Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2010, 11:17   #1126
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper21 View Post
Do you guys have the same experience or is your PS smooth throughout your drive ?
I have no problems so far with my power steering so far. It has gone for the 10000kms service.
Old 3rd August 2010, 11:42   #1127
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Awesome and detailed review GTO!
Thanks Ram

Quote:
Are there such things as aftermarket dead pedals?
There are, but personally I'm not comfortable with them. I'd rather have OEM engineers design the ergonomics than an after-market pappu. Also, factory fit is factory fit.

Quote:
And this is the 1st gen Manza.
Still the 2nd generation Indigo!
Old 3rd August 2010, 21:59   #1128
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone,
I have a question for all the Manza owners.
The power steering on my car is smooth when i start the car and remains that way for about 5 mins or so. Then it turns a little hard and during the course of time, it becomes even hard. Say i wait at a signal and keep the engine on, the RPM goes down a bit and then the PS becomes a little hard. At any point if i turn off and turn the car on again, the PS is smooth again for some time. My PS fluid level is fine. I am not saying that it is very hard (before the engine is turned on)

Do you guys have the same experience or is your PS smooth throughout your drive ? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks !!
Nope! No problem with the PS what so ever. 13,600 km on the ODO.
Old 6th August 2010, 01:12   #1129
BHPian

Ok thanks guys, I think its time for the second service and to get the PS checked.
Old 8th August 2010, 19:23   #1130
Senior - BHPian

GTO i want an honest opinion about the clutch from you. hard clutches and bad seating positions for people having ortho related problems like me, have been a sore point to drive cars. the swift is what I enjoyed driving most for last 3 years. while i would not say its clutch was butter smooth, i always used to work on the toque to keep gear changes minimal. the turbo lag used to cause a huge humming sound, but thats expected.

how does the manza fare for 90bhp and VGT similarly? can you be detailed and precise on what i would miss if i go for manza over dzire considring my past 3 years ownership of swift? i know what i ll get in return - bluetooth, 90bhp, vgt, and space if not anything more. hows the driveability of dzire vis-a-vis swift dzire? you know what i am asking by now
Old 8th August 2010, 19:42   #1131
Senior - BHPian

Geek, IF you are shopping a Sedan, think only Honda or Toyota, Manza and others come next.

Although I dont have much driving experience I know I am right in this view. I buy cars for comfort not driving pleasure , you should buy one for both. So answer is Honda or Toyota.

Ravi.
Old 8th August 2010, 20:35   #1132
Senior - BHPian

i already have a honda which isnt going anywhere
Old 9th August 2010, 06:37   #1133
BHPian

Tata : Please Listen

You have a great car in place in the form of Manza; but do not make it go the indica (Taxi) way. Please take note of the following -

Your Manza while being great on space and VFM quotient, has niggling issues like:
(i) Power windows not going up at times - The car is less than one month old.
(ii) Boot light not working after 1500km!
(iii) If one opens the boot one can see light from the cabin space- the air conditioner might not be work at its best with such "leaks"
(iv) When you switch on / switch off the engine - comes the unmistakable feeling (read vibration) of a diesel. Such is not the case with the more refined Swift D and incidentally both share the same engine!
(v) Shut lines can improve; so also the huge gaps in the steering wheel.

And I hope all this is not just like flogging a dead horse
Old 23rd August 2010, 13:02   #1134
BHPian

Quote:
Akhil, Thanks for your response. But if the problem reoccurred,shouldn't we be asking TATA/Concorde for a permanent solution? My friend's Swift also makes a Dhud sound when he goes over speed breakers at over 30Kmph or so.

Manza owners, are you guys facing the same shocks problem that i and Akhil are having? If ours is a one off case then we should be asking them to fix it immediately
@Akhil/@Viper21

I have Manza Aura+ with 5K on ODO. Do get a moderate suspension crashing sound from front end - the kind you will get in older Indicas running as cabs. Very irritating. This crashing is being highlighted as problem in Indigo e-CS and is a Tata malaise. Have you guys approached someone for resolution? If it is design fault, we are probably stuck.

Have called up Tata Motors about other problems on my Manza (will post separately). Will get the problems in second service and hope to get some resolution. Will keep posted if something changes.
Old 27th August 2010, 23:01   #1135
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : One-liners that add ZERO value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP. In fact, they are considered as SPAM. Please do not hit the post submit button unless you have something of value to add to the thread.

We advise you to visit our board rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 30th August 2010 at 08:59.
rki2007 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th August 2010, 10:24   #1136
BHPian

Engine Oil change for Manza

Hi all,
In the last servicing for my Manza QJT (10K Kms servicing) i had asked TATA guys to change the engine oil, but i was suggested not to do so as i have to change the engine oil compulsorily at 20K and as per TATA people it will void warranty if oil is not changed at 20K.
But now i feel it is better to change oil as i have started seeing white smoke when i do sudden acceleration.
Experts pl suggest is it better to change oil now and is it true that if Company recommend oil change at 20 K and i change at 15K do i need to change oil at 20 K again?
Old 29th August 2010, 08:59   #1137
BHPian

I am very happy to say that i have booked Manza Qjet Aura+ with concorde, diary circle, Bangalore. But the sales guy is saying that i will have to process the loan and get the approval and keep the PDC pending till i inspect the car. Is that alright or do i have to do things in any other way. People in this forum please pour in your comments.

Thanks in advance
Old 29th August 2010, 10:14   #1138
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I have a grievance in the Manza Power Steering, Front RHS suspension & rear suspension.
Steering is smooth, no problem at all! But when the wheels are turned either full right or left, one can listen a strange whitling noise of the power steering fluid gushing through, which is as per TATA is normal. THIS is ABNORMAL & I guess TATA will work on it to improve.
Secondly, when wheels are either fully turned right or left, vehicle moved forward or reverse, I hear a loud metallic noise from front RHS bonnet -"Khuttuck". TATA confirmed that they will rectify it.
Rear suspension- with cars fully loaded(4passenger+driver), & the loading the spacious boot(Say 20kg x 4=80kg,+10kgx4=40kg;total120kg). With normal Indian adult(average weight of 65kg), the rear part of the vehicle just sinks and the rear wheel encroaches in to the wheel arch by 50-100mm. This again a point to note & area of improvement.
I think when experts drive these cars, these aspects are not considered.
Old 30th August 2010, 09:03   #1139
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil@Bengaluru View Post
In the last servicing for my Manza QJT (10K Kms servicing) i had asked TATA guys to change the engine oil, but i was suggested not to do so as i have to change the engine oil compulsorily at 20K and as per TATA people it will void warranty if oil is not changed at 20K.
I simply do NOT agree with a 20,000 kms oil change interval. Heck, I firmly state that even the 15,000 kms intervals recommended by most Euro manufacturers are NOT applicable to our driving conditions.

Even if the oil is of really good quality, I wouldn't go over 7,500 kms on the same lube. Our driving conditions are too high on abuse & dust for that. Akhil, I recommend you get the oil + filter changed at your cost. No, it wont void the warranty either.
Old 2nd September 2010, 20:03   #1140
BHPian

Recently went to Kerala and was driving my dad's Manza .Noticed that on both the headlights (inside), there is water formed like mist. It was raining in kerala last week and driven the car for almost 500KM. I am having a Ford Flair in Bangalore for the past 5 years and never seen like this.

Planning to take it for service when it completes 5000KM. Is this a manufacturing defect?. Can I ask for replacement of both headlights or will they repair it? I need to inform my father as he will be taking the car for service.

Regards,
Gopi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks