Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2010, 01:18   #796
BHPian

Saw about 3 Manzas on the road today.

Also, I fixed the side indicator issue myself. I just had to use a little force and push the plastic in and it snapped back into place.

I was also showing my car to a friend who drives a Swift Vdi and he wanted to look under the hood. I noticed the brake fluid leaking. I didn't have time to take a closer look. Will do so tomorrow and give an update.
Old 1st February 2010, 06:59   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin1 View Post
Same here have started spotting a lot of them now. 10 at least. However that i work close to WHitefield abngalore and the fact that i stoned driving to work and take the VOlvo must surely help me in spotting the car.
Don't get stoned driving TO work, bro, IMHO work and pleasure don't mix well!!
Old 1st February 2010, 08:46   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Don't get stoned driving TO work, bro, IMHO work and pleasure don't mix well!!
HAHAHA Stoned! Funny typo must say. I meant STOPPED!
Old 1st February 2010, 15:40   #799
BHPian

Manza Aura+ Diesel : 1000 kms completed.

1) 1st service completed - no amount to pay. Recd a call from Tata Pune to rate the experience - was nice overall.
2) Avg. FE 14.2 kmpl - mixed highway & city - mostly city with 60% time AC on.
3) I am always in the driving seat, but with moderate speed on bumps I feel that the backseat passengers do get a noticeably uncomfortable jump.
4) Sometimes the car seems to accelerate a tad more than intended - anyone else feel the same ?

Meanwhile, mudflaps are yet to arrive !!!
Old 1st February 2010, 20:29   #800
BHPian

Tata's indigo family sold 7,258 in January. Looks like a sales topper in that segment. That's good news to all manza buyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Tata are clubbing Vista sales with Indica and Manza with Indigo CS/GL/Marina so theoretically it is possible that that out of 5106, 5000 are Indigo CS! Maybe someone can shed more light on this issue, since it would certainly please many to know for sure that the Manza is indeed doing well.
windiesel: indigo was selling about 3000 per month before manza release. So even now the non manza group should be a max of 3000. Again that's a max. There will always be buyers like VJOY who considered CS but opted for MANZA

Last edited by Jaggu : 1st February 2010 at 20:37. Reason: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote (Quote +) instead. Thanks
Old 1st February 2010, 20:54   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
> "Camry sold in india uses same parts as the one sold in US or Japan. They still don't recall in india"

TOI says the recall only affects Toyota cars made in N.America since the supplier is different for that region than the ones for APAC. That's why cars are not recalled in Japan/India.

It's not TOI but TOYOTA which says that. And do you really buy that. On an average toyota sells about 25 camry's and 600 carolla's every month. Why would a manufacture have a separate supplier for such a low number. If you still beleive that, god help you.

I am not picking on toyota but this happens with all the videshi sellers.

> "If you have a problem with the car and drop it at the showroom in us/Japan when under warranty they give a rental car for free for the period the car is being worked on. Does this happen in India."

TATA does this. One of the tbhian's was offered a temp car when his Vista went in for major repairs.

You agree that it's not a standard practice. Thank you.

> "ALso most auto makers offer 50000 miles/ 5 years warranty in us/japan. What about in India."

Is Ford Figo launching with such an offer?
You agree that it's not a standard practice. Thank you.

I am not picking on toyota but this happens with all the videshi sellers. When they charge you the same the service should be the same. No excuses. Actually they charge double what they charge in other markets because of the taxes.

Ideally I do not want to continue this as this thread is not meant for this discussion.
Old 1st February 2010, 21:31   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbender View Post
Tata's indigo family sold 7,258 in January. Looks like a sales topper in that segment. That's good news to all manza buyers.
windiesel: indigo was selling about 3000 per month before manza release. So even now the non manza group should be a max of 3000. Again that's a max. There will always be buyers like VJOY who considered CS but opted for MANZA
Way to go, guys. That's sweet vindication for TATA
Old 2nd February 2010, 00:47   #803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbender View Post

I think there will also be a fair number who went the other way, i.e. came to the Tata showroom to look at the Manza and picked up the CS instead. Assuming the number of people swinging the other way in both directions is about the same, that still means a sale of about 4,200 Manzas in January alone. This increase can also be due to the new year effect, i.e. people might have waited for the new year to get a 2010 model (I know I did). Will need to wait a couple of months for the m-o-m sales to stabilize before seeing how much the Manza can drive on its own once the novelty factor and any initial niggles get sorted out.

But anyway, for a car to do about 3,000 a month within 3 months of launch is good going.

@airbender: can you please post a link to where you got the indigo family numbers

Last edited by adits : 2nd February 2010 at 00:49. Reason: Text edit
Old 2nd February 2010, 02:40   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adits View Post
I think there will also be a fair number who went the other way, i.e. came to the Tata showroom to look at the Manza and picked up the CS instead. Assuming the number of people swinging the other way in both directions is about the same, that still means a sale of about 4,200 Manzas in January alone. This increase can also be due to the new year effect, i.e. people might have waited for the new year to get a 2010 model (I know I did). Will need to wait a couple of months for the m-o-m sales to stabilize before seeing how much the Manza can drive on its own once the novelty factor and any initial niggles get sorted out.

But anyway, for a car to do about 3,000 a month within 3 months of launch is good going.

@airbender: can you please post a link to where you got the indigo family numbers
Here is the thread for January 2010 sales - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...car-sales.html
Old 2nd February 2010, 03:12   #805
BHPian

I'm starting to notice more and more Manzas on the roads here in Hyderabad. I guess a lot of people waited to buy the 2010 model instead of buying the 2009 model (including me). I'm also guessing a lot of cars were sold in January because the lifetime tax on vehicles went up yesterday (Feb 1) in AP.

@ manishparekh: I've observed the rapid acceleration too. But I'm not complaining! It only gets annoying when right after that surge in power some idiot decides to cut in front of you and you have to slam on the brakes.

I got my car delivered last Wednesday but the mudflaps were fitted on Saturday. They fitted "Manza" embossed mud flaps.
Old 2nd February 2010, 10:25   #806
Distinguished - BHPian

Good going for the Indigo range with 7258 numbers sold, if we consider 30% being marina and Indigo CS, 5000 is good number for the Manza to start off with.

Competing with Dzire, the segment has expanded than eating into each other's share.
Old 2nd February 2010, 16:22   #807
BHPian

According to my salesman at the local dealership, there is an even mix of people who are choosing between the Manza and the CS. There are equal number of people who think shelling out an extra lakh for the Manza is not worth it whereas some feel the extra features in the Manza are worth going for.
Old 2nd February 2010, 17:05   #808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Competing with Dzire, the segment has expanded than eating into each other's share.
+1

I think manza will sell around 4-5K per month without affecting dezire sales much.

People who think 'there is no world beyond Maruti'[1] will anyway go for Dezire only.

[1] - courtesy TBHPian
Old 2nd February 2010, 19:08   #809
BHPian

Small problems with my Manza.

Gave my Manza (Diesel Aura ABS) for first service at 2100 Kms at Concorde Bangalore (dairy circle).

Following were the problems which i have faced till now.
- Arm rest in driver side was not fitted properly (got the same fixed in servicing).
- Bonet Open lever (below Steering wheel) was not working. this was also fixed in servicing.
- Whenever tried taking the car at bit high speed (around 40 km/h) over small humps was getting a Big DHUD sound from left side (front wheel). Had reported the same during the servicing. They did some changes to suspension and now the drive is bit harder.Yet to check if the same sound will repeat.

Total Cost of first Free Service was Zero Rupee.

Avg FE is around 14 to 15 kmpl.
Old 3rd February 2010, 09:43   #810
BHPian

Trailed a manza to office this morning.
Car is narrower than Fiesta, but wider than Esteem (had instances where these cars were side-by-side).
As you come up alongside the Manza, you go "hey where's the bonnet .. wait there it is .. ". Manza's bonnet is lower and shorter than the Vista (respective owners can confirm).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks