Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2009, 21:21   #466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
Sir,
"The cost of civic buys you 2 manza. Indeed both are the best cras"
Yes, and that my friend is exactly the point . That TATA has been able to nearly match the interior space and comfort of cars nearly 2 segments higher.That being the case , you have to compare the two.

"• Unreal back seat comfort. Interior space comparable to two segments higher" - This is a direct quote from the first page of this thread ie GTO's review of MANZA

"Same platform" According to you then one can only compare a vista and a manza or a swift and a dzire or a punto and linea as they are from the same platform . 2 cars from 2 different manufacturers cannot be from the same platform at all .

And this a direct quote from your post @ rki2007 " I would surely say that the manza is even more spacious than cruze. Forgive me for the wrong comparison.Different segments compared"

Wrongly or rightly you have indeed compred Manza with cruze and "indivic" did likewise with a civic thats all.

Anyways i dont wanna . So in the end all that matters is that Manza has interior space and comfort comparable to a Cruze or a civic for a lot less money, and that is for prospective buyers.
Surely i will agree that Manza is extremely roomy and spacious than any other car in this segment. There exists no doubt about that. I never dis agreed on this point.I agree that i have quoted about manza and compared the cruze with manza in terms and space and legroom only.
As far as the Cruze and manza is concerned i never and ever compared the engine of both the cars.
Comparing the space has got a lot of difference as against comparing the specifications and NVC of the a car above a segment ahead
Surely the engine noice will be high when you compare with Civic. I am not in any situation going to change my statement in this regard.
For your kind information i am soon going to get a manza in the late march end of the year 2010. I have no enemity towards the Manza or love towards Civic. Please understand!!!
Any way this was my opinion. I give due respect to your opinion. Off course comparison is all from individual perspective.Forget it , no offence .Cheers
Old 3rd December 2009, 22:07   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
We took the Safire on a 6 Km round trip from Concorde Velachery at a pre-peak hour. There is a bit of intake noise as the revs build but once you shift up, I dare say the cabin is quiet...almost like a Civic...oops I said it .

Some other observations from the showroom - the salesman kept referring to the grey noir as "grey nair"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Civic is equipped with refined ivtec petrol engine and Manza is with the Fiat's fire petrol (Saphire as called by Tata). How can you compared both. It really doesnt make any sense in comparing the most refined ivtec and saphire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
I agree that i have quoted about manza and compared the cruze with manza in terms and space and legroom only.
As far as the Cruze and manza is concerned i never and ever compared the engine of both the cars.

Surely the engine noice will be high when you compare with Civic. I am not in any situation going to change my statement in this regard.
For your kind information i am soon going to get a manza in the late march end of the year 2010. I have no enemity towards the Manza or love towards Civic. Please understand!!!
Any way this was my opinion. I give due respect to your opinion. Off course comparison is all from individual perspective.Forget it , no offence .Cheers
@rki indivic too compares the cabin as you have and not the engine! .In fact he never mentions the ivtec . You misunderstood him.
The engine noise will definitely be higher .Everybody agrees to that . Tata has done a good job of noise proofing the interior thats all.

I too am looking to get a Manza in the 1st quarter of 2010.

@ indivic "grey nair" .. haha made me laugh at that one.

One thing bothering me is the exposed speakers in the boot. Isn't there a risk of damaging them during loading and unloading the boot. Maybe you need to cover it up with a custom box .
Old 3rd December 2009, 22:15   #468
BHPian

OT, but I was really curious about the name Manza.

I've searched the Manza threads and didn't find a convincing answer, so did some of my own research online.

Using Google, I searched Italian pages only for Manza ( Google )

The first hit was MANZA (1) - Dizionario Italiano online Hoepli - Parola, significato , an Italian dictionary.

This page says :
manza1
[màn-ʒa]
s.f.
tosc. Giovenca, vitella

I took vitella as one of the synonyms of manza, and went to an Italian-to-English dictionary that I located through Google ... Italian Dictionary

Plugged in vitella (since manza doesn't give any meaning), and this is what it says :

vitella (f)
n. heifer, young cow, cow that has not had a calf

vitello (m)
n. calf, young cow

So, manza means a "young cow, cow that has not had a calf" !!!
Old 3rd December 2009, 22:34   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourWheelDrift View Post

I've searched the Manza threads and didn't find a convincing answer, so did some of my own research online.

The first hit was MANZA (1) - Dizionario Italiano online Hoepli - Parola, significato , an Italian dictionary.

This page says :
manza1
[màn-ʒa]
s.f.
tosc. Giovenca, vitella

I took vitella as one of the synonyms of manza, and went to an Italian-to-English dictionary that I located through Google ... Italian Dictionary

Plugged in vitella (since manza doesn't give any meaning), and this is what it says :

vitella (f)

vitello (m)
n. calf, young cow

Great work there. 'Young cow'! Holy cow, thats one heck of an Italian word that Tata has chosen. I guess the Fiat-Tata JV goes beyond sharing just the resources and technology.
Old 4th December 2009, 04:29   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourWheelDrift View Post

This page says :
manza1
[màn-ʒa]
s.f.
tosc. Giovenca, vitella

vitella (f)

vitello (m)
n. calf, young cow

Very well done mate!
That is 101% correct!
I can add that sometime "manza" is used to badly indicate a young provocative woman... Not very politely...
Odd name for a car!
The engine looks a classic multijet fiat 1.3...

Ciao

Ignazio
Old 4th December 2009, 10:35   #471
BHPian

@Ignazio
What are you doing with a Tata pick-up in Turin?
Old 4th December 2009, 11:23   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
@rki indivic too compares the cabin as you have and not the engine! .In fact he never mentions the ivtec . You misunderstood him.
The engine noise will definitely be higher .Everybody agrees to that . Tata has done a good job of noise proofing the interior thats all.

I too am looking to get a Manza in the 1st quarter of 2010.

@ indivic "grey nair" .. haha made me laugh at that one.

One thing bothering me is the exposed speakers in the boot. Isn't there a risk of damaging them during loading and unloading the boot. Maybe you need to cover it up with a custom box .
Thanks @-NUT-case ! You got what I meant. Thats all I need.

@rki2007 - Nobody is trying to change your opinion or statement. Each car/bike/tractor (my Indica) has a sweet spot(speed) when its silent (as compared to what - there has to be some reference ,right ?)

If I had said that the Manza was very silent as compared to the Indica V2 , I would be doing a disservice for the hardwork that went in making this car. Plus there is no value addition since every one would expect this by default

In any case please refer to

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1556650

Would you then find fault with Tata for comparing with S-class ?
Old 4th December 2009, 12:45   #473
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

The manza platform modified from the Vista platfrom present a great opportunity in th future to up the ante for TATA. They can easily upgrade the exteriors further to take it to the C+ category and also inprove the NVH, plus plonk in better engines to make this a unbeatable winner in a segment above as well (read Linea to City to Civic) they already have the dimentions of rear and boot correct, plus have provisioned for a lot of features, continous improvements can take this places.
Old 4th December 2009, 13:27   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignazio View Post
Very well done mate!
That is 101% correct!
I can add that sometime "manza" is used to badly indicate a young provocative woman... Not very politely...
Odd name for a car!
The engine looks a classic multijet fiat 1.3...

Ciao

Ignazio
It is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
@Ignazio
What are you doing with a Tata pick-up in Turin?
Search for his posts You will understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post

If I had said that the Manza was very silent as compared to the Indica V2 ,
Manza has better sound deadening used all around and you guys are comparing with Tata engine with the MJD?
Old 4th December 2009, 13:47   #475
BHPian

I have read somewhere that Manza means to steer but get a different meaning if you search in google search engine.
Old 4th December 2009, 14:45   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Manza has better sound deadening used all around and you guys are comparing with Tata engine with the MJD?
Nope JK, I TDed the Safire and remarked that at a certain speed the cabin noise (or the lack of it) was "almost Civic like"...one thing led to another....
Old 5th December 2009, 09:29   #477
BHPian

Yesterday i saw a manza upfront, somehow the exteriors dint even please me an inch. I wonder why i get always disappointed whenver i see a new TATA release. They are just playing around Indica design bit too much. It looks like an assembly of just flat panels. I feel TATA's main objective is just to keep the price under wraps. I will not be surprised if MANZA goes the India and Logan way, tagged with only yellow boards. Most TATA vehicles have become just mode to ferry people from point A to point B and nothing beyond that. No offence meant to TATA but for an auto enthusiast they are not really en excitement.
Old 5th December 2009, 09:55   #478
BHPian

Guys, my Manza Aura+ Quadrajet Dew Pearl White has been delayed by over a month now. Every time I call the dealership(BU Bhandari, Pune), I get some or the other excuse about Tata having problems with ABS & Airbags vendors. One excuse that they keep on saying is that "Dew pearl white is not currently in production". On the contrary I have seen two White Aura+ cars this week on Prabhat Road.

I am thinking of writing to Tata motors now. I would really appreciate if someone can give me emailids of some senior people of tata motors, so that I can mail them my concerns.

Awaiting your feedback. Thanks!
Old 5th December 2009, 11:08   #479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumya_Ramesh View Post
They are just playing around Indica design bit too much. It looks like an assembly of just flat panels. I feel TATA's main objective is just to keep the price under wraps
I presume you are talking about the Vista and Manza, however since you found the Manza's looks to be a disappointment, I am curious about what you have to say about the Dezire.
Old 5th December 2009, 11:19   #480
BHPian

Tata Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumya_Ramesh View Post
Yesterday i saw a manza upfront, somehow the exteriors dint even please me an inch. I wonder why i get always disappointed whenver i see a new TATA release. They are just playing around Indica design bit too much. It looks like an assembly of just flat panels. I feel TATA's main objective is just to keep the price under wraps. I will not be surprised if MANZA goes the India and Logan way, tagged with only yellow boards. Most TATA vehicles have become just mode to ferry people from point A to point B and nothing beyond that. No offence meant to TATA but for an auto enthusiast they are not really en excitement.
@ Soumya- Tata cars are meant for the common man who desires to have his own mode of transport in the maximum comfort/ space which can be ofered at a minimum price.The excitement for the "enthusiasts" costs a certain premium. For auto enthusiasts, the enthusiast can shell out anywhere from 2.5 lakhs more for the fiesta 1.6 (which doesent have airbags and other few safety features etc compared to manza) to twice the amount of Manza Aura+ i.e. 14-15 lakhs and get a Skoda Laura /Civic so on and so forth. Its all about how much a person is willing to spend for his car, hell there are loads of people who are enthusiasts and dont care about spending 2 crores -8 crores for lambos/maseratis/ferraris/Austins

This is the car by which Tata is attempting to break the mould and give a product which does not just transport a person from A-B but do that with style comfort safety and other add on features.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks