Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2009, 19:23   #331
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pats View Post
The deliveries would have hardly started as of yet. TATA launched the Manza in a hurry to secure the Diwali bookings but i don't think they are geared to deliver the Manza's in large volumes as yet.

Realistically it will be Jan10 and beyond when we might start seeing the Manza frequently on roads.
Just to clarify, AFAIK none of the dealers in Hyderabad are 'delivering' new manza, they are just giving away the first lot they got on launch. May be Autofin had more due to a)large godown and b)showrooms & sales rep work in better co-ordination.
As I had mentioned in my post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...e-finally.html had to scout for a car already in showrooms and ended up picking a demo car after clarifying that they had separate TD vehicles and the demo car did not have any niggles due to testing it might have been subjected to by over enthusiastic customer while on display.

Vijay
Old 16th November 2009, 04:24   #332
BHPian

Does anyone know what is the sales target of Manza, or how many cars are they planning to sell yearly/ monthly?
Old 16th November 2009, 09:28   #333
Senior - BHPian

Saw Manza in flesh at AUTOMALL, I am impressed. Rear seat and leg space are awesome.
Old 16th November 2009, 12:21   #334
BHPian

Great to hear the that TATA has worked on the gear and hard accelerator/ clutch pedal.
This Car is really going to give a tough fight to all entry level sedans.
There is currently very little rationale in choosing other sedans over the Manza, unless other manufacturers decide to start providing better equipments with their cars with more reasonable prices.
Old 16th November 2009, 13:24   #335
BHPian

Got a call from another Tata dealer. He is maintaining that the car will get delivered in 3 to 4 weeks from booking.

But reading what Vijoy had to do, looks like credibility of TATA is the first thing on sale :-)
Old 16th November 2009, 15:14   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagz View Post
10x Mate.
booked at CARGO MOTORS opp rajpath club.
as i already told new to the world of 4-wheelers( 1st car ) so kinda skeptic abt all this RTO & registration stff so left it to the dealer.
Called up cargo motors today they said you can collect invoice by monday and delivery within a week's time. sounds unreal? keeping in mind d great cry abt full upfront payment as discussed in few other posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagz View Post
Was at dealership a few days back for the TD and for checking the status of my car....
Saw the first MANZA(Diesel) being handed over to the proud owners must say few lucky ones...
Quickly approached the sales guy and inquired abt my car status.....
Firstly,he told they have not received any petrol cars as of now and might take few weeks to arrive....
Secondly,told me if i need delivery urgently can arrange for a diesel very next day but as my running would be relatively low said no....he promised me to deliver the car on 22nd ...but i seriously doubt
As discussed in few above posts abt dealers asking for the full payment no such demand from me as of now ....i have told him very strictly the unless i inspect(PDI) and TD the car at his facility wont give any payment to which he has agreed...
yes, have seen few diesel manza getting deliveries, so yup things have started, and hope to see your car coming soon as well.Cargo Motors are one of the best sellers for tata cars in Ahmedabad, and also one of the worst in servicing, not that they are too bad but their attitude is worst in my experiences so far.Try to meet Maulik Upadhyay if he's still there in their service department for your further services, nice chap.Lets meet once.Keep updating your status of your booking.
Old 16th November 2009, 16:44   #337
BHPian

Manza in Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil.kumbhar View Post
It's been long time that Tata has launched Manza. But being in Tata's Pune, I have not seen a single Manza on road. Why is it so?
I did see one last week near Holkar bridge during peak commute time... Was a dark green/ gray petrol one, not sure if it was a TD vehicle.

Looking out of the corner of my eye, when the first wheel had just passed, my initial thought was 'Indigo' before the brain kicked in and said 'hold on'... The rest of it looks quite unique and has a good road presence!
Old 17th November 2009, 09:56   #338
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
By pricing the manza more than the dzire, and also by giving it a bigger engine, the manza is more expensive to buy and to own too. In india for any diesel car to do well it has to be very fuel effcient, take the ford fiesta for example. It has beaten the verna black and blue in spite of hyundai's great service back up. So the manza will sell well, but not in huge volumes like the dzire. Is that what the tatas want?
Yep but the Manza will beat the Feista, Verna & SX4 black and blue as you mention all put together, dzire may be another story - being a maruti, but it should be able to match it on a minimim level.
Old 17th November 2009, 13:16   #339

Wake Up TATA

Monday was the day i was asked to collect my INVOICE for the outside insurance purpose called up the sales guy in morning lame excuses i was not well someone in family died blah blah.

Told me to collect my invoice aftr 5pm, till 8pm no call from the ZUZU lukalike sales guy (man he dosent even understand basic Hindi forget abt English) around 8.30 barged in the showroom and asked for senior sales manager again that ZOMBI was in a lost world of his own. Somehow managed to explain him my concern and got in touch with the sr manager.

Asked him about the status of my car he said the problem is from the TATA'S end they had asked dealership to give 3 to 4 weeks commitment and now not even bothered to fulfill it.

For instance dew white was booked by a customer saying it would take 3 weeks at max to get delivered on 14th oct yesterday the dealership received an email from TATA asking to give another 8 weeks of waiting for the dew white color. i mean total nuisance stff going around with TATA'S on the first hand they should not take up bookings giving false commitments, like previously at the time of booking d'zire grey color i was told told upfront a waiting period of 3 to 5 months.

Coming back to my story the manager asked me to go for a NOIR GREY insted of black as the billing of it is almost done for some other customer(den y is he giving me the car). With no choice left i was told by the manger that wud give a final update on black color by today 12 pm its 1pm and no call so far.

Dont know if cancelling the booking of D'zire was a wise move or a big mistake

TATA seriously needs to rethink their marketing strategy if they wish to succeed with such a refined product offering and dealership should at lest have some hiring standards for heavens sake, rather than a bunch of ZUZU'S/ZOMBI'S running the show.

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th November 2009 at 13:22. Reason: Readability, please take time and pucntuate the posts. Thanks
Old 17th November 2009, 13:50   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigautobuff View Post
Just saw on facebook ... today they are going to announce the winners of that contest they had taken.. finally ... anybody here on facebook ? do you get updates for manza?
by the way guys.. my uncle was willing to buy a premium and powerful car .. 10 lakhs and above .. i convinced him to test drive 2 .. first was Cruze and the other is manza.. he prefers the cruze though ..,.
Old 17th November 2009, 14:18   #341
BHPian

Any ideas how many Manzas Tatas have booked? I am yet to see a single one on road therefore I guess deliveries are slow.
Old 17th November 2009, 15:41   #342
Senior - BHPian

gagz, thats not a good thing to hear, something tata seriously needs to work on, if the same waitlist thing starts from tata's end as well, people would rather opt to wait for maruti instead.
Did you checked with other dealers as well, Swati,Aspi motors, whats their delivery status, do check.If you can get in touch with Dr.Amit in our forum who's from ahmedabad and knows people in Aspi motors and if they can deliver you early, switch over to them.
Old 17th November 2009, 15:46   #343

IndulgeinManza contest

Hey BHPites,

Remember the IndulgeinManza contest? I am the winner from Mumbai .

Indigo Manza : Manza Zone

Any other winners on TBHP?
Old 17th November 2009, 16:24   #344
BHPian

ABS issue???

Hi guys,

As I had mentioned in my test drive observations I didnt feel the pulsations of the ABS kicking in when I braked hard. Can anyone tell me why is it so? I can very clearly feel the ABS pulsations in Linea? help.Vista anniversary edition gets leather seats + alloys , why cant Tata give the same for Aura + man. I hope they start giving that in the next lots.
Old 17th November 2009, 17:02   #345
BANNED

@vijaythacker - I happened to mail Atul Renvikar who is the GM for Tata regarding Manza booking delays and within few hours he had forwarded the mail to Jalaj Gupta(regional manager for south)to look into this and with note regretting the delay. The day before when I updated that I had indeed picked up a demo car, he replied complementing & asking for dealer details. Am impressed at the promptness of higher management. Hope the same percolates down to the clueless dealers and salesmen.
Like I had mentioned earlier, Tata has no plans of ABS for this month at least as per concorde GM here. May be lower end petrol and diesel cars will be available easily.
And also as someone pointed out in the thread it was naive of us to believe the 3-4 weeks commitments made by tata for any of their new cars given their track of not being able to keep up to commitments even on recent cars like Vista & Punto.

@sumujumdar - Some of us won the watch cum SIM card reader gift. What did you win?.

Vijay

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks