Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2009, 12:28   #256

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
I too succumbed to this color after seeing the first snaps on motoroids and booked. 25 days after booking, concorde is clueless on when mera wala red will be shipped from factory

cheers,
Vijay
Well, I had checked with my dealer last friday, they say, Currently petrol version of Manza ABS is on production line, since most the bookings are for Manza AURA ABS only.
My dealer has received only 2 bookings for MANZA AURA+, & they are not sure when would the production start. However dealer offered me to switch from AURA+ to AURA ABS for urgent delivery, which they are expecting by next week. But I declined & said, I would go for AURA+ only.
Thats the story of Mera wala Red

Ethereal
Old 9th November 2009, 12:47   #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmatharu View Post
Sure, this side profile is one of the best.
Set it as my wall paper.
Well, the chrome line accentuates the look quite a bit. Consider this edited image, which, while attractive enough, does not match up to the original in my opinion. The aura+ will look more elegant than the aura(abs). Incidentally, the chrome fittings on the door handles are not very evident in the original. (Didn't consider editing that.)
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-chrome_nochrome_redmanza_side.jpg  

Old 9th November 2009, 12:52   #258
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethereal View Post
Well, I had checked with my dealer last friday, they say, Currently petrol version of Manza ABS is on production line, since most the bookings are for Manza AURA ABS only.
My dealer has received only 2 bookings for MANZA AURA+, & they are not sure when would the production start. However dealer offered me to switch from AURA+ to AURA ABS for urgent delivery, which they are expecting by next week. But I declined & said, I would go for AURA+ only.
Thats the story of Mera wala Red

Ethereal
Actually I booked Aura ABS Saffire itself and not Aura+.
But your update that they are most booked & in production are a bit assuring.
Old 9th November 2009, 12:58   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumujumdar View Post
Well, the chrome line accentuates the look quite a bit. Consider this edited image, which, while attractive enough, does not match up to the original in my opinion. The aura+ will look more elegant than the aura(abs). Incidentally, the chrome fittings on the door handles are not very evident in the original. (Didn't consider editing that.)
Well, if the chrome strips are the only criteria, I guess they will be available as accessories and then fitted separately.

The Aura+ has more to do with the airbags, seat belt pretensioners/load limiters and electric ORVM's available in that trim. The other feature differences between these models seem quite insignificant and surely can be fitted aftermarket without affecting warranty.

Last edited by gomzi : 9th November 2009 at 13:00.
Old 9th November 2009, 12:59   #260
BHPian

GTO, not sure if anyone else would give such a detailed review as you have done, commendable, had also seen your review on Fortuner, a real head turner and sure incites desires in you to work towards owning them,,cheers maju
Old 9th November 2009, 13:50   #261
Team-BHP Support

I sat in a Manza yesterday.
Love the space inside.

When the sun visor is brought down partially such that its perpendicular to the floor, the driver cannot see the road.
Its ok when its placed against the windscreen.
But sometimes the sun at low angles needs the visor in this blocking position.
Did anyone else find this as an issue?

thanks,
Old 9th November 2009, 15:55   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumujumdar View Post
As much as I remember, The Aura, Aura ABS and Aura+ comes with chrome on the sides(the dealer said so) and AURA + has it even on the Bumper and on the Rear.
The TD vehicle that I drove was an Aura and not an Aura+, but it still had chrome on the doors( not the handles). I have taken some snaps of the TD vehicle. Will upload it in the evening.
Old 9th November 2009, 16:15   #263

Quote:
Originally Posted by rite2shree View Post
As much as I remember, The Aura, Aura ABS and Aura+ comes with chrome on the sides(the dealer said so) and AURA + has it even on the Bumper and on the Rear.
The TD vehicle that I drove was an Aura and not an Aura+, but it still had chrome on the doors( not the handles). I have taken some snaps of the TD vehicle. Will upload it in the evening.
Really? That sounds good then. I was told the chrome on the side comes only in Aura+, and the brochure says so too. The rest get a plastic strip insert instead, which would not be as conspicuous as chrome. As someone said earlier, it will have to be bought as accessories later.
Old 9th November 2009, 17:19   #264
BANNED

Chrome strip in hood comes for all. On top of that the inserts on rub rails and door handles comes for Aura+ only.

-Vijay
Old 9th November 2009, 17:20   #265
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Was planning to wait for around 6 months post launch so that the next lot of Manza's with the niggles ironed out is available.
Smart decision. The car that rolls out a couple of months down the line will have initial niggles sorted out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Did anyone drive the petrol one? I would love to hear about that too. GTO any input here?
JK, had only a short spin in the petrol. Initial impression posted on the first page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
I feel that Manza diesel is superior to manza petrol.
The diesel Manza makes infinitely more sense to buy than the petrol.

Quote:
the petrol engine makes a bit of noise. Looks like that the petrol engine is a bit less refined than the diesel one.
It's an Italian engine . Bound to make more noise than we are accustomed to. Look up my Punto review, similar observations.
Old 9th November 2009, 18:13   #266
Senior - BHPian

Reverse parking sensor for Manza

People,

Need small info about Reverse parking sensor for Manza. One of my friends has booked Manza here in Bangalore.

He advised that quote made by dealership for reverse parking sensor is on higher side, so he wants to go for aftermarket.

Dealer advised that fitting third party reverse parking sensor wont avoid warranty. Is it so?

Also, my friend wants to know reliable shop in Bangalore where he can get reverse parking sensor fitting. He is more worried about 3rd party vendor messing up electricals while fitting

Any pointers
Old 9th November 2009, 19:48   #267
BHPian

Here are the snaps I had taken of the TD vehicle at my home. Look at the chrome on the doors but no chrome on the door handles. The other pictures also show that the chrome is missing on the Bumper an the Rear.
Even I was surprised to see this and hence inquired about it with the salesman (salesman reply in previous post).
It clearly was not AURA+ as it had no Airbags(It read AURA). I hope even our models have chrome on the doors.
Any views BHPians.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-1.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-2.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-3.jpg  

Old 9th November 2009, 21:03   #268
BHPian

Has anyone gotten possession of the keys of Manza?

I heard from dealer that almost all comitments are getting delayed.
Old 9th November 2009, 21:22   #269
Senior - BHPian

Is there any information on how much safety/crash testing TATA does for it's vehicles ?

Manza in particular.
Old 10th November 2009, 09:36   #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by rite2shree View Post
Here are the snaps I had taken of the TD vehicle at my home. Look at the chrome on the doors but no chrome on the door handles.
Is that chrome or a plastic insert which is also coloured silverish?
Anyways, since this discussion started with side profile of the manza, I might add that this strip is also quite conspicuous, so the looks will be maintained even in the lower models.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks