Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2010, 19:04   #916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
February has been a record month for tata motors both in the commercial as well as passenger car markets. The Indigo range sold 7373 units, the highest ever since it was launched way back in 2002!
Tata Motor Posts Record Sales In February 2010 | Autoholiks
Great news ..... 7373 is simply awsome.. hope they sustain it in the months to come.
Old 2nd March 2010, 20:06   #917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Great news ..... 7373 is simply awsome.. hope they sustain it in the months to come.
The Manza effect, hmm?

I'm seeing a lot of Manza's on the road nowadays, with 4 parked in my small society itself. it is an impressive car, in the following months it'll be interesting to compare Manza and Dezire sales.
Old 2nd March 2010, 22:12   #918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post
Thanks adits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post
That is exactly what i am trying to say. I myself use a Maruti Swift and though my vehicle has been reliable, there have been rattling problems which have driven me up the wall. But honestly i have never mentioned it here or when i talk about my ownership experience.
We all are right and we all are at fault over here. We need to forget any and all bias we have against a particular car maker and appreciate and condemn his efforts. Just because one bad experience by a friend/family should not translate in a collective opinion to formulate.
I think TATA had improved vastly in terms of bulid quality, sure its no where close to the likes of the Fabia or Polo, but for them its growth. It is taking them time to reach the levels of the industry average or exceed it, but they are not far off.
And before writing off the MANZA we should think about everything else that the manza offers to us at that stunning price. Sure the plastic quality or build quality, is not the best but its not really unacceptable.

+1 to both of you. I have always said quality is ladder to climb and every one starts at the bottom.
Old 2nd March 2010, 22:14   #919
BHPian

Quote:
Hey man, the first time round you asked this Question I didn't respond because you had mixed up my comments with the guy's who responded immediately afterwards to my mail. HE seemed to have major issues with Tata's ***.
Since you've taken the trouble to ask again I'll share my exp again.
I was one of the first Indica owners way back in 2000. That time the initial non V2 cars has issues with the front suspension. Tata people were literally after me to get a free retrofit done to elevate my car(and others like me) to V2 level. That time the rumours going round were that tires will not last more that 15-20 K in an Indica. Well mine lasted for more than 50,000 KMs! I even got a clutch plate replaced under warranty when as per rules they say that clutch plates are not covered under warranty. Overall Tata's *** was as bad as maruti's. Both will take the whole day for servicing and leave half the things undone and not let you supervise the job.(may work in Japan but we indians just can't work unsupervised - personal view) Things are still the same. I just had my wife's new M-800 serviced at MASS and they first would not write all the faults I had to report in the job card and then left out some of them with 'Yeh to aisa hi hota hai sir agli bar dekh lenge'!

Hence after my free services never went to TASS again. Plenty of good mistrys outside and they cost less time and money and you can stand on their head and get things done as you want. When I sold my Indica last December it had done a lac and seven thousand klicks, it may have had all the fit and finish issues but it never let down on the road, went all over the countryside and was still giving 18kpl and not lifting any engine oil when i bid her adieu.

Now coming to the Manza. I knew that Manza was in the pipeline so did'nt go for the Dzire outright. I just did'nt like the shape, the way the rear almost touches the road with 5 people and a bootful of luggage. Moreover, just hated the cramped rear seat, me being almost 6' and wife and daughter 5'7.5'' each. If you move the driver seat fwd to make space for the rear guy then the steering column comes awkwardly between you legs and the darned thing is not adjustable. Least the boffins at Maruti could have done was to stretch the wheelbase a bit instead of just pasting a boot on a stock Swift, and give it more powerful engines. Therefore, what the unsuspecting customers are getting is just a swift with a boot with the same engines. Not so with Tata though. They have STERETCHED the vista by 50mm and given us a more spacious car which does NOT share engines with hatch. (For the record- When Tata launched the Indigo way back in 2002 they did not simply plonk the Indica engine in it but gave it something extra- A TURBOCHARGER.)

Plus Tata is always giving you user friendly things like Tilt adjustable steering, power outlet at the rear, USB port,wide opening door, a tacho, front power windows and a 2Din Music system even in the base model, a Linea spec 90bhp QJD engine that Maruti will be using in the SX-4!! Compare this list of goodies with the Dzire and you will not find it so Dzireable after all. Even 10 years ago Indica had path breaking user friendly feature like internally adjustable ORVM, Top Blued windscreen, internal antenna, child lock on rear doors etc. These feature were then found on sedans 2-3 segments up and hardly on any hatch certainly not on any maruti hatch. If I remember right the Top blued windscreen came with the Esteem 1.3 and not even the Maruti 1000 had it.

On the flip side, agreed that Tata's fit and finish is not as good as Maruti, but give me the goodies man, I can live with a few plastic parts not aligning properly or some electrical issues (which tata is notorious for) like horns and lights etc which can all be set right with one visit to a good electrician. All the niggles reported on this forum about the Manza are very minor and can easily be set right.
Hence it is Manza all the way for me, and going by the number of Manzas seen on the road a lot of people seem to be thinking like me.

Windiesel: I think this is one of the most accurate and unbiased opinion. +1 to that.
Old 3rd March 2010, 07:06   #920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbender View Post
Windiesel: I think this is one of the most accurate and unbiased opinion. +1 to that.
Thanks airbender. Just my two bits....
Old 3rd March 2010, 07:18   #921
BHPian

Also, I have heard that Tata is managing to attract people up the ladder. Customers turn up to book the CS and opt for the Manza since they find it worth the difference in EMI over four to five years.
Old 3rd March 2010, 10:10   #922
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Painting the roof in White!! Delhi summers are supposedly among the hottest but I am yet to see anyone try that trick over here!
BTW saw a light blue manza today, it looks wow! now I'm getting second thoughts about Grey Noir.
Windiesel

Why no give it a try. Even concrete roofs are painted. we do it around feb/ march. they come in the evening clean the roof surface and paint it in the morning. 5 years back they used to charge Rs600/ for that. there is considerable reduction in temp in side the room. But you can go to roof during day time. It will be just blinding.

White reflects all the sun light back and roof does not get heated up much
Old 3rd March 2010, 20:33   #923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Windiesel
Why no give it a try. Even concrete roofs are painted. we do it around feb/ march. they come in the evening clean the roof surface and paint it in the morning. 5 years back they used to charge Rs600/ for that. there is considerable reduction in temp in side the room. But you can go to roof during day time. It will be just blinding. White reflects all the sun light back and roof does not get heated up much
Tell you what RKG, you seem to have friends up there. The wheel of destiny spun in such a way that the dealer rang me up and said that by the time Grey Noir lands up it will be more expensive by ten grand or so due to the increased VAT (not 69!) meanwhile, he said, why don't I take the White which he had ready in stock! I said fine! So its white now! He says it's PLW, now I don't whether it means Pearl White or Porcelain White, but he does say that it's Rs.5000/- dearer. There used to be a time when white used to be five grand less expensive, ghor kalyug is here, guys.
Old 3rd March 2010, 20:40   #924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tell you what RKG, you seem to have friends up there. The wheel of destiny spun in such a way that the dealer rang me up and said that by the time Grey Noir lands up it will be more expensive by ten grand or so due to the increased VAT (not 69!) meanwhile, he said, why don't I take the White which he had ready in stock! I said fine! So its white now! He says it's PLW, now I don't whether it means Pearl White or Porcelain White, but he does say that it's Rs.5000/- dearer. There used to be a time when white used to be five grand less expensive, ghor kalyug is here, guys.
Kalyug indeed. The Manza looks really good in white. Post some pictures as soon as convenient for you.
Old 3rd March 2010, 20:42   #925
BHPian

Quote:
So its white now! He says it's PLW, now I don't whether it means Pearl White or Porcelain White, but he does say that it's Rs.5000/- dearer.
I can confirm this upcharge. My dealer had the same 5K premium on white because of "Pearly Shine".

Do take some pictures of OEM accessories / wheels and let us know if you tart her up a bit with footwear / seat covers etc.

P.S. I am expecting my Grey Noir Aura ABS on Friday. But will only see the car after a week since I am in bbay. Will post pics then.
Old 3rd March 2010, 21:47   #926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
Also, I have heard that Tata is managing to attract people up the ladder. Customers turn up to book the CS and opt for the Manza since they find it worth the difference in EMI over four to five years.
I dont know what the TML upto. Seems not interested in any Customer service nor high sales of Manza.These many years TML was not concentrating much on the satisfaction of individual customers. They were much concerned about the Taxi/tour operator who certainly don't complain the after sales service because majority of them do not get their cars serviced from Tata's A.S.S.

But tata has come out which such a good car, the Manza and people like me even though like to go for it, hesitate a bit considering the A.S.S of Tata and the minor niggle issues.

As far as i feel here in Bangalore none of the tata Authorised sales persons be it Concorde or Prerana seems to be very much irresponsible. They never keep up their promises, never call within promised days/times. Completely lacks knowledge about any of the aspects of the cars, always coming out with some false interpretations and informations.
The poor sales man doesn't even know that a gold satin is parked in their showroom garage itself and he said it is not available at when i had been to a showroom to have a look at the Gold satin.

Looks like TML never expected such a good take off for the Manza. They are not able to handle the expectations of the customers.Hope they improve at the earliest.

As i earlier said (rather a request) in this thread TML please don't cut the golden duck with a old cheap rotten knife called poor A.S.S and niggles problems.
Old 3rd March 2010, 22:06   #927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post

As far as i feel here in Bangalore none of the tata Authorised sales persons be it Concorde or Prerana seems to be very much irresponsible. They never keep up their promises, never call within promised days/times. Completely lacks knowledge about any of the aspects of the cars, always coming out with some false interpretations and informations.
The poor sales man doesn't even know that a gold satin is parked in their showroom garage itself and he said it is not available at when i had been to a showroom to have a look at the Gold satin.
Hi rki2007,
Just try KHT Motors in WF Road,
Even I had bad experiance with Concorde then went to KHT.
Just felt they were better in handling customers. Just give it a try.
Old 3rd March 2010, 23:25   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil@Bengaluru View Post
Hi rki2007,
Just try KHT Motors in WF Road,
Even I had bad experiance with Concorde then went to KHT.
Just felt they were better in handling customers. Just give it a try.
hi akhil
from which dealer did you purchase Manza. And do KHT people have service.And one more question suppose if i buy the car from Concorde, can it be service from the Prerana service center here at Peenya.
Old 4th March 2010, 07:40   #929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
hi akhil
from which dealer did you purchase Manza. And do KHT people have service.And one more question suppose if i buy the car from Concorde, can it be service from the Prerana service center here at Peenya.
I got my car from Concorde Dairy circle but did not like their service, its always crowded no one bothers to talk to you even after half an hour and service was also not good (as per me). So went to KHT.
I think KHT opened only few weeks back and they have Showroom and good spacious service center.
And of cource if you buy car at concorde and get it serviced from another place.
Old 5th March 2010, 08:09   #930
BHPian

FIRST INFORMATION REPORT!

Took delivery of Aura QJD in Porcelain White yesterday from the dealer in Patiala, and right from the showroom drove to Delhi(280 kms) on the famous GT Road (NH-1).(me and the Manza alone for 6 hrs- Honeymoon?). Quite like a marriage, on the way I discovered that things are not as they were made out to be! Every 50 kms or so I progressively found things missing. TATA has cut down on the features list. The AURA no longer has:
1. Parcel shelf woofers
2. Tilt adjustable steering
3. Leather wrapped gear knob
All the above are present in my colleagues Aura, which is a month old.

The car is an absolute delight on the highway! did'nt exceed 2000-2200 rpms. In 5th good for 80 at 2000 rpm. Detailed report and pics follow. Looks fantastic in white.

Most Viewed