Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2009, 17:27   #346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Hi guys,

As I had mentioned in my test drive observations I didnt feel the pulsations of the ABS kicking in when I braked hard. Can anyone tell me why is it so? I can very clearly feel the ABS pulsations in Linea?
At what speed did you try braking from? Probably at lower speeds the ABS might not get activated.
Old 17th November 2009, 18:32   #347
Distinguished - BHPian

Brake pedal in a ABS equipped car only kicks back when the wheel lock.
Old 17th November 2009, 18:42   #348
BHPian

Dzire - A better looker !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
i have personally seen this car in the showroom which was parked just beside a Visata, ans its almost impossible to guess that its not Visat. On the back side, man someone welded a trunk. It looks horrible from the back.
Yeah dont compare with DZire
OK OK Manza may not be a looker but how on earth is the Dzire better off when it's got the worst boot job ever on the planet. Are you Mr Osamu Suzuki in Disguise in this forum.
Old 17th November 2009, 23:14   #349
BHPian

Abs??

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
At what speed did you try braking from? Probably at lower speeds the ABS might not get activated.
I braked at around 80km/hr, the braking was impressive though no pulsations???
Old 18th November 2009, 01:00   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I braked at around 80km/hr, the braking was impressive though no pulsations???
If braking was effective what is the concern? Thats what brakes are meant for, why do you care about the pulsations? If there is ABS system fitted in a car it will work when required, i dont understand why everybody wants to check if it works??
Old 18th November 2009, 07:56   #351

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post

@sumujumdar - Some of us won the watch cum SIM card reader gift. What did you win?.

Vijay
Yes I did get SIM card reader earlier, that was the shortlisting stage. Now I have won the chauffer driven Manza for a day. The details are on

Indigo Manza – Manza Zone
Old 18th November 2009, 08:03   #352
BHPian

Difference in ABC action between linea and manza

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
If braking was effective what is the concern? Thats what brakes are meant for, why do you care about the pulsations? If there is ABS system fitted in a car it will work when required, i dont understand why everybody wants to check if it works??
@ Anshuman- more than checking if the ABS works, I m more interested to know that why is there a difference between the ABS kick in of Linea and Manza .

And anshuman Aura ABS is for 6.3 OTR in Mumbai. I can live with the fact that the braking is good so its ok. But there are those also for whom this will be the first car which has all the basic safety features like ABS, seatbelt pre-tensioners etc and for many of them 6.3L OTR is not exactly very easy to dish out so they would definitely like to see for what features are they paying a premium of approximately 35-45 k over Aura.
Old 18th November 2009, 10:08   #353
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@ Anshuman- more than checking if the ABS works, I m more interested to know that why is there a difference between the ABS kick in of Linea and Manza .

And anshuman Aura ABS is for 6.3 OTR in Mumbai. I can live with the fact that the braking is good so its ok. But there are those also for whom this will be the first car which has all the basic safety features like ABS, seatbelt pre-tensioners etc and for many of them 6.3L OTR is not exactly very easy to dish out so they would definitely like to see for what features are they paying a premium of approximately 35-45 k over Aura.
Just like the braking system where every car has a differently tuned brakes while sporting similar hardware the ABS system in all the cars differently calibrated, this is reason why some kick in early while others let the tires lockup a bit more. Its all about how the manufacturer tunes it according to the car.
Old 18th November 2009, 11:02   #354
BHPian

Manza's Gearbox

Well written GTO. You absolutely detail every aspect of the car that you test drive. Wonderful again. On our national engine 1.3 MJD, hows the feel of gearbox used in Dzire and Manza? I know Manza uses Fiat's gearbox and Dzire uses Jap (Suzuki's gearbox? Which one is reliable when compared?

I heard Fiat gearbox is more reliable than the Jap gearboxes especially in 1.3 mjd versions out here in india.

All - Please provide inputs on this.
Old 18th November 2009, 12:29   #355
BHPian

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Just like the braking system where every car has a differently tuned brakes while sporting similar hardware the ABS system in all the cars differently calibrated, this is reason why some kick in early while others let the tires lockup a bit more. Its all about how the manufacturer tunes it according to the car.
Thanks Anshuman. I guess i ll take a TD again and try locking the wheels better
Old 18th November 2009, 18:15   #356
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by itszain View Post
On our national engine 1.3 MJD, hows the feel of gearbox used in Dzire and Manza? I know Manza uses Fiat's gearbox and Dzire uses Jap (Suzuki's gearbox?
The Dzire's gearbox is better to use, typical Jap slick shifting gear quality.
Old 18th November 2009, 21:30   #357

this is the first thing i stumbled upon. and heres my first 2 cents. simply impressed. more so by the reveiw than the car which to me looks like indica with knee transplants from outside. TATA has its niggling issues here and there. wish this does well to improve their passenger car image. hopes rest more on these than JLRs

Moderator's Note

Please take care to type in proper English and avoid typing...like...this....

Thanks
Old 19th November 2009, 09:23   #358
BHPian

I have come across a 'Breaking news' (not sure if its BREAKING). It seems Tata's are having issues with the ABS manufacturers and therefore the ABS equipped models will not be produced till the issues are sorted out. Only the Aqua's and Aura's for both variants will be available. Others will have to wait at least a month.
Old 19th November 2009, 10:41   #359

Hey guys,
I brought Home my new Corolla Altis and Indigo Manza! give me a couple of days till I can give a detail experience of Manza.
Old 19th November 2009, 11:55   #360

Quote:
Originally Posted by rite2shree View Post
I have come across a 'Breaking news' (not sure if its BREAKING). It seems Tata's are having issues with the ABS manufacturers and therefore the ABS equipped models will not be produced till the issues are sorted out. Only the Aqua's and Aura's for both variants will be available. Others will have to wait at least a month.
I second that. I have heard similar chatter, except I was told the problem is only for petrol models, and diesel models are available in all variants. Therefore they are 'encouraging' their customers to convert to diesel, or settle for a lower variant in petrol.

Issues with ABS manufacturers? That does not sound good at all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks