Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2009, 09:12   #316
BHPian

Thanks -NUT-case, pats & sumujumdar for the wishes. Hey pats, now that you saw a White Manza at Concorde, I would be grateful if you could post some pictures.

Got a chance to testdrive a Grey Noir last friday at Pandit. The left side of the test vehicle's rear bumper was already damaged(apparently driven recklessly by one of their staff). The test drive itself was short(about 1km) as the vehicle had a temporary registration number.

According to the sales guy "Since some approval is pending from the Transport commisioner, we cannot register the cars and bring them on road, thats why we are using temporary registration. Hence deliveries are also getting delayed". Dont know how far this is true?
Old 14th November 2009, 09:32   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
2) I really don’t know why but the ride quality in petrol was much better in petrol than in diesel. Please don’t get me wrong here, what I mean is both the cars absorbed the bumps at low speeds but the petrol one just absorbed the bumps the moment it touched them where as the diesel one went over the bumps and then absorbed them.
Difference in tyre pressures in the two vehicles ? Or the extra weight of the diesel engine upfront ?
Old 14th November 2009, 12:14   #318
BHPian

Hey Guys, Was pleasantly surprised when the dealer at Delhi said that he'd send a car for TD to our office, and was even more surprised when a maroon Aura Diesel landed at our reception right on time! both the accompanying guys were quite well clued up about the car and the Manza won many a heart that day.
Well, on TD,
1. I (and another guy who drives an esteem) noted that the steering effort reqd is much more than in my boss's Dzire VDI which you can literally turn with one finger.
2. secondly the Air flow that comes out at full blast from the AC is much less than the Dzire which literally blows away your hair.
3. The Turbo punch is awesome but the pickup and the perkiness is not discernable compared to a Dzire which has 15 bhp less
4. Front main AC vents' edges were sort of serrated and not in smooth flowing lines. Tata has to sort ot these minor quality issues if it wants to seriously take on formidable rivals like the dzire.
5. The cabin is so spacious that kids could play in it! and the rear is sprung like a proper sedan, even with three guys in the back, the car remained level unlike the boss's Dzire which sits down at rear with three guys in the back like a Dakota about to take off.
6. The TD car was again a regular car with the odometer cable removed and not a demo car. I think the dealers are trying to maximise their sales at customer's cost. God be with the guy who buys the car and carefully does the running in, whose 0-60 was checked by five guys including yours truly, and even maxed it in first to check when the RPM needle turns red!

Have made up my mind to book either an Aqua or an Aura Diesel one yr from now, like I did with my Indica which I purcased exactly one yr after its launch in year of the lord 1999, after the initial hassles were taken care of, including crazy TDs of customers cars.
Old 14th November 2009, 13:03   #319
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
The turbo lag was pretty evident till around 2k but the way it kicked in was simply awesome.
Spot on! I don't know what the variable turbo is doing, the action only starts after 2,000 rpms.

Quote:
I really don’t know why but the ride quality in petrol was much better in petrol than in diesel.
I suspect a difference in tyre air pressure.

Quote:
In the short drive I braked hard @ 80km/hr and the car stops in an impressive manner
Amazing isn't it? Hard to believe such braking in a Tata car.

Quote:
After all the observations on this forum as well as by myself, the first thing I observed when I entered the cabin was the cabin temperature and guess what ??? It showed 35 degrees.

Quote:
The ORVM controls are a breeze to operate and very precise. Unlike reported in ACI I found the view thru the ORVMs quite adequate .
I found them to be adequate. They are taller than you'd expect too.

Quote:
The gear box of the petrol was much smoother than that of the diesel which felt a bit grainy on the TD cars no idea why since both have C549s.
This, and your comment on the petrols ride quality, makes me believe that the diesel could have had substantially more abusive mileage on the odo than the petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
The Turbo punch is awesome but the pickup and the perkiness is not discernable compared to a Dzire which has 15 bhp less
True. Despite an inferior power to weight ratio, the Dzire feels quicker than the Manza.
Old 14th November 2009, 13:31   #320
BHPian

gosh! TATA has really spent a lot of time on this one. the mirror, vanity lights and stuff- really impressive. i am a big fan of the space in my uncles indigo and i truly admire the interiors of this one, it looks great for a 6L car. the exterior could have been better though.
Old 14th November 2009, 14:51   #321
Senior - BHPian

saw the first manza on roads, after checking out at showrooms, and it really looked good, has good presence and doesnt feel like added boot to vista anyway, infact looks proper sedan, was a silver one.Way to go Tata.
Old 14th November 2009, 15:23   #322

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
welcome to teambhp and congratulations on your booking.Which dealer did you booked your carwith.Nothings wrong to get your insurance outside, it does saves some cash.You can also try to get your registeration of RTO on yourself as well which would save some more cash.Keep updating on your progress.
10x Mate.
booked at CARGO MOTORS opp rajpath club.
as i already told new to the world of 4-wheelers( 1st car ) so kinda skeptic abt all this RTO & registration stff so left it to the dealer.
Called up cargo motors today they said you can collect invoice by monday and delivery within a week's time. sounds unreal? keeping in mind d great cry abt full upfront payment as discussed in few other posts.
Old 14th November 2009, 15:45   #323

Was at dealership a few days back for the TD and for checking the status of my car....
Saw the first MANZA(Diesel) being handed over to the proud owners must say few lucky ones...
Quickly approached the sales guy and inquired abt my car status.....
Firstly,he told they have not received any petrol cars as of now and might take few weeks to arrive....
Secondly,told me if i need delivery urgently can arrange for a diesel very next day but as my running would be relatively low said no....he promised me to deliver the car on 22nd ...but i seriously doubt
As discussed in few above posts abt dealers asking for the full payment no such demand from me as of now ....i have told him very strictly the unless i inspect(PDI) and TD the car at his facility wont give any payment to which he has agreed...
Old 14th November 2009, 19:02   #324
BHPian

Pardon this, but iam a complete newbie to both tbhp and world of 4-wheelers, hence this OT post - Mods, pls feel free to redirect me to an appropriate thread -
Is Manza diesel a good option purely for engine excellence?
Manza Petrol is most sensible for me since the likely running will be max 800 to 900 km/month. Is it worth switching over to Manza Diesel? I know my running is low; also, I have the following concerns regarding the QJD engine.:
1. Diesel maintenance - I have tried searching this forum for various threads on this topic. Most of them seem out-dated (no QJD-specific threads). I know maintaining older diesel engines were a painful affair. Will QJD be any better. I realise QJD is a more modern engine. Seniors/experts, pls clarify with personal experiences, if any.
2. NVH levels - deal breaker for me :( I have read thru various reviews that NVH on QJD Vista and Manza are top class with the occupants not realising its a diesel under the bonnet. But what about the exterior noise? I don't want to wake up my neighbours everytime i start the car!! I say this due to a recent experience. A Hyundai i20 CRDI cab (yes, i20 cab! - i pinched myself and reconfirmed) recently came to my office complex and i was shocked by the amount of noise the car was making at idle. It was super new and what ugly kat-kat! It was no different from a much-abused Indica. And i20 is supposed to be a "modern" car! I just don't want to drive in to a relatives house and they mistaking a truck has come instead.
3. Resale to private owners - astonishingly, most of my colleagues feel a diesel TATA will have a high resale only if the buyer is a fleet operator. A private owner may not prefer a 5-year old diesel TATA car. Is this true? Vista is too new in market, so do we have any hard facts to say otherwise?
Old 15th November 2009, 11:31   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Pardon this, but iam a complete newbie to both tbhp and world of 4-wheelers, hence this OT post - Mods, pls feel free to redirect me to an appropriate thread -
I really think you have under estimated Tata cars and about its performance. IMO the diesel manza is silent , it will never wake your neighbours nor your relatives doubt that truck has entered their house.
Its really silent and the inmates never know that there is a diesel hood running under the bonnet.

The sound of the engine externally heard is really neligible. Offcourse thanks to the 1.3 MJD, a much proven success story which has proved its sucess in many cars till now. I am sure that as of now at this price tag, the Manza is a real value for money and don't ever have a second opinion at this price tag. There is no compromise in the quality of the engine and gearbox as its of Fiat. The interior looks a bit flimsy. The features are rich in value. And definitly its a good buy.

And as far as your opion about the i20 crdi. Sorry i haven't test driven or nor happened to hear the crdi engine noise, so no commments about that!!!!!!!!!!
Old 15th November 2009, 12:03   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagz View Post
Was at dealership a few days back for the TD and for checking the status of my car....
Saw the first MANZA(Diesel) being handed over to the proud owners must say few lucky ones...
Quickly approached the sales guy and inquired abt my car status.....
Firstly,he told they have not received any petrol cars as of now and might take few weeks to arrive....
Secondly,told me if i need delivery urgently can arrange for a diesel very next day but as my running would be relatively low said no....he promised me to deliver the car on 22nd ...but i seriously doubt
As discussed in few above posts abt dealers asking for the full payment no such demand from me as of now ....i have told him very strictly the unless i inspect(PDI) and TD the car at his facility wont give any payment to which he has agreed...
+1 to that. Looks like deliveries of the Manza have started. TBHP already has one owner. You can find the thread here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...e-finally.html

Also, as per the owner, the temp guage seems to be working fine, so no worries on that
Old 15th November 2009, 13:04   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
Thanks -NUT-case, pats & sumujumdar for the wishes. Hey pats, now that you saw a White Manza at Concorde, I would be grateful if you could post some pictures.

Got a chance to testdrive a Grey Noir last friday at Pandit. The left side of the test vehicle's rear bumper was already damaged(apparently driven recklessly by one of their staff). The test drive itself was short(about 1km) as the vehicle had a temporary registration number.

According to the sales guy "Since some approval is pending from the Transport commisioner, we cannot register the cars and bring them on road, thats why we are using temporary registration. Hence deliveries are also getting delayed". Dont know how far this is true?

Sorry, Did not click any pictures of the white Manza but i can tell you that the white colour is not a Pure white as in i20,honda city but it is little like a creamish white more closer to almond colour, if you know what i mean.

Personally though i liked the silver(minimal grey) and it gives the car a upmarket look.
Old 15th November 2009, 14:56   #328
BHPian

It's been long time that Tata has launched Manza. But being in Tata's Pune, I have not seen a single Manza on road. Why is it so?
Old 15th November 2009, 17:39   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil.kumbhar View Post
It's been long time that Tata has launched Manza. But being in Tata's Pune, I have not seen a single Manza on road. Why is it so?

The deliveries would have hardly started as of yet. TATA launched the Manza in a hurry to secure the Diwali bookings but i don't think they are geared to deliver the Manza's in large volumes as yet.

Realistically it will be Jan10 and beyond when we might start seeing the Manza frequently on roads.
Old 15th November 2009, 19:10   #330
Senior - BHPian

I may be wrong and I'm sure its too early to comment on the sucess of the Manza, but my feeling is that Tata have not fully capitalised on the lack of a solid competition to the dzire. You see, the dzire has been selling like hot cakes purely due to its affordable diesel variant and also for its Fuel efficiency. By pricing the manza more than the dzire, and also by giving it a bigger engine, the manza is more expensive to buy and to own too. In india for any diesel car to do well it has to be very fuel effcient, take the ford fiesta for example. It has beaten the verna black and blue in spite of hyundai's great service back up. So the manza will sell well, but not in huge volumes like the dzire. Is that what the tatas want?

Most Viewed