Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2010, 11:01   #1006
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Are you sure? seems like I've been had, pal. This Hemant Motors chap in Patiala charged me 5K extra for the porcelain white Aura QJD. I have a receipt too. Porcelain white appears to be a non metallic colour so why the extra 5K? beats me! Anyone else has similar woes to share?
Windiesel, it is for Dew White the TATA is charging extra 5K and not for the Porcelain White, mine is a Dew White Aura ABS and we paid 5K extra for the same. You need to check with your showroom guys on the extra charges.
Old 3rd April 2010, 12:58   #1007
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

That extra amount is for the pearlescent finish that the car has.

That is the only white which appears to be available here. At least that is the only colour with the dealers.
Old 3rd April 2010, 19:41   #1008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Windiesel, it is for Dew White the TATA is charging extra 5K and not for the Porcelain White, mine is a Dew White Aura ABS and we paid 5K extra for the same. You need to check with your showroom guys on the extra charges.
Thanks man, lemme shoot out a stinker to the dealer.
Old 4th April 2010, 22:20   #1009

For DP White, it seems there is an extra 3rd coat of paint according to the Fortune Sales guy in Nerul, Navi Mumbai.
Old 5th April 2010, 16:03   #1010
BHPian

Almost 6 months after the introduction of the Manza, I finally managed to 'touch and feel' one at Concorde Dairy Circle last week. A family Indica that needed servicing was the catalyst to go to Concorde.

First Impressions:
- Its Big!
- Black Sapphire Aura on display
- Exterior finish is superlative - body panels, paint quality - the works
- Interior - screams SPACE. with the front seat adjusted to my driving (am short at 5'6''), there's an acre of space in the back.
- Interior Finish - while leagues ahead of the old Indica/Indigo family still has someway to go. I could also have been prejudiced by the fact that I had just driven a relative's Jazz whose interior finish is first rate
- Lots and lots of misaligned plastics. Glovebox, power window switches, B pillar covering etc. I cant imagine why someone would have a demo car with misaligned / broken parts?

Showroom- was attended to promptly by a salesperson who knew what he was talking about. gave a good comparo with the Dzire - its main competition as well. Most important - he wasn't trying desperately to sell the car. He in fact suggested - please take a look at all cars in this segment / price range and then come back when you are satisfied.

Test Drive - unfortunately, didn't have the time to wait for the Diesel which was out. No interest in TDing the petrol.

Summary - A good car, let down somewhat by relatively poor finish
Old 5th April 2010, 16:54   #1011
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalini_g View Post
Last week my parents bought Manza Aura ABS diesel. Exchanged the old Zen and the deal was done through RF motors. Insurance was taken through RF motors. The quote was initially at 21K and later reduced to 17.5K. No accessories right now. Will post pictures once I reach Kerala next week.

Gopi.
Guess trrk got it from RF too.

I was driven around for the first time in his car. The car looks better built than the first piece that came to showroom at Trivandrum. Ride quality is great ( I drive a Safari ).

The color for the radio/cd LCD is funny; they should have provided some other color. Its a pain to read stuff from it at a glance. I was also surprised at the Menu n options on the radio !
Old 6th April 2010, 19:46   #1012
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

I was driven around for the first time in his car. The car looks better built than the first piece that came to showroom at Trivandrum. Ride quality is great ( I drive a Safari ).

The color for the radio/cd LCD is funny; they should have provided some other color. Its a pain to read stuff from it at a glance. I was also surprised at the Menu n options on the radio !
Nope, Concorde. RF did not have Monarch Red for ready delivery.

Just before paying advance, we did try out a Safari!

My wife and daughter are the audiophiles and their stuff is all on CDs.

In the City, putting the CD would switch on the system, not so in Manza, at least I haven't found if it is only like that!
Old 7th April 2010, 15:04   #1013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

I agree. Amongst other things that Tata can improve in the Manza, the audio display does need attention. While playing the CD, the file name (movie name) comes in small indiscernible letters hard to make out, while the track name is displayed in larger font. Anyone knows how this display setting can be chaged ?
Old 7th April 2010, 23:05   #1014
BHPian

First highway trip & Second Free service completed

Had been to long weekend trip to Kerala (Near Palakkad) around 950Kms up and down.

From bangalore to Coimbotore went at an avg speed of around 120kmph (touched 160 kmph for a second just to check)

Avg FE around 19.0 kmpl.

On highway Manza really acted very decent. Neat road control and stability and really enjoyed driving Manza all through the trip.

After the long trip on Tuesday got the second free servicing done at 5100 Kms on ODO at KHT Motors Whitefield.

Had asked the Service adviser to check on the shock absorber as i was told earlier that one noise coming out of left side will be rectified during second servicing.

Now after servicing i feel the shock absorber has become too soft.(bounces a lot in most of the potholes in road)

Can service center guys actually change stiffness of shock absorber or is it just i am feeling like that? someone please help.
Old 8th April 2010, 05:07   #1015
BHPian

I've been experiencing my first major niggle after the second service at 5000 km. At speeds above 50 kmph, the accelerator just cuts out for a few seconds. There is no response from the engine at all when I keep pressing the accelerator pedal. This is occurring at random and not each time the car crosses 50 kmph.
Old 8th April 2010, 14:46   #1016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd5kvn View Post
I've been experiencing my first major niggle after the second service at 5000 km. At speeds above 50 kmph, the accelerator just cuts out for a few seconds. There is no response from the engine at all when I keep pressing the accelerator pedal. This is occurring at random and not each time the car crosses 50 kmph.
I am experiencing another problem with the accelerator - once the car is in motion, even if i release the accelerator fully, the car keeps moving as if the accelerator is still pressed ! Anyone else have similar experience ?
Old 14th April 2010, 12:10   #1017
BHPian

If you go to the first page of this post, under the What you won't like coloumn, our man GTO says at No.1. Tata has to prove it's ability to produce niggle free cars. Well, as a owner having driven one for 2000 kms and having seen another one (a colleague's) closely for last two months, I very reluctantly say, that NO, TATA CANNOT PRODUCE NIGGLE FREE CARS PERIOD.
The niggles in my car are:
1. The odometer figures are not evenly lighted
2. the indicator stalk does not function at the intermediate position

The niggle in friend's manza is
1. The front left power window has packed up a couple of days ago.

Since this friend of mine bought the Manza on my recommendation, I am feeling bad about it and going to the workshop with him on Saturday.
Old 14th April 2010, 17:34   #1018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
If you go to the first page of this post, under the What you won't like coloumn, our man GTO says at No.1. Tata has to prove it's ability to produce niggle free cars. Well, as a owner having driven one for 2000 kms and having seen another one (a colleague's) closely for last two months, I very reluctantly say, that NO, TATA CANNOT PRODUCE NIGGLE FREE CARS PERIOD.
The niggles in my car are:
1. The odometer figures are not evenly lighted
2. the indicator stalk does not function at the intermediate position

The niggle in friend's manza is
1. The front left power window has packed up a couple of days ago.

Since this friend of mine bought the Manza on my recommendation, I am feeling bad about it and going to the workshop with him on Saturday.
. I have driven my manza for about 3600km now and it's been treating me well so far. Still faced these niggles.

1. Warning Buzzer for Driver Door Open with Key/Headlamp/Taillamp ON does not work from day one. Workshop does not have a replacement in stock.
2. Right turn indicator stalk does kat kat kat when turn indicator signal is on and I am turning the car (need to get checked in next service).
3. Plastic & rubber part quality is very poor, in less that 3 months, rubber pads on clutch and brake pedals are gone. I didn't change my shoes and it did not happen in my last Santro in 50k+ kms.

Apart for these I am also facing a few design issues which I think are common in all cars:

1. Right side view mirror will always show you about 25% of your car. Can't be turned out any further.
2. Highbeam headlights are not far enough for highway drives. (I keep the motorised headlamp settings at 0)
Old 15th April 2010, 12:43   #1019
Senior - BHPian

visited Concorde Dairy circle last weekend to have a look at Manza. it was seriously spacious, felt like poor mans LIMO

SP was knowledgeable. explained me all the features. very good VFM car.

Interior feel is cheap though! After checking out linea and Punto, i just opened and closed the Vista/Manza doors and they closed with PICHIK instead of THUD. i was spoilt by thier THUD by then!

next i check out Manza from outside, Man i cant withstand its design but better than Dzire though (at rear). overall Spacious VFM car with "not so good" exterior
Old 15th April 2010, 19:05   #1020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
Apart for these I am also facing a few design issues which I think are common in all cars:
1. Right side view mirror will always show you about 25% of your car. Can't be turned out any further.
2. Highbeam headlights are not far enough for highway drives. (I keep the motorised headlamp settings at 0)

These two are exactly the same points which I had also highlighted in one of the Manza related threads. In fact the Right ORVM is so lousily designed that I find my 10 year Indica's ORVMs much better. Maybe because it was designed by an Italian firm and the Manza seems to be an Indian effort with no eye on the details. Maybe our man Ratan is concentrating more on the fiery Nano!!

For the head lights I also feel likewise. Maybe you can go for 90/100 W German bulbs with separate relays for both.
Cheers!

Last edited by windiesel : 15th April 2010 at 19:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks