Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2010, 13:55   #1081
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

It is always a pleasure to be of some help. Good effciency figures!

Good. The sad part of our highways is that there is hardly any section where we can cruise at a steady speed for more than a couple of kilometres.
I wouldn't fully agree with this. For example, the 650 KM stretch between Bangalore to Kanyakumari or the 350 KM stretch between Bangalore and Chennai are just amazing to drive. I think it is similar from Chennai to Kanniyakumari too.. I get excellent mileage figures on my Baleno whenever I drive on these roads. (15 to 16 KMPL)
Old 12th July 2010, 12:45   #1082
Senior - BHPian

TD'd the Manza on Saturday at Concorde Motors (Dairy Circle, Bangalore). I went there to TD the Manza Petrol, but it was in the service centre, or so they said. So took the diesel out with my wife sitting at the back to check out the ride quality. I didn't drive initially (horrible traffic and rain) because the car will mostly be chauffeur driven with us driving (very infrequently).

Impressions on the ride quality: The old Indigo (owned by my Dad) was good. This one is just superlative! The sales advisor who was driving was keen to show off the power of the diesel, and kept flooring it so that we flew over a few speed breakers and potholes. No sweat! Didn't even get thrown around! She glides (to quote another)!

Interiors: The fabric quality on this model (Aura+) was pretty good. Lower back support was enough front and rear, and cushioning was firm but not hard. Spot on, I'd say. The look of certain things like the steering and dashboard has improved, but we noticed that the power-window panel was looking shiny and cheap and hard, and also mis-aligned with the rest of the door panel. As if it was a after market fit, and not a very good one at that. Power window switches themselves felt okay.

When closing the doors, the thunk was missing, though the doors closed better than the older Indigo. It still jumps out though and needs a good shove (with sustained pressure) to close, and there is the peculiar (very Tata) sound when the door closes. Maruti and Tata should patent those (the tinny clank & the other indescribable) sounds. Can recognise them without looking.

As has been mentioned many times, there is space! I mean, there is space and there is Manza Space! Nuf said.

Can't comment on the AC (Bangalore, drizzling, cloudy). One thing I did find was that the engine was quite noisy at anything over 2k rpm. This was the TD vehicle (stickers and all) with 8+kms on the Odo, and I'm not sure when she was last serviced. Is this true for all Manza diesels?

Anyway, IMHO at 6.21 OTR Bangalore, Manza Safire90 Aura ticks a lot of the boxes most people would be interested in.
Old 12th July 2010, 21:19   #1083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
One thing I did find was that the engine was quite noisy at anything over 2k rpm. This was the TD vehicle (stickers and all) with 8+kms on the Odo, and I'm not sure when she was last serviced. Is this true for all Manza diesels?

Anyway, IMHO at 6.21 OTR Bangalore, Manza Safire90 Aura ticks a lot of the boxes most people would be interested in.
The Manza I test drove had very good sound insulation. However, the 2K rpm thing you mention, is actually quite prevalent for the Fiat 1.3MJD. It does get "throatier" as it goes up the rev range.
Old 12th July 2010, 21:38   #1084
BHPian

Booked a Manza , quardajet aura abs red colour. at thane for 7.4l onroad.

liked the awesome amount of space it offers.
Old 12th July 2010, 21:43   #1085
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vahss_11 View Post
Booked a Manza , quardajet aura abs red colour. at thane for 7.4l onroad.

liked the awesome amount of space it offers.
Congratulations, it's a great car. Do share the test-drive or the buying decision with us when you get the time. Specially what were the cars you considered before eventually deciding on the Manza.
Old 12th July 2010, 22:24   #1086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Congratulations, it's a great car. Do share the test-drive or the buying decision with us when you get the time. Specially what were the cars you considered before eventually deciding on the Manza.
Thanks,

I was confused between Vento , City, Cedia , optra , and manza, but eventually the space in manza made me go for it.

its shocking to see that Tata's are able to provide so much space in all cars that they make.

Even after using Tata Indica (V2 2003) and knowing the endless list of problems that a TATA car's have, I took Manza again for the same reason I took Indica, S-P-A-C-E !!.
Old 13th July 2010, 07:36   #1087
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vahss_11 View Post
I took Manza again for the same reason I took Indica, S-P-A-C-E !!.
This is great to know !

Just one query. My dad does the occasional short haul with a total of 6 people (including himself driving). Has anybody done this with their Manza ? How does the car pull under such a scenario ?

Otherwise he may look at the Innova.
Old 13th July 2010, 12:46   #1088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
Just one query. My dad does the occasional short haul with a total of 6 people (including himself driving). Has anybody done this with their Manza ? How does the car pull under such a scenario ?
Total of 6 may be a bit of a squeeze. I've done a short trip with 6 people (incl. the driver) once , and the issue was more of seating comfort rather than power - The Manza can certainly handle 6 persons even on hilly roads.
Old 13th July 2010, 21:25   #1089
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, Kala for the reply. You have saved the trouble for my father, who would have tried to do a TD on the Manza with 6 guys .

Since this is doable, maybe I can convince him to seriously look at the Manza, and save Rs. 4 lakhs in the process.
Old 14th July 2010, 14:42   #1090
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
maybe I can convince him to seriously look at the Manza, and save Rs. 4 lakhs in the process.
You sure could, but only if you believe that a human life is worth less than 4 lakh rupees. Remember, the Manza is built for a maximum of 5 occupants. Squeezing a 6th in is VERY dangerous, not only for the 6th, but for the existing 5 as well.

Please give you Dad some solid advice and ask him to buy an Innova instead.
Old 14th July 2010, 19:49   #1091
Senior - BHPian

@GTO, thanks for the advice. Since this was for short hauls, I was feeling that 6 people would be manageable, with some sedate driving. Will have to rethink, I guess.
Old 14th July 2010, 21:26   #1092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You sure could, but only if you believe that a human life is worth less than 4 lakh rupees. Remember, the Manza is built for a maximum of 5 occupants. Squeezing a 6th in is VERY dangerous, not only for the 6th, but for the existing 5 as well.

Please give you Dad some solid advice and ask him to buy an Innova instead.
Very thoughtful advice.
Quote:
@GTO, thanks for the advice. Since this was for short hauls, I was feeling that 6 people would be manageable, with some sedate driving. Will have to rethink, I guess.
Actually it depends on the kind of roads you'll take, the average speeds on that road for those occasional runs (average speed of not only your car but the others plying on the road). This is due to the fact that accidents are not always in one's own hands, someone else might be completely at fault.

That along with the fact that you'll have to ensure that all six will have to wear seatbelts while traveling in the Innova. As there is hardly any point of buying the Innova and then not really utilizing the enhanced safety.

While GTO's advice is on the money, these are two things you need to consider.

I guess what is more important is the question, how often do you think 6 people will be in the car?
Old 16th July 2010, 07:28   #1093
BHPian

IF there were/still are buyers for Omni i don't see a problem with 6 people in an Manza.

That apart if you are doing trips with 6 people in the car majority of the time i think you should go for an SUV. If it is once in every decade i dont see a problem in going for the Manza or any other Sedan that fits your bill and has the space.

Here is a thought. Do, like my colleague he wanted a Sedan and his wife wanted a Hatch.With a lot of reluctance from his wife shortlisted (Manza/Verna/Sx4) he TD'd my Manza and a common friends Sx4.Picked the Manza over the SX4, and went to Concorde for a booking was bowled over by the Nano and has now booked 2 Nanos. Cost saving 4+ lakhs on road + Wife is super impressed BEAT THAT! Funny story.

Quote:
Old 16th July 2010, 09:29   #1094
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, Kala for the reply. You have saved the trouble for my father, who would have tried to do a TD on the Manza with 6 guys .

Since this is doable, maybe I can convince him to seriously look at the Manza, and save Rs. 4 lakhs in the process.
Hang on for sometime. The Aria should be launched soon and it does look very promising. (If you are looking at the Innova that is)
Old 16th July 2010, 12:43   #1095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin1 View Post
That apart if you are doing trips with 6 people in the car majority of the time i think you should go for an SUV. If it is once in every decade i dont see a problem in going for the Manza
It would be a couple of times a month, when he drives 10 kms for meetings.

Sorry for the OT, but, ultimately, as Fiat Tarun says, I'll ask my Dad to wait for the Manza's Big Brother (ARIA) to get launched from the same stable, before deciding. Many thanks to all for the feedbacks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks