Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2012, 16:05   #5431
BHPian

Just clicked the picture of my glove box. And this is how the gap looks.

Name:  ForumRunner_20121108_160339.png
Views: 3096
Size:  380.5 KB
Old 8th November 2012, 16:43   #5432
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post

Attachment 1012165
I copy that for panel gap in my punto too. It looks exactly similar.
I had not noticed it till now since 2009, just got to know after going through this post.Anyways its not such a big issue for me to decide whether i should go for a punto or not. Does it stop punto from being a great car in its segment?
Those who possess one will never see it as an issue but those who just own one will definitely see it as an issue.
Arkesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2012, 17:09   #5433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
I sincerely hope that your wish comes true, but logically it is quite impossible to introduce new/upgraded versions so quickly.

Moreover newer models are put to test on the actual road condition much before the commercial launch and any such move by Fiat would have been spotted somewhere during the roadtest by now.
Fiat already have refreshed Punto/Linea launched in other markets. Seeing that they mainly feature cosmetic upgrades to the exterior and interior upgrade, I guess Fiat can launch them without very long road tests in India. I'm guessing the engine and mechanicals are going to remain the same. Even if the 1.6MJD is going to be offered in the Linea, Fiat could be testing the engine with an Indian-spec Linea without any one knowing.

Last edited by StarrySky : 8th November 2012 at 17:10.
Old 8th November 2012, 17:46   #5434
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Fiat already have refreshed Punto/Linea launched in other markets. Seeing that they mainly feature cosmetic upgrades to the exterior and interior upgrade, I guess Fiat can launch them without very long road tests in India. I'm guessing the engine and mechanicals are going to remain the same. Even if the 1.6MJD is going to be offered in the Linea, Fiat could be testing the engine with an Indian-spec Linea without any one knowing.
I dont think they will get the 1.6 MJD so soon. Or if they do, it might be imported like the Tjet.

Really dont want FIAT to share the Tjet and 1.6 MJD with any other manufacturer (read as TATA and Maruti).
Old 8th November 2012, 19:59   #5435
BHPian

Quote:
I don't know how long you can wait, but it might be worth waiting till Jan-Feb 2013. I have a "feeling" that we may see some upgrades to Punto/Linea after Fiat opens their planned 80 indepedent sales/service centres by the end of the year.

The "feeling" is only because I think opening new service centres with existing Punto/Linea is not enough to increase sales and Fiat needs to create some new excitement/interest for these cars to get people into the new showrooms.
I can wait till Jan-Feb if needed. I am out of India and returning back in Dec and then I will confirm this with someone I know who works at FIAT plant and then decide.

Last edited by daredeviljpr : 8th November 2012 at 20:02.
Old 9th November 2012, 14:07   #5436
BHPian

This is how a new (refreshed) Punto looks like in the UK. Also, I read an article in Top Gear that Fiat Europe is not working on any *new* Punto. Their focus is mainly the 500 and other vehicles.
As a result, we, in India, should expect only refreshed, facelift versions ONLY.
Attached Images

Old 9th November 2012, 15:14   #5437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Also, I read an article in Top Gear that Fiat Europe is not working on any *new* Punto. Their focus is mainly the 500 and other vehicles.
As a result, we, in India, should expect only refreshed, facelift versions ONLY.
The link posted by Sommos earlier in this thread (post #5427) mentions that Fiat is working on new Fiat Linea for 2015 and Linea hatchback. The Linea hatchback will most likely be the new Punto.
Old 9th November 2012, 16:24   #5438
Senior - BHPian

I got my car serviced last week (75000Kms service) from Concorde, Bangalore. During the service, a lot of stuff were replaced (Clutch and related assy, Brake pads/discs/liners, etc). There is a drop in power since then - the car crosses 3K rpm by the time she reaches 100kmph - that was no the case earlier.

I am also getting a "whooosh" sound at low rpms, especially when the engine is cold. Any pointers on what this could be?

There is no black smoke or such signs from the engine though. The lack of power is not consistent - on some days the car behaves really well, while on some days its sluggish.

Any pointers on what this could be due to?

Also, I am looking at replacing the battery - a dealer I went to suggested upgrading to a 55Ah battery (I think I got the units right) instead of the 50/52 that is installed in the car. Is it a recommended upgrade? And, What brand is suggested?
Old 11th November 2012, 18:48   #5439
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
I got my car serviced last week (75000Kms service) from Concorde, Bangalore. During the service, a lot of stuff were replaced (Clutch and related assy, Brake pads/discs/liners, etc). There is a drop in power since then - the car crosses 3K rpm by the time she reaches 100kmph - that was no the case earlier.

I am also getting a "whooosh" sound at low rpms, especially when the engine is cold. Any pointers on what this could be?

There is no black smoke or such signs from the engine though. The lack of power is not consistent - on some days the car behaves really well, while on some days its sluggish.

Any pointers on what this could be due to?

Also, I am looking at replacing the battery - a dealer I went to suggested upgrading to a 55Ah battery (I think I got the units right) instead of the 50/52 that is installed in the car. Is it a recommended upgrade? And, What brand is suggested?
Were all these performed under extended warranty?
Did you check how much Engine oil was filled? Did they over fill by any chance?
Try checking whether the turbo is waking up at the appropriate RPM and update us.

Old 13th November 2012, 07:36   #5440
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The link posted by Sommos earlier in this thread (post #5427) mentions that Fiat is working on new Fiat Linea for 2015 and Linea hatchback. The Linea hatchback will most likely be the new Punto.
Interestingly, for the current gen Linea/Punto it was the other way round. The Grande Punto was developed first and the Linea was developed later as a sedan version of the same platform.
Old 13th November 2012, 09:30   #5441
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Interestingly, for the current gen Linea/Punto it was the other way round. The Grande Punto was developed first and the Linea was developed later as a sedan version of the same platform.
Whichever way they do it, they should get them faster here and not after 4 years of product life in the international market. Knowing FIAT these cars will be bring about a grin like the current cars do.
Old 13th November 2012, 11:53   #5442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
I also found that (since I explored the used car market a bit) Punto holds better value than Linea.
This is not a pattern related just only to FIAT cars. Generally speaking, the rate of depreciation of any sedan is steeper than a Hatch. The bigger the sedan is, the steeper the depreciation rate is. Try re-selling a Merc S-class and you'll realize...
Old 13th November 2012, 17:49   #5443
BHPian

Happy Diwali folks....

My best Diwali gift ever, in pictures.
Absolutely zero points for "guessing" it's a diesel : it's a little talked about 1.172! GOT BHP? Yeah sure....full 68 of them!

What say ?

This was after a trip from Gurgaon in Haryana, to Indirapuram in Uttar Pradesh, via New Delhi!

The traffic was moderate, by no means sparse,(Ring road route) and of course, no AC. 2 adults, 1 child on board.

2012 OBlue, Dynamic, 10 months old, stock car, immaculately maintained.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img_20121113_144129.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img_20121113_144138.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img_20121113_144144.jpg  

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 13th November 2012 at 17:57.
Old 13th November 2012, 19:44   #5444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post

Attachment 1012165

Happy Diwali Parimal!

I had this issue with my old Punto as well and the A** corrected it. I think there is a good body shop guy called Iqbal and Incharge Mohammed Hussain at Balaji Kalyan who should be able to take care of this to a great extent. Especially if there is a play (loose hanging) of the glove box. Get it checked once. All the best!
Old 13th November 2012, 21:09   #5445
BANNED

Some additional Interior customization.

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-29348_491244684243155_1498377324_n.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-60696_496596223708001_1053131351_n.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-302778_496596260374664_1417654991_n.jpg
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks