Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2012, 16:19   #4546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar
forget the name of OEM . Will post once i remember it . Is it delphi ??
It's Bosch, checked the HU brochure in my car. I drive an Oct 2010 90hp, so its been a long time now.
Old 16th March 2012, 16:26   #4547
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Have escalated it via their call center and they have asked for time till friday . post which i plan to escalate to Mr Mangesh and a lady , whose email id i got from CC people. i know of these people only. are there others as well , if you can PM me the details pls in case you have handy
I have PM'd you the info.
PM me back if you wan't any specific info. I would try my best to help you
Please keep us updated with the proceedings.
Old 16th March 2012, 17:27   #4548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
^^ that;s Possible with previous Blaukpaunt HU ;s Supplied with Punto's manufactured before sept or oct 2010 . After wards FIAT Switched to Other OEM Or basically Blaukpaunt was bought over by other company which disabled The AUX at Firmware level in HU . If one see on backside, hardware is still there to connect AUX Cable . As for USB goes, Hardware itself is missing So no way you can add a USB .

PS : - forget the name of OEM . Will post once i remember it . Is it delphi ??
Yes, As for my 2009 manufactured Punto with Blaupunkt HU it is possible to add on an Aux cable.

I was ignorant of the fact that the present OEM HU's do not support the AUX add-on.
Old 16th March 2012, 17:50   #4549
BHPian

I just got my new 2012 Linea Active-D a week back, and the HU has the word Blaupunkt written on the facia. This active version HU does not come with Aux/ USB options unlike the Dynamic/ Emotion trims.

So, does that mean it has got the Aux hardware in the backs side ? How to check that option ?

Pls can you explain how to access that port and connect the ipod/mp3 device? where to look for that hardware to connct the aux in cable?

Do I also need any other device/part to do this set up ?

Apology for too many questions in one post.
Old 16th March 2012, 20:13   #4550
BHPian

Took delivery of my punto emotion BNW today from VST motors, Chennai. The odo read 55 kms with the H symbol when I took delivery. Delivery was a smooth affair, reached showroom at 11 30, all the formalities got completed by 12 45 and got hold of the car. Gifted the SE with a Peter England shirt and some sweets. the guy was extremely cordial and helpful through out the process

My first impressions about the car, detailed review will come after a month.

-ves

1. Needs some getting used to, to drive in the city. Too many gearshifts
during peak traffic, my ford ikon 1.6 was a breeze to drive
2. Incoming calls through blue and me sets the speaker to max volume by
default, got head ache after continous calls, need to see the manual.
3. Got a warning light (pic attached) on the cluster after driving for
20kms. The message read, check numberplate light. Need to get it
rectified.
4. Seats somehow didnot feel v comfortable, the lumbar support feels wierd,
need to try out various adjustments now.

Now the +ves

1. The car feels rock solid, built very strong and feels safe to be inside
2. AC very efffective, in full Auto mode, cools in no time even during peak
afternoon heat.
3. Extemely composed ride, bumps dispatched with ease compared to ikon
4. Looks to kill.
5. Dad drove the car for a few kms, and was impressed, kept saying the
car feels very sophisticated

Missc :

1. During delivery, dad saw a champagne colour linea emotion parked nearby
and was paying more attention to it than my poor punto.
2. Lot of stares which I never got when I used to drive the ikon,
3. 10 minutes into the drive after taking delivery mom fel asleep, tells a lot
about the ride and AC

Attaching pics
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-1.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-2.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-3.jpg  

live2dream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2012, 00:16   #4551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2dream View Post
Took delivery of my punto emotion BNW today from VST motors, Chennai. The odo read 55 kms with the H symbol when I took delivery. Delivery was a smooth affair, reached showroom at 11 30, all the formalities got completed by 12 45 and got hold of the car. Gifted the SE with a Peter England shirt and some sweets. the guy was extremely cordial and helpful through out the process
Congrats! Car looks great! BTW, does your stereo system read 'Blaupunkt' on the facia?
Old 17th March 2012, 10:06   #4552
BHPian

550km update on the OBlue 1.2 punto 2012 dynamic:

1) First of all a big thank you to my friends who have been accompanying me in my car to office and back over the last 2 weeks. I have resumed driving after a span of several years, and they have been very encouraging!

2) FE: Strangely enough, I have been consistently getting a mileage of 14-16kmpl. I reset my trip meter everyday, travel around 56 km in all. Load : 4 adults, no ac, mixed Noida Sec 62 bottleneck and Noida extension road till Greater Noida and back. I shift to 5th after reaching 50kmph, and the rpm near to 2000. I seldom drive above 60kmph. I am happy with these figures.

3) Ride quality: Fantastic. Steering feedback and suspension, are just the way I had heard and read about in team-bhp. I am a conservative driver and again, very happy with the ride quality in all.

4) Bad points: Scratches, scratches and more scratches. On the 5 th day, a bike rammed into the left rear side bumper. No major damage, except the paint got faintly scratched and the rear bumper slightly misaligned. probably loosening the 4 screws and pushing it back and re-tightening the screws would realign it. Can I get it done during first service or will it be chargeable? The blue shade has become whitish on impact. Innumerable scratches from out of no where. Small ones, long ones, mostly very superficial, not so apparent from a distance, but they are there all right. And it is no figment of owners imagination.
Last week, some one intentionally scratched a 4 inch long stretch just below the boot lock. It just could not be another car or another vehicle. It is just neighbor's envy, I guess.

The deep blue is proving to be a little difficult to maintain.

5) We had rain a few days back. The dirt mixed with the rain had formed an even coating across the plastics over the windshield. After it had dried up, I cannot remove the "clayish" deposition using water and cloth. The texture finish of the plastic to blame? If I rub it with my finger, it comes off. Any clues as to how to remove these unsightly stains?

6) The number plate light warning: It is still there. I tried to remove the lens assembly as mentioned in the handbook, but I could not. I guess will get that checked at first service.

So far, so good : performance wise. Not that I would actually use it for a 60 km journey each day. I am just trying to get used to the car, brush up my driving skill and reach the 3k km milestone for the first service.

But what I have learnt: It is real tough to reconcile with the fact that your new car WILL get scratched, the new car WILL become old in a few days, and NOT all car owners read tbhp or love their cars like family members.

Bye for now.

Once again, thanks Pearlson, Satish, Arora saab.

Hi live2dream: why is the lamp faulty indicator glowing? Did you get a corresponding message on the screen? In my case it is the license plate light faulty. It is intermittent though.
Old 17th March 2012, 12:31   #4553
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I hear a "thud" from the rear suspension or axle when the car goes over sharp potholes or poorly designed speed breakers (the ones that are too high & short). This happens at low speeds as well. Is this normal?
Old 17th March 2012, 12:38   #4554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Guys, I hear a "thud" from the rear suspension or axle when the car goes over sharp potholes or poorly designed speed breakers (the ones that are too high & short). This happens at low speeds as well. Is this normal?
Quoting .anshuman from a previous post.. (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1966678)

^^Are you talking about the THUD so the Punto makes when you jump a speedbreaker? If Yes, the rear wheels of the Punto get airborne whenever the car jumps speedbreakers or passes them at speed, when the car lands on the road it makes a loud THUD sound. This thing does not occur when the rear seats are occupied, the reasons behind this may be insufficient travel and stiff setup of the rear suspension.

I have checked this in various Puntos, all the cars behave the same, meaning this is not a manufacturing defect and the dealer cannot do anything about it.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2012, 14:13   #4555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli
5) We had rain a few days back. The dirt mixed with the rain had formed an even coating across the plastics over the windshield. After it had dried up, I cannot remove the "clayish" deposition using water and cloth. The texture finish of the plastic to blame? If I rub it with my finger, it comes off. Any clues as to how to remove these.
Lapiz,
That's one of the sore points in maintaining a punto, the windshield plastics.
Suggestion : I brush windshield plastic with our very on cherry blossom shoe polish wax . Just polish it the way you polish your shoe, that would get it back to black look.
scofield is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th March 2012, 20:04   #4556
BHPian

@Scofield : Thanks. Will try the cherry blossom technique and also try to clean with an old tooth brush first.

Considering my car is still just about 18 days old, do you think it would be a good idea to have a water wash of the entire car, dry it and apply a coat of waxpol ultra glo or turtle wax, and repeat this every 6-8 weeks?
Old 18th March 2012, 07:58   #4557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli
@Scofield : Thanks. Will try the cherry blossom technique and also try to clean with an old tooth brush first.

Considering my car is still just about 18 days old, do you think it would be a good idea to have a water wash of the entire car, dry it and apply a coat of waxpol ultra glo or turtle wax, and repeat this every 6-8 weeks?
You may consider 3M paint protection. It must be done before you have any scratches and swirl marks. My friends Manza is still looking great with superb gloss 4 months after the treatment.
autocrat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2012, 19:10   #4558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
I have downloaded the file "Aggiornamento_BlueMe_5.6_22.12.2011.zip" but i dont know what to do next. I have copied it on to a formatted USB drive.

I tried to look for the info online but most sites are in italian :(

I updated the BnM on my Punto. But first it made me update to 5.5 and then the latest 5.6

the 5.5 update went smoothly and i heard the instruction '' Update Complete''; but when i ran the 5.6 update i came to ''Restarting'' and nothing happened. So i tried once more but same. Now when i turn the car on, the ODO reading keeps flashing. What wrong have i done? Can this be rectified at my end or i need to take car to dealer?

Awaiting response.

Thanks.

Regards,
Download the 5.6 update zip file for your car and open it.

One of the files inside is called "_Instructions - BlueMe 5.6_EN.pdf", which contains the steps to install. I am still getting a "Config Error" when I tried to upgrade, not sure what to do.
Old 18th March 2012, 20:03   #4559
BHPian

Hi,

I got delivery of my BNW Punto 2012 Dynamic on March 4th. I was initially planning to get my Punto delivered through VST motors, Chennai. But due to some address proof problems I couldn't get the loan approved from banks in Chennai. So got it done in my hometown Sivakasi and got the Punto delivered from ABT Madurai.

I did not write an ownership review yet as I only got the car from hometown yesterday. The car has ran around 1400 KM (distance from my hometown to chennai is 600 KM). I did take it to my office yesterday and it was good. But from today morning I'm hearing a small rattling sound on the right side wheel arch I believe. Still I'm not sure it's wheel arch or from elsewhere. I spoke to the SA to whom I was dealing in VST and he said he will look into my car tomorrow. Also, I'm having small rattling in left side door when the car runs over through rough patches. Does, anyone who have 2012 punto have this rattling?

Also, I'm planning to get the reverse parking sensor from VST tomorrow. The cost the SA quoted is Rs4500. Has anyone equipped their punto with reverse parking sensor and is the cost right?

Will take my car for a spin to ECR this weekend and will post a detailed review. But till now it's kind of a mixed experience. And the delivery experience what I got from ABT Madurai was nothing to speak about.

Thanks,
Sridhar
Old 18th March 2012, 20:36   #4560
BHPian

Looks like FIAT sales is made up of die-hard FIAT fans! One of the key reasons that FIAT is selling low could be - Dealer Attitude / Interest. I booked a test drive for Punto 90HP in website, and got a call the next day from FIAT. The caller assigned PRERANA MOTORS in Outer Ring Road, Bangalore for the test drive. (I am in Bangalore now, btw).

Two days later someone from PRERANA MOTORS called and asked if I want a Test Drive. I said "yes" and he replied "I will get back to you Sir". That's the response from PRERANA end. But the poor FIAT customer support followed up sincerely for 3 days and every time I told them that I did not get a Test Drive. Then it was Saturday and Sunday. No phone calls.

Yesterday I happened to visit Prerana Motors to check up LINEA for my Brother-in-Law. As usual the PRERANA guys were busy chatting themselves and I had to ask the guy if he is interested in showing me the Punto and the pricing details. Also I asked him why I did not get a test drive that I booked from FIAT website? He said "Oh is it Sir? The 90HP is not here sir. It is in our Head Office." and he called someone in the mobile and spoke in Kannada. With my near-zero kannada knowledge, I could barely understand anything. But few english words like "FIAT Website", "Punto 90 HP" made me interpret that he is telling someone about the failed test drive.

Anyways, there was a Punto and Linea TJET inside. Sat inside both, and liked Punto's rear seat than TJET. There was a 2012 Linea MJD for test drive and had a small drive around. Liked the super steering and comfort ride. But the MJD was very lousy in the test drive vehicle. Took its sweet time to pull, and made me think that my old ALTO is better!

So finally, I'd say PUNTO / LINEA may be a better vehicle - but the unfortunate tie up with TATA for sales channel is one of the culprit for the FIAT's sales going down. I've read the same comment numerous time in TBHP. And I've experienced it now. Dealer's lack of interest in selling a FIAT vehicle is clearly evident.
rajeshsundaram is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed