Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2009, 20:52   #466
BHPian

ah!!!! i guess ill never get my answer
Vish_Janu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2009, 20:56   #467
BHPian

Well,yesterday I went around town with 5 people on board including me.
I'm 5.7 and so were the 3 more occupants and the last guy was 5.11

One of the guys weighs 100kgs and the rest of them are pretty healthy(at least they are gym regulars).

The only complaint I got from them was :
"The rear seat is set too low".

This since the rear windows are set high up. But no one complained about lack of space.
Someone also compared it to another close friend's Indigo (saying that GP is more spacious)!!
And these words from people who sat in the car for couple of hours. No one complained of any aches or adjustments :P

Last edited by GTO : 1st July 2009 at 13:00. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Old 30th June 2009, 20:58   #468
BHPian

I was wondering how Fiat could officially offer Blue n Me. Isnt talking on the cellphone (even on bluetooth headset) while driving illegal ?
Old 30th June 2009, 21:22   #469
BHPian

I took a test drive of the Punto diesel last week. My impressions

- Looks fantastic from the outside
- Interiors were very average, didn't give the feel of a 7L car
- The blue and me stereo was fantastic, lots of buttons to play with
- The rear seat space is less if the front seats are pushed all the way back. That will only happen if the people sitting in the front are 6' +. For the average Indian, the front seat position will provide good space for the rear passengers
- I was very happy with the boot space, can easily swallow the luggage for a weekend trip
- The motor was very refined and the power came through very smoothly. No surge when the turbo kicks in like the Suzuki diesels
- The ride is awesome and far superior to other cars in its segment.

I had wanted to drive the 1.4 petrol as well but it was not available for TD.

I would rate it as a very good car to buy for most people.
Old 30th June 2009, 21:46   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrman View Post
I was wondering how Fiat could officially offer Blue n Me. Isnt talking on the cellphone (even on bluetooth headset) while driving illegal ?
Ah! You got it there. Indian laws are generally too outdated or for the new ones, too disconnected from reality. For instance, you can be fined if the cell phone is switched on while driving, two wheeler or four wheeler, does not matter. But phone can be switched on if there is a co-passenger, to pick up the phone. This amendment was done when the phones started coming out with handsfree speakers.
Old 30th June 2009, 22:43   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
@amogh: nice work, but you should have only considered price difference to upgrade to higher variant. that way, it is same for either petrol or diesel. When base price for petrol is lesser than diesel, the percentage increase is going to be higher for petrol than diesel.

Attachment 153400
You are right !! Here you go .. I have updated the calculations .. Thanks for the input

I was trying to find out the percentage margins Fiat is charging for upgrading to higher variants. It is apparent that they are charging a higher margin for Petrol.

The Punto Active Petrol is messing the numbers a little bit for the petrol variants since it has a completely different engine.

Hope the calculations make more sense now
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-punto-pricing.jpg  

Old 30th June 2009, 23:14   #472
Senior - BHPian

Amogh, as Comrade has rightly pointed out the % difference is higher in Petrol version coz the petrol base version (Active 1.2) costs the least (3.99 lacs) compared to the diesel base version cost (4.85 lacs).
The price difference between the Dynamic, Emotion and Emotion+ is same for both petrol and diesel models.

Last edited by finneyp : 30th June 2009 at 23:16.
Old 1st July 2009, 00:58   #473

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
All this hoopla about the fiat letting the front seat come back too much is just a load of nonsense. The car is cramped. Period!

I sat in the rear seat, with an average sized driver driving it, and it was terribly cramped. The all black interiors add to the gloomy feeling too.

I have to agree. I test drove the 1.4 Petrol version last Saturday and was left feeling completely underwhelmed with a car i had been eagerly waiting for for more than a year.

I'm 5'10 and like to drive with the seat pushed back. After my 7km test drive when we got back to the showroom i got in to the back seat and could not sit in the back seat ! That back seat is really cramped. Even though i need a car just for myself this was a deal-breaker for me as that would mean i wouldn't be able to seat more than 1 person in the back if/when required.
Old 1st July 2009, 01:00   #474
BHPian

for all the punto lovers here
hey guys guess which car the F1 world champion owns and hes going to take it for rallying
linky here
The Official Formula 1 Website
Old 1st July 2009, 08:57   #475
BHPian

I would like to disagree with everyone who says rear seat is cramped. I stand at 6'3" and have a stong build too, when I got back to the rear seat after driving the car, I could find only little space,but that doesn't mean it is cramped,because in all the B & C segment cars that I have travelled I find the same,or rather less, amount of space.In fact,GP offered me the maximum comfort amongst Accent,Palio,Swift,Vista,Dezire and other B & C segment cars.

Sometimes, I feel members in Team-bhp go over board in criticising the cars (I'm not a GP lover) without any substantiation,yes!everybody has their right to vent out their opinions here,but that doesn't mean it should be at the cost of reality.I request moderators to ammend some clause where people put down their opinions with substantiations,instead of putting it baselessly.
CliffHanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2009, 10:23   #476
BHPian

Can someone post equivalent models of swift & i20 with GP?

I mean something like:
swift LDI = GP Active
swift VDI = GP Dynamic = i20 Asta

etc
Old 1st July 2009, 10:32   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Can someone post equivalent models of swift & i20 with GP?

I mean something like:
swift LDI = GP Active
swift VDI = GP Dynamic = i20 Asta

etc
Swfit Ldi ~ 5.4
i 20 manga = 5.68
Punto MJD active = 5.75
Swift Vdi = 5.83

all prices are on road bangalore (lakhs)
Old 1st July 2009, 10:46   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
I would like to disagree with everyone who says rear seat is cramped. I stand at 6'3" and have a stong build too, when I got back to the rear seat after driving the car, I could find only little space,but that doesn't mean it is cramped,because in all the B & C segment cars that I have travelled I find the same,or rather less, amount of space.In fact,GP offered me the maximum comfort amongst Accent,Palio,Swift,Vista,Dezire and other B & C segment cars.

Sometimes, I feel members in Team-bhp go over board in criticising the cars (I'm not a GP lover) without any substantiation,yes!everybody has their right to vent out their opinions here,but that doesn't mean it should be at the cost of reality.I request moderators to ammend some clause where people put down their opinions with substantiations,instead of putting it baselessly.
People sit at different distance from the steering. Since no one is criticizing your liking of GP, just let go.

I drove the GP and found the rear a little cramped. I am just 5 7". Only my Civic has space behind and my Swift is also cramped with me in the driver's seat.

Be a lover not a fighter!
Old 1st July 2009, 10:47   #479
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,

In my previous post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1350764 I had mentioned about less leg space. But yesterday when I adjust the driving seat for myself (5'9") my friend who is 5'11" sat comfortably behind me. The seats are very comfy and soft than many other hatch (say Swift, i20, etc)

Cheers!
Old 1st July 2009, 10:53   #480
JVH
Senior - BHPian

It might be in the wrong thread but I'm assuming all the prospective Punto buyers or the proud Punto owners do check this thread regularly.

My question to you guys is - Are you getting the owner's/workshop and service repair manual along with the deliveries?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks