Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2010, 12:30   #976
BHPian

We can see people jumping across from higher and lower segments to the Manza. Though i expected that people will be choosing Manza for it's features, never really thought that the Tata Brand will end up at around 50%.
It will really help if Tata will release separate figures for Manza.

EDIT:

The joy of seeing your posts immediately after posting and not having to wait for the moderators to approve.

Last edited by aman9393 : 12th March 2010 at 12:34.
Old 13th March 2010, 14:51   #977
BHPian

Reverse Sensor Query

Hi Guys,
I have a query regarding reverse sensors for the Manza. My uncle's contemplating a Manza Saffire Aura ABS and the Wasan Motors in Mumbai says that TATA's not yet offering reverse sensors as an option and that they aren't fitting it yet either. I need to know the experience of other T-BHPians with the procurement, fitting and performance of reverse sensors on the Manza. Who offers this, any preferred brand, cost, colour of sensors on rear bumper, fittment issues if any .. etc ..
Thanks in advance guys.
Old 13th March 2010, 15:08   #978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvhed View Post
Hi Guys,
I have a query regarding reverse sensors for the Manza. My uncle's contemplating a Manza Saffire Aura ABS and the Wasan Motors in Mumbai says that TATA's not yet offering reverse sensors as an option and that they aren't fitting it yet either. I need to know the experience of other T-BHPians with the procurement, fitting and performance of reverse sensors on the Manza. Who offers this, any preferred brand, cost, colour of sensors on rear bumper, fittment issues if any .. etc ..
Thanks in advance guys.
Revvhed, Yes TML is not offering reverse sensors as an option also.
I got my car from concorde Bangalore, here they had one accessory wala in showroom who fitted the Reverse parking sensor. I got it for 4.5K,Not a reputed brand.
Got black colour sensors and no issues for past 3500 kms. The display gets fixed on top of existing Rear view mirror.
Old 13th March 2010, 15:50   #979
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil@Bengaluru View Post
Revvhed, Yes TML is not offering reverse sensors as an option also.
I got my car from concorde Bangalore, here they had one accessory wala in showroom who fitted the Reverse parking sensor. I got it for 4.5K,Not a reputed brand.
Got black colour sensors and no issues for past 3500 kms. The display gets fixed on top of existing Rear view mirror.
I did get camera sensors for 6.5k early Jan from Autofin showroom.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1780872-post138.html

Vijay
Old 13th March 2010, 17:50   #980
BHPian

Reverse sensor for Manza

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvhed View Post
Hi Guys,
Thanks in advance guys.
Hi,

Two weeks back I have taken the delivery of my Manza QJ Aura from K.H.T Motors, Bangalore. They had only red soul brand in their accessory stock. My car color is silver and red soul sensors are black in color. Finally I went to JC road and got it fitted. Brand is Sai. A delhi based company product. Got the silver color sensor. The cost is 2500Rs. I have opted for the LED model because I didn't want to exchange the company fitter rear view mirror(got night mode as well and very useful during night drive). After careful observation of various brands like red soul and circuit-i I have figured the central console of the reverse sensor for all the brands are imported from the same vendor in China/Taiwan. Just the sensor and LED/LCD display is different for brands.

First post in the team-bhp site.
Old 13th March 2010, 21:39   #981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajanjohn View Post
Hi,

Two weeks back I have taken the delivery of my Manza QJ Aura from K.H.T Motors, Bangalore. They had only red soul brand in their accessory stock. My car color is silver and red soul sensors are black in color. Finally I went to JC road and got it fitted. Brand is Sai. A delhi based company product. Got the silver color sensor. The cost is 2500Rs. I have opted for the LED model because I didn't want to exchange the company fitter rear view mirror(got night mode as well and very useful during night drive). After careful observation of various brands like red soul and circuit-i I have figured the central console of the reverse sensor for all the brands are imported from the same vendor in China/Taiwan. Just the sensor and LED/LCD display is different for brands.

First post in the team-bhp site.
Congrats on the New Manza... and welcome to team BHP and Manza Family.
How was your experiance at KHT? i felt those people were courteous.
Share your buying experience and photos.
Old 14th March 2010, 13:11   #982
BHPian

Last week my parents bought Manza Aura ABS diesel. Exchanged the old Zen and the deal was done through RF motors. Insurance was taken through RF motors. The quote was initially at 21K and later reduced to 17.5K. No accessories right now. Will post pictures once I reach Kerala next week.

Gopi.
Old 14th March 2010, 13:25   #983
BHPian

Congrats shalini_g and sajanjohn!
Do post pictures of your Manza.
Welcome to the Team-BHP family sajanjohn.

Last edited by aman9393 : 14th March 2010 at 13:27.
Old 15th March 2010, 10:49   #984
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman9393 View Post
We can see people jumping across from higher and lower segments to the Manza.
If I needed a car that would be exclusively chauffeur-driven, and even if my budget was 10 - 12 lakhs, I'd consider the Manza. There is simply no other sedan this side of the Hyundai Sonata that can match the Manza on back seat chauffeur-driven comfort. Not even the Civic, Altis or Laura.

Of course, another one of my top most priorities would be durability; Tata needs to prove to me that they've gotten rid of the niggles before I cut their dealer a cheque.
Old 15th March 2010, 13:29   #985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If I needed a car that would be exclusively chauffeur-driven, and even if my budget was 10 - 12 lakhs, I'd consider the Manza. There is simply no other sedan this side of the Hyundai Sonata that can match the Manza on back seat chauffeur-driven comfort. Not even the Civic, Altis or Laura.
+1 to that. TBHPian Sunil Albal had the same to say about the Altis. This coming from the owner of both these cars is a lot...

Quoting his post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil Albal View Post
What you notice as soon as you step inside is the space inside the vehicle. I have an Altis, but still the space inside Manza beats Altis hollow.
Old 15th March 2010, 13:44   #986
BHPian

Update :
Done 2000 kms on my ABS+ diesel Manza. Avg kmpl is 13.80 - more of city driving (80%) with AC.

A biker hit my OVRM and the mirror fell out - have to replace it but the dealership has no stock. Additionally, the dealer advices that the entire assembly needs to be replaced ! Checked with after-market - they expect the mirror in about a week, and most probably the whole assembly will not need to be replaced.
Old 15th March 2010, 16:23   #987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishparekh View Post
Update :
A biker hit my OVRM and the mirror fell out - have to replace it but the dealership has no stock. Additionally, the dealer advices that the entire assembly needs to be replaced ! Checked with after-market - they expect the mirror in about a week, and most probably the whole assembly will not need to be replaced.
My OVRM mirror also fell down two months back.
Same advice was given to me for getting the whole assembly replaced (and the assembly comes only in black so u need to get it painted seperately to match your car colour).
Tried outside for the mirror alone and i was given same reply that it is expected within a week.
After waiting for two weeks without getting only mirror, went to one of the Tata Service station, purchased whole assemmbly for around 780.(not sure of the exact amount) and requested the mechanic to replace only the mirror so that i need not have to repaint the assembleym and they got it done for me..
Old 15th March 2010, 17:07   #988
BHPian

I can feel GTO is getting a manza after selling off the indigo ;-)
Old 16th March 2010, 15:02   #989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil@Bengaluru View Post
My OVRM mirror also fell down two months back.
Same advice was given to me for getting the whole assembly replaced (and the assembly comes only in black so u need to get it painted seperately to match your car colour).
Tried outside for the mirror alone and i was given same reply that it is expected within a week.
After waiting for two weeks without getting only mirror, went to one of the Tata Service station, purchased whole assemmbly for around 780.(not sure of the exact amount) and requested the mechanic to replace only the mirror so that i need not have to repaint the assembleym and they got it done for me..
@ Akhil : Thanks for the info on price. I was told to change the Inside assembly of the OVRM - the outside plastic cover is ok. In aftermarket, the mirror is expected to be around Rs. 150/-. How about the FE ? Do you get similar or more ?
Old 16th March 2010, 22:33   #990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishparekh View Post
@ Akhil : Thanks for the info on price. I was told to change the Inside assembly of the OVRM - the outside plastic cover is ok. In aftermarket, the mirror is expected to be around Rs. 150/-. How about the FE ? Do you get similar or more ?
Mine is also Diesel Aura ABS, till now driven for around 3600 Kms avg FE is around 14-16 kmpl with 70-80% AC.most of the driving in city

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks