Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2011, 13:32   #1291
BHPian

Re: Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
By the way what is the mileage the fellows bhpians owning Manza is getting. I very recently did a 1300km trip and i got a mileage of 15.85kmpl only. The average speed that i drove was 100-120 kmpl. So is that normal at that speed.
Yes, it is. I recently did a Pune - Hyd - Pune trip.

While going -

Load: Trunk Loaded with one layer of bags and Strolleys mainly consisting clothes.
Passengers: 5 Adults.
Cruising speed: 90~100kmph. ( Could hardly get a good stretch infact).
A/C: 100%
Consumption: 18.5 kmpl.
Driving style: Aggressive at 4 or 5 incidences. Rest Sedate.

While returning -

Load: Trunk loaded with two layers of bags and strolleys( One 25kgs drum filled with rice included).
Passengers: 4 adults
Cruising speed: 100~110.
Driving Style: Moderately aggressive. As departure was delayed till 10.30 am & was supposed to cross sholapur before the suns sinks.
A/C : 100%
Consumption: 17.2 kmpl.

IMHO, it reduces once you cross 110 kmph. Ofcourse, it mostly depends on one's driving style too.
So it is definately normaly with your Manza.
Don't worry. Keep "Manzaa 'ing".
Old 11th July 2011, 21:45   #1292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
^ My Manza's also gets a turbo boost at around 2500 rpm only. It is not as pronounced as a SWIFT/DZIRE and I feel it only when in 3rd/4th gear.

I think the actual turbo kicks in much earlier (1500 - 1700 rpm) as my engine gets more responsive from 1500 rpm onwards though the boost is felt at 2500 rpm

Hi Sridhar how many Kms have you done with your Manza.
Old 12th July 2011, 11:58   #1293
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sridhar how many Kms have you done with your Manza.
8300 kms on the odo and waiting for the 3rd service.

On the mileage part, I usually get 14-15 kmpl in the city with 100 % A/C and changing gears at 2200 rpm in order to keep it in the 1500 -2200 rpm band.
The mileage is extremely sensitive to load. The max I have got was 15.5 kmpl on long trip with speeds varying from 60~130 kmph.

One question here for the gurus and fellow owners. The engine is getting heated up these days a bit more than earlier even on cooler nights i.e the secondary fan runs a lot more frequently. Based on feedback in this forum, I was considering the oil change at 10k though the manual recommends 20k oil change interval. However, I am confused whether I should continue with the same oil to get the engine set as the vehicle had been on synthetic oil from day 1 and only now it is being subjected to more varying temperature. Would appreciate any feedback.
Old 12th July 2011, 13:23   #1294
BHPian

Quote:
8300 kms on the odo and waiting for the 3rd service.

On the mileage part, I usually get 14-15 kmpl in the city with 100 % A/C and changing gears at 2200 rpm in order to keep it in the 1500 -2200 rpm band.
The mileage is extremely sensitive to load. The max I have got was 15.5 kmpl on long trip with speeds varying from 60~130 kmph.

One question here for the gurus and fellow owners. The engine is getting heated up these days a bit more than earlier even on cooler nights i.e the secondary fan runs a lot more frequently. Based on feedback in this forum, I was considering the oil change at 10k though the manual recommends 20k oil change interval. However, I am confused whether I should continue with the same oil to get the engine set as the vehicle had been on synthetic oil from day 1 and only now it is being subjected to more varying temperature. Would appreciate any feedback.
The service advisors usally disagree with the oil change at 10k kms. They always say that Saaar this is Synthetic oil Saaar. It is not like the old one Saaaar bla blabla. But i personally prefer to change the oil at 10k kms. Even though the user manual instructs replacement of oil at 20 k kms only, i seriously do not prefer the same. Even other owners also changed the oil much earlier.You need not worry for the change, it is just early spending of money. Thats it.

As far as heating, i use to observe some burn smell during the long drives and arrived at a conclusion for myself that i should not speed the car when first started in the morning and from then on i think i didn't observe this abnormality.
Old 21st July 2011, 11:54   #1295
BHPian

Can anyone confirm what's tata's rate for paid service of Manza QJD? The TASS I went to for 30k km paid service charged me 1,250+tax. Other I went to yesterday for just oil change told me 850+tax.

If it's 850, I would complain to TATA about the excess charge for my 30k paid service, not for 400 rs, but for the cheating they are doing.
Old 21st July 2011, 15:01   #1296
BHPian

Quote:
8300 kms on the odo and waiting for the 3rd service. .
I am at 7292 on th odo. Not far left behind you Sridhar.
Though my initial ownership experience post is pending, I am almost ready for the 3rd free service. I took the delivery on 9th March'11.
By the way, followed your advise and installed the RD reverse parking sensors in my Manza.
The detailed experience of the same is still in the Assembly line section. Will post once I conclude the same.
Old 22nd July 2011, 09:00   #1297
BHPian

Maverick. Good to hear that you are catching up fast.

Have been hearing an annoying rattle on the dashboard for quite a while. I thought that the problem was with the HU but even after padding the HU with packing material during the ICE upgrade, the rattle did not vanish.

Inspired by another Vista owner on the Long term ownership thread, did a DIY. Found the A/C duct on the driver side to be the culprit. The one marked in red. A small jugaad to add some cardboard on the areas marked in blue fixed the rattle for now.
Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-dashboard-rattle.jpg

During the 3rd service, will ask TASS for a proper fix

BTW, saw a new Manza ELAN with a OE body kit in a nearby TASP. The kit enhances the look on the Elan and it comes up with a OE spoiler. Unfortunately, did not have my camera in hand.
Old 29th July 2011, 06:43   #1298
BANNED

During a trip last month, my driver took the car over a rock which was put as road barrier. On checking with service center they adviced that Catalytic converter has been bent completely (and hence the noise) and needs replacement. I asked them to procure it,and yesterday got a call that its availible now and costs 50k. They have indicated that the Insurance will cover 50-60% of the cost (2 year of purchase..hence).

Need advice on two aspects -
1)Does a cat con cost 50k or is there anything I need to check?
2)Is the insurance coverage standard (50-60%...what ever the insurance guy points next) or can be negotiated?

Thanks,
Vijay
Old 29th July 2011, 10:15   #1299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
During a trip last month, my driver took the car over a rock which was put as road barrier. On checking with service center they adviced that Catalytic converter has been bent completely (and hence the noise) and needs replacement. I asked them to procure it,and yesterday got a call that its availible now and costs 50k. They have indicated that the Insurance will cover 50-60% of the cost (2 year of purchase..hence).

Need advice on two aspects -
1)Does a cat con cost 50k or is there anything I need to check?
2)Is the insurance coverage standard (50-60%...what ever the insurance guy points next) or can be negotiated?

Thanks,
Vijay
I'd advise to take opinion from a reliable garage as well, mainly on repair side of cat con. Also, you can check cat con cost from a reliable spare shop. They should have it for most Tata cars, if not Manza. That will give you idea on pricing.

I know many folks on T-bhp run their cars with cat con removed as well (FFE usually is w/o cat con). Not sure if there are any side effects except for a little more pollution. If it's actually 50k, I'd think in those lines as well. Best option is to go for insurance. Not sure why they would give only 50-60%. This is a metal part and should be covered 100% in insurance. May be I am not aware of something here, never had to claim insurance so far? Touchwood!
Old 1st August 2011, 11:27   #1300
BHPian

Hi friends. My Manza has completed 7500 kms till now and its due for third free service on account of completion of 1 year from purchase. Oil change is one thing which is to be discussed now. Since my car has done just 7.5k on the odo,is it still necessary to change oil just because the car has done 1 year. I have seen many Manza owners change oil very early, but my question is is it really necessarily to do so. Plus the service adviser says that the cost will be be close to 4k + air filter 1.2k total works to be 5.2k. Please advise. I am bit hesitant to spend close to 5k now ,but if it is a strict requirement i will surely do it.

Last edited by rki2007 : 1st August 2011 at 11:32. Reason: spelling mistakes
Old 4th August 2011, 21:14   #1301
BHPian

Quote:
Hi friends. My Manza has completed 7500 kms till now and its due for third free service on account of completion of 1 year from purchase. Oil change is one thing which is to be discussed now. Since my car has done just 7.5k on the odo,is it still necessary to change oil just because the car has done 1 year. I have seen many Manza owners change oil very early, but my question is is it really necessarily to do so. Plus the service adviser says that the cost will be be close to 4k + air filter 1.2k total works to be 5.2k. Please advise. I am bit hesitant to spend close to 5k now ,but if it is a strict requirement i will surely do it.
Well, I've got 22,000kms under my (none too small) belt, and I got the engine oil changed by the book at 20,000 kms. Car's running perfectly giving 14-15kpl in Delhi with 100% AC. The engine's bullet like tug, once the turbo kicks in, is as exhilerating as it was on day one! and lucky me! I get to try it out every day on the ring road bypass on my way to work! So no sweat, guys just play it by the book. Remember, the manufacturer knows his product best. Happy motoring!
Old 5th August 2011, 08:14   #1302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Well, I've got 22,000kms under my (none too small) belt, and I got the engine oil changed by the book at 20,000 kms. Car's running perfectly giving 14-15kpl in Delhi with 100% AC. The engine's bullet like tug, once the turbo kicks in, is as exhilerating as it was on day one! and lucky me! I get to try it out every day on the ring road bypass on my way to work! So no sweat, guys just play it by the book. Remember, the manufacturer knows his product best. Happy motoring!
This is what our GTO says in the 76th page:-

" I simply do NOT agree with a 20,000 kms oil change interval. Heck, I firmly state that even the 15,000 kms intervals recommended by most Euro manufacturers are NOT applicable to our driving conditions.

Even if the oil is of really good quality, I wouldn't go over 7,500 kms on the same lube. Our driving conditions are too high on abuse & dust for that. Akhil, I recommend you get the oil + filter changed at your cost. No, it wont void the warranty either."

There cannot be a second opinion when he says this.So i prefer to change oil at 7500 kms and since my car is about to complete 1 year of usage on the same oil.
Old 5th August 2011, 08:21   #1303
Senior - BHPian

Most Indian manufacturers also mention a time limit for usage of engine oil and recommend that the lubes be changed at this time even if you are well below the kms run. This is primarily because of the Indian conditions.

Doesnt the manual specify a particular time limit other than a mileage limit for change of engine oil.
Old 5th August 2011, 10:09   #1304
BHPian

^^The oil change interval for Manza as per the manual is 1 year or 20K KM which ever is earlier. I suspect that not changing the lube at 1 yr will affect warranty claims.

Just got my car out of 3rd service (10K) at VST. Wanted a oil change and the SA was advising against it. I insisted but then backed out as VST uses Mobil 1 0W40 for all Manza's (diesel and petrol).

Per my reading of diesel synthetics in this forum, Mobil 1 0W40 is not the right choice and the Manza manual is confusing in this regard. On the specification, it states 5W40 synthetic but on the list of recommended brands, it states Mobil1 0W40 or Petronas selenia 5W40 synthetic. SA who was adamant that they have been using Mobil 1 on all cars and even Mobil1 is used in all new cars.

I am confused on whether
1) I should change the oil at some other place with Mobil Delvalac or Shell Ultra Diesel? If yes, does changing the oil outside of TASS affect any warranty claims? Would they even know if we changed them outside as long as we change again at 20k at TASS?
2) or check out other TASS who use Selenia.
3) I even wonder based on feedback from some other owners that I should wait and change it at 20k.

Other updates from the service:

1) Driver side power window switches, A/C recirculation switch motor, combination switch were replaced under warranty.

2) The mirror pad on my left ORVM had fallen off earlier but the assembly including the motor was intact. Had to buy the entire assembly (black color) and use the the mirror pad from that assembly on my set up.

The mirror pad alone is not available with the service centers. Checked with 3 different TASS and also a few mechanics for the past few months with no success. Cost Rs. 1050 + tax. When the car was in service, had to use a Friends track call taxi, an Indica DLS which had its a/c fan & setting knobs broken. The driver was mentioning that the spare was Rs 3K with TASS and he couldnt get the replacement anywhere (Puduput, junk car yard etc.) So much for Tatas' low spare part cost.

3) Rattling around the A/C vents have been fixed but there are very minor rattles now. Planning a DIY fix.

4) Air filter was changed (charged)

5) Took the service+ pack that VST offers along with 3M which looks at greasing and tightening at various joints (door hinges, interior panels, under chasis. Cost Rs.600K
Old 5th August 2011, 10:31   #1305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^^The oil change interval for Manza as per the manual is 1 year or 20K KM which ever is earlier. I suspect that not changing the lube at 1 yr will affect warranty claims.
I am a bit shocked. My family owns a Punto and FIAT recommend engine oil change either at 1 yr or 15000kms and this while insisting on 5W40 Synthetic oil. They recommend Selenia brand, but tech specs only mention a Synthetic base 5W40 oil. Surprised that Tata is recommending a good 5000kms more with what is basically the same engine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks