Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2009, 09:53   #436
Distinguished - BHPian

@Windiesel- Everybody knows while Manza is an Excellent package but is dull to drive. It might have handling that is safe enough but not good enough to put a smile on a enthusiasts face, so is the steering.

And do you really take these Magazines seriously, i would rather trust fellow bhpians and my own judgement.
Old 29th November 2009, 12:30   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
@Windiesel- Everybody knows while Manza is an Excellent package but is dull to drive. It might have handling that is safe enough but not good enough to put a smile on a enthusiasts face, so is the steering.

And do you really take these Magazines seriously, i would rather trust fellow bhpians and my own judgement.
+1 to that. Ultimately it depends on what you expect out of your car. Do you want a comfortable way to commute or you want to rip your pants off with power and torque.
Old 29th November 2009, 12:48   #438
BHPian

Quote:

You're right about the Auto mags. You remember the Top Gear team? Each of them was actually associated with the field he reported upon, and consequently had total command and authenticity over what they said. That's the standard these desi auto mag wallahs have to strive for.

How would you rate the Manza's competition viz. Dzire, Logan, Accent and Ikon on the 'Smile on the enthusiast's face' (sic.) meter? Diesels and Petrols separately, and biggest smile to smallest smile, if you please!
Old 29th November 2009, 13:06   #439
Distinguished - BHPian

@windiesel-
While Ikon is one of best cars when it comes to dynamics, with super sharp handling, great agility, direct steering and a short throw positive gearshift its the best car to drive in the segment. Being lighter than Fiesta means good performance from the same diesel engine. Petrol
engine is very responsive but lacks punch compared to Dzire and Accent.

Dzire has a good steering and very good agility but the softened rear suspension means its not as good as a Swift but good otherwise. Engines is very peppy.

Accent with a softer suspension and not great steering is a turn off for those looking for handling. The petrol engine is quite powerful but is coarse at highrevs.

Last edited by .anshuman : 29th November 2009 at 13:11.
Old 29th November 2009, 13:41   #440
Senior - BHPian

is this car from the same platform of tata indigo? what is the Wheelbase and track of this car?
Old 29th November 2009, 17:33   #441
Team-BHP Support

@SPIKE ARRESTOR

Wheelbase = 2,520mm (50mm more than the Indica Vista)

Not sure about the track, but i would imagine its the same as the vista.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th November 2009 at 17:34.
Old 29th November 2009, 19:06   #442
BHPian

Please let me know whether the Linea and Manza belong to the same platform. I am aware that the same engine does the duty in both the cars. What the difference between both the cars and hows the body built quality of Linea and Manza. Which one is superior.
Old 29th November 2009, 21:20   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Please let me know whether the Linea and Manza belong to the same platform. I am aware that the same engine does the duty in both the cars. What the difference between both the cars and hows the body built quality of Linea and Manza. Which one is superior.
No, Linea and Manza dont share platforms. They just share the assembly line. Manza and Vista share platforms. Now for your other question- which one's superior. Well if taken car for car Linea's definetly better. But I guess Manza's got better rear comfort than Linea.
Old 29th November 2009, 22:11   #444
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT SPAM the forum. One-liners that add absolutely no value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to visit our board rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 30th November 2009 at 10:36.
navan49 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th November 2009, 10:35   #445
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rove_drives View Post
Skoda Fabia was a wonderful car, and still lost the race. Less due money but more due poor product quality.
The Fabia also lost the race due to its premium pricing. Not only the cost of acquisition, but also the cost of servicing & spares. Of course, the 1.4 petrol had inherent issues and was such a lousy engine it should not have been sold in the first place!

Quote:
Tata's reputation is being taken for a toss due to inconsistent quality of parts supplied by auto component suppliers. I feel better choice of suppliers even if at a cost may solve the crisis.
Why blame it on the suppliers alone? Tata would probably be squeezing them on the pricing too. You get what you pay for at the end of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
and on the other hand ACI calls it dull to drive! How? Why? can they write just what they feel like and get away?
I don't see anything inaccurate in ACI's comments. The Manza is a dull drive, no way its going to please any enthusiasts.
Old 30th November 2009, 12:04   #446
BHPian

Quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spals View Post
The problem Indian automakers have is they do not pay enough attention in terms of quality of people working in Quality Department (QD).

So our QD rather tries to solve the problem once they start coming than predicting that they will come unlike their jap counterparts. In this aspect the Japs may be even better than europeans
but sorry, but I don't agree with the first assertion that the problem is quality of people working in the QD. Unless everyone has a quality focus you can't get quality no matter how good the people in QD are.

The second one reads a little confusingly, but if I read it right you're saying that Jap makers predict quality problems before they come. If so, I don't think that's entirely correct either, no one can predict quality problems.

However they do have better quality control at all places, including suppliers. Lets take the case of Toyota, they have refused to localise engines as they believe quality suppliers are not available. And is hard to argue with them when there was an Innova recall due to poor quality of a locally supplied brake component.
Old 30th November 2009, 18:49   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I don't see anything inaccurate in ACI's comments. The Manza is a dull drive, no way its going to please any enthusiasts.
Judging by the amount of Flak I've drawn on that one, the Manza must be real Dull to drive, it's 90 horses and superior power to weight ratio over the dzire notwithstanding.
Old 30th November 2009, 19:26   #448
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Judging by the amount of Flak I've drawn on that one, the Manza must be real Dull to drive, it's 90 horses and superior power to weight ratio over the dzire notwithstanding.
Yes i agree Dzire is more fun to drive but suffers in comfort department.

Being dull or exciting is not mere bhp or lack of it. Power is a important part of driving experince but there are other factors too like handling, steering, agility, gearshift etc.

Last edited by .anshuman : 30th November 2009 at 19:30.
Old 30th November 2009, 19:57   #449
BHPian

Brief test drive report of the Safire

Checked out the Manza in flesh today after drooling for several weeks on this thread . Thanks GTO !

I will stick to the refinement, driving etc part alone. We took the Safire on a 6 Km round trip from Concorde Velachery at a pre-peak hour. There is a bit of intake noise as the revs build but once you shift up, I dare say the cabin is quiet...almost like a Civic...oops I said it .

Okay some fineprint for the above statement : Car running Bridgestone tyres, road smooth without blemishes , potholes etc.

We did not feel bogged down in traffic and could close in gaps without much effort so gearing seems alright for the city.

The avg FE indicator refused to budge beyond 10 Kmpl and the instantaneous FE was hovering around 11-12 kmpl. The car had around 1100 km on the ODO and if I remember all the meters were working.

The temperature indicator was showing 30 and 31 alternatively ,made me think if it was a looped display (like from the movie SPEED), but the clock was ticking okay.

What I did not like (I didnt like on the Vista as well) is that the steering wheel feels as if its thrusting its chest out (convex) - it could be just me imagining because of the steering wheel of the Civic is clearly concave. If anybody else felt the same let me know.

Some other observations from the showroom - the salesman kept referring to the grey noir as "grey nair"

In the time we were there in the showroom before the TD, about 15 minutes or so - 4 parties including us checked out the car, whereas for the others

Linea - 1
Punto - 0
Sumo Grande - no prizes for guessing ( If I were it, I would feel awkward being positioned next to the Punto and the Linea), it was clearly out of place in the showroom in that orange paint scheme.

Safari - 1
Vista - 2

Plus the entire showroom is overcrowded, I would suggest multilevel displays - Tata Manza, Safari and Linea (first floor) and the GP, Vista et al on the ground. Nobody bothered to check if we were interested in the GP or Linea. Sad.

Sorry for the long post. Out.

Last edited by indivic : 30th November 2009 at 20:01. Reason: Spelling check
Old 30th November 2009, 20:45   #450
BHPian

To complement the Manza from a segment underneath, should'nt Tata be launching an Indigo CS with the non VGT national engine, already doing duty in the sluggishly selling vista?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks