Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2009, 13:25   #361
BHPian

Good job GTO once again, as usual. Good to see Tata continuously improving- that's the way to go. So Manza is a good car, or so everyone is saying. I still have to go and have a look at the car. Had taken our Linea to the dealership for oil & coolant top up and so went to the sales area to have a looksy at Manza and guess what! The salesman said all the 6 Manzas that had come had been sold and so they didn't have any for display? TD cars were also away. So it seems that Manza's created an impact. I think Manza's development has benefitted a lot from Fiat-Tata JV and IMHO Manza is going to hit Dzire the most and not Linea, as I've read in some of the posts. Anyway lets see.
Old 19th November 2009, 15:41   #362
BHPian

"Fuel injector supply problems", "ABS manufacturer problems"...

Hope Tata comes out with a half/ quarter pager ad outlining exactly why deliveries are getting delayed and puts this speculation at rest. It isn't helping the sales any...

Or better like Maruti (for Dzire), put a sign at dealers giving the expected delays in getting delivery for different Manza variants...
Old 19th November 2009, 16:41   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil Albal View Post
Hey guys,
I brought Home my new Corolla Altis and Indigo Manza! give me a couple of days till I can give a detail experience of Manza.
congratulations, wow corolla altis and indigo manza, two different set of cars you brought.Waiting to hear more from you.
Old 19th November 2009, 17:54   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
congratulations, wow corolla altis and indigo manza, two different set of cars you brought.Waiting to hear more from you.
I've been busy at work for over two weeks but cound'nt stop myself from
testing a manza petrol which I'm planning to acquire in sometime. I just loved the drive.The interiors parts quality are not that great , but I can live with that.
But the engine was punchy and the gearbox awesome.

I'm starting a new thread on wishful thinking with the Manza!
Old 19th November 2009, 19:25   #365
BHPian

Hi all,
My first Post. I have booked Manza Quadrajet Aura ABS Monarch Red on 27th Oct.
But still waiting for the delivery, Today called dealer and got the same reason of "Problem with ABS and Airbags model" which was given to few other customers, But he has offered Minimal Grey Aura ABS which can be delivered by Next Tuesday. Will think and Confirm on the same to him by Tommorow.Hope will get confirmation on mera wala colour by tomorrow.
Old 19th November 2009, 19:36   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAE40 in veins View Post
OK OK Manza may not be a looker but how on earth is the Dzire better off when it's got the worst boot job ever on the planet. Are you Mr Osamu Suzuki in Disguise in this forum.
+1 on that. And the Golden Boot on the backside (pun intended) award goes to Dzire for the most grotesque and hideous Dicky ever to pass muster. And there are no runners up , the Dzire's dicky is in a class of its own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalker View Post
"Fuel injector supply problems", "ABS manufacturer problems"...
That's original.. where did you hear that man?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 20th November 2009 at 19:29. Reason: Please read the note in post, thanks
Old 20th November 2009, 07:56   #367

Quote:
Hey guys,
I brought Home my new Corolla Altis and Indigo Manza! give me a couple of days till I can give a detail experience of Manza.
Wow! Two cars on a day? Congratulations and congratulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil@Bengaluru View Post
But he has offered Minimal Grey Aura ABS which can be delivered by Next Tuesday.
This is where I am confused. Where did they get an ABS model if there are problems in manufacturing that one? What is the probability they still have an early model that is not delivered to a customer? Or are they making very few models of ABS?
Old 20th November 2009, 11:24   #368
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by brand india View Post
simply impressed. more so by the reveiw
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Good job GTO once again, as usual.
Thanks dudes!

Quote:
TATA has its niggling issues here and there.
This is Tata's single biggest challenge, and top most on their priority list. They have to consistently produce niggle-free cars. That's precisely the first point of negatives in my review.

Quote:
give me a couple of days till I can give a detail experience of Manza.
Congrats! We look forward to a detailed ownership report (new thread please).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rite2shree View Post
It seems Tata's are having issues with the ABS manufacturers and therefore the ABS equipped models will not be produced till the issues are sorted out.
Unfortunate. Looks like Tata hurried with the launch to time with the festive season. Any informed buyer will opt only for the ABS variants.
Old 20th November 2009, 14:57   #369
Senior - BHPian

Just had a small TD of the Manza Quadrajet

What i liked
  • The front looks nice and the chrome makes it look better
  • Interior quality is way way better than previous Gen Indigo
  • Seat position and visibility is better than previous Gen
  • Acres of space in rear + awesome comfort
  • More proportioned rear looks compared to Dzire
  • Gearbox was suprisingly not rubbery , though its still not as good as a Dzire
  • Sheer VFM

What i didnt like:-

• No Alloys
  • Steering wheel design
  • Still room for improvement in quality
I think this is a great product by Tata. If i were to choose between Dzire and Manza , i think i would go ahead with the Manza inspite of Dzire having
better driving feel and better A.S.S. If Tata makes sure there are no niggles then im sure there would be more people who would accept it over Dzire.
Old 20th November 2009, 16:03   #370
BHPian

Supply Problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
That's original.. where did you hear that man?
Right here on this thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by svdath View Post
I am not sure if any one of saw in the newspapers that the Pune TATA plant is stopping production due to shortage in fuel injectors supply. May be that is what is causing the delay in the other production plants too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rite2shree View Post
I have come across a 'Breaking news' (not sure if its BREAKING). It seems Tata's are having issues with the ABS manufacturers and therefore the ABS equipped models will not be produced till the issues are sorted out. Only the Aqua's and Aura's for both variants will be available. Others will have to wait at least a month.
Old 20th November 2009, 19:10   #371
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Just had a small TD of the Manza Quadrajet

What i liked
  • The front looks nice and the chrome makes it look better
  • Interior quality is way way better than previous Gen Indigo
  • Seat position and visibility is better than previous Gen
  • Acres of space in rear + awesome comfort
  • More proportioned rear looks compared to Dzire
  • Gearbox was suprisingly not rubbery , though its still not as good as a Dzire
  • Sheer VFM

What i didnt like:-

• No Alloys
  • Steering wheel design
  • Still room for improvement in quality
Thanks for sharing your comments. Could say they match mine to the T
Old 21st November 2009, 13:20   #372

Well, latest update regarding Manza delivery: I checked out at Wasan Motors, they confirmed AURA+ shall get delivered not later than coming week. While in showroom, I saw, there were 3 Manza's ready for delivery, with registration number placed on the body of car. Though they were basic models. If mera wala Red really gets delivered by next week, then really it would be great from Dealer's perspective as they had committed delivery in 4 weeks. I had booked on 22nd Oct. Dealer confirmed as such there are no problem at TATA Plant & cars deliveries are as per schedule only.

Cheers,
Ethereal
Old 21st November 2009, 14:05   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethereal View Post
Well, latest update regarding Manza delivery: I checked out at Wasan Motors, they confirmed AURA+ shall get delivered not later than coming week. While in showroom, I saw, there were 3 Manza's ready for delivery, with registration number placed on the body of car. Though they were basic models. If mera wala Red really gets delivered by next week, then really it would be great from Dealer's perspective as they had committed delivery in 4 weeks. I had booked on 22nd Oct. Dealer confirmed as such there are no problem at TATA Plant & cars deliveries are as per schedule only.

Cheers,
Ethereal
this is what many are looking to see from tata motors, prompt delivery and as per schedule, wish to see your red soon with you.
Old 21st November 2009, 15:32   #374
BHPian

wonderful review GTO

One more wonderful review by GTO.
Manza is definitely a huge leap forward for Tata, keeping in mind the build quality and interiors of their earlier cars.

I am sure this wil be a hit for Tata. But I really dont understand why they sell the new cars like Vista & Manza with the names of the older cars (Indica & Indigo) as prefix.
Old 21st November 2009, 19:05   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryskt View Post
But I really dont understand why they sell the new cars like Vista & Manza with the names of the older cars (Indica & Indigo) as prefix.
Beats me too! Just because Vista is an INDICA Vista and the Manza, an INDIGO Manza, I know at least two chaps who are shying away from buying them. Maybe some hotshot MBA can shed some light on this apparently retrograde step?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks