Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2011, 11:57   #1261
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review

The tyrian wine and tuscan wine (punto) shade look almost the same. But somehow The purple dash in the aura ABS and elan looks like a toy. It should have been black plus beige. Hope some of you remember the 07 scorpio with that hideous "blue and grey" dashboard which looked horrendous. Whoever gave this idea of purple plus beige ought to be fired.
Old 10th March 2011, 12:29   #1262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Has anyone seen this new Manza ad being aired on various channels nowadays. Good poke at the so called Japanese engineering & technology.

Tata Manza - A class apart - Video - YouTube
Yes saw that advertisement in TV, feature wise for me Manza is real VFM, but TATA needs to improvise on niggling issues that crops up and also improve upon their A.S.S if not at par with other leading Car Manufacturers but at-least somewhere close to them.
Old 10th March 2011, 12:29   #1263
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 11th March 2011 at 16:04.
ottocycle is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th March 2011, 13:07   #1264
BHPian

I agree with sidindica,
The previous beige interiors atleast made the car look ambient and bright with a spacious feel, the new interiors look dull, they could have gone with Black and beige as in 90HP vista, they look much better and aggressive and would prevent dashboard glare as well
Old 10th March 2011, 15:33   #1265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Yes saw that advertisement in TV, feature wise for me Manza is real VFM, but TATA needs to improvise on niggling issues that crops up and also improve upon their A.S.S if not at par with other leading Car Manufacturers but at-least somewhere close to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
The ALAN ad is really nice and innovative.
Looks like a Jackie Chan comedy movie and manages to prove the points.
Guys, here is the linky from tbhp thread Best AD for Indian cars for those interested in the new Manza (Elan) TV Commercial.
Old 30th March 2011, 16:06   #1266
BHPian

Do not know if any of you have come across this yet or not.(Mods please move this thread if inappropriate). But I just received a newsletter sort of thing from Tata Motors(probably because my dad has a Tata-empower loyalty car made when he went to get the Indica serviced once). It had an IPL Match schedule with a Manza poster and another small pamphlet kind of booklet about the Manza.
While glancing through, some familiar words caught my attention. Lo and behold, the exact same words from GTO's very first post in this thread about the Manza in the review. Words would not explain how proud I felt at that moment. I am still showing it off to my friends and family. Nice work Team-Bhp.
P.S. I am attaching a few pics of the Newsletter. Please excuse me for the poor quality phonecam pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-30032011323.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-30032011324.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-30032011325.jpg  

Old 30th March 2011, 16:19   #1267
Senior - BHPian

Isn't that plagarism, if they haven't quoted GTO?
Old 30th March 2011, 16:34   #1268
Senior - BHPian

@amtak: click and enlarge the picture - They have quoted "GTO, Team-Bhp moderator on Manza"

Feels proud when ever I see the name. Good work, BHPians. Kudos.
Old 30th March 2011, 16:41   #1269
Senior - BHPian

@ theexperthand,

Yes. My bad. Kudos to TBHP! In the days of ACI/OD, Team Bhp beats them hollow.
Old 30th March 2011, 18:32   #1270
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner666 View Post
Do not know if any of you have come across this yet or not.(Mods please move this thread if inappropriate). But I just received a newsletter sort of thing from Tata Motors(probably because my dad has a Tata-empower loyalty car made when he went to get the Indica serviced once). It had an IPL Match schedule with a Manza poster and another small pamphlet kind of booklet about the Manza.
While glancing through, some familiar words caught my attention. Lo and behold, the exact same words from GTO's very first post in this thread about the Manza in the review. Words would not explain how proud I felt at that moment. I am still showing it off to my friends and family. Nice work Team-Bhp.
Thanks for sharing.

But I'm rather peeved that Tata chose to only mention my "What you'll like" points, and not the equally important "What you don't like".

Thumbs down from me. It's about time they accept their cars for what they are. We do!
Old 6th April 2011, 12:49   #1271
Senior - BHPian

BSM report on the Manza Elan:

Tata Manza Elan review

for them it is a goods alternative to those who do not want to go for the SX4 or Vento Diesel (what a comparison ). The car is spacious & has good ride (period).

To sum up BSM report is an eyewash & gets thumbs down from me.
Old 27th April 2011, 10:46   #1272
BHPian

Not sure if you have looked at it this way, but I just observed that Tata Motors has increased the ex-showroom price of Manza by over 10% in last 15 months. Ex-S/R price of Aura ABS variant last year around Feb (when I bought) was 6.3xL and now it's 7.0xL. I am hoping other variants would have moved similarly.

Part of the increase is due to BS4 compliance and increase in other input costs but isn't 10%+ hike excessive. At this price, I think, Manza is not that much of a VFM money buy as it was earlier.

Also, for non metro buyers, I see the difference between BS3 and BS4 model prices is 26k. It used to be around 10k earlier I think.

Last edited by amit1234singla : 27th April 2011 at 10:48. Reason: Formatting
Old 28th April 2011, 18:50   #1273
BHPian

Looking for a quick clarification - Does the Aura version have the blaupunkt audio? The brochure says that the aura ABS comes with the bluetooth audio which i believe is the balupunkt, while the aura normal comes only with a 2-din stereo. Anyone know more on this?
Old 4th May 2011, 15:07   #1274
BHPian

Just one update, Recently there was squeeking noise when the brake was applied so took the car to Prerana Hosur rd,upon inspection i was told that the front brake pad needs to be replaced (car has run for 30,000 Kms).
Total cost was Rs.2326.

Please confirm if brake pad failure at 30K Kms is common or something abnormal?
Old 5th May 2011, 12:58   #1275

Hi, folks!

GTO, boss, great review !! But I have a small disagreement with you - no company will ever admit any bad points about its cars (or any other product), unless they are of such a level / scale as to warrant a recall. So, they will take only the plus points mentioned by you, and not minuses. After all, they do want to sell their cars!
I have been driving a Manza for just over a year now, and found zero major complaints (e.g. for similar cars, say Swift dzire, the look itself is a HUGE minus!). Also found Tata sales and service far far better than M-S (I have a WagonR also, and the arrogance of the sales and service staff has to be seen to be believed! I am ready to sell the car after only 3 months, just so that I don't have to face the Maruti service guys again!).
Right now, even with price increase, the Manza, IMHO, does not have ANY competition (unless you pay substantially more). If you are upgrading (which is the normal way to go) from ANY smaller car, and have 7 or 7.5 lac budget, go for Manza!! (by the way, I am not being paid by Tatas in any way). Unless of course, you prefer to spend big bucks on a small car (like Jazz).

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks