Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2010, 23:17   #736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Since you mentioned engine sound, I must add : That Fiat 1.4 isn't exactly a silent unit.
Today i got the delivery of my Manza Safire Aura. and i would agree that its not the most silent unit. Someone pointed out that its got that Italian grunt- I am quite ok with that. Found it a little irritating before though.

GTO, your reviews were just spot on and when i got the vehicle, there were no surprises at all. Yes the plastics and the overall fit and finish could have been better but at this price, what you have is a fantastic automobile overall.

I notice that the doors need to be closed a little harder than the other cars, Is that a problem with other Manza's too ?

Other than this i feel the vehicle is smooth, ride is fantastic .yet to assertain the FE (MID shows 6.7KMPL,) This should definitely improve.

Thanks T-bhp and all Manza owners for your comments and experience reports, which helped my decision.
Old 24th January 2010, 08:15   #737
BHPian

MID info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper21 View Post
Today i got the delivery of my Manza Safire Aura. and i would agree that its not the most silent unit. Someone pointed out that its got that Italian grunt- I am quite ok with that. Found it a little irritating before though.

GTO, your reviews were just spot on and when i got the vehicle, there were no surprises at all. Yes the plastics and the overall fit and finish could have been better but at this price, what you have is a fantastic automobile overall.

I notice that the doors need to be closed a little harder than the other cars, Is that a problem with other Manza's too ?

Other than this i feel the vehicle is smooth, ride is fantastic .yet to assertain the FE (MID shows 6.7KMPL,) This should definitely improve.

Thanks T-bhp and all Manza owners for your comments and experience reports, which helped my decision.
Dear Viper, I had this same issue in my FIL's Linea, in which I observed the fuel consumption was 6.7 ltr /100 km which works out to approximately 14km/ltr.

So lower the ltr/100km figure higher the FE. Please check if the MID is indicating 6.7km/ltr or 6.7ltr/100 km because from my experience with the FIAT 1.4, 6.7 is too less even for the run in period, it should hover around 10km/ltr.

Thats my experience though, hope it helps.

Last edited by MihirC : 24th January 2010 at 08:26.
Old 24th January 2010, 16:45   #738
BHPian

My test drive with Manza took 25 secs. Me and wife went to Tata showroom for a testdrive on petrol Manza. The sales guys showed us a display model of the Manza. Looked spacious both of us were impressed. And then it happened my wife sat in the drivers seat and pulled the seat ahead and accidentally touched the panel below the steering wheel and it simply POPed out revealing a mesh of wires inside. Apparantly the fuse box cover dropped down on a simple toch.
My fuse blew away with quality of plastics inside. Well it may have the largest space inside but lack of quality is simply unacceptable. We ditched any furthur talks and came out. I don't want a car where I have to constant stay away from flimsy plastics and keep a watch out for parts falling off.

--Vikrant
Old 24th January 2010, 17:13   #739
BHPian

I had a test drive of Manza both petrol and diesel version, liked the space and comfort but the foot well is so cramped that you can not put your left foot on the floor even after releasing the clutch so during the whole drive you have to put your left foot on the clutch only, which is not a great comfort for a long drive.
Old 24th January 2010, 19:13   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
My test drive with Manza took 25 secs. Me and wife went to Tata showroom for a testdrive on petrol Manza. The sales guys showed us a display model of the Manza. Looked spacious both of us were impressed. And then it happened my wife sat in the drivers seat and pulled the seat ahead and accidentally touched the panel below the steering wheel and it simply POPed out revealing a mesh of wires inside. Apparantly the fuse box cover dropped down on a simple toch.
My fuse blew away with quality of plastics inside. Well it may have the largest space inside but lack of quality is simply unacceptable. We ditched any furthur talks and came out. I don't want a car where I have to constant stay away from flimsy plastics and keep a watch out for parts falling off.

--Vikrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
I had a test drive of Manza both petrol and diesel version, liked the space and comfort but the foot well is so cramped that you can not put your left foot on the floor even after releasing the clutch so during the whole drive you have to put your left foot on the clutch only, which is not a great comfort for a long drive.

Reply to both of you:-

There is no car on this earth which is perfect in all aspects. If at all you find one, the price that you may have to pay for it will be huge.
List the pros and cons of a car. If the pros exceeds the cons, buy it or else drop out the idea.
Manza wins in almost all the areas except some. The pros are more than the cons. Manza is always a better buy at this momemt than any other car.
rki2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2010, 23:02   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Either you have size 20 feet or else you were driving a Maruti 800 and thought it was a Manza. I am comfortable driving the manza with my basketball shoes on wonder and for your info i am 6ft 4 and wear a 14, Find it strange that some people in here just go on ranting anything and expect people to believe it.
Old 25th January 2010, 11:33   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin1 View Post
Either you have size 20 feet or else you were driving a Maruti 800 and thought it was a Manza. I am comfortable driving the manza with my basketball shoes on wonder and for your info i am 6ft 4 and wear a 14, Find it strange that some people in here just go on ranting anything and expect people to believe it.
You can not escape from the fact that not only me but my two friends with me had same problem in the foot well of Manza and based on that they have not purchased the car, by the way I am driving ANHC and Indica so in any case the fact is fact.
Old 25th January 2010, 11:46   #743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And then it happened my wife sat in the drivers seat and pulled the seat ahead and accidentally touched the panel below the steering wheel and it simply POPed out revealing a mesh of wires inside. Apparantly the fuse box cover dropped down on a simple toch.
I think this poor fit and finish issue is present in Tata cars. And cost cutting is also evident here. Cant help it, but in this way, Tata is losing prospective customers.
Its shocking and leaves everyone in doubt about what will happen if he/she buys the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Reply to both of you:-

There is no car on this earth which is perfect in all aspects. If at all you find one, the price that you may have to pay for it will be huge.
List the pros and cons of a car. If the pros exceeds the cons, buy it or else drop out the idea.
Manza wins in almost all the areas except some. The pros are more than the cons. Manza is always a better buy at this momemt than any other car.
Not all have space in mind, so Manza is not the best buy for them. Manza is good if you are chauffeur driven, but for self drive I would rate Dzire higher. Manza rear seat is really big and nice. The rear seat incline is around 28 degree, similar to S-class as far as seat recline goes. Excellent for chauffeur driven buyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin1 View Post
Quote:
You can not escape from the fact that not only me but my two friends with me had same problem in the foot well of Manza and based on that they have not purchased the car, by the way I am driving ANHC and Indica so in any case the fact is fact.
Its not matter of height and shoe size alone. I find Baleno's dead pedal useless as I am not able to take out my foot fast and clutch pedal hinders my movement. This has to do with toe. I have broad toe. Usually end up wearing a higher size foot wear than what I need. The broad toe plays a role here, not size of foot or an individual.
Also driving position matters here. My friend around 6'2" drives his Zen with seat nearer to steering wheel than me. My driving posture is more on relaxed side.
Old 25th January 2010, 12:03   #744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I think this poor fit and finish issue is present in Tata cars. And cost cutting is also evident here. Cant help it, but in this way, Tata is losing prospective customers.
If Tata start to use Better quality plastics, improve the fit & finish, But increase the price by 1 lakh, what do you think, they will sell more Manza's? May be Tata Marketing team may be thinking the otherway based on their market reasearch. If you dont like the quality and willing to pay more, you have many other choices, nobody is asking you to buy a Manza. But many people are buying Maza, because it is VFM and willing to compromize on quality. You cannot have both....
I think what Tata could eventually do is, comeup with a model with improved plastics, fit and finish but at a higher price. (Eventhough i dont think many will buy this mode)l, May be start with a special edition and check the market before launching a full model).

Last edited by teamveevee : 25th January 2010 at 12:04.
Old 25th January 2010, 13:05   #745
BHPian

Make no mistake - Manza is a cheap car, in every sense. Cheap to buy, cheap to run (maybe), and feels cheap to sit in and drive. It definitely does not have the feel-good ambience of a Hyundai or Honda, as far as interiors/plastics/fittings, etc are concerned. To those for whom this intangible matters, do not touch TATA. Period.
Old 25th January 2010, 13:23   #746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

--Vikrant
My statement below is in no matter canvassing for Manza it could have been any budget car such as Dezire or Santro or logan or any other.
but every vehicle has pros and cons you need to see your budget and which one outweighs your list of - ves with it's +ves.

Well You could have rejected it on any other reason but walking out not taking test ride because fuse panel opened on a touch is flimsy and not very intelligent choice. What if it was left open in first place by previous customer.

OK Plastics are cheap but so is the car , Now you need to evaluate buying cheap plastics make more sense or a car with cheap sheet metal which rattles and lesser features. Every company has to cut costs somewhere to offer you a 3 box seadan in budget.

I am sure one will find ample of such reasons in any Vehicle available on road under 20 Lakhs ( possibly in higher range as well but I have never ever considered purchasing them and evaluated so can't say for sure )
Old 25th January 2010, 13:42   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post

Well You could have rejected it on any other reason but walking out not taking test ride because fuse panel opened on a touch is flimsy and not very intelligent choice. What if it was left open in first place by previous customer.
Well said everything but I quoted just the para which surely was the case the the mentioned incidence. That fuse box cover can not pop out so easily after looking at the fixing mechanism. While taking delivery of my Vista, sales person had showed the location of the fuses by opening it and then fixing it back again. Agreed, it is not screwed and kept that way because of its utility value, but at the same time it can't just pop out with just touch or flick of a finger, it surely was not closed properly after being opened.
Old 25th January 2010, 16:40   #748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Make no mistake - Manza is a cheap car, in every sense. Cheap to buy, cheap to run (maybe), and feels cheap to sit in and drive. It definitely does not have the feel-good ambience of a Hyundai or Honda, as far as interiors/plastics/fittings, etc are concerned. To those for whom this intangible matters, do not touch TATA. Period.
People have a wrong notion just because its Tata, i think you came out with this statement.Had it been any Korean or Japanese brand you would have praised it.Praising an alien company and pulling down an Indian Car manufacturing Company.

Agreed Honda gives good cars. Please see the price tag of the cars of Honda and then talk. Honda City MT S costs somewhere around 10.6L. Manza Safire ABS costs around 6.35L. You are shelling out 4L for your so called intangible and feel-good ambience and other bla bla bla.

I am not offending any Honda city owners or buyers. My intention is to not compare Manza with that of a 11L car and start finding out mistakes in a 6.5L car.
Old 25th January 2010, 17:41   #749
BHPian

Dear Sir, i was never comparing MANZA with CITY.
Am not foolish enough to do that .. ;-)

My comment on Manza is borne out of multiple visits to TATA dealers in bangalore, by taking long hard looks at it, and by running a probing hand all over the interiors.

It has good mechanicals, no doubt - engine, chassis, gear box, suspension/ride quality, etc, that puts more expensive cars to shame.

But its interiors didn't grab me by the throat. It reeks of a dull old look. Could it have been different? Could TATA have done a better job of it by charging a reasonable differential? Iam no authority, but i guess they could have.

Imagine, if Manza were to cost Rs.30,000/- more for each of the variants, and if the fit/finish levels were to be atleast of the Dzire levels (i mean the plastic quality, knobs, levers, dash trim, etc,etc), wouldn't it make Manza an every better VFM car?
YES, YES, YES!!!
Old 25th January 2010, 18:06   #750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Sir, i was never comparing MANZA with CITY.
Am not foolish enough to do that .. ;-)
Pardon me you actually did so , see the highlighted sentence in your post below AFAIK the cheapest sedan from Honda is City, IMHO it is a compliment for Tata that people compare the product with a car costing nearly 60 % more.

Quote:

Quote:

It has good mechanicals, no doubt - engine, chassis, gear box, suspension/ride quality, etc, that puts more expensive cars to shame.

<snip>

Imagine, if Manza were to cost Rs.30,000/- more for each of the variants, and if the fit/finish levels were to be atleast of the Dzire levels (i mean the plastic quality, knobs, levers, dash trim, etc,etc), wouldn't it make Manza an every better VFM car?
YES, YES, YES!!!
Is it not an unreasonable expectation just for 30,000 more ? So either they need to bring down features to Dezire level ( engine is same anyway) or cut cost somewhere else BTW I do not think Dezire interiors are that desirable LOL.

It is up to customer to choose what is preferred vector to choose among two desirable entry level sedans

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks