Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2013, 14:10   #5701
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Sometimes, restarting my phone works - but only sometimes.

Has anybody faced similar problem?
Any any pointers / suggestions ?
What should I do (step-by-step process) to ensure that my phone connects to Blue&Me every time I crank up the engine?
I face the same with my Blackberry. Strangely enough, it happens more on my Punto than T-jet. With T-jet it's more or less seamless and only 1 out of 10 times, I have too search and connect again. What I do is, keep the Bluetooth of the phone on and then turn the ignition on. In case, it doesn't pair I try calling a no. and the systems says "Searching for connection". At that point, I turn the bluetooth of and then on, else I try to connect to the Blue&me from my phone. It usually works. I used to think that multiple Blue&me profiles (of T-jet and Punto) are creating the conflict but it seems like a bug that one has to live with.
Biraj is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2013, 14:41   #5702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
I face the same with my Blackberry. Strangely enough, it happens more on my Punto than T-jet. With T-jet it's more or less seamless and only 1 out of 10 times, I have too search and connect again.
Thanks for quick reply. But, I am wondering if this is a problem with Blue&Me or my phone? I tend to think, it's my phone - reason for this is - sometimes, my phone refuses to enable a Bluetooth connection when used previously. Then only option left for me at this point is to restart the phone!

But, thanks - I will try your method as described below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
What I do is, keep the Bluetooth of the phone on and then turn the ignition on. In case, it doesn't pair I try calling a no. and the systems says "Searching for connection". At that point, I turn the bluetooth of and then on, else I try to connect to the Blue&me from my phone. It usually works.
Old 8th April 2013, 14:48   #5703
BHPian

Guys,

My Punto is 25000 kms old and lately i've felt that it takes me extra effort to slot the gears. Even after a drive of around 15-20 kms, it doesn't loosen up. What can be the reason? Is it time to get the gear-box oiled?

I don't have a covered parking in the place where i've moved and hence the car stays under bright Sun on weekends. Can this be a cause by any chance?

Last edited by SankalpDesai : 8th April 2013 at 14:52. Reason: corrected spelling error
Old 8th April 2013, 15:01   #5704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SankalpDesai View Post
Guys,

My Punto is 25000 kms old and lately i've felt that it takes me extra effort to slot the gears. Even after a drive of around 15-20 kms, it doesn't loosen up. What can be the reason? Is it time to get the gear-box oiled?

I don't have a covered parking in the place where i've moved and hence the car stays under bright Sun on weekends. Can this be a cause by any chance?
How old is your car, transmission oil changes are recommended every 2 years. It does make a difference to the gearshift. Exposed parking is hardly causes damage to the drive train.
Old 8th April 2013, 15:04   #5705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
How old is your car, transmission oil changes are recommended every 2 years. It does make a difference to the gearshift. Exposed parking is hardly causes damage to the drive train.
My Punto will turn 2 in June. I have an upcoming service around the same time for 30,000 kms. Will get it done then. Thanks for the reply.
Old 9th April 2013, 13:46   #5706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SankalpDesai View Post
Guys,

I had told my SA in the 3rd service about hard gear shift - he did some gear cable lubrication ( don't remember the exact words on the bill) free of cost. It made a positive difference to the gearshift.
Old 9th April 2013, 14:02   #5707
BHPian

I had test driven the punto earlier(before i had got my figo), i had the same feeling of the hard/notchy feeling when shifting gears. No idea if they are having a fix for it. I guess as SDP1975 said, oiling may make a difference.
Old 9th April 2013, 16:21   #5708
BHPian

Hi,

Can someone please point me to the latest & greatest test drive report of the 2013 model of the Punto. Any changes to 2013 model compared to previous versions? If not, please still direct me to the correct TD report. The original one seems too old.

Thanks much.
Old 9th April 2013, 17:12   #5709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashkul View Post
If not, please still direct me to the correct TD report. The original one seems too old.
Yes, the original report is nearly 4 years old, but still holds good for most part since Fiat hasn't made many changes to the car in 4 years

There is an opinion that the handling has been negatively affected due to the increased GC in 2012-spec Punto, but other than that I don't think there are any major changes. Of course, the 90HP Punto is not covered in the original report.
Old 10th April 2013, 09:31   #5710
BHPian

According to Motorbeam, the Punto (and Linea) facelifts were to be launched today. Has the date been pushed or is the launch happening today?
Old 11th April 2013, 09:47   #5711
Senior - BHPian

I have a four year old Punto 1.4 petrol. I have an issue with the airconditioning. The compressor just cuts Off in stop gap traffic and the car just cools when I'm driving without too many gear shifts. When the speeds are less than 20kph or am in stop gap traffic, the compressor shuts Off and only the blower works. Otherwise, when the compressor kicks in, I have no complaints about the cooling. But in delhi weather, which is going to only get worse, it's a big issue. And it's a bit embarrassing when I'm with other people who get to hear a lot of good things about the punto from me, when the A/C fails to cool in stop gap traffic, even reducing the temp doesn't help.

now is this the way the Punto A/C is configured? or can I do something about it?

My reference point might be high. I have a Honda civic which has a chiller A/C but I still feel that the compressor shouldn't shut down in stop gap traffic or low speeds. I had got the A/C upgrade kit too but it didn't do any good. It's been like this from the start. It's just that summers in delhi are cruel and the red colour that I have absorbs more heat. :/ Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 13:00   #5712
Senior - BHPian

Never faced such an issue with my Linea 1.4, the cooling does gets reduced in stop go traffic but its never down to uncomcortable levels, infact i can always feel cold air coming out from the vents in heavy 1st gear traffic at all times. Mine is running on cng though but that shouldnt make a difference.

Mine is a siver and without sun films, no reason why it should get tripped in traffic, thats not normal, did you talk to your service centre about it and yes mine is also the upgraded kit.

Infact ac cooling is quite good these days.
Old 11th April 2013, 14:36   #5713
Senior - BHPian

The folks at the tata fiat service center at vasant kunj are fools..they don't treat the car well..showed it to them and they said we need to refill the Gas, overhaul the airconditioning. Only trying to make a fast buck.

My airconditioner performance is stellar. Cooling is great. I'm only worried about it tripping in traffic. what do punto owners have to say?

can anyone tell me a Fiat only service center where I can go to?
Old 11th April 2013, 15:50   #5714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
... what do punto owners have to say?

can anyone tell me a Fiat only service center where I can go to?

It don't remember this happening in our Punto 1.4. I have driven in Bangalore bumper to bumper traffic a number of times and the AC always cools well. We in fact didn't even opt for the AC upgrade kit since AC performance has always been good.

I think there is a new Fiat service centre in Delhi - Kashyap I think. Get it checked ASAP.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 11th April 2013 at 15:51.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2013, 16:34   #5715
BHPian

Fiat launches Limited Edition Punto 'Jet Black' in UK!

Yes, you read it right.
Every punt(o)er gets very tempted when talking about the Evo. The Punto in UK is tuned for a perfect Enthusiast, with Fiat embedding it with several handling and cosmetic upgrades. What about getting the same in India too?

I would say: 'It is sure to make heads turn, even at 0 kph!'

Here are the details:

Quote:
While FIAT India is busy showcasing its 'Make the Move' campaign (don't forget to check out the wonderful video at the end of the article!), its cousins in the United Kingdom have launched a limited edition variant of the Punto.

Called Punto Jet Black, the car gets a new paint job (Crossover Black Metallic), Jet Black badging, matt black stripes, 17" 12-spoke Sportline alloys and a body coloured aero kit. On the inside, the list of features includes leather steering wheel and gear knob, climate control, privacy glass, electric windows at the front, parking sensors on the rear, sports suspension, adaptive cornering fog lamps, cruise control and five airbags.

Only 300 examples of this three door Punto Jet Black are available throughout the UK. Powered by a 1.4-litre 80PS petrol engine, the car is targeted at the young audience. It's priced at an equivalent of Rs 9.9 lakhs in the UK.
Source: Oncars.in
Link: http://www.oncars.in/Car-News-Detail...in-the-UK/3974

Here is one pic (from Google):
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-380x280_promo_punto_jetblack_v2.jpg

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks