Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2016, 08:43   #1621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Hi Madhu, Saw one of your post in Storm 400 review where you mentioned that your Manza had upgraded light clutch. May I know if this was done at TASS? Is it possible to place the lighter version of clutch available in Zest in Manza? Mine is a 2010 model Manza and the clutch is very very heavy. Hence the question.
I was also having this problem of heavy clutch from day one. And two times when whole clutch assembly was changed at Authorised TASS did not make any noticeable change in earlier times. But this time when i took it to a NFG he changed pressure plate and accessories now i feel its much better..
Old 22nd February 2016, 12:41   #1622
BHPian

Re: Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
May I know if this was done at TASS? Is it possible to place the lighter version of clutch available in Zest in Manza? Mine is a 2010 model Manza and the clutch is very very heavy. Hence the question.
Yes , done at TASS.As far i remember during my clutch overhaul, there was no need to change cylinders. The release bearing kit was replaced along with clutch paddle- The SA mentioned clutch paddle is being changed as its a new design. They told me now its a self adjusting clutch and will not harden.
madhu33 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2016, 21:35   #1623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
Yes , done at TASS.As far i remember during my clutch overhaul, there was no need to change cylinders. The release bearing kit was replaced along with clutch paddle- The SA mentioned clutch paddle is being changed as its a new design. They told me now its a self adjusting clutch and will not harden.
HI Madhu, in which TASS was the clutch paddle changed?
Old 7th March 2016, 07:42   #1624
Senior - BHPian

I remember having read that someone replaced the clutch system of their FIAT Linea with the one in the TATA Manza, if so, maybe we could check if this new self adjusting clutch would be compatible!

Linea's clutch has a pretty long travel & is quite a pain to use within city. A self adjusting one would really be helpful IMHO.

Please do update this thread if you come across any such info!
Old 7th March 2016, 14:59   #1625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil@Bengaluru View Post
HI Madhu, in which TASS was the clutch paddle changed?
It was done at Vijay Auto - Vasai .
The service manager over there now runs his own multi brand service centre in Charkop kandivli and my then SA is now with Ashtavinayak -Chevrolet.
Old 20th March 2016, 18:15   #1626
BHPian

Just a query to all the owners here:

4 & 1/2 years & 65,000 kms with my Elanza.
Still in love, still see no reason to even think of an upgrade.

This 'problem' has been around since a long time, maybe 3 years. Gradually increasing.
It was brought to the notice of TML at Concorde then itself (when it was very very minimal) and they had promptly offered a replacement of the entire console (which would reset the ODO reading). I had politely declined.
It was minimal back then and frankly did not justify replacing the entire console.
Full marks to TML there.

Now, as of today it is quite a bit and I am not sure how to clean or minimise it.
Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you!

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-img_20160226_091730546.jpg

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-img_20160226_091701960.jpg

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-img_20160226_091716985.jpg
Old 22nd March 2016, 09:29   #1627
BHPian

Folks, need some advice. Over the past few months, I have been noticing this problem(on my Dec 2009 Diesel Manza done 62000 kms), especially on ghats/winding roads. The steering starts vibrating on doing right turns with increasing intensity if doing a full-right turn. It doesnot occur while doing a left turn. Have shown it to TASS but haven't got any satisfactory answer/solution from them.

Requesting you all to kindly advice what could be wrong. Thanks!
Old 22nd March 2016, 10:28   #1628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
Folks, need some advice. Over the past few months, I have been noticing this problem(on my Dec 2009 Diesel Manza done 62000 kms), especially on ghats/winding roads. The steering starts vibrating on doing right turns with increasing intensity if doing a full-right turn. It doesnot occur while doing a left turn. Have shown it to TASS but haven't got any satisfactory answer/solution from them!
How often do you get your wheels aligned/balanced?
anilp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 10:32   #1629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilp View Post
How often do you get your wheels aligned/balanced?
The last alignment/balancing was done at 60000 kms at TASS itself.
Old 22nd March 2016, 10:37   #1630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
The last alignment/balancing was done at 60000 kms at TASS itself.
Avoid authorised service centres for this one (TASS or others). They do a shoddy job. Take it to the best independent alignment/balancing shop near you. They can tell you if it's a balancing issue or if it's something to do with parts like tie rods or suspension. Get this looked at ASAP.
anilp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 10:46   #1631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilp View Post
Avoid authorised service centres for this one (TASS or others). They do a shoddy job. Take it to the best independent alignment/balancing shop near you. They can tell you if it's a balancing issue or if it's something to do with parts like tie rods or suspension. Get this looked at ASAP.
Correct!
Pls get it aligned at either Bridgestone or Goodyear tire showrooms.
They have the best maintained equipment and well trained technicians.

This equipment is not well maintained at most of the TASS's. Hence a high possibility of error occurrence which directly spoils your tie-rods or causes tyre wear unevenly.

Regards,
Maverick79
Maverick79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 15:44   #1632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post

This 'problem' has been around since a long time, maybe 3 years. Gradually increasing.
Hello Doctor,

1)If i were you i would have happily taken the TASS offer to replace the cluster with a new one.

2)The other option you have to is to open the 2 screw on the cowl frame covering the cluster. remove the cluster -unplug the cable- apply the plastic polish (see image below) available on Amazon(there might be still cheaper options available, not necessarily buy Mother's brand).

3)Or if you are willing to drive down till Andheri (w) - Lotus petrol pump - Wheels car customs - My good friend will do it for free for you.

Regards
Madhu
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-06208.jpg  

Old 22nd March 2016, 17:00   #1633
Senior - BHPian

I think for this something a bit more agressive is required - Probably a fine grade sandpaper, followed by rubbing compound & then toothpaste -
Plenty of guides - search for headlight restoration
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...eadlights.html
Old 29th March 2016, 00:59   #1634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
Hello Doctor,

Regards
Madhu
Thank you once again for the timely and right advice.

Much appreciated! Immensely.

How's your new Cheetah?
Old 24th June 2016, 19:49   #1635
BHPian

Hello All.
The break LED of my Manza has grown weak. Is it known to be like this in around 4 years, that is the age of my car. Approx 38000 km clocked on the odo. The owner of the service centre noticed the low illumination of the LED when I took my car for its yearly service. Has anyone else faced this trouble?

Also, the service centre people said that the clutch plate will need a replacement and I cannot disagree because I tend to drive the car over the clutch in Bangalore traffic. Since it's a diesel vehicle, I get enough torque to move the car ahead without touching the accelerator.

Apparently the suspensions are also grown weak. Has anyone else notice this kind of behaviour from the car?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks