Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2011, 09:26   #1231
BHPian

Re: Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review

Hi,

I am buying an Indigo Manza Quadrajet Aqua. As far as I know, the later version has no mechanical changes; and even the cosmetic changes are in top-end version.

In fact the 2010 Aqua had a stereo, which had been discontinued in 2011 version.

Now I have the option of buying a 2011 version, with no discount. Or an October-2010 manufactured car, with a 20K discount and stereo - making it effectively difference of 35K.

The said car is on display in Srinathiji Motors in Ghaziabad, and the odo reading is 13 KMs. And there are no tell-tale signs of it being run. The rubber shreds (those pin like thingies jutting out of tread) are still present. The carpeting is absolutely clean, which can't be if the car had been run. There is no dirt in pedals, on in the tyre-walls etc. The body work is clean, not a single scratch anywhere, though the door plastics are a bit dirty, because of it being a display unit.

I intend to keep the car for at least 5 years, so difference in resale of 2010 and 2011 models won't matter much for me .

Please tell me whether I should go for this Oct-2010 car. My bank will give me the DD accordingly, so I have about 2 hours to decide :-)

Thanks

Nitin

Last edited by ntomer : 7th February 2011 at 09:30.
Old 7th February 2011, 09:42   #1232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Hi...Please tell me whether I should go for this Oct-2010 car. My bank will give me the DD accordingly, so I have about 2 hours to decide :-)..

Nitin
Nitin,

My suggestion, if you are absolutely sure that the car is clean, you should go for it. 20k discount and music system is not a bad deal, try if you can get some corp discount or freebies.

I think the changes between 2010 and 2011 are worth ignoring, especially on Aqua. You can spend the money saved on a nice set of alloys (if you wish). Just a suggestion, try to negotiate to get the car at 2010 price. Logically recent price increase (~10k) should be applied to 2011 models as there are changes to the features. See what you can get. Good luck!
Old 7th February 2011, 09:45   #1233
Senior - BHPian

Nitin,

If I had a choice, I would go for the 2010 version -- BUT only after making absolutely sure that the car was not abused / test driven / used for the dealers etc.

As it is the re-sale doesnt bother you.
Old 7th February 2011, 09:48   #1234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
My suggestion, if you are absolutely sure that the car is clean, you should go for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
BUT only after making absolutely sure that the car was not abused / test driven / used for the dealers etc.
How do I make sure of this? I have checked the basic things as I mentioned in my previous post. Is there anything else I should check?

Thanks

Nitin

Last edited by ntomer : 7th February 2011 at 09:52.
Old 7th February 2011, 09:58   #1235
BHPian

Quote:
How do I make sure of this. I have checked the basic things as I mentioned in my previous post. Is there anything else I should check?

Thanks

Nitin
Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - On Buying - Pre-delivery Inspection & Check List

Please read, print this and take to the dealership. If the car checks every point mentioned in this on car condition, it should be okay.

Good thing is that tires still have those rubber tips coming out, which means she had not been driven. They usually wear out within 5 km of driving. Also, I have seen dealers (not only car) offering special discount for display units. Are you getting anything for that or a normal year end discount. If you would consider, I'd approach it like this. First, negotiate hard with the dealer w/o showing much interest in the car. Points being 2010 model, display car, new 2011 models released by Tata etc. Once you get what you need, then check the car as per the check list. If you show interest by going around the car with a check list and then talk to them, they know you like the model. Dealers know that some things have sentimental value (especially cars and residential homes).
Old 7th February 2011, 10:33   #1236
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Aqua gained body coloured OSRVM and door handles and deleted the MP3 CD player on the new one. Good move, 'cause it didnt have USB/ aux-in port or blue 5.
Aura has full MP3/USb/Aux-in, but blue-5 is deleted. Both the models have two tone black and beige interiors.
Aura ABS remains as it is, but gets baingani and beige interiors, and the elan replaces the aura plus and gets many loadings, which are mentioned in the brochure.
Old 7th February 2011, 10:44   #1237
BHPian

Quote:
Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - On Buying - Pre-delivery Inspection & Check List

Please read, print this and take to the dealership. If the car checks every point mentioned in this on car condition, it should be okay.
I have checked almost everything in it, and the car looks ok. So I think I should go ahead with it. Right?

Quote:
Good thing is that tires still have those rubber tips coming out, which means she had not been driven. They usually wear out within 5 km of driving. Also, I have seen dealers (not only car) offering special discount for display units. Are you getting anything for that or a normal year end discount. If you would consider, I'd approach it like this. First, negotiate hard with the dealer w/o showing much interest in the car. Points being 2010 model, display car, new 2011 models released by Tata etc. Once you get what you need, then check the car as per the check list. If you show interest by going around the car with a check list and then talk to them, they know you like the model. Dealers know that some things have sentimental value (especially cars and residential homes).
This 20K discount was his best offer. I don't think he is going to go beyond that. And anyways I am also getting the stock music system, so the discount totals up to about 32-35K.

Thanks

Nitin
Old 7th February 2011, 11:47   #1238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The body work is clean, not a single scratch anywhere, though the door plastics are a bit dirty, because of it being a display unit.
Being a car on display, the doors might have opened/closed a zillion times. If at all you buy this, make sure doors are reset/tightened and door panel/inside handles are fine, and ensure switches/handles etc are not broken or damaged.
Old 7th February 2011, 12:06   #1239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Being a car on display, the doors might have opened/closed a zillion times. If at all you buy this, make sure doors are reset/tightened and door panel/inside handles are fine, and ensure switches/handles etc are not broken or damaged.
Very good point teamveevee. I will make sure of this.

\N
Old 7th February 2011, 17:12   #1240
Senior - BHPian

Tata Manza Elan launched today:

Available in the same Quadrajet diesel and Safire petrol engines, Indigo Manza Elan is available at all Tata outlets throughout the country from today.

Price:
Rs 5.14 lakhs (Ex-Showroom New Delhi) for Safire petrol
Rs 5.91 lakhs (Ex-Showroom New Delhi) for Quadrajet diesel range
  • Manza Elan will come with following features;
    • Two tone alloys
    • ABS
    • Airbags
    • Rear demister
    • Adjustable steering wheel
    • Door intrusion beam for safety
    • Drive away locking
    • Energy absorbing steering wheel
    • Follow me headlights
    • All new Tyrian wine color
    • Fog lights
    • Chrome finished bottom
    • Beige and burgundy interiors
    • Delayed power window system
    • The new state of the art music system will allow you to connect up to 5 Bluetooth devices. A fully integrated 2-DIN stereo music system has steering controls with USB and Aux-in facility.
Manza
Old 7th February 2011, 17:26   #1241
BHPian

The prices indicated by you for Manza Elan are incorrect. The correct prices ex showroom Delhi are as per image attached. (Safire BS IV - INR 6.58 Lac approx and Quadrajet BS IV - INR 7.43 Lac approx.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-manza-prices.gif  

Old 7th February 2011, 17:35   #1242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_DEL View Post
The prices indicated by you for Manza Elan are incorrect. The correct prices ex showroom Delhi are as per image attached. (Safire BS IV - INR 6.58 Lac approx and Quadrajet BS IV - INR 7.43 Lac approx.
The prices are not entirely incorrect buddy. The prices I indicated are of the base models of each engine.
Old 7th February 2011, 18:46   #1243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
The prices are not entirely incorrect buddy. The prices I indicated are of the base models of each engine.
All the variants on offer by the company are listed in the graphic attached. A cursory view will confirm that. If you are saying Manza base model is available is at prices you indicated , yes you are correct. If OTOH you are suggesting numbers posted by you are prices for Manza Elan variant then you need to review the graphic posted.
Old 8th February 2011, 11:48   #1244
BHPian

Hi,

Manza Quadrajet base model is equipped with an immobilizer; and has central locking too, but no remote locking.

Will there be enhanced security if I install an Autocop remote locking system, or will it give me only the remote locking thing?

Tata guys are quoting 4500 for it. If it gives me enhanced security, I will go for it, otherwise I will skip it.

Nitin
Old 8th February 2011, 11:59   #1245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Manza Quadrajet base model is equipped with an immobilizer; and has central locking too, but no remote locking.

Will there be enhanced security if I install an Autocop remote locking system, or will it give me only the remote locking thing?

Tata guys are quoting 4500 for it. If it gives me enhanced security, I will go for it, otherwise I will skip it.

Nitin
I am not too sure about enhanced security, but it surely is very convenient. Try and bargain for a remote with button for Windows up/down and remote boot lid/fuel lid opening. That will be of lot of use and convenience.

Hey, Nitin: Are you going for the newly launched Manza? Is there any change in the variants of old Manza and new Manza, except the Elan variant?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks