Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2009, 10:39   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamiboy View Post
Hi Guys,

Just a silly question. The Manza is a front wheel drive sedan -right. (or I'm wrong on that). Then why is there an elevation in the back seat foot area in middle like the driveshaft in a rear wheel drive vehicle? In a front wheel drive car this space can be fully utilized for the passenger. Can someone please explain this to me. . Thanks.
The central longitudinal hump (tunnel) adds to the torsional rigidity of the car's body. In an RWD vehicle, the hump may be more (tunnel) pronounced
Old 7th November 2009, 14:38   #242
BHPian

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
By Q1 2010 which will mean a few months after launch and deliveries. So I guess you will stand a better chance of getting a less-niggled(!?!) car, than if you book right now simply because Tata might get time to sort them out by then.
Thanks a ton gomzi. Looking forward to ownership reports on the forum.
Old 7th November 2009, 15:14   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
What I would like to know is there any way of knowing if the car is from the second lot/the lot with the niggles ironed out?

I hate this confusion
well if you can wait, few months for 2010, by time then tata would get its feedbacks for all niggles, complains for its manza and then they might comeout with better niggled out car as per its history.
Quality has improved a big leap with this manza, surely it would have lesser things to look at, still they might sort out all in coming monts too.
Old 7th November 2009, 18:00   #244
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Something just struck me. Know how I always speak of my driving position? Look at this picture taken right after I parked the car. The driver's neck restraint is visible from the rear window!!

Last edited by GTO : 7th November 2009 at 18:01.
Old 7th November 2009, 19:11   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Something just struck me. Know how I always speak of my driving position? Look at this picture taken right after I parked the car. The driver's neck restraint is visible from the rear window!!
OMG You really must have a long pair of hands and the recline angle is so much relaxed.

The rear passenger seat on your side is almost redundant . Whoever sits there better not have any legs.
Old 7th November 2009, 19:14   #246
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
OMG. GTO I think you can drive a M800 sitting in its rear seat.

Manza defenitely has good rear legroom. This photo clears all the doubt.
Old 7th November 2009, 20:55   #247
BANNED

Sales figures for OCT say 4801 Manza sold which is actually in last 15 days (ignoring the launch date in few states was as late as 24th). Not sure if Tata has started full capacity production - seems to explain the delay in getting my car delivered even after waiting for the full 3 weeks which is the official wait period told in all showrooms.

cheers,
Vijay
Old 7th November 2009, 21:56   #248
BHPian

But where is the October monthly sales thread?
Old 8th November 2009, 01:26   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Whoa, GTO! this takes the term "reclined driving position" to an all new level!

I'd barely be able to touch my fingertips to the steering wheel from waay back there.
Old 8th November 2009, 08:13   #250
Senior - BHPian

Dang; you slept driving? or the car pampered you GTO?

Did anyone drive the petrol one? I would love to hear about that too. GTO any input here?
Old 8th November 2009, 14:54   #251
Senior - BHPian

this explains GTO at best and fullest and also the space inside manza as well.How do you drive M800 then, from the back seat??
Old 8th November 2009, 15:01   #252
BHPian

Yes JK Das i drove manza petrol immediately after Test driving the diesel manza. I feel that Manza diesel is superior to manza petrol. Because if you accelerate in the second and third gear to achive the speed to shift into the next gear , the petrol engine makes a bit of noise. Looks like that the petrol engine is a bit less refined than the diesel one. The intial pick up of petrol engine was better than that of the diesel. The turbo lag and the sudden spurt of power when the disel engine reaches 1800-2000rpm is really fantastic.

We all know that the Fiat 1.3MJD is the national engine in India. Its been used by leading manufacturers like Maruthi, Tata and the fiat themselves. Af far as the mileage is concerned diesel is a better option you might get somehwere around 17-18 in the city and 20-21kmpl on the highways. However the ARAI has certified 21Kmpl(Apprx- I am not sure iit might be 21.06kmpl) and you can expect a maximum of 13-14 kmpl as far the petrol engine is concerened and a maximum of 16-17kmpl on the highways. Any day i personally prefer the diesel car rather than a petrol car as that of Manza. But with due respect to the Manza petrol its also definitly a good car and well priced and a segment leader.
Old 9th November 2009, 10:27   #253

Quote:
Boy, that's a huge recline! I tried it yesterday, sure cannot drive for five minutes like this.
As an aside, doesn't the manza look great in red in this snap?
Old 9th November 2009, 11:34   #254
BHPian

Sure, this side profile is one of the best.
Set it as my wall paper.

A good set of alloys would make it even better.
Old 9th November 2009, 11:52   #255
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumujumdar View Post
Boy, that's a huge recline! I tried it yesterday, sure cannot drive for five minutes like this.
As an aside, doesn't the manza look great in red in this snap?
I too succumbed to this color after seeing the first snaps on motoroids and booked. 25 days after booking, concorde is clueless on when mera wala red will be shipped from factory

cheers,
Vijay

Most Viewed