly my priorities as well.

Quote:
TDed
Hyundai i20, Vista, Figo, Polo
D'zire, Manza, Etios, Vento, SX4 (diesel later), Linea, City(petrol), Verna (new in August).
That is a whole lot of cars. Till date I have been able to test drove only the Verna (Fluidic). Have driven a friend's Manza, but for a limited distance. I am not in a hurry to replace my Indica & can pull it till the time she serves me well. This could be one of the reasons I am not that eager to TD the cars.

Quote:
Had decided on the Manza then - but the purple / burgundy dashboard was UNACCEPTABLE. Wrote a letter to the company - they responded VERY VERY quickly, efficiently and BEAUTIFULLY (provided link in my earlier post).
That is very encouraging, guess I missed that part, will revisit it again.

Quote:
I will be elaborating in detail on all of these later in my full post when I get the Manza.
Looking forward to your ownership report.

Quote:
But in brief the clear cut points about the Manza that made us go for it:

Cons (which we are well aware of)
Very well summed up.
Old 19th September 2011, 22:52   #1327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Excellent. Exactly this point [#4] is what drove me to Tata again for Safari from my earlier Marina. People [from all corners - office, relatives, friends] started asking "Are you a TATA ambassador" and I said there is nothing wrong in it if I am one.
Your order of preference is also matching mine and OT - Decision to buy Safari is mainly driven by one's HEART, but, Innova/Fortunter buying is mainly driven by Brain. Thats why, we see a less of a Safari sales as compared to Innova since the world [people] is losing HEART day by day

Good one, Good luck Suraj !

Prem.

Thank you very much Mr. Prem.

It is really heartening to know I am not the only 'hearty fool'.
As they like to call us.

Well 'Ambassador' is by HM, SAFARI is by Tata (PJ :P )
But indeed, what a LOVELY car.
Makes us all skip a beat till date.

Congratulations!

Atleast we have the satisfaction of saying : "jo dil me aaya woh kiya duniya ki fikar kiye bina. "
Old 19th September 2011, 23:05   #1328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Thanks for sharing that. You seem to be echoing my thoughts. Even I am in the hunt for a good sedan for the replacement of my 7.3 year old, trustworthy Indica DLX & the above two are exactly my priorities as well.
Quote:
That is a whole lot of cars. Till date I have been able to test drove only the Verna (Fluidic).
That is a totally different segment actually.
The C segment is Verito, Dzire, Manza & Etios.
C+ is Vento, City, Fiesta, Verna etc.

But - one usually doesn't go in for a 'Just Launched' Car. So even if you are intending to buy 2 months later - it makes sense to start TDing & get a feel.

Also - btw - people usually don't buy in the last quarter owing to the 'depreciation issue'.
So obviously you will be buying in Jan 2012.
A lot of new stuff coming up by then!

Quote:

That is very encouraging, guess I missed that part, will revisit it again.
Yes ... It REALLY is. I was VERY surprised. Please DO read it.
Tata had the courtesy to tell me 2 months in advance!
& another relative of mine - who booked the Vento, when I informed them that they too were coming out in a special edition - he contacted them - they flatly refused & lied.
in EXACTLY 14 days later - Breeze edition was launched.
My relative cancelled his booking & immediately bought the Manza.

Quote:
Looking forward to your ownership report.
Ofcourse.
I intend to make it a long term report as well.
But I hope to start the thread by 10th October or so.

Quote:

Very well summed up.
Thank you !!!
Old 7th October 2011, 17:27   #1329
BHPian

Hello guys,
I went for a long drive yesterday and here are my observations w.r.t the car.I have the Manza Safire Aura
+
1. Comfort Comfort Comfort
2. Stability at high speeds satisfactory
3. Steering kinda heavy at high speeds
4. Engine sounds nice at higher RPMs (GTO noted that italian grunt)

-
1. Fuel Efficiency: MID shows Avg as 12.8 which i think is really really bad. experts what do you suggest? Any tips for mileage improvement? How much are other Manza petrol owners getting?
2. Wierd noise (like the sound of buses when they brake) coming from the wheels sometimes (when i am not braking)
3. Non existent 2nd gear on inclines.
4. Small squeak from the horn button and a part of the dashboard if it goes on a very rough patch.

How are the other manza petrol owner's experiences? It will be really valuable to know your experiences.

Thanks for your time....
Old 7th October 2011, 17:44   #1330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tata Indigo Manza - Celebration Edition.
Yes - I have booked mine.
Sorry for a late response. Heartiest congratulations for the Manza. Its one of the most logical choices in that segment. Your reasoning is impeccable.

Have you already got hold of your Manza or not yet? Have you started your own thread already? If not, please do so ASAP.

Wishing you all the best !
Old 8th October 2011, 10:41   #1331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Sorry for a late response. Heartiest congratulations for the Manza. Its one of the most logical choices in that segment. Your reasoning is impeccable.

Have you already got hold of your Manza or not yet? Have you started your own thread already? If not, please do so ASAP.

Wishing you all the best !
Thank you very much Mr. Ajay.

I am glad to find such heartening and resounding support.

Yes, I have got my Manza. Just 2 days ago - on Dussera.

I cannot describe how much in love I am ! Totally head over heels.
Cannot stop gushing !

Yes, my thread is due. Very much due.

But serious time constraints owing to prior commitments - means that it will be delayed.

Sorry!
Old 8th October 2011, 20:44   #1332
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

The manza clebration edition from relio quick auto mall 2011
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-20111008-14.55.49.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-20111008-14.57.19.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-20111008-14.57.35.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-20111008-14.58.07.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-20111008-14.58.16.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-20111008-14.58.33.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-20111008-14.58.49.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-20111008-14.59.16.jpg  

Old 9th October 2011, 11:48   #1333
BHPian

^^^ Personally feel that the interiors on this LE is probably the most evolved version in Manza interiors from the earlier warm grey and beige to the current black/burgendy & beige combos. The current non LE version has too much vanilla beige parts which gets soiled very easily.

Wish Tata makes the LE dash board color combo standard on all Manzas and Vistas.
Old 9th October 2011, 13:17   #1334
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

This interior colour should be made standard on all manzas. Looks simply awesome. This would look in perfect sync with the dew white shade (another shade the celebration edition will be available in).
Old 9th October 2011, 18:42   #1335
BHPian

On a one to one comparison to Vista VX /ZX What are the additional features Manza Aura ABS and Elan models come with?

The Price of Manza Aura ABS is 7.08L and Elan is 7.7L while compared to Vista VX@ 5.5L and Vista ZX 6.1L

The price difference is over 1.5L between Vista VX/ZX and Manza Aura ABS/ Elan. This gives a feeling that Manza is overpriced tome.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks