Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2010, 19:29   #1141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kmiles View Post
@Akhil/@Viper21

I have Manza Aura+ with 5K on ODO. Do get a moderate suspension crashing sound from front end - the kind you will get in older Indicas running as cabs. Very irritating. This crashing is being highlighted as problem in Indigo e-CS and is a Tata malaise. Have you guys approached someone for resolution? If it is design fault, we are probably stuck.

Have called up Tata Motors about other problems on my Manza (will post separately). Will get the problems in second service and hope to get some resolution. Will keep posted if something changes.
Yes and off late i have started hearing a scratching sound when the car goes on a hump too. And i still get that loud sound when i hit a speed breaker at slightly higher speeds. Not sure what i need to do about this. I will check this after my second service.

On another note, do you feel the tyres are noisy especially the rear when passing over speadbreakers or potholes ? I pretty much get all the noise inside the cabin.

I have already mentioned this in my previous post but i feel the PS is a little hard after driving for about 5 -10 mins. Again 2nd service should address this.

Guys, what has been your experience till now?
Old 4th September 2010, 11:29   #1142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper21 View Post
Yes and off late i have started hearing a scratching sound when the car goes on a hump too. And i still get that loud sound when i hit a speed breaker at slightly higher speeds. Not sure what i need to do about this. I will check this after my second service.

On another note, do you feel the tyres are noisy especially the rear when passing over speadbreakers or potholes ? I pretty much get all the noise inside the cabin.

I have already mentioned this in my previous post but i feel the PS is a little hard after driving for about 5 -10 mins. Again 2nd service should address this.

yes, there is an extended "khachch" sound when the front as well as rear tyres go over the bump - even when the car is slow. I also get a bus-like screeching sound when applying the breaks in this rainy season. are these common observations ?
Old 4th September 2010, 13:05   #1143
BHPian

same noise is what I hear from my manza, also it seems to be coming even at a small potholes.

Can this be design defect?
Old 4th September 2010, 13:28   #1144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vahss_11 View Post
same noise is what I hear from my manza, also it seems to be coming even at a small potholes.

+1 to this.
This khaach sounds comes from my manza today.
I got a feeling this is a design defect.
Anyone has got any solution for this?

Also yesterday while it was raining heavily a thick mist covered the windshield and inspite of cleaning with cloth and newspaper it wasn't going. This has happened before also when it rains.
Any solution for this?
Old 4th September 2010, 14:05   #1145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
+This khaach sounds comes from my manza today. I got a feeling this is a design defect. Anyone has got any solution for this?
Also yesterday while it was raining heavily a thick mist covered the windshield and inspite of cleaning with cloth and newspaper it wasn't going. This has happened before also when it rains.
Any solution for this?
Quite a few Manzas with suspension sounds !

Maybe all the Bhpians (in their respective cities) could meet together in their Manzas on a preplanned date, and inundate any one good / responsive ASC at the same instant of time with their squeaking vehicles, just so that the service centre is forced to go up the wall and beg for direct expert technical inputs from Tata's top technical team

@Harry, for the rain mist on the outside, maybe Rain X / rain repellent should help ?
Old 6th September 2010, 11:12   #1146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I simply do NOT agree with a 20,000 kms oil change interval. Heck, I firmly state that even the 15,000 kms intervals recommended by most Euro manufacturers are NOT applicable to our driving conditions.
Thanks for reiterating, GTO. Am planning oil change at 10K for my Manza. Will go for Mobil1.

Quote:
And i still get that loud sound when i hit a speed breaker at slightly higher speeds. Not sure what i need to do about this.

noise over breakers is not a bug, it is a Tata feature . Checkout Indigo e-CS review on the forum. That said, I do hear some noise occasionally. Not frequent enough though.

Tires are ok, I think. Roads are way too bad to judge. (Almost) Nothing comes through to cabin on decent roads. People who ride with me occasionally have commented favoraly on cabin noise. As with most cars,stock tires are not the best possible and early upgrade is on the cards for me (against my regular 35K interval for my WagonR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishparekh View Post
yes, there is an extended "khachch" sound when the front as well as rear tyres go over the bump - even when the car is slow. I also get a bus-like screeching sound when applying the breaks in this rainy season. are these common observations ?
Brakes have no sound in my case.

Quote:
+1 to this.

Any solution for this?

Since you are in Faridabad, let's get Mohit (Tata technical guy for our region) to come and look at both cars in detail in one shot. Will PM you my number.
Old 7th September 2010, 09:59   #1147

[quote=5kmiles;2057405]Thanks for reiterating, GTO. Am planning oil change at 10K for my Manza. Will go for Mobil1.

Had taken GTO's suggestions and called up Concorde for this. They seems reluctant to do the oil change at 10K. Planning to get the oil changed anyway at 10K.

noise over breakers is not a bug, it is a Tata feature . Checkout Indigo e-CS review on the forum. That said, I do hear some noise occasionally. Not frequent enough though.

Same here. BTW, do you guys also hear some noise when u either enter or exit the car : the suspension squeaks often!!

Tires are ok, I think. Roads are way too bad to judge. (Almost) Nothing comes through to cabin on decent roads. People who ride with me occasionally have commented favoraly on cabin noise. As with most cars,stock tires are not the best possible and early upgrade is on the cards for me (against my regular 35K interval for my WagonR)

Brakes have no sound in my case.

Surprisingly, I haven't heard any brake/tire noise. But I do hear loud wind/tire noise when rolling at above 80kmph. Do you guys also hear this??
Old 7th September 2010, 10:50   #1148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barret.50 View Post

Surprisingly, I haven't heard any brake/tire noise. But I do hear loud wind/tire noise when rolling at above 80kmph. Do you guys also hear this??
I switched off stereo this morning to feel the noise. Almost nothing till 100, road noise getting in beyond that and starts to get loud at 120+. Tyre pressure at around 32psi.

Again, upgrade to Michelin XM1 (based on Tbhp forums) should resolve tyre noise and improve comfort. Am fine living with this for now till around 20K kms.
Old 7th September 2010, 11:18   #1149

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kmiles View Post
I switched off stereo this morning to feel the noise. Almost nothing till 100, road noise getting in beyond that and starts to get loud at 120+. Tyre pressure at around 32psi.

Again, upgrade to Michelin XM1 (based on Tbhp forums) should resolve tyre noise and improve comfort. Am fine living with this for now till around 20K kms.

Yes, the road noise gets louder after you cross the 80-90 limit @ 32psi. Once I revved up to 135 and was not able to hear anything other than the road noise (not even the horns). Hope the tire upgrade solves this.

Quote:
Any solution for this?
@harry10 : Had the same problems a couple of weeks back when it rained hard at Chennai. The front windshield fogged up too much when the temperature difference between the interior of the car and the outside is high. The defogger helped though.

Quote:
@Harry, for the rain mist on the outside, maybe Rain X / rain repellent should help ?
@mooza: And am not sure about the rain repellent and how it can avoid fogging: it just helps in bouncing the droplets off the windshield. Any experiences??
Old 8th September 2010, 21:46   #1150
BHPian

Quote:
Yes and off late i have started hearing a scratching sound when the car goes on a hump too. And i still get that loud sound when i hit a speed breaker at slightly higher speeds.

SHouldn't there be a sound when you hit a pot hole at speeds above 35. I mean what are we driving a car right? I am assuming that you guys have something that is much above the normal thud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishparekh View Post
Have had no issue with speed breakers so far.I mean i am in Bangalore and have Speed breakers for roads, they are everywhere but no sound in my car. At least not an unusual sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by vahss_11 View Post

Quote:
+1 to this.

Any solution for this?

Thick Mist on the outside happens because the temp is hotter on the outside than the cabin, and the vice versa happens when you see mist on the inside. Switch on the blower with air flow from outside turned on, if the mist is on the inside turn on the AC. This worked for my Zen, Dzire and now even the Manza.

[/quote]

@Harry, for the rain mist on the outside, maybe Rain X / rain repellent should help ?[/quote]

Rain X repellent is for bouncing droplets away from the glass how it prevents mist is beyond the realms of my imagination. And honestly it doesnt even bounce water droplets it is a waste of time. A Maruti Service guy reco'd this way back when Zen was my baby,was my worst investment ever. Please not Rain X.Just use the blower.

Last edited by kingpin1 : 8th September 2010 at 21:49.
Old 8th September 2010, 22:59   #1151
BHPian

[quote=kingpin1;2062250]Rain X repellent is for bouncing droplets away from the glass how it prevents mist is beyond the realms of my imagination.../quote]
I use the one by Turtle - ClearVue or some similar name - and it does repel some water. Maybe that's how much it is supposed to do
Old 10th September 2010, 07:55   #1152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajanjohn View Post
Hi,

Two weeks back I have taken the delivery of my Manza QJ Aura from K.H.T Motors, Bangalore. They had only red soul brand in their accessory stock. My car color is silver and red soul sensors are black in color. Finally I went to JC road and got it fitted. Brand is Sai. A delhi based company product. Got the silver color sensor. The cost is 2500Rs. I have opted for the LED model because I didn't want to exchange the company fitter rear view mirror(got night mode as well and very useful during night drive). After careful observation of various brands like red soul and circuit-i I have figured the central console of the reverse sensor for all the brands are imported from the same vendor in China/Taiwan. Just the sensor and LED/LCD display is different for brands.

First post in the team-bhp site.
Hi Sajanjohn,
Is there any requirement to use the Audio system wiring while installing the reverse parking camera/ sensors with the display in the IRVM? Could you please throw some light how your sensors were fitted? It would be of great help.

r
Old 18th September 2010, 15:52   #1153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin1 View Post
SHouldn't there be a sound when you hit a pot hole at speeds above 35. I mean what are we driving a car right? I am assuming that you guys have something that is much above the normal thud!
Kingpin, i have not observed the speed but i am positive that i am nowhere near the 35 kmph mark when near a speed breaker. a 10 kmph is the max i can imagine. Yeah i love my car and would not do anything like this deliberately

And the windshield tip was invaluable because regardless of the temperature outside, i was switching on the AC inside only to realize that the inside of the windshield was covered with mist sometimes. So thanks. ! .

Because of my work schedules, i was unable to get the car serviced, so sometime next week should be a good time so will keep you all posted about the suspension noise.

@t-bhp members:
Also do you know if you can get the car serviced at authorized service stations even for free services? Although i am not in favor of this, but just want to check if this is even an option. Any good service stations near HRBR layout?

Thanks Guys !!

Last edited by Viper21 : 18th September 2010 at 15:54.
Old 21st September 2010, 10:46   #1154
BHPian

Quote:
Kingpin, i have not observed the speed but i am positive that i am nowhere near the 35 kmph mark when near a speed breaker. a 10 kmph is the max i can imagine. Yeah i love my car and would not do anything like this deliberately

And the windshield tip was invaluable because regardless of the temperature outside, i was switching on the AC inside only to realize that the inside of the windshield was covered with mist sometimes. So thanks. ! .

Because of my work schedules, i was unable to get the car serviced, so sometime next week should be a good time so will keep you all posted about the suspension noise.

@t-bhp members:
Also do you know if you can get the car serviced at authorized service stations even for free services? Although i am not in favor of this, but just want to check if this is even an option. Any good service stations near HRBR layout?

Thanks Guys !!
Authorized service only! WHy do you want to take the car to some unknown guy? Preferably Concorde Motors or KHT if you are in Bangalore.
Old 21st September 2010, 12:40   #1155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin1 View Post
Authorized service only! WHy do you want to take the car to some unknown guy? Preferably Concorde Motors or KHT if you are in Bangalore.
In the Owners manual towards the end of the book, you can find many service centre's addresses and ph nos in addition to those like Concorde, Prerana. But KHT motors do not find place in the book.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks