Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2012, 16:39   #4891
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Fiat have only 2 products currently and have to do some marketing to get noticed by the media. Limited Edition idea is good but that should not limit to just decals and chromes.

Do note that Palio S10 Limited Edition was launched when GTX was also on sale. Do you think that the difference between GTX and S10 is only the Yellow paint, skirting, spoilers and Sachin's Signature? Definitely not. S10 has got the different set of tune and came with a different gear box too. I am expecting something on this line for the Punto Sports LE version. Let us wait and see.

@Epic - Irish might have meant to say the most powerful Diesel hatch in India currently.
Old 16th May 2012, 20:41   #4892
BHPian

Re: Punto 90 HP - Launch on 18th May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
I suppose that Fiat has already launched the new Punto and Linea recently? They have some cool features like rain sensing wipers, auto headlights and stuff. I have seen some ads on TV for this.
Yes, that is true. And a really poor move, IMHO. Obviously, with these "smart" features it is going to be priced higher, and I, for one, think I am sensible enough to know when I need to turn on my wipers and headlamps. I don't need to pay FIAT to get a circuitry to do that for me.!!
Old 16th May 2012, 20:51   #4893
BHPian

please fiat upgrade that gearbox first to use all the power generated by the engine else this "most powerful hatch " tag will remain on paper not on road.They must at least upgrade the gearbox to ensure smooth power delivery the gearbox which is currently available in india will give optimum mileage and performance

Last edited by justin.das : 16th May 2012 at 20:56.
Old 16th May 2012, 23:39   #4894
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004
Maybe this is the new 90hp with the raised GC of the 2012 Puntos. Inputs anyone?
That was already available from march. I'm driving one. This seems to be a cosmetic make up variant.

2.36 lakhs off without bargaining on TJet in Chennai. I hope this does not follow that route.
Old 17th May 2012, 01:40   #4895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
That was already available from march. I'm driving one. This seems to be a cosmetic make up variant.
2.36 lakhs off without bargaining on TJet in Chennai. I hope this does not follow that route.
Though I understand the message behind your post but can safely say that this will never be offered at such a massive discount like T-Jet as it is a DIESEL and people are queuing up in large numbers to pick Diesel cars day by day.
Old 17th May 2012, 10:16   #4896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Though I understand the message behind your post but can safely say that this will never be offered at such a massive discount like T-Jet as it is a DIESEL and people are queuing up in large numbers to pick Diesel cars day by day.

Boy- T-JET is not Diesel, its a Turbo Petrol , obviously discounts are there.
Old 17th May 2012, 10:19   #4897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinya_jag
The "it" in this conversation refers to the Punto MJD, he knows its a diesel and said there wont be huge discounts on Punto 90 hp as this is a diesel and T jet is a petrol.
Seems you missed the context in a hurry.
Old 17th May 2012, 10:30   #4898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinya_jag View Post
Thank you for telling me what I already know very well as I already own a T-Jet and running it on Petrol till date.
Old 17th May 2012, 20:04   #4899
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
I bet, it is a puncture. The nail or whatever pierced the tyre is acting as a plug and not letting air escape easily. When it reach about 15-17 PSI there is not much pressure left to force air out and it will stay like that for many days.

Check your tyre immediately (full tyre immerse method). Till then you will be loosing precious mileage.

Cheers!

Vinu
Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
@CD: +1 to what Vinu said. I was exactly in the same shoes last month. My front right tyre was losing air faster than other tyres. After filling nitrogen 2 times, I took the tyre out and saw that there was a screw lodged which was acting as a plug and was letting the air out very slowly.
Thanks guys! Finally got time to get it checked. A nail was the culprit.

Got the tyre repaired and filled 29 PSI (instead of earlier 32). Big difference in ride quality. Wonder why FIAT has not mentioned this properly on the door (instead of mentioning 32 PSI).
Old 17th May 2012, 20:11   #4900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Wonder why FIAT has not mentioned this properly on the door (instead of mentioning 32 PSI).
Probably to eek out some more mileage. I think 32 PSI may give slightly better mileage than 29 PSI and no company wants to lose out to the famous question 'Kitna deti hein'.
Old 17th May 2012, 21:57   #4901
Team-BHP Support

Punto Sports details are up on the FIAT Caffe site

Fiat Caffe

Brochure has been uploaded in TFI

http://www.****************/fiat-ind...th-may-10.html

Sadly - there is nothing exciting about this launch.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 17th May 2012 at 21:59.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2012, 05:46   #4902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR
Punto Sports details are up on the FIAT Caffe site

Fiat Caffe

Brochure has been uploaded in TFI

http://www.****************/fiat-ind...th-may-10.html

Sadly - there is nothing exciting about this launch.
Would rather have them launch a T - Jet engined Punto variant for enthusiasts. When they have the engine, why not launch it? This is the difference between Maruti and Fiat. Maruti uses what it has very well.
Old 18th May 2012, 06:08   #4903
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat

Would rather have them launch a T - Jet engined Punto variant for enthusiasts. When they have the engine, why not launch it? This is the difference between Maruti and Fiat. Maruti uses what it has very well.
Doubtful if anything good will happen (for Fiat) because of that. They launched the Linea T-Jet and how many enthusiasts bought that? And now they are forced to sell those 1 year old numbers with massive discounts!

I guess a well-sorted Punto 90HP will do more numbers than the TJet, mainly due to the diesel advantage.

Those stickers are ugly indeed
Old 18th May 2012, 12:40   #4904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san
Doubtful if anything good will happen (for Fiat) because of that. They launched the Linea T-Jet and how many enthusiasts bought that? And now they are forced to sell those 1 year old numbers with massive discounts!

I guess a well-sorted Punto 90HP will do more numbers than the TJet, mainly due to the diesel advantage.

Those stickers are ugly indeed
Enthusiast market is always a niche market. We can't expect good numbers there.
On linea, the T-jet was brought in as existing petrol engine felt underpowered. Its definitely not in hot performance category, but gets the Linea in same power to weight ratio band as superlight hondas and hyundais. On a hatch, if they have a 140 bhp its definitely enticing. A lighter swift with 85 bhp and heavier Punto with 76, or 90bhp, are still comparable. Give the market something that stands apart. Even a 140 bhp diesel is welcome

Last edited by autocrat : 18th May 2012 at 12:43.
Old 18th May 2012, 12:50   #4905
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
Enthusiast market is always a niche market. We can't expect good numbers there.
Well yes, completely agree with that. Actually if there is Punto T-Jet, I may even go and buy one
But with Fiat, I would like to see something which can sell in good numbers (something like what Figo did to Ford).
Niche market is alright, but Fiat needs something to get them out of the niche brand tag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks