Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2013, 14:12   #5956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post

See the paragraph boxed in red in the image in my previous post. The text here:

Warning light will blink for 60 seconds after starting or during prolonged cranking to indicate a fault to the glow plug heating system. Use the car normally if the engine starts and go to a Fiat-Tata Dealership as soon as possible.

If this is the problem you are facing, visit the FASS ASAP. It could also be due to low battery, as carrerastrax mentioned.
Sorry, I didn't notice the image. I agree with Sandsun. The likely culprit is the battery. If the problem persists even after replacing the battery, then it's time to visit the service center, as suggested by Sandsun. But I'm thinking the battery should solve the problem as you've rightly noted the other symptoms of a weak battery.
Old 27th July 2013, 14:25   #5957
Senior - BHPian

I have had one of the glow plugs changed under warranty more than an year back. At that time I had seen a specific warning on MID saying "Check glow plugs".
StarrySky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2013, 18:03   #5958
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Just now, my car's central locking has stopped working all of a sudden!
I was outside since morning and came back home after completing all the errands. no problems anywhere there.
After parking at home, I pressed the lock button on the key and the amber lights first blinked once and then blinked twice (which is the case usually when any one door is not in place properly)

I checked the doors and then locked again...same thing happened but the locks didn't lock. I switched on the engine and switched off and did the same thing again.
Nothing happened. I put the key in the key hole and locked...only the driver side got locked.

I have now locked all individual doors manually. The door level don't give the same feel earlier. Its lighter to press them (like something has been disconnected)
If I sit inside the car and try to lock it with the fob keys, I hear a small sound coming out somewhere from the fuse box below the steering wheel.

I'll book an appointment and visit the A.S.S as soon as possible.
Anyone has experienced anything like this before. Pointers would help.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 27th July 2013 at 18:05.
Old 27th July 2013, 19:22   #5959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Warning light will blink for 60 seconds after starting or during prolonged cranking to indicate a fault to the glow plug heating system. Use the car normally if the engine starts and go to a Fiat-Tata Dealership as soon as possible.

If this is the problem you are facing, visit the FASS ASAP. It could also be due to low battery, as carrerastrax mentioned.
As the warning states I am getting the warning light after cranking up and stays on for about a min. I've booked for service with vector motors which I got 10 days after. Thanq.
Old 30th July 2013, 19:47   #5960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
If I sit inside the car and try to lock it with the fob keys, I hear a small sound coming out somewhere from the fuse box below the steering wheel.

I'll book an appointment and visit the A.S.S as soon as possible.
Anyone has experienced anything like this before. Pointers would help.
Does the central locking system have a relay that is located near the fuse-box you mention? May be its the relay trying to engage, the sound I mean. Why not a quick check of the relay and the fuse? I had a problem but with only the left rear door, but it was a lever which had just dislodged. Any MID message?

EDIT : Just remembered, in another forum, water ingress had happened during heavy rain, and there was temporary failure, which corrected by itself before he visited ASS. Attributed to a micro-switch contact on which water had fallen!

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 30th July 2013 at 19:57.
Old 30th July 2013, 20:55   #5961
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post

Does the central locking system have a relay that is located near the fuse-box you mention? May be its the relay trying to engage, the sound I mean. Why not a quick check of the relay and the fuse? I had a problem but with only the left rear door, but it was a lever which had just dislodged. Any MID message?
Even I feel its a dislodged lever or something mechanical. Because I can feel that the lever is very light compared to how it felt earlier.
There is no error message on the MID.
Old 2nd August 2013, 22:12   #5962
BHPian

Dear all,

I just checked on FB and FIAT is saying, if your car is within basic warranty, you can get an extension on the warranty till 5 years. I do not know if the extended warranty starts AFTER that! (Unlikely though!) You need to get in touch with ASS. This was in reply to a post while, the actual post was:

"Our unbelievable 3 year warranty just got better! You can now extend it to five years and get a 10% discount on the charges. Visit your nearest authorized Fiat dealership to know more."

Hmmm. Let me check out tomorrow! In any case, for me its a weekly visit to the ASS !

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 2nd August 2013 at 22:14.
Old 4th August 2013, 10:27   #5963
Senior - BHPian

Is there any way to extend the extended warranty? Mine is going to expire in a month
Old 4th August 2013, 12:51   #5964
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There is no error message on the MID.
Visited vecto motors yesterday. Had booked the earliest available appointment on 12th!
But decided to go there hoping that they'll attend this small repair.

The ever helpful SA surendra checked the issue and said that the fuse must be broken.
But I told that I had seen all the fuses and every fuse was intact.

He anyways instructed one of the service personnel to check the fuses. All looked fine.
He thn checked the connector between the door and the dashboard. It was fine.

So he got a multimeter and checked the fuses.
Indeed it was the fuse. The 15A fuse was broken but invisible to the eye.

Once replaced, everything was back to normal.

At the same time I also got the absolut edition mudflaps fixed
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2013, 17:53   #5965
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
Dear all,

I just checked on FB and FIAT is saying, if your car is within basic warranty, you can get an extension on the warranty till 5 years. I do not know if the extended warranty starts AFTER that! (Unlikely though!) You need to get in touch with ASS. This was in reply to a post while, the actual post was:

"Our unbelievable 3 year warranty just got better! You can now extend it to five years and get a 10% discount on the charges. Visit your nearest authorized Fiat dealership to know more."
For basic warranty, the term is 3 years from the date of purchase. Extended warranty is for 2 more years after the basic warranty. There is no other add-on extension available apart from these.

Eg : Punto bought in March 2013. Standard warranty will be till March 2016 (or proportionate mileage). Extended warranty if purchased will kick in from March 2016 and last till March 2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Is there any way to extend the extended warranty? Mine is going to expire in a month
Extend the extended warranty?? Jokes apart, that's not possible.
Old 4th August 2013, 18:11   #5966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp_fanatico View Post
As the warning states I am getting the warning light after cranking up and stays on for about a min. I've booked for service with vector motors which I got 10 days after. Thanq.
No need to Panic the car will go fine with a blown glow plug,its pretty normal for Glow plug to fail on a weak battery.I had 3 glow plug failurers last winters due to a weak battery,so to avoid issues with glow plugs and common errors like passenger airbag failure,get the Battery replaced and you will be good.
akshay4587 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2013, 18:38   #5967
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
For basic warranty, the term is 3 years from the date of purchase. Extended warranty is for 2 more years after the basic warranty. There is no other add-on extension available apart from these.

Eg : Punto bought in March 2013. Standard warranty will be till March 2016 (or proportionate mileage). Extended warranty if purchased will kick in from March 2016 and last till March 2018.

Extend the extended warranty?? Jokes apart, that's not possible.
That post was intended to be sarcastic :P I was typing from my phone nd missed out the emoticon
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2013, 11:18   #5968
BHPian

Quote:

...At the same time I also got the absolut edition mudflaps fixed
How much did the absolute edition mudflaps cost? Hope it will fit Punto. Can you post a few pictures?
Old 6th August 2013, 11:22   #5969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How much did the absolute edition mudflaps cost? Hope it will fit Punto. Can you post a few pictures?
It costs Rs. 899. As far as I know, these absolute edition mudflaps fit both Punto and Linea.
Old 6th August 2013, 11:38   #5970
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
It costs Rs. 899. As far as I know, these absolute edition mudflaps fit both Punto and Linea.
gp_fanatico,
What rameshnanda has replied is the part cost. If you can fit it your self you'll only have to pay 899. But with labour I was charged 1068 at Vecto Motors, Bangalore.

For details and pictures, you can check my post in the ownership thread shown below
Quote:
and finally got the absolut edition mud guards.
All the four including labour charges cost me INR 1068/-
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks