Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2009, 10:15   #586
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Exactly the same doubts I have. Would they be able to deliver a Jan 2010 manufactured car by 20th Jan itself. Little skeptical about this.
Old 18th December 2009, 10:29   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
^^ Exactly the same doubts I have. Would they be able to deliver a Jan 2010 manufactured car by 20th Jan itself. Little skeptical about this.
Thanks for sharing your concern; I will be extra careful about it. What I am being told is that 2010 manufactured cars will start from plant by aroung 10th Jan and I will be first in priority at his dealership as soon as the cars arrive. I will check the month/year by decoding the VIN (got the details from a Team BHP forum). Can also ask for form 22 from the dealer.

OT, can anyone help me understand if there is any need to updgrade Manza tires from current 185 to 195? My driving style is very relaxed and I generally don't push the car too much. So my personal opinion is that 185 tires should be reasonably good with ride/ handling. However I am going to drive for about 600km a month on NH1 for home visits. So does anyone think that 195 is going to be a better choice and is it worth spending on it.
Old 18th December 2009, 11:45   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post

OT, can anyone help me understand if there is any need to updgrade Manza tires from current 185 to 195? My driving style is very relaxed and I generally don't push the car too much. So my personal opinion is that 185 tires should be reasonably good with ride/ handling. However I am going to drive for about 600km a month on NH1 for home visits. So does anyone think that 195 is going to be a better choice and is it worth spending on it.
I have driven the Manza for more than 500 kms and personally feel that 185/60 Bridgestone tires give enough control and handle pretty well. Increase in size is required mainly for aesthetics.
Old 18th December 2009, 13:33   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
+-3/4 kms look odd. Is it really possible
I think the best way to check is the existing Manza owners. rite2shree, vjoy and others. What does the MID indicate as Average kmpl. Also let us know your actual mileage, so we can compare and decide if this is true.

I would estimate that it should be not more than 10% error.

@amit - I agree with rite2shree. I would look at other profile tyres only if I wanted a specific outcome like better FE or acceleration, etc. Based on your driving style, I would think you can keep the OE tyres and spend that money on other mods, if needed.

Last edited by adits : 18th December 2009 at 13:36.
Old 18th December 2009, 16:02   #590

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Hi gagz, Congrats on your new buy. We desperatly require pics of your new acquisition since its a GREY Noir which we rather i havent seen even once.It will be very kind of you if you post some pics for us.

Yes registering the car in the month of jan 2010 will amount to 2010 model as far as the RC Book is concerned and whereas the chassis number given (year of manufacture of the car ) will be 2009 only.
Thanks Mate for the info.
I am trying to upload images for some days now but giving me error will try one more time, another doubt is that whenever i press clutch some unusual sound like a crank or wiry noise cramps up does anyone else has experienced the same have tanked 250+ km's else the running is smooth with 100% a/c on avg is 14.9 in city have not hit the highway yet,this Sunday going for 300 km ride at a religious place would post my the experience asap.

cherzzzzzz
gagz
Old 18th December 2009, 18:42   #591
BHPian

It might be a silly question, but I am a little confused about it. Does Manza ABS equipped models have EBD as well? Everywhere on Manza website it's mentioned as 'ABS' with no mention of EBD while mostly other manufacturers mention EBD specifically. Thanks
Old 18th December 2009, 22:25   #592
BHPian

Yes it does

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
It might be a silly question, but I am a little confused about it. Does Manza ABS equipped models have EBD as well? Everywhere on Manza website it's mentioned as 'ABS' with no mention of EBD while mostly other manufacturers mention EBD specifically. Thanks
Yes Amit, Manza ABS also has EBD. I really cannot understand this thing with both Fiat and TATA. The cars of both the companies have such loads of small special features as well but none of them promote those features. On the other side the Japs/koreans are so aggresively promoting their smallest features, and look at their sales
Old 19th December 2009, 01:03   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adits View Post
I think the best way to check is the existing Manza owners. rite2shree, vjoy and others. What does the MID indicate as Average kmpl. Also let us know your actual mileage, so we can compare and decide if this is true.

I would estimate that it should be not more than 10% error.

I did not rely on MID to check FE.
During first week, MID was showing an avg FE of 9.2 kmpl and Instantaneous FE of 10.5 kmpl while I computed a FE of 12.5 using tank-to-tank method.

I observed that in next week reading on Avg FE increased to 10.3.

May be there is some fuzzy loopback logic in it. I would rather rely on manual modes.
Old 19th December 2009, 10:29   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rove_drives View Post
I did not rely on MID to check FE.
During first week, MID was showing an avg FE of 9.2 kmpl and Instantaneous FE of 10.5 kmpl while I computed a FE of 12.5 using tank-to-tank method.

I observed that in next week reading on Avg FE increased to 10.3.

May be there is some fuzzy loopback logic in it. I would rather rely on manual modes.
Proves the possible +- 3/4 kmpl error in the MID. The manual modes are the best but if the MID was more accurate, it might help
Old 19th December 2009, 12:23   #595
Senior - BHPian

Just saw a Black Manza,this car looks good. Much better than the Desire.
Old 19th December 2009, 12:42   #596
Senior - BHPian

I saw one as well in black. Its a huge improvement over the previous indigo. The boot was actually gelling with the whole car unlike Dezire.
Old 19th December 2009, 14:45   #597
BHPian

Hey guys just a poll.

Which is the most preferred color that you feel in which the manza looks fantastic.
I would vote gold satin first
2nd would be breeze blue(even though i havent seen it)

Poll in your votes guys, lets see which is the most liked color.
Old 19th December 2009, 14:54   #598
BHPian

Spot on pal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Just saw a Black Manza,this car looks good. Much better than the Desire.
No offence to any Dezire owners but my personal opinion is that there are very few sedans which make the Dezire look better, maybe none.
Old 19th December 2009, 15:00   #599
Senior - BHPian

manza has started growing up on its looks like other cars and now i do see quite some manza's on road now.Two silvers, two satin gold, two red and one white are spotted till now.And yes looks good as well.
Also have seen many people admiring this new car, and have seen surprised faces after ceeing tata badge on this car.Surely a big improvement from TATA motors offered.
Old 19th December 2009, 15:32   #600
BHPian

Seat Covers for Manza?

Hi all Manza owners, Vjoy,Rove drives, Sunil and the team. What do you guys feel about the seats that come with manza? Do you feel the need to put on new seat covers, if so, then is it purely for the aesthetics or any other reason??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks