Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2019, 12:26   #6871
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Dear Fiat owners from Kerala,

Are you guys aware of any good FNG for regular servicing of Fiats in Palakkad/Trissur area?
Old 30th December 2019, 13:21   #6872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Palakkad
The chief mechanic (Ramettan) of Hyson Fiat, Palakkad has opened his own workshop in Kazhchaparambu (near Dubai Motors). A Fiat group member recommended him.

Ramettan - 9495 FIVE EIGHT 3284, 9744 ONE ZERO 3284

Quote:
Thrissur
My friend takes his Figo and Punto occasionally to Tunex Motors, near Hyson Thrissur. You may give them a try.

Also, why not Hyson Thrissur?

Last edited by Klub Class : 30th December 2019 at 13:25.
Klub Class is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 13:31   #6873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
The chief mechanic (Ramettan) of Hyson Fiat, Palakkad has opened his own workshop in Kazhchaparambu (near Dubai Motors). A Fiat group member recommended him.

Ramettan - 9495 FIVE EIGHT 3284, 9744 ONE ZERO 3284

My friend takes his Figo and Punto occasionally to Tunex Motors, near Hyson Thrissur. You may give them a try.

Also, why not Hyson Thrissur?
Thank you Klub Class.

Actually I was not aware of Hyson Thrissur. Car has just been in my native (tiruvilwamala near ottapalam) for last 6 months as I relocated to Singapore.

Looks like Kazchaparamb will be more accessible for me. Will try out either Ramettan or Hyson Thrissur in my next visit around April.
vibbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 08:32   #6874
BHPian

My 1.3D Multijet 2012 Punto has done 65000kms. On recent visit to Fiat Authorised service centre, I was told that I need to replace Timing Chain as it's become noisy. Cost of the replacement including labour quoted is Rs. 18k.
I looked up at the User / service manual and there's mention of timing chain at 60k service.
My question to my fellow Grande Punto owners that they have had similar replacement done at around 60k? And is the cost quoted fairly reasonable? This is at Sky Moto Wagholi, Pune
Old 10th March 2020, 10:44   #6875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
My 1.3D Multijet 2012 Punto has done 65000kms. On recent visit to Fiat Authorised service centre, I was told that I need to replace Timing Chain as it's become noisy. Cost of the replacement including labour quoted is Rs. 18k.
I looked up at the User / service manual and there's mention of timing chain at 60k service.
My question to my fellow Grande Punto owners that they have had similar replacement done at around 60k? And is the cost quoted fairly reasonable? This is at Sky Moto Wagholi, Pune
This should have been changed at 6 years max regardless of mileage. I don't remember the cost, but sounds near what I paid. The noise is the grinding of the teeth, be sure to fix it before the chain gives up.
avira_tk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 21:54   #6876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
You don't want to delay this replacement after its become noisy. I've unfortunately been there and done that - and my 2011 Punto had landed in the garage with a bill running up to 90k. I actually ended up selling the car!

Although an off-topic thread, you can read what I mean here (So, why won't you buy a used car?).
dksv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 16:09   #6877
Distinguished - BHPian

Brother wants to install 3" HID projector fog lights in the 90HP Punto EVO. Anyone here on this forum who has done that? Anything I should keep in mind or any problems coming in the way? Thanks!
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 16:49   #6878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Brother wants to install 3" HID projector fog lights in the 90HP Punto EVO. Anyone here on this forum who has done that? Anything I should keep in mind or any problems coming in the way? Thanks!
I'm running a similar setup using Sinolyn projectors (Aliexpress). Initially I used to have white-ish lights (closed to 6000K), but later swapped out to Osram XENRAC 4300K bulbs and ballasts sourced locally (from India). The Osram kit is plug and play in true sense while the one that can from Sinolyn required some jugaad (eg, the connectors were just short by a few mm to reach the OE fog lamp socket. So had to pull the pins to make a good fit. No issues, but just took some time to refit whenever they were disconnected (to remove bumper etc).

On one of the units, the actuator that moves the high beam flap has gone kaput so it no longer flashes (I've hence disconnected the high beam from those).

Some WIP pictures (circa 2018):
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-452eff1152ab41c09a30ba28231cdabf.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-7a31eb8ede794259ab32c9ff144de525.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-afec20becfde4982bc0a263fad1a0ba8.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-3402bc9f5e9a4711b9d09a7bbb9d583f.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-01e8aa3ea20345e9802eabb00e95e09c.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-1b3b79f5f5ad4e27af2d8e6504c3b2af.jpg

Only Fogs:
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img_3821.jpg

Fogs + Low beam:
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img_3823.jpg

Fogs + High beam:
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img_3824.jpg

These + 90/100s on the main beams are the best setup of lights that I have seen without the use of addon Aux lamps. Most of the times the Low beams are sufficient and very rarely do you need the Highs. There is redundancy also, incase the fogs conk out, replacing them with the originals is 5 min job (I keep the old ones in the boot). And I didn't want to play around with the main beams (retrofitting projectors).

Last edited by blackwasp : 20th March 2020 at 16:53.
blackwasp is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 17:58   #6879
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
I'm running a similar setup using Sinolyn projectors (Aliexpress). Initially I used to have white-ish lights (closed to 6000K), but later swapped out to Osram XENRAC 4300K bulbs and ballasts sourced locally (from India). The Osram kit is plug and play in true sense while the one that can from Sinolyn required some jugaad (eg, the connectors were just short by a few mm to reach the OE fog lamp socket. So had to pull the pins to make a good fit. No issues, but just took some time to refit whenever they were disconnected (to remove bumper etc).
Fantastico! Thanks for the images. Was looking for exactly this. To check whether it fits fine in the available space behind the bumper. By the looks of it - if the shroud can be removed from front - the projectors can be installed directly without removing the bumper at all - using fishing lines to route the wires afterwards.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 19:05   #6880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I have the same Sinolyn projectors in my T-Jet that blackwasp has mentioned. I had to make a new bracket to fit mine properly, but was worth it since it looks OE and works beautifully. I haven't connected the circuit that controls the flap in my case so its running like regular fogs.

I'm running Osram Premium 35W HID's which is plenty when driving in Bangalore traffic.

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-osram-hid.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-sinolyn-proj.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-tjet-fogs-r.jpg
keroo1099 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 20:51   #6881
BANNED

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-fiatpuntosalestrend.jpg

From launch till closure of sales, Fiat sold around 72,235 Puntos in 10 years in India, and it is Fiat India's highest selling model during that timeline. The numbers also include sales of Evo and Avventura. Launched in Jan 2016, Fiat India sold around 357 Abarth-Puntos till date.

It's a wonderful car to look at and to drive, but sadly failed to survive in Indian market.

Source

Last edited by wheelguy : 26th May 2020 at 20:52.
wheelguy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 10:21   #6882

For the Mumbai location - can anyone suggest a good trustworthy FNG for FIAT punto please, preferred on the western line in Mumbai?

My regular trusted service center RS Motors at Kandivali, mumbai is sadly being shutdown and other good service center is located at Navi Mumbai (Vroome Point). I am aware about landmark FIAT at Andheri, however I would like to avoid them since I did not have a good experience when I tried to get the car serviced from them in 2018.
Old 14th June 2020, 22:32   #6883
BHPian

Hello TBHPians,
I've encountered a peculiar problem with the AC on my Fiat Punto 90 HP multiple times.

Scenario 1:
When the temperature in the ACC is maintained at low (say 16 degrees), the cooling literally stops for a few minutes (it stopped for 20+ minutes on one occasion). Opened the bonnet to check for the blower condition, it was OFF. Even though on the ACC display, the blower sign was ON.

The system recovered after a few minutes (did not switch off/restart). The blower was actually ON and the AC started working again. After noticing this issue 5 + times now, looks like the blower cuts off when the temperature is set to the lowest for a extended period of time. Visiter a FNG and since the AC was working fine when I reached there, they did not understand what I was trying to say and gave me vague reasons like the blower cuts off once it reaches a set temperature. Which I think is false as the AC becomes completely unresponsive for a few minutes.

Scenario 2:
Car was parked outside on a sunny day (40+ degrees for 5 hours) during a trip. Came back and switched on the car to find that AC had stopped working. Drive back home for 30+ kms without AC.

Worked fine the next day.

Any pointers, suggestions so that I can get this fixed?
Old 15th June 2020, 08:11   #6884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
Hello TBHPians,I've encountered a peculiar problem with the AC on my Fiat Punto 90 HP multiple times.
The information or symbols on the internal climate control digital readout have no relation to the radiator/AC fan operating under the hood. Off course, the radiator fan spins when the AC is ON. It can be intermittent at times, if desired temperature has been reached, it does cut out.

A snow flake icon is displayed when the AC is on followed by a set of lines to the right that indicate fan speed of the internal AC blower motor. There should be atleast one vertical bar indicated and that means the internal fan motor is active. If that line is visible and the fan motor is not turning (You can feel some amount of air coming out of the vents), then it could be some electrical circuit cutting out the internal fan. That needs to be checked. If its stopping, that could lead to frost build up cause the system to cut out. Get the internal AC fan motor checked. Try higher speed settings.

Do check your coolant levels too. When levels are too low and the engine is running hot, it does cut out the aircon to reduce load on the engine.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 15th June 2020 at 08:14.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 08:21   #6885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabby View Post
My regular trusted service center RS Motors at Kandivali, mumbai is sadly being shutdown.
I have received some heartwarming news that RS motors is again going to be operational albeit with a new management. This is based on the information provided by some Fiat colleagues who have the confirmed news on the same. So I would suggest wait and watch.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks