Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2010, 21:29   #946
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishab.k View Post
@ WindRide,

Have a look at this picture from GTO's review.

no way those are stock speakers buddy. their magnets are way to big for crappy stock speakers.
Old 5th March 2010, 22:06   #947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
no way those are stock speakers buddy. their magnets are way to big for crappy stock speakers.
YES. These are the ones I'm talking about. See the lengths to which TATA is going? people are not willing to believe what they see!! BTW these crappy speakers are bloody blaupunkt! (I thought slang was not allowed in these haloed portals, but what the bollocks, if a Sr. BHPian can do it , so can a poor sod like me!!) and came in Aura till some time back and still come in Aura ABS upwards. I saw them in my friends AURA safire the day he came from CSD Ahmedabad.

Last edited by windiesel : 5th March 2010 at 22:09. Reason: Damned Grammar! Still sucks!!
Old 5th March 2010, 22:10   #948
BHPian

Err... then why does manza brochure say 4 spearkers + 2 tweeters? It should say 6 speakers + 2 tweeters isn't it?

Ways of TATA are strange indeed....
Old 5th March 2010, 22:51   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Err... then why does manza brochure say 4 spearkers + 2 tweeters? It should say 6 speakers + 2 tweeters isn't it?

Ways of TATA are strange indeed....
In such brochures very often there's a footnote that "specifications are liable to be changed without prior notice" maybe TATA is overjoyed at Manza's response and has decided to cover the losses it made in the JLR deal by withdrawing the speakers et al. !! BTW I am told that Manza's waiting is inching beyond the 2 month mark!! A great car, it deserves it, speakers or no speakers. They cost Rs.3000 only (Sony Explod. Blaupunkts are 2.5 without bill), I checked today while accessorising the white giant (that's how my daughter calls the Manza)
Old 5th March 2010, 23:37   #950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
They cost Rs.3000 only (Sony Explod. Blaupunkts are 2.5 without bill), I checked today while accessorising the white giant (that's how my daughter calls the Manza)
Great, what all accessories have you added to your white giant ? Please do start your own thread with all the details.

Also, do write to Tata Motors about the things they had provided initially in Manza & have discontinued now.Atleast they should know that buyers are aware of all these things.
Old 5th March 2010, 23:40   #951
Senior - BHPian

Finally i test drove Manza Quadrajet today cos we are booking one next week and this was a mere formality.
I was comparing it to my previous indigo lx.
Vast difference i must say.

1.The engine which is the same in Linea as well is really good(must say better than the Linea). The turbo kicks in 2000rpm and then its a pleasure to drive and below 2k the lag is very much evident which is now a hallmark of multijets.
2.Excellent gear shifting. Couldn't believe this is a tata car cos in Indica and indigo(all generations) the gear shifting has just been average.
3. This was a day of surprises and the first one i got was no engine noise while sitting inside the car.It is only a bit evident after 3k rpm.Impressive!
4. As GTO said earlier this is the best braking on a Tata car ever. Period.
5. Stock speakers are below average and will be changing them asap surely.
6. Boot is humongous and so is the inner space(both front and rear).
7. Wont comment on plastics and interior quality as owning an Indigo before i can relate to it but they are much better than previous one.

Overall quiet satisfied with it.
The td vehicle was black in color and it looks amazing in it. We will be getting white though.

Queries.
1.Insurance is quoted at 18564. Can we get less from outside.
2. Should we go for extended warranty. We took one for previous indigo and was never used though. Extended is for - 5250.
3.I couldn't check which make are the tyres. Any clues?
I know they are 15inches though.
4. Dealer is asking for 4900 extra for white color. Is it alright?
Old 6th March 2010, 00:20   #952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
We took one for previous indigo and was never used though
With all the issues reported about Tata cars here, how come you never used the extended warranty. After all quality is not that bad?
Old 6th March 2010, 11:12   #953
superveloce

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post

Queries.
1.Insurance is quoted at 18564. Can we get less from outside.
2. Should we go for extended warranty. We took one for previous indigo and was never used though. Extended is for - 5250.
3.I couldn't check which make are the tyres. Any clues?
I know they are 15inches though.
4. Dealer is asking for 4900 extra for white color. Is it alright?
The tyres are bridgestone b250.
Yes the cost difference of 4900 for dew white shade is acceptable, this shade is costlier and also this color gets two more coats during painting.
Extended warranty is a good option since any and all manufacturing problems that may be occuring on your car after say 2 years will still be covered, and since the MANZA is a relatively new vehicle, i think this will be a good choice. However if your are ready to cover any replacements on your own at a later period, then dont opt for it.
This vehicle is a wise choice. Congrats and Enjoy Motoring.

Old 6th March 2010, 11:37   #954
Senior - BHPian

tata has a way of quietly removing acessories from cars without changing prices. The indica turbo sent to all mags for reviews had alloys, and all of them mentioned they were OE. Similarly a rear spoiler.
When I got my car, it had neither. It's just business as usual
Old 6th March 2010, 11:51   #955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
With all the issues reported about Tata cars here, how come you never used the extended warranty. After all quality is not that bad?
Yeah, you can say that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post
The tyres are bridgestone b250.
Yes the cost difference of 4900 for dew white shade is acceptable, this shade is costlier and also this color gets two more coats during painting.
Extended warranty is a good option since any and all manufacturing problems that may be occuring on your car after say 2 years will still be covered, and since the MANZA is a relatively new vehicle, i think this will be a good choice. However if your are ready to cover any replacements on your own at a later period, then dont opt for it.
This vehicle is a wise choice. Congrats and Enjoy Motoring.
Thanks!
I am also in for extended warranty.
Atleast gives a piece of mind.
Old 6th March 2010, 13:33   #956
BHPian

Roughly about Rs.10,000 is increased on all the variants on account of the latest budget.Not bad man, i expected more. But here in Bangalore the Local VAT is increased by 1% and further the LTT is to be increased by 2%.The impact of all these may make Manza costlier by Rs.25000-28000/- here in Bangalore.

Last edited by rki2007 : 6th March 2010 at 13:39.
Old 7th March 2010, 03:37   #957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Roughly about Rs.10,000 is increased on all the variants on account of the latest budget.Not bad man, i expected more. But here in Bangalore the Local VAT is increased by 1% and further the LTT is to be increased by 2%.The impact of all these may make Manza costlier by Rs.25000-28000/- here in Bangalore.
Thats news!
Here manza aura abs was 635000 and now its is 645000 ex showroom but nothing on vat etc.
Old 7th March 2010, 10:30   #958
BHPian

I have started a new thread on my initial ownership experience of the Manza QJD Aura. You can view it at:
My New Manza QJD AURA is home! The White Giant Rules!!
Old 7th March 2010, 11:25   #959
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
YES. These are the ones I'm talking about. See the lengths to which TATA is going? people are not willing to believe what they see!! BTW these crappy speakers are bloody blaupunkt! (I thought slang was not allowed in these haloed portals, but what the bollocks, if a Sr. BHPian can do it , so can a poor sod like me!!) and came in Aura till some time back and still come in Aura ABS upwards. I saw them in my friends AURA safire the day he came from CSD Ahmedabad.
they provided blaupunkt speakers? thats pretty good. i saw your thread, seems like the wiring is ready for the 2 6x9s on the parcel shelf.
Old 7th March 2010, 11:28   #960
BHPian

Hi Guys, the price of Manza afire Aura+ has shot up in mumbai and is 6.96 OTR as opposed to initial cosst of 6.85. They should have added allooys in this price increase IMHO

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks