Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2009, 22:43   #646
BHPian

Opting for 4 alloys will reduce the cost . And since it is from the manufacturer, if ever you need an extra in future you shouldn't have a problem getting one.

From what i have read here , you can get alloys for substantially less from aftermarket . But you have to get the correct PCD for Manza. You also might not get the exact model which was displayed on the launch vehicles.
Old 26th December 2009, 17:32   #647
BHPian

Wheel alignment and balancing???

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
Opting for 4 alloys will reduce the cost . And since it is from the manufacturer, if ever you need an extra in future you shouldn't have a problem getting one.

From what i have read here , you can get alloys for substantially less from aftermarket . But you have to get the correct PCD for Manza. You also might not get the exact model which was displayed on the launch vehicles.
Thanks mate. But my dilema still remains, If availability of alloys can be a issue later with aftermarket alloys then I better go ahead with TATAs alloys even if they are expensive rather then buying lesser priced ones only to kow that they are not available later. What do you think?
Also does fitting aftermarket alloys void the warranty with respect to certain alignment and balancing issues???
Old 29th December 2009, 23:39   #648
BHPian

The alloys are offered by TATA . Probably not made by them. Anyways buying from the dealer itself , you avoid the trouble of choosing the right set with the correct pcd and other specs. On the other hand by buying aftermarket you will have more choices and by buying 5 wheels , even if one is damaged you will have the fifth to replace it.

Staying with the correct size wheel and by not upsizing the tyres too much you should stay within the warranty. Have a look in the "wheels upgrade thread " to get more info about pcd and size upgrade.
Old 30th December 2009, 01:32   #649
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I have been following this thread very closely and love the reviews and responses on the Manza. GTO, your review has been fantastic and gave me all the information i needed and was one of the big factors in choosing this car and so are the ownership experiences of the many that have bought the car. So finally (after a month of thinking and looking,TD'ing various cars) i booked the Manza Aura Safire, minimal grey. The sales rep at Concorde Bangalore was very courteous and answered all my questions while i was in the showroom(all of the 3.5 hours). As of now, there are absolutely no deals and all he is offering me is floor mats. Anyone got a better deal? What should i be asking for more??
I also took a TD of the vehicle and found it to be very smooth, it was not as exciting to drive as the quadrajet but i can live with the Petrol, i have heard some people say and I agree, the torque of the diesel is very addictive.

@ethereal
I have a salaried account with HDFC and yet they offered only 80% financing with an interest rate of 10.25%, Reasons: Low resale value of the TATA . Which city/branch is offering this?

Thanks to all you folks who have purchased the Manza which only helped my decision.
Old 30th December 2009, 13:06   #650
BHPian

FE of Diesel Manza.

Just an update for my Manza Qudrajet Aura ABS.
Did Full tank for the second time .
FE as per DIS 13.8Kms/l
FE as per Full tank to Full tank Calculation 14.58Kms/l
Total ODO reading till Now 431Kms.
Completely driven in Bengaluru city (50% on ORR and 50% in city traffic)
50% with AC and 50% without AC
Old 30th December 2009, 14:15   #651

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper21 View Post
Hi Guys,
@ethereal
I have a salaried account with HDFC and yet they offered only 80% financing with an interest rate of 10.25%, Reasons: Low resale value of the TATA . Which city/branch is offering this?

Thanks to all you folks who have purchased the Manza which only helped my decision.
Viper,
I got it in Mumbai, JB Nagar, Andheri Branch. Well you may have to bargain a bit for the rate. Pls call up direct HDFC Bank's branch near to you, & can say you have a ready offer of 9% like that & you have corporate relationship with the bank. Don't go through the dealer's desk. Loans sanctioned through dealer's desk is in the range of 10.25% only. Regarding low resale value, I am not sure, as they had offered me full finance initially, but I opted for 4.20L only (with invoice value of 5.72L).

Cheers!
Old 30th December 2009, 14:29   #652

FE Update

FE Update for Safaire AURA+

Finished 1000 km since 18th Dec till 30th Dec.

Overall Avg: 14.7kmpl

Yesterday I had been for 1st Service at Wasan, Kandivali W. Their team leader, was quite surprised to see the Avg reading & he took some snap-shots of the reading to show it to other customers.

I had driven around 600 km in one day (mumbai-shirdi-Mumbai) & may be becoz of that this overall avg jumped to 14.7 kmpl. This long drive had about 70% AC on. But even in city drive I had got around 12kmpl.

At Service station: Quality of interaction was upto my satisfaction. Though I was apprehensive about after sale service of tata, based on other member's comment, but then in my case I must say, I was quite satisfied. They promised to deliver the car by 16:00 hrs, but I received the call at 13:30 hrs itself that car is ready. Also I received automated SMS from TATA Motors, that car is ready, which was a nice experience. Total expense was Rs.75.00 only. Initially the "Team Lead" wanted me to go for Engine Waxing & Anti-Rust treatment, & he was quoting around 4.5K for both, but I didnt agree. I said, I 'll consider it next time.
While leaving the Service Center, the Team Lead humbly requested " Sir you wud get a call from TATA regarding your experince at this center. Just remember if the rating is less than 9, that we all are gone. So pls rate in between 9-10 out of 10. There's no scope of below 9 " I was smiling, as for me TATA seems to have come long way now.
Old 30th December 2009, 16:11   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethereal View Post

Yesterday I had been for 1st Service at Wasan, Kandivali W. Their team leader, was quite surprised to see the Avg reading & he took some snap-shots of the reading to show it to other customers.

I had driven around 600 km in one day (mumbai-shirdi-Mumbai) & may be becoz of that this overall avg jumped to 14.7 kmpl. This long drive had about 70% AC on. But even in city drive I had got around 12kmpl.

At Service station: Quality of interaction was upto my satisfaction. Though I was apprehensive about after sale service of tata, based on other member's comment, but then in my case I must say, I was quite satisfied. They promised to deliver the car by 16:00 hrs, but I received the call at 13:30 hrs itself that car is ready. Also I received automated SMS from TATA Motors, that car is ready, which was a nice experience. Total expense was Rs.75.00 only. Initially the "Team Lead" wanted me to go for Engine Waxing & Anti-Rust treatment, & he was quoting around 4.5K for both, but I didnt agree. I said, I 'll consider it next time.
While leaving the Service Center, the Team Lead humbly requested " Sir you wud get a call from TATA regarding your experince at this center. Just remember if the rating is less than 9, that we all are gone. So pls rate in between 9-10 out of 10. There's no scope of below 9 " I was smiling, as for me TATA seems to have come long way now.
+1 to that. Looks like T.A.S.S. are improving.
Old 30th December 2009, 17:00   #654
BHPian

Thanks mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
The alloys are offered by TATA . Probably not made by them. Anyways buying from the dealer itself , you avoid the trouble of choosing the right set with the correct pcd and other specs. On the other hand by buying aftermarket you will have more choices and by buying 5 wheels , even if one is damaged you will have the fifth to replace it.

Staying with the correct size wheel and by not upsizing the tyres too much you should stay within the warranty. Have a look in the "wheels upgrade thread " to get more info about pcd and size upgrade.
Thanks a ton nut case. I think i ll be going for aftermarket alloys only if the ones i like are less than 4 k a piece or I go with TATA.
Old 1st January 2010, 19:02   #655
BHPian

Blue5 pairing with Nokia E51

Quote:
Originally Posted by introvert7 View Post
I had no problems pairing my E51. Just ensure you have set the bluetooth visibility of your phone to 'permanently visible'. There is a separate menu for new bluetooth pairing, which lets you select whether to pair a new bluetooth phone of streaming device(select phone). Will send you detailed step-by-step instructions if you want them.

There are problems after pairing, all features may not work correctly. For example, I cannot view the call log for E521 in the car's display, but that works well with Nokia 3110C.
Thanks for your input, but I still havent been able to pair my E51 with Manza Blue5. The dealer showed me the list of pairable phones in the booklet, and said the E series cannot be paired. How did you manage to do it ?
Old 1st January 2010, 19:10   #656
BHPian

Ive done about 225 kms in Aura+. Am absolutely loving the car. Small pleasures like the illuminated keyring, theatre-type light dimming effect when you open / close the lock. Avg mileage shows 6.1 km/ltr - its building up from 5.0 when I recd it. I feel there's something wrong with the temp indicater though - shows 32 degrees when outside may be 24 - 26 degrees in the night. but 32 is not constant - it does change when i start the car so its not fixed on 32 so to say. am missing bottle holders and cd space badly.
Old 1st January 2010, 21:28   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishparekh View Post
I feel there's something wrong with the temp indicater though - shows 32 degrees when outside may be 24 - 26 degrees in the night. but 32 is not constant - it does change when i start the car so its not fixed on 32 so to say.
The temperature sensors on cars (all cars) work when the car moves. Standstill values will always be higher. I notice that even on our Linea.
Old 1st January 2010, 22:24   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Viper,
I got it in Mumbai, JB Nagar, Andheri Branch. Well you may have to bargain a bit for the rate. Pls call up direct HDFC Bank's branch near to you, & can say you have a ready offer of 9% like that & you have corporate relationship with the bank. Don't go through the dealer's desk. Loans sanctioned through dealer's desk is in the range of 10.25% only. Regarding low resale value, I am not sure, as they had offered me full finance initially, but I opted for 4.20L only (with invoice value of 5.72L).

Cheers!
Yep thanks for the information, I will call them tomorrow.I also have a couple of other banks which are offering at less interest rates, lets see what works out best.

Quote:

Good FE figures. I had posted the same question sometime back on another thread, guess no one saw it .. Thanks very much for posting!!
Old 1st January 2010, 23:35   #659
BHPian

Quote:

Probably you are one of the most satisfied TATA customers in terms of both the product and as well as the service.

BTW it is great to note that now the service consultants are at the mercy of customers. Better late than never.
Old 2nd January 2010, 16:18   #660
BHPian

E-51 pairing - mic issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by introvert7 View Post
I had no problems pairing my E51. Just ensure you have set the bluetooth visibility of your phone to 'permanently visible'. There is a separate menu for new bluetooth pairing, which lets you select whether to pair a new bluetooth phone of streaming device(select phone). Will send you detailed step-by-step instructions if you want them.

There are problems after pairing, all features may not work correctly. For example, I cannot view the call log for E521 in the car's display, but that works well with Nokia 3110C.
@introvert7 - i could finally pair my E51 ! but theres a mic issue - i can hear the incoming call sounds but when i speak the sound does not get transmitted to the caller. is there a seperate mic that i need to connect or activate ? help !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks