Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2012, 00:43   #4501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblood View Post
just a query guys is the H symbol only for fiat cars..?? As i have just book a fabia 1.6 and it is not visible on its odo although it shows only 22Kms..
Yes its only on Fiat cars. Don't know the full form but my guess that it should mean Handed-over to the customer.
Old 11th March 2012, 09:03   #4502
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Was a long, happy day for me today.
Congrats CrazyDriver for the punto. Wishing you happy miles ahead and punto to be the best companion for your crazy driving. Its time to change your avatar pic.
Old 11th March 2012, 09:20   #4503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR
Was a long, happy day for me today. Will post the detailed impressions tomorrow. Ownership log will come up in a month's time, after running about 3k kms.
Congrats buddy!

Wishing you a very safe, happy and satisfying ownership experience!

The 90HP is a great mile muncher and simply brilliant in the twisties!

Look forward to your future posts

I am happy to see more Fiats, and I will get my Fiat in about a weeks time
Old 11th March 2012, 12:48   #4504
BHPian

Quote:
Was a long, happy day for me today.
Congrats on your Punto. Enjoy your miles now!
And it's nice to see a convert here

I took a test drive of a 2012 Punto y'day and I was bowled over by just the ride itself. It is truly a magic carpet.

Compared to my Palio SDX the cabin is well insulated and the Clutch is super light but I would take the foot well of a Palio any day since for a person with large feet like me the Punto's foot well is cramped.
Old 11th March 2012, 13:06   #4505
Team-BHP Support

Guys what would be a good price for a 2010 1.3 Emo pack? Bought it in May 2010 and might be selling it soon. The car has done about 13k kms and visually is in 9.5/10 condition and mechanically the same condition too, spare some rattle from the rear which needs to be fixed. Its running Yoko C-drives, has Vkool sunfilm installed along with a slightly better music system.
Old 11th March 2012, 15:12   #4506
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Crazy Driver. The car looks fabulous in white! Is it a 90 bhp one?

Of all the hatches on India's roads, the Punto and Polo are the best-looking. In fact they look great from any angle.

Edit: Saw just now from prior posts that it is a 90 bhp model. Congrats once again. Do let us know if city-driving makes a difference on this version compared to the normal one. I did read the review long back which stated that it is only on highways that the extra horses show their presence.

Last edited by vnabhi : 11th March 2012 at 15:16.
Old 11th March 2012, 15:56   #4507
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Crazy driver and all others who have booked the Punto. I've taken delivery of my Tuscon Wine Punto last week, will put up my ownership thread after running it in for around 1000 kms or so.

Cheers
Old 11th March 2012, 18:57   #4508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydofcochin

I would take the foot well of a Palio any day since for a person with large feet like me the Punto's foot well is cramped.
I m wondering if the center console can be removed and the footrest sawn off (footrest projects from this).

I really dont mind doing this if the job can be finished well. Will drive around for a few weeks to see if I can get 'adjusted' to this and then decide.

This is the only fly in the ointment for me in an otherwise brilliant car.

Last edited by autocrat : 11th March 2012 at 18:58.
Old 11th March 2012, 20:33   #4509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Guys what would be a good price for a 2010 1.3 Emo pack? Bought it in May 2010 and might be selling it soon. The car has done about 13k kms and visually is in 9.5/10 condition and mechanically the same condition too, spare some rattle from the rear which needs to be fixed. Its running Yoko C-drives, has Vkool sunfilm installed along with a slightly better music system.
Carwale quotes about 5L for an excellent car. CarValue | Used | CarWale CarValue - CarWale

Wait till March 16th and if the proposed diesel tax does come in, expect the resale of all diesel cars to soar...
Old 12th March 2012, 01:13   #4510
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Congrats on your car! The tint looks HOT!
The tint was a mistake by the dealership. I had not asked for them, and those are pretty dark! They do look great on a white car, hence we decided to overlook that little goof-up in an otherwise fantastic dealership experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePunter View Post
Congratulations for the new prized possession.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Congrats CrazyDriver for the punto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
Congrats buddy!
Thanks guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Guys what would be a good price for a 2010 1.3 Emo pack?
As fiat_tarun has rightly pointed out - wait for the budget. If the proposed taxes are implemented - prices for used diesel cars will go up as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Congrats Crazy Driver. Do let us know if city-driving makes a difference on this version compared to the normal one.
I have been trying to keep the rpm below 2000 till now, and it feels as slow/fast as the 75hp. I dont see any major difference from 75hp. But again, too early to comment authoritatively.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
I've taken delivery of my Tuscon Wine Punto last week
Congrats!

Thats a beautiful colour! I had a very tough time deciding between Tusan Wine and BNW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydofcochin View Post
but I would take the foot well of a Palio any day since for a person with large feet like me the Punto's foot well is cramped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
This is the only fly in the ointment for me in an otherwise brilliant car.
Day 1- Yesterday while taking delivery from the dealership- I just couldnt get the pedals correctly with the shoes on. Took it off, and had a tough time wearing shows whenever we stopped somewhere.

Day 2- I've driven around 60kms today with my size-10 Woodlands (The typical Woodlands design with huge sole underneath- It just can't get any bigger than this!). Its just a matter of getting used to - IMHO.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 12th March 2012 at 01:38.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 01:59   #4511
Team-BHP Support

First impressions/ Doubts from Day 2-
  • I was expecting the stock music system to be absolute crap. I had even charted my Stage-I upgrade plan with the help of T-Bhp'ian and friend crazybiker46. However - the system has managed to surprise me. Although its not amazing, it feels good enough at the volumes i listen to, and for this segment of cars. Will check a few more days, and see if Stage I is really needed (Will go to Stage II directly bit later then!).
  • I thought Punto had a 4 speakers. I didnt expect tweeters to be included in the system. Something specific to 90HP?
  • Lack of underthigh support / Long travel clutch is a pain at times!
  • Delightful steering, suspension systems! Also, as gemithomas (IIRC) mentioned in some FIAT thread - you park the car, walk away - you'll have the itch to turn back and have a look at the car- and then - you can't help smiling - its a beauty! Reminds me of Linea's old tagline - Cause I'm stuck at the sight of you...
  • Bought Samsung Mobile Original Car charger today. Plugs in neatly - and mobile can be kept on the rubberised space provided below the handbrake lever. We have an S and an S2 , and hence went for Samsung original - instead of the usual multi pin type!
  • Planning to buy car covers (OE) + get reverse sensors (OE) installed tomorrow, IF white coloured sensors are available and IF they can be done at the dealership. If i need to take it to the service station - these will need to wait. Does the OE reverse sensor come with audio alert, or only visual alert on the mirror?

Mods: Sorry for back to back posts. Time limit is over.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 12th March 2012 at 02:07.
Old 12th March 2012, 06:27   #4512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
  • Planning to buy car covers (OE) + get reverse sensors (OE) installed tomorrow, IF white coloured sensors are available and IF they can be done at the dealership. If i need to take it to the service station - these will need to wait. Does the OE reverse sensor come with audio alert, or only visual alert on the mirror?
The OE reverse sensors are cheap Minda or some chinese make. You WILL LOOSE DAY/NIGHT FACILITY of the OE RWM - Beware

Yes the reverse sensor comes with a audio alert with a sexy chinky voice telling you the distance and STOOOOPPPPP! along with the visual alert on the mirror!

And congrats on the FIAT.
Old 12th March 2012, 08:29   #4513
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
The OE reverse sensors are cheap Minda or some chinese make. You WILL LOOSE DAY/NIGHT FACILITY of the OE RWM - Beware

Yes the reverse sensor comes with a audio alert with a sexy chinky voice telling you the distance and STOOOOPPPPP! along with the visual alert on the mirror!

And congrats on the FIAT.
I read an earlier post from you yesterday, about losing day/night mirror functionality. That should be ok, since I have pretty dark tints anyways, so not much glare at night.

Other than that, any issues with the OE sensors? Chinky voice is really irritating? How is the add on mirror- does it look cheap?

Any other recommended brands? The car is bigger than what I had in mind, rear visibility is poor + I'll need to reverse into my parking lot (infested with bikes ) at midnight. Hence sensors seem to be a necessity.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 12th March 2012 at 08:31.
Old 12th March 2012, 08:38   #4514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Other than that, any issues with the OE sensors? Chinky voice is really irritating? How is the add on mirror- does it look cheap?

Any other recommended brands? The car is bigger than what I had in mind, rear visibility is poor + I'll need to reverse into my parking lot (infested with bikes ) at midnight. Hence sensors seem to be a necessity.
There are 2 brands from the dealer, one is MINDA and the other is Circuit I. I've got the latter in both our Puntos.

The functionality is fairly OK, but dont expect eyes in the rear!! They work for solid obstacles pretty well.

The car FYI is as wide as a MM540 Jeep with both door mirrors extended and in use.
Old 12th March 2012, 08:47   #4515
BHPian

[quote=CrAzY dRiVeR;2710760]First impressions/ Doubts from Day 2-
[list][*]I was expecting the stock music system to be absolute crap. I had even charted my Stage-I upgrade plan with the help of T-Bhp'ian and friend crazybiker46. However - the system has managed to surprise me. Although its not amazing, it feels good enough at the volumes i listen to, and for this segment of cars. Will check a few more days, and see if Stage I is really needed (Will go to Stage II directly bit later then!)

During my couple of visits to VST showroon, I had checked out the sound quality of 3 to 4 puntos , some of the felt really crappy, whereas some of them felt decently good. When asked about this to the SA, the brand of speakers may vary on some cars. You might be one of the lucky ones.

Most Viewed