Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2012, 21:28   #5386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand

I have the autocop reverse sensor with the distance indicator in the IRVM.
My BIL's Polo has a beep-only reverse sensor.

I get the continuous beep at 0.3mts. 99% of the times, I'll stop there. Only on rare occasions, I go further till 0.2 mts.
My BIL's beep-only sensor also starts to emit a continuous beep at 0.3 mts.
So, the beep-only is more than enough if you ask me.
The distance indicator is more a cosmetic attraction than anything else.
Well if you ask me, it its always better to have a rear camera. What you see will be what you get. I have been using an RD rear view camera since I bought my car in 2009, working great. The camera does have a wide field of view and good placement is necessary. I had bought it for 7K then.
Old 21st October 2012, 19:58   #5387
BANNED

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

New fresh pics of the red beluga
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-22483_485589924808631_1360435171_n.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-552412_485589981475292_2045280069_n.jpg  

PAVAN KADAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2012, 00:15   #5388
Senior - BHPian

I recently moved from a Nokia phone to a Samsung phone (so Symbian to Android). The phone connects fine to Blue-n-Me, but when someone calls, I hear two different ring tones - one from Blue-n-Me (the trrng-trrng) and the other, of course, the ring tone from my phone. With the earlier phones (both Nokia), I used to hear only the ring tone from my phone. Is there any way to hear only one type of ring (just the one from my phone)?
Old 22nd October 2012, 07:15   #5389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky
I recently moved from a Nokia phone to a Samsung phone (so Symbian to Android). The phone connects fine to Blue-n-Me, but when someone calls, I hear two different ring tones - one from Blue-n-Me (the trrng-trrng) and the other, of course, the ring tone from my phone. With the earlier phones (both Nokia), I used to hear only the ring tone from my phone. Is there any way to hear only one type of ring (just the one from my phone)?
Its the other way round for me.. I hear 2 different rings on Nokia 5800 whereas its fine when I pair my Galaxy Note on my Linea's Blue n Me :-)
Old 22nd October 2012, 10:54   #5390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrohit17 View Post
Well if you ask me, it its always better to have a rear camera. What you see will be what you get. I have been using an RD rear view camera since I bought my car in 2009, working great. The camera does have a wide field of view and good placement is necessary. I had bought it for 7K then.
mrohit17, Camera is a different story altogether.
A video is always better compared to an audio or a graphic .
I was only opining about the "beep only" and the one with "distance indicator graphic"...both without camera.
Old 22nd October 2012, 12:33   #5391
BHPian

SUBJECT: A LEAK IS WITNESSED FROM POWER STEERING OIL CONTAINER, STAIN OVER THE CONTAINER BODY, AS A RESULT OF THE SPILLAGE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Thanks, man. About the power steering oil leak, it is not a leak as I found out this weekend, the level of fluid is well over max, me thinks that during extreme heat or something some fluid came out, as I do not find any fluids under the car when it is parked for days together. Rest assured, I am going to report this in my first service, and am sure TASS will change atleast the tubing under warranty. No issues there..

Hi @driv3r, could you please clarify, if the leak was found by you by from the oil stain as a result of the spill over in the wide rounded holder of the PS. oil container.

For the past few days i see a similar leak, in the above said area in my MJD, though the filler was in place tight and secure. The spill over looks like a leak emanated from the cap as if it leaked due to incomplete closure, do you have an info as to confirm if it could be because of a oil seal present in the filler cap that may have breached ?

Note: The PS oil level is between Min and Max and off late (4-5 days) off late i am forced to drive through some really rough patches though slow, in rains/ heavy rains in B2B traffic.

Once i had to drive through two very nasty unavoidable stagnant water stretches, both of them with about 4 feet deep water (600 meters stretch both put to gether) at a slow speed, i did not over rev though.

I personally feel to have witnessed this oil spillage incident only after this episode mentioned above.

Question 1: Does the Filler cap come with a oil seal that may have broken, could have caused this leak?
Question 2: Does driving in Stagnant water stretches cause the PS system to become haywire and spew oil ?
Question 3: Does driving in uneven roads for long duration in B2B traffic cause this ?
Question 4: Can i go for a quick fix (applying araldite/quickfix on the broken seal), if it really means well and appropriate.

If you have a work around, pl post . How do i narrow down and fix this issue myself.

Last edited by sriramr9 : 22nd October 2012 at 12:47.
Old 22nd October 2012, 12:56   #5392
BHPian

Marked the area appropriate for better understanding.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-fiat_grande_punto_engine_dsc02756_86.jpg  

sriramr9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2012, 20:23   #5393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat

Its the other way round for me.. I hear 2 different rings on Nokia 5800 whereas its fine when I pair my Galaxy Note on my Linea's Blue n Me :-)
I too have a Galaxy Note. Have you done any specific Bluetooth settings on your phone?
Old 22nd October 2012, 22:01   #5394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I think its pretty normal,after i updated IOS on my Iphone,I hear phone's ringtone through the speakers,and nothing from the phone.When i pair,a normal samsung phone,i hear blue and Me's ringtone,and again no tone from the phone.

PS:-Prior to the IOS update,Iphone used to behave like samsung,only Blue and Me's tone,and nothing else.

Last edited by akshay4587 : 22nd October 2012 at 22:05.
Old 2nd November 2012, 16:18   #5395
BANNED

Info for those in NCR

Urmil motors has stopped taking orders for FIAT and most probably we will have a new dealer in ghaziabad .What ever stock they have is finished & they are not sure if they will get new dealership or not.

Oberoi motors in noida will continue to function as Both show room and Service center for FIAT in noida. Per se Salesman , they have already signed on the dotted lines with FIAT and a new showroom cum service center is being build in Sector 63 noida. all most all manufacturers has showroom;s in sec 63 noida and seeing the construction going on , i think he is correct.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 2nd November 2012 at 16:19.
Old 2nd November 2012, 18:27   #5396
Senior - BHPian

Any aftermarket options for Punto wipers ?

My wipers are still stock OE ones - 3 yrs old. The rubber on them looks good but the driver side wiper makes a jerky ( not smooth ) movement across the windshield that's why I want to change them.
Old 2nd November 2012, 18:34   #5397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
all most all manufacturers has showroom;s in sec 63 noida
There was already a functioning TATA/FIAT SC run by Oberoi in Sec 63. I got my Punto serviced there 3 months back. Are you talking of the same building or have you seen an entirely different building for a dealership? Heard a rumour once, that the SC I am referring to, would become exclusive for FIAT.

Then there is Dynamic Auto as well, not too far, again in sec 63. It is also a good place for Fiats, esp. earlier generations. God knows what the owner of this place has in mind.

Slightly (or am I?) : Now going by the dwindling sales figures, it is service for a discontinued brand that I am more concerned about: I mean I am optimistic, but the graphs that GTO shows us each month, it doesn't really seem like Mr.Boparai/Mr.Attanasio have too many tricks left in the "jhappi". 568 in the ongoing festive season? Or is it in hexadecimal?

Have you seen the latest Fiat ad?

Why don't they start advertising JUST the engine? Knowing where the engines go, a significant number of people might change their choice of cars.(Sigh. Another desperate suggestion )

Damn...Fiat should ask the Japs and others, to write, "FIAT inside" on their cars.

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 2nd November 2012 at 18:37.
Old 3rd November 2012, 01:10   #5398
Senior - BHPian

Don't know if this was posted earlier. So, thought of sharing it here. It looks like Fiat is preparing more and more videos now a days.

Punto Vs i20

Punto Vs Polo

Last edited by rameshnanda : 3rd November 2012 at 01:12.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2012, 11:18   #5399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Don't know if this was posted earlier. So, thought of sharing it here. It looks like Fiat is preparing more and more videos now a days.

I don't think FIAT is behind these videos as there seems to be some good marketing effort that has gone into it!

A perfect ego booster for Punto owners.

To be fair, they should really compare the cars. If we notice, the Punto is compared on a different set of parameters each with the i20 and Polo.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2012, 12:53   #5400
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
I don't think FIAT is behind these videos as there seems to be some good marketing effort that has gone into it!

A perfect ego booster for Punto owners.

To be fair, they should really compare the cars. If we notice, the Punto is compared on a different set of parameters each with the i20 and Polo.
Does FIAT really know to advertise? I don't think they really do.

Most of the sales that are happening for FIAT is either through referrals or exchange/upgrade. Very few would be first time buyers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks