Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2009, 14:05   #541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
And absolutely no discounts on offer.

cheers
A Tata petrol model having a long wait than its diesel sibling??
Is this because Tata are producing more diesels or there are more petrol bookings?
Old 14th December 2009, 14:33   #542

I think that's bcoz Tata is expecting more Diesel variants to be sold, and so producing them more. That's also in line with all reviews being of Diesels and all TD vehicles also in Diesel.
Just my 2 cents
Old 14th December 2009, 14:55   #543
BANNED

Quote:
Hello all,
<snip>...

cheers
True. No cash discounts, but I did bargain mud flaps. teflon coating, body cover(linea's - doesn't fit well - but I needed one since I keep vehicle on road) and steering cover(I ripped it off the very next day - felt as if it was some black plastic strip they had wrapped on the steering).

Also, I remember reading a posting from someone in Mumbai that he did save good amount of money by getting insurance from outside (after convincing dealer to accept it for new vehicle!)

Vijay
Old 14th December 2009, 16:21   #544

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
True. No cash discounts, but I did bargain mud flaps. teflon coating, body cover(linea's - doesn't fit well - but I needed one since I keep vehicle on road) and steering cover(I ripped it off the very next day - felt as if it was some black plastic strip they had wrapped on the steering).

Also, I remember reading a posting from someone in Mumbai that he did save good amount of money by getting insurance from outside (after convincing dealer to accept it for new vehicle!)

Vijay
Well "Mera wala Red" petrol AURA+ has arrived at dealer's stock yard. They have promised to deliver it by coming Friday. Best part was they are offering Mud flaps, inside carpet, & Teflon coating free on their own. I was thinking of bargaining of those part but to my surprise they themselves offered, citing the reason- Since the delivery got delayed, as a good gesture they are offering the same. I am thinking of including one Car -freshner from them. About Car Cover, they said, for Manza car covers are not yet released. At the time of booking, I had bargained on Insurance & got it @ 40% less than the originally quoted by the dealer.

Can't wait for the coming Friday. I wanted the delivery on friday as that's my Wife's B'day & its gonna be surprise for her!
Old 14th December 2009, 18:00   #545
BHPian

Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethereal View Post
Well "Mera wala Red" petrol AURA+ has arrived at dealer's stock yard. They have promised to deliver it by coming Friday. Best part was they are offering Mud flaps, inside carpet, & Teflon coating free on their own. I was thinking of bargaining of those part but to my surprise they themselves offered, citing the reason- Since the delivery got delayed, as a good gesture they are offering the same. I am thinking of including one Car -freshner from them. About Car Cover, they said, for Manza car covers are not yet released. At the time of booking, I had bargained on Insurance & got it @ 40% less than the originally quoted by the dealer.

Can't wait for the coming Friday. I wanted the delivery on friday as that's my Wife's B'day & its gonna be surprise for her!
Congratulations Ethereal, The red colour is getting very popular. Of the 7 Manzas I have seen on road in mumbai, 6 were red and one minimal grey. Which dealer did you buy it from. Keeping in mind TATAs A** its preferable to buy from Concorde as its a TATA owned dealership.

Let us know the financial details wrt loan and stuff. Your wife is going to be one happy lady

Last edited by MihirC : 14th December 2009 at 18:02.
Old 14th December 2009, 18:07   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all,
I did test drive the diesel Manza over the weekend and I thought it was reasonably powerful. My benchmark for comparison is my trusty old '95 model Esteem. I wonder how the petrol model would be...

The speedo and tacho console was disabled so cannot say what speeds I was doing. But I was amazed at lack of noise in the cabin . Great job Tata.

I drove the diesel Aura model, as they did not have the petrol version available for test drive.

Was really impressed with the sense of space available but sadly my brothers who were sat behind were not quite impressed with the quality of plastics. But then at 6.85L (petrol) OTR in Bombay I found it to be acceptable.

There is one thing that I really hated about the car and it was the back lighting and font on the music system, to begin with the font it too small and blue back lighting looks horrible . But I don't think that would be a deal breaker, if I decide to go in for this car.

The diesel has a waiting of around 3 weeks, whereas the petrol around 5-6 weeks.

cheers
btw which dealer did you go to? I met with the Sales guy at Wasan Motors, Chembur yesterday and he said they could deliver a 2010 petrol or diesel manza by 3rd week Jan which makes it 5 weeks. I guess the 2010 requirment adds a couple of weeks.
Old 14th December 2009, 18:27   #547
Team-BHP Support

Just a small correction. Whatever reasons you may have for buying your Tata car from Concorde Motors if below one is also one of them then please do note that it is not exactly correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
its preferable to buy from Concorde as its a TATA owned dealership.
Old 14th December 2009, 18:57   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Just a small correction. Whatever reasons you may have for buying your Tata car from Concorde Motors if below one is also one of them then please do note that it is not exactly correct.
Sorry Zappo I dint get it. Could you please elaborate on this?
Old 14th December 2009, 23:01   #549
BHPian

Please elaborate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
@Zappo, do elaborate on whats not correct. From what I have read on one of T-BHP forums, Concorde motors is a TATA owned dealership.

Thanks.
Old 14th December 2009, 23:04   #550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Zappo, do elaborate on whats not correct. From what I have read on one of T-BHP forums, Concorde motors is a TATA owned dealership.

Thanks.
May be this is the reason :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/61127-concorde-worst-fiat-dealer-hyderabad-edit-india.html

I think that most of the experience and reviews about Concorde motors is not positive.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 14th December 2009 at 23:06.
Old 14th December 2009, 23:24   #551
BHPian

What about the dealership?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
May be this is the reason :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/61127-concorde-worst-fiat-dealer-hyderabad-edit-india.html

I think that most of the experience and reviews about Concorde motors is not positive.
I agree with you on that aagoswami, but i noticed that none of the reviews are from Concorde mumbai and specifically none about Concorde @ prabhadevi area.

I feel the .dealership treatment would differ from city to city. Anyways the bone of contention still remains , whether Concorde motors is a subsidary dealership of TATA motors. Any heads up on that???
Old 14th December 2009, 23:43   #552
BHPian

Car sales & Figures Nov. 09?????

Guys any update on the monthly sales chart for November 2009?. I searched a lot but couldnt find the link.
Old 14th December 2009, 23:58   #553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys any update on the monthly sales chart for November 2009?. I searched a lot but couldnt find the link.

Here it is :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...uti-leads.html
Old 15th December 2009, 00:28   #554
Team-BHP Support

Mihir, it is true that Tatas do own the Concorde dealerships; Concorde is a 100% subsidiary of TML since 2004 when Tatas bought out Jardine Matheson who had 50% stake in Concorde. However to base your decision to buy from them just because of that (with the implicit expectation that they are thus the best) may not always be correct. Concordes have had mixed response at best from the customers with many being unhappy. Some of them do have had a few good reviews over the other Concordes but that's that.

My personal experience with them is that they do not always extend the best deal in town. While buying you should look for the best Pre-sales experience. Anyhow, one need not necessarily service their vehicles from the dealership who sold the car and vice versa.

So, while taking a decision look out for individual experiences from that particular Concorde from where you intend to buy and also check out what deal other competing dealerships are willing to extend to you. Baseline being just because they are a TML subsidiary should not mean a blind faith on them.
Old 15th December 2009, 11:33   #555
BHPian

My FIL, a high mile - backbencher was actively considering the iKon TDCi until I referred him to this thread and he was blown by GTO's writeup - more metal for the buck. A test drive later convinced him to book a Manza last Fri! He took the version with power windows/tilt steering and carries a 2 wks delivery ETA before NY.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks