Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2010, 16:26   #871
superveloce

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Hi Guys, Im going to wait till April when the BS IV Manza is launched. I would really appreciate if no furore or ruckus is created with what I have to ask next.

Linea was launched in Jan 09, Manza was launched with the same engine in October 09. T-Jet will be launched in Q2 this year in the linea.

TATA is known to launch anniversary models for its cars with certain upgrades. My question being , will the T-Jet find its way in the Manza if TATA launches its anniversary version this year.

If not the anniversary version any of you guys think the Manza will get the T-Jet as an upgrade. If anyone gets even a small whiff about this please let me know as I ll be deciding when to purchase depending on the BS IV and T-Jet launch .

Mods , request you to move this post if not appropriate for this thread.

Thanks.

buddy no chance of that happening anytime soon. fiat is already down because the manza is stealing potential customers from the same showroom. If fiat do get the T-Jet in the linea soon, they wont be sharing it with tata anytime soon.
There is no talk or even a hint of T-Jet powertrain in tata motors at all.

My advice is simple, buy the BS-4, QJD or SAFIRE whichever pleases you more.
Oh and for those of you who are speculating about the manza build quality, all manufacturers who launch a new vehicle, face problems in the first 6months from a vehicles launch. Therefore every OEM will track its product vigourously in that span, and CAPA (Corrective Action Preventive Action) is taken ASAP.

Initial build quality issues and some mistakes have been reported due to two different production setups for the manza, one in pimpri and the other being in ranjangaon. Thankfully though all these have no been investigated and eliminated or will be eliminated soon.

The BS-4 Manza will be a much more reliable and free from niggles product.
I myself am waiting to acquire a manza QJD BS4.

Old 22nd February 2010, 18:01   #872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Hey Greenhorn, you own an Indica yourself and though I'm not sure if you've test driven the manza yet, but even a blind man can see that TATA has vastly improved their quality issues this time round. People are even comparing the Manza to Linea and ANHC which are cars in a different league altogether. Compare it to the Dzire/ikon/logan and the manza aquits itself beautifully.
My indica has been somewhat trouble free for the last few years, and I'm thankful to God for giving me such a defect free piece. However, during my visits to the TASC, I've had ample evidence to see that I've been very lucky.

And now that my car has started to have issues, the TASC is absolutely clueless about them. And I dont even want to start about the parts which go missing every time the car goes for a service. My point was, even if tata has built a vastly better car (debatable - see the issue with power window switches for example), the car has to remain in good condition right ?

A friend of mine has a swift VDi, and It has run over 45K kms. Earlier, on long trips, I could keep up with him. Now the car just runs out of breath, and despite keeping the car for a few weeks at my TASC, and them claiming to have done everything that they could, my Indica Still cannot keep up with him. And let me not add the various squeaks, thuds and vibrations that have started to show themselves. My friend is not a car maniac, and does only basic maintainence. You'd feel sorry for his car if you saw it on the street. Yet it feels and drives (apart from the rattles) just like it did 2 years ago. I have spent more of my time and money on maintaining my car in the best possible condition, which includes running after the mechs in my TASC for countless hours, trying them to fix obvious issues which they claim are things which should be expected for all indicas. I've watched my car deteriorate & age prematurely over the years - its a painful thing to do when you love your car as much as I do.

Here's a blow by blow account of my ownership experience
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...g-18-a-18.html

I used to be a fanboi too. I've said these same words to defend and promote tata cars when I bought my car, but Trust me, its not all that rosy. I have a feeling at least 80% of all manza owners will feel the same way I do, 2~3 years down the line. Only time can tell

Last edited by greenhorn : 22nd February 2010 at 18:03.
Old 22nd February 2010, 19:44   #873
Senior - BHPian

Am not aware about this BS-3 and BS- 4 stuff. What happens to the cars which are BS-3 and whats the diff?
Old 22nd February 2010, 20:53   #874
Senior - BHPian

7 Manzas on the road on a 3km stretch, between my house and my son's school in one drive this morning. I noticed 1 Linea and 4 Dzires, not to mention 3 Logans.

Not a bad start, I presume. Last off the block, but certainly not the least.
Old 22nd February 2010, 21:01   #875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post
Oh and for those of you who are speculating about the manza build quality, all manufacturers who launch a new vehicle, face problems in the first 6months from a vehicles launch.
These are true owner experiences not speculations. I think everyone agrees that the niggles will get fixed eventually but the point is why does Tata not learn from its past mistakes.

Quote:
Initial build quality issues and some mistakes have been reported due to two different production setups for the manza, one in pimpri and the other being in ranjangaon.
I am not sure I understand. Does this mean one of the centers had a quality problem?
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:41   #876
superveloce

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashw_r View Post
These are true owner experiences not speculations. I think everyone agrees that the niggles will get fixed eventually but the point is why does Tata not learn from its past mistakes.

I am not sure I understand. Does this mean one of the centers had a quality problem?
Well my friend, tata has learnt from its past mistakes. What we dont see, is that tata interior quality has improved by leaps and bounds over the earlier indica/indigo.
And what i meant is that problems are expected in the initial batch of cars which are made by any manufacturer. There are certain things which just escape the radar during testing, or certain issues are not anticipated. Also you would agree, that each and every customer, his usage and environment in which he runs the vehicle are different. Its not possible for any OEM to anticipate everything.
What we all do is, just because a few initial problems are reported, we brand the product as a quality disaster.

Also i read someone else say that why cant tata use the technology and expertise which is now on tap from the JLR acquisition.
Well is the Indian cost conscious market ready to pay for the technology which is available with JLR? Its not possible to build the manza which is already a very good value proposition, with JLR quality and trim levels and features, because no one would then be able to afford it.

And yes, because of the two seperate assembly locations that are existing for the manza, initially there were a few production line mistakes made at ranjangaon. The order in which the manza is assembled in pimpri is the standard made by tata, but in ranjangaon, the manza and linea are made on the same line and hence the order of assembly for the manza has been modified to be compatible. Also the manza in ranjangaon is inspected by fiat's quality team and the manza in pimpri is inspected by tata's quality team.

Old 23rd February 2010, 13:41   #877
BHPian

Emission norms

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Am not aware about this BS-3 and BS- 4 stuff. What happens to the cars which are BS-3 and whats the diff?
Dear harry,

BSIII and BS IV are emission norms in India. Current norm in use is BS III and it will be updated to BS IV. For manza it would involve minor tuning and tweaks in the engine.

The effect of BS IV norm apart from the emissions would be that you buy a BS III car from any company before April 2010(when BS IV comes into force) you ll be able to sell the car only in the state you bought the car from (MH/DL/KA etc) If you buy a BS IV car you ll be able to sell the car in any state.

The BS IV will be bought into force only in certain states.
Old 23rd February 2010, 14:21   #878
BANNED

Quote:
And yes, because of the two seperate assembly locations that are existing for the manza, initially there were a few production line mistakes made at ranjangaon. The order in which the manza is assembled in pimpri is the standard made by tata, but in ranjangaon, the manza and linea are made on the same line and hence the order of assembly for the manza has been modified to be compatible. Also the manza in ranjangaon is inspected by fiat's quality team and the manza in pimpri is inspected by tata's quality team.
Superveloce - Do you think these two will impact the quality of the initial batch?
My guess was that due to the initial batch the quality team would be extra alert in ensuring the process is in deployed well on the ground.

Vijay
Old 23rd February 2010, 18:10   #879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
My indica has been somewhat trouble free for the last few years, and I'm thankful to God for giving me such a defect free piece.
A friend of mine has a swift VDi, and It has run over 45K kms. Earlier, on long trips, I could keep up with him. Now the car just runs out of breath, and despite keeping the car for a few weeks at my TASC, and them claiming to have done everything that they could, my Indica Still cannot keep up with him.I used to be a fanboi too.
Is it fair to race an old Indica (even if its a Turbo) against a modern Swift with an intl award winning Engine with 20kgm of torque? Remember that saying about Apples and Oranges? and how they can't be compared to one another?

Quote:
Well my friend, tata has learnt from its past mistakes. What we dont see, is that tata interior quality has improved by leaps and bounds over the earlier indica/indigo Also the manza in ranjangaon is inspected by fiat's quality team and the manza in pimpri is inspected by tata's quality team.
I agree totally, superveloce. Someone speaking my lingo after a long while. I guess that makes us FANBOIS too! Where did you get that word, Greenhorn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
Superveloce - Do you think these two will impact the quality of the initial batch?
My guess was that due to the initial batch the quality team would be extra alert in ensuring the process is in deployed well on the ground.Vijay
How does one tell a Ranjangaon car from a pimpri one? Any spl marks etc?
Old 23rd February 2010, 20:47   #880
BHPian

Any idea about the approx insurance amount to be paid for a brand new Manza Diesel Aura ABS model ?
Old 23rd February 2010, 21:44   #881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalini_g View Post
Any idea about the approx insurance amount to be paid for a brand new Manza Diesel Aura ABS model ?
For an Aura ABS quadrajet i paid 13,009 without transferring my No claim bonus from my old car.Don't take it from the dealer they charge you something close to 19k.
Old 23rd February 2010, 21:56   #882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin1 View Post
For an Aura ABS quadrajet i paid 13,009 without transferring my No claim bonus from my old car.
@ Kingpin,

Which insurance company you took insurance from ?
Old 23rd February 2010, 23:07   #883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishab.k View Post
@ Kingpin,

Which insurance company you took insurance from ?
Cholamandalam, Got a quote through a website recommended by Akhil@bengaluru.
Old 23rd February 2010, 23:20   #884
superveloce

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post

How does one tell a Ranjangaon car from a pimpri one? Any spl marks etc?
well you can decode the VIN no./chassis no. of the vehicle and there is a specific digit, depending on what the digit is, one can tell whether the manza is from pimpri or ranjangaon.

Old 24th February 2010, 00:08   #885
Senior - BHPian

Anyone has a pic of Manza in white?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks