Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2009, 11:37   #376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Beats me too! Just because Vista is an INDICA Vista and the Manza, an INDIGO Manza, I know at least two chaps who are shying away from buying them. Maybe some hotshot MBA can shed some light on this apparently retrograde step?
Giving a old name (Indica / Corolla / Zen /Indigo) helps in better 'BRAND RECALL'. Luckily the members here are well informed about features. But if you look at sales perspective it becomes very easy for the company to pitch the car in mind of buyers, atleast they can relate the name which might help in better sales pitch.

( this is my first message so please excuse if anyone finds its offensive or out of track)
Old 22nd November 2009, 12:44   #377
BHPian

welcome here autowierdo. i fell the name wouldnt make much of a difference. its very obvious from the looks that its a indigo with a few touches here and there. or was it designed to look similar?
Old 22nd November 2009, 12:45   #378
BHPian

Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoweirdo View Post
Giving a old name (Indica / Corolla / Zen /Indigo) helps in better 'BRAND RECALL'. Luckily the members here are well informed about features. But if you look at sales perspective it becomes very easy for the company to pitch the car in mind of buyers, atleast they can relate the name which might help in better sales pitch.

( this is my first message so please excuse if anyone finds its offensive or out of track)
Welcome to the family Weirdo. Im sure you ll have a great time here.
Old 22nd November 2009, 14:58   #379
BHPian

. My Satin Gold Manza (Aura ABS) is on its way. The Salesman called up and said that my car was on transit. I couldn't believe what he said as it was the dealer who had informed me about the ABS - TATA issues. Hope everything works out well. They have promised to deliver the car by Thursday (After PDI). So I think the Tatas are keeping thier word and delivering the cars within the 3 to 4 weeks waiting period. Will keep you guys updated with my new thread.
Old 22nd November 2009, 15:15   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rite2shree View Post
. My Satin Gold Manza (Aura ABS) is on its way. The Salesman called up and said that my car was on transit. I couldn't believe what he said as it was the dealer who had informed me about the ABS - TATA issues. Hope everything works out well. They have promised to deliver the car by Thursday (After PDI). So I think the Tatas are keeping thier word and delivering the cars within the 3 to 4 weeks waiting period. Will keep you guys updated with my new thread.
thats a good news, so manza is rolling down to be on owners hands, waiting to see your ownership thread.
Old 22nd November 2009, 16:52   #381
BHPian

Quote:
I think TATA has started to delivering the cars. Even i was told that Minimal Grey ABS cars are already dispatched,Dealer has even promised that i will get One by Wednesday/Thursday if i go with Minimal Grey (have already booked Monarch Red Aura ABS Diesel), But if i need Monarch Red will have to wait
Old 22nd November 2009, 17:27   #382
BHPian

Yes that is what matters- owner accounts. The absolute truth. Even I'm waiting for someone to start an ownership thread.
Old 22nd November 2009, 19:14   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Yes that is what matters- owner accounts. The absolute truth. Even I'm waiting for someone to start an ownership thread.
Already done by vjoy3. Here it is http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...e-finally.html
Old 22nd November 2009, 22:57   #384
BANNED

No alloys? So what?

I see some guys complaining about top-of-the-line Manza not coming with alloys. No car this side of a Merc or Beemer comes with OE alloys which look good. After-market alloys look lot better than OE alloys. So why all this fuss about no alloys? Go get a wide variety of alloys to choose from than be stuck with lousy looking OE alloys.
Old 22nd November 2009, 23:49   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adits View Post
Thanks Adits for bringing it to my notice. Will be on it ASAP.
Old 23rd November 2009, 09:51   #386
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryskt View Post
But I really dont understand why they sell the new cars like Vista & Manza with the names of the older cars (Indica & Indigo) as prefix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Maybe some hotshot MBA can shed some light on this apparently retrograde step?
Am no hotshot MBA (but an MBA nevertheless ) and will try to offer an answer. I personally am of the opinion that Tata should have called this car simply "Tata Manza" instead of "Tata Indigo Manza". Related Thread. Still, why do they continue to use the Indigo nameplate?

1. The Indigo has sold about 275,000 cars till date. Translated = Success and acceptability. Despite newer competition in 2009, and lower sales, the Indigo still managed about 3,000 cars on a monthly basis this year.

2. Clearly, the "Indigo" nameplate has a certain level of consumer comfort & trust. The Manza is a substantially improved product, yet its USP stays more or less the same. VFM + space + diesel + Tata + comfort. Similar positioning and hence, the same brand that has become associated with these values.

3. Leads to a sense of "continuity" and "stability" in the mind of the consumer.

4. Mega $$$$ (read = crores) already spent in making the Indigo a household name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoweirdo View Post
Giving a old name (Indica / Corolla / Zen /Indigo) helps in better 'BRAND RECALL'.
Well said.

Quote:
Welcome aboard! I hope we can see more such sensible posts from you

Quote:
Will keep you guys updated with my new thread.
We eagerly look forward to your ownership report.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd November 2009 at 09:53.
Old 23rd November 2009, 10:49   #387
BHPian

looks awesome for that price range. especially those massive head lights

Last edited by raveen_2023 : 23rd November 2009 at 10:50.
Old 23rd November 2009, 11:14   #388
BHPian

Alloys, Segmentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I see some guys complaining about top-of-the-line Manza not coming with alloys. No car this side of a Merc or Beemer comes with OE alloys which look good. After-market alloys look lot better than OE alloys. So why all this fuss about no alloys? Go get a wide variety of alloys to choose from than be stuck with lousy looking OE alloys.
Well the alloys on the Linea look pretty good to me... Though I agree with the point that for a sub 8 lakhs on road (Pune) for a Diesel sedan with ABS and Airbags, saying the lack of alloy wheels is a negative seems a bit much. Though I'm sure that like ANHC, Tata will introduce alloy wheels as well in the near future.

Also saw the AutoBild quick-and-dirty Manza review where they have compared it with Dzire, Logan and (gasp!) Ikon. Agreed Manza is not a performance oriented car, but I see no reason why it should not be compared/ slotted with the Fiesta, Verna, Linea and SX4. Price could be one factor but surely that's not the only one while slotting a car in the C segment's subsegments?
Old 23rd November 2009, 12:13   #389
Senior - BHPian

In the previous thread on the Manza, pics showed the cars to have alloys with the Tata logo in the middle.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1533927-post53.html

Is this just a one off case of making some alloys, or are these available as genuine accesories from the dealers?Anyone who have taken TDs have any idea about this and if available at what price?

Even my family is looking to go in for a Manza, but we will wait for a few months to look at how good(or bad) the build quality is. And also if this car too takes on the role of the older Indigo and goes on to become a favourite among the taxi operators.
Old 23rd November 2009, 13:24   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
In the previous thread on the Manza, pics showed the cars to have alloys with the Tata logo in the middle.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1533927-post53.html

Is this just a one off case of making some alloys, or are these available as genuine accesories from the dealers?Anyone who have taken TDs have any idea about this and if available at what price?
Even i had seen the alloys in the previous thread. So went and asked dealer (Prerana in Bengaluru) on availability of alloys as accesories from Tata but as per dealer No Alloys are available for Manza as of now.

Most Viewed