Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2009, 19:40   #571
BHPian

OK guys. Now that some of the BHPians own a Manza and have been driving it for quite some time, let us all know the mileage you have been getting.

I did my first mileage check, getting 12.5 in regular office time city driving.

Vijoy, Riteshree and others... over to you.
Old 16th December 2009, 20:24   #572
BHPian

Diesel or Petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by rove_drives View Post
OK guys. Now that some of the BHPians own a Manza and have been driving it for quite some time, let us all know the mileage you have been getting.

You get a city Fe of 12.5 hopefully on a petrol rite mate?
Old 16th December 2009, 20:59   #573
BANNED

newbie question how do you measure FE. Is full tank to full tank the only means?

Vijay
Old 16th December 2009, 21:20   #574
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
newbie question how do you measure FE. Is full tank to full tank the only means?

Vijay
Tank Full to Tank Full is the most reliable way.
Old 16th December 2009, 22:47   #575
BHPian

@MihirC - Yes. Thats petrol Manza

@Vijoy - It was tank to tank.
Old 16th December 2009, 23:19   #576
BHPian

Add on info

Quote:
@MihirC - Yes. Thats petrol Manza

@Vijoy - It was tank to tank.
I was told by one of the guys in a Tata/Fiat dealership that the FE shown in the MID is +- 3-4 kms. How true is this?
Old 17th December 2009, 09:00   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagz View Post
Got my manza diesel abs noir grey on 11th
i am just being given an onsite insurance copy along with manza booklets and service slips all the other documents like extended warranty booklet,insurance copy, registration and tax invoice and some other documents are not being given at the time of delivery.Has asked me collect it latter in a week or so.Is this the normal practice??
Taking the car for number registration in a couple of days would it make any difference if i get it registered in jan??

Kindly guide me as this being my 1st car.
Hi gagz, Congrats on your new buy. We desperatly require pics of your new acquisition since its a GREY Noir which we rather i havent seen even once.It will be very kind of you if you post some pics for us.

Yes registering the car in the month of jan 2010 will amount to 2010 model as far as the RC Book is concerned and whereas the chassis number given (year of manufacture of the car ) will be 2009 only.
Old 17th December 2009, 09:54   #578
BHPian

Quote:

I got a 12.9 with 100% A/C on all the time. Ended up with a mileage of 12.1 on highway. Reasons for this low fuel economy (read the post on page 4 of this tread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...livered-4.html).
The car runs very smooth.
Old 17th December 2009, 09:56   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
I was told by one of the guys in a Tata/Fiat dealership that the FE shown in the MID is +- 3-4 kms. How true is this?
AFAIK, the FE shown in the MID is the instantaneous one and hence the difference to the actual mileage can vary. The +- 3/4 kmpl figure looks a bit high.

To actually validate this, we would probably need to go through the logic the MID uses to calculate the FE. Since it is definitely not the tankful-to-tankful method, the FE can vary.

Also, at the fuel stations, they normally put in a couple more of litres of fuel after the automated sensor shuts off, and so the tankful-to-tankful method itself is not very accurate although quite reliable
Old 17th December 2009, 10:36   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adits View Post
AFAIK, the FE shown in the MID is the instantaneous one and hence the difference to the actual mileage can vary. The +- 3/4 kmpl figure looks a bit high.
The MID on Manza not only gives instantaneous mileage but also average and distance that can be covered with the remaining fuel (using mode switch). But I am not so sure about the accuracy.
Old 17th December 2009, 10:53   #581
BHPian

MID information

Quote:

To actually validate this, we would probably need to go through the logic the MID uses to calculate the FE. Since it is definitely not the tankful-to-tankful method, the FE can vary.

Also, at the fuel stations, they normally put in a couple more of litres of fuel after the automated sensor shuts off, and so the tankful-to-tankful method itself is not very accurate although quite reliable
Adits, the MID definitely shows instantaneous FE, but that is in addition to trip FE, Avg FE and a I guess the petrol consumed /100 kms as well. The FE indication whose variation I was talking about was Avg Fe.
Old 17th December 2009, 11:34   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Adits, the MID definitely shows instantaneous FE, but that is in addition to trip FE, Avg FE and a I guess the petrol consumed /100 kms as well. The FE indication whose variation I was talking about was Avg Fe.
As I said, I think +- 3/4 kmpl sounds high but may be possible
Old 17th December 2009, 14:17   #583
BHPian

Quote:
As I said, I think +- 3/4 kmpl sounds high but may be possible

+-3/4 kms look odd. Is it really possible
Old 17th December 2009, 16:49   #584
BHPian

Booked Aura ABS Quadrajet Satin Gold

All - I must start with an apology as I have been mean so far. Have been reading threads on Team BHP for about three months now (gaining knowledge form all your experiences ) and it's my first post today.

I have booked Aura ABS Quadrajet Satin Gold today. Booking is with a dealer in Patiala (Punjab - my home town) though I am working in Delhi. It saves me about 20k in road tax etc. My cousin booked it on my behalf there and while taking to him, came to know that one of our college friend is now having a TATA dealership in Patiala. So he agreed to fit some accessories for free (Seat Covers, mats/mud flaps and sun film to be specific). Further saves me about 5k compared to buying in Delhi as dealers in Delhi are not offering anything (as far as I know). I am going for a 2010 manufactured car so he promised to deliver it by around 20th Jan. Yes, you are right, it's getting difficult to wait till then!

Before booking we test drove the car twice with a dealer in Noida. Both me and my wife liked it very much and concluded it's a very good VFM car. She wanted to go for petrol but finally left the technicals to me. Heard about a few niggling problems some owners had with Manza on team BHP forums but hope that TATA will sort some of these out in next lot in Jan (fingers crossed).

Many thanks to all of you (and GTO's great review needs a specific mention here) for your contribution to this thread and helping many like me take an informed decision.

Last edited by amit1234singla : 17th December 2009 at 17:00.
Old 17th December 2009, 19:09   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
All - I must start with an apology as I have been mean so far. Have been reading threads on Team BHP for about three months now (gaining knowledge form all your experiences ) and it's my first post today.

I have booked Aura ABS Quadrajet Satin Gold today. Booking is with a dealer in Patiala (Punjab - my home town) though I am working in Delhi. It saves me about 20k in road tax etc. My cousin booked it on my behalf there and while taking to him, came to know that one of our college friend is now having a TATA dealership in Patiala. So he agreed to fit some accessories for free (Seat Covers, mats/mud flaps and sun film to be specific). Further saves me about 5k compared to buying in Delhi as dealers in Delhi are not offering anything (as far as I know). I am going for a 2010 manufactured car so he promised to deliver it by around 20th Jan. Yes, you are right, it's getting difficult to wait till then!

Before booking we test drove the car twice with a dealer in Noida. Both me and my wife liked it very much and concluded it's a very good VFM car. She wanted to go for petrol but finally left the technicals to me. Heard about a few niggling problems some owners had with Manza on team BHP forums but hope that TATA will sort some of these out in next lot in Jan (fingers crossed).

Many thanks to all of you (and GTO's great review needs a specific mention here) for your contribution to this thread and helping many like me take an informed decision.
Congratulations on your new buy. Are you sure the 2010 manufactured car will be delivered in the early jan itself. Be specific with 2010 manufactured car (not only 2010 registration)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks