Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2010, 11:00   #661

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishparekh View Post
@introvert7 - i could finally pair my E51 ! but theres a mic issue - i can hear the incoming call sounds but when i speak the sound does not get transmitted to the caller. is there a seperate mic that i need to connect or activate ? help !!!
I had the same problem before, but it rectified itself automatically, I don't know how. YOU DO NOT NEED TO CONNECT A SEPARATE MIC. All I can remember doing was increasing the volume for the phone loudspeaker in the car's display.

As far as I know, you can pair all bluetooth-enabled phones with the car. However, ALL features of the system can be used by the phones whose list is given in the manual. As E51 is not listed(i.e. not supported), I am not able to use the call log(of both the phone and the car) as well as saving new numbers.

Will give an update if I know how to solve this.
Old 4th January 2010, 15:15   #662

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
Probably you are one of the most satisfied TATA customers in terms of both the product and as well as the service.

BTW it is great to note that now the service consultants are at the mercy of customers. Better late than never.
Yes..Well its my first experience with TATA as before this I was only Maruti car owner. Now I can really compare between these two.

Regards,
Old 5th January 2010, 11:14   #663
BHPian

E51 pairing

Quote:
Originally Posted by introvert7 View Post
I had the same problem before, but it rectified itself automatically, I don't know how. YOU DO NOT NEED TO CONNECT A SEPARATE MIC. All I can remember doing was increasing the volume for the phone loudspeaker in the car's display.

As far as I know, you can pair all bluetooth-enabled phones with the car. However, ALL features of the system can be used by the phones whose list is given in the manual. As E51 is not listed(i.e. not supported), I am not able to use the call log(of both the phone and the car) as well as saving new numbers.

Will give an update if I know how to solve this.
Thanks. I was thinking that a seperate mic is supplied which needs to be configured & I contacted the dealer, but he was clueless. BTW the manual does say the only the "supplied mic" should be used - doesnt it imply that the mic is a seperate attachment that needs to be joined to the system and then configured ? is your bluetooth configured with E51 working perfectly for outgoing sound without any such "supplied" mic ?
Old 5th January 2010, 12:36   #664
BHPian

Quote:
... BTW the manual does say the only the "supplied mic" should be used - doesnt it imply that the mic is a seperate attachment that needs to be joined to the system and then configured ? is your bluetooth configured with E51 working perfectly for outgoing sound without any such "supplied" mic ?
I guess the manual mentions about the mic installed in the car by Tata (I think the mic position is near the internal rear view mirror) and is cautioning the users not to replace the existing one with some other make/model for whatever reasons.

So, when out of showroom, all you have to do is just pair your BT mobile phone with the BT system of the car and start using.
Old 5th January 2010, 16:07   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsk View Post
I guess the manual mentions about the mic installed in the car by Tata (I think the mic position is near the internal rear view mirror) and is cautioning the users not to replace the existing one with some other make/model for whatever reasons.

So, when out of showroom, all you have to do is just pair your BT mobile phone with the BT system of the car and start using.
@drsk - Thanks for the info. I've tried all dials & switches, but cant get my voice through. The dealer has no idea how to activate it - he just says that E51 is not on the list so it wont work ! Any help ?
Old 5th January 2010, 22:51   #666
Senior - BHPian

After checking out the Manza at the showroom couple of months back, saw one on the streets today for the first time.

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-dsc00364.jpg

I do not like the way it's rear looks. Something is definitely disproportionate. It looks as if the body is loaded on to some carriage platform and the tires are of that.

Either the back bumper is too small or the entire rear is so high. It could also be that the bumper is not matching the size of the mammoth boot. Anybody here has similar opinion?

IMO, the overall proportions of this car ain't pleasing.

Last edited by clevermax : 5th January 2010 at 22:57.
Old 5th January 2010, 23:39   #667
Senior - BHPian

It looks like an old school Cadillac from the rear ( which isn't a bad thing ).

It's begging for fatter rubber !

Last edited by aparth : 5th January 2010 at 23:40.
Old 6th January 2010, 09:08   #668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
It looks like an old school Cadillac from the rear ( which isn't a bad thing ).
It's begging for fatter rubber !
Yes agree with that. But the car has to be more wider, should have fatter rubber and a lower GC to look more like a caddy.

This one terribly lack some good mud flaps at the rear too.
Old 6th January 2010, 15:43   #669
BHPian

Quote:
@drsk - Thanks for the info. I've tried all dials & switches, but cant get my voice through. The dealer has no idea how to activate it - he just says that E51 is not on the list so it wont work ! Any help ?
Sorry Manish. I am not be able to help you on making the E51 working with Manza as i don't have either of them.
Old 6th January 2010, 19:26   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Well, I must say I was lucky somewhat, or had the right agent. I booked it on 25/11, and the car was delivered on 21/12 ! have been driving a getz so am very careful with the manza, getting used to its dimensions so as not to get a love bite so soon ! well, some "first notes" :

4) the temp dial suddenly stopped working - have to go to the dealer today to get it done.

+ves :

3) bargained a 35% discount on insurance - got it without any hassle.
4) free mats & mud flaps.

no other freebees.
got the car paint protected & underbody coated at extra cost.

more soon after i drive around !!!
Any suggestions on how you got the discount a whopping 35% on insurance.I dropped down to the Bangalore Concorde and also the much disliked Prerana motors and they quoted the exact same figures and said this was the best price that one could get on insurance. It works out to 21031 for the Aura + (q jet). How much did you pay?

Regards
Old 6th January 2010, 22:33   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin1 View Post
Any suggestions on how you got the discount a whopping 35% =========
Hi Kingpin, I got my Manza Qjet Aura ABS from Concorde.
Got insurace for Rs.11716 from Reliance General insurance.
Old 7th January 2010, 08:23   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions on how you got the discount a whopping 35% on insurance.I dropped down to the Bangalore Concorde and also the much disliked Prerana motors and they quoted the exact same figures and said this was the best price that one could get on insurance. It works out to 21031 for the Aura + (q jet). How much did you pay?

Regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil@Bengaluru View Post
Hi Kingpin, I got my Manza Qjet Aura ABS from Concorde.
Got insurace for Rs.11716 from Reliance General insurance.
Now thats a huuuge difference on the insurance amount! I am really curious to know how this can happen.
Old 7th January 2010, 09:51   #673
BHPian

Insurance Discount

Quote:

Regards
Well, I just told the HDFC Ergo people with whom I hold a policy for my Getz that I am going to buy a new car and what discount would they offer. They offered 35% discount, which I conveyed to my Manza dealer. He talked to Future Generali, and gave me the same. I paid Rs. 16167 on an IDV of Rs. 650009 based on 95% of the basic showroom price. Is that ok or is Insurance to be counted on about Rs. 750000 that I actually paid ?
Old 7th January 2010, 21:11   #674
BHPian

what color?????

hi guys, facing a silly dilema here. I had shortlisted monarch red for booking aura + but my mom said its not so nice. Golden/silver and noir grey are out of question. The only color left is black which we all love. Now the only concern is maintainance of black color as we are afraid that even the smallest scratches will be stark visible to the eye. Guys with black cars and Sunil as well please advice..
Old 7th January 2010, 23:30   #675
BHPian

what color?????

hi guys, facing a silly dilema here. I had shortlisted monarch red for booking aura + but my mom said its not so nice. Golden/silver and noir grey are out of question. The only color left is black which we all love. Now the only concern is maintainance of black color as we are afraid that even the smallest scratches will be stark visible to the eye. Guys with black cars and Sunil as well please advice..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks