Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2012, 08:32   #4456
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Does Punto suffer from 'tornado fan' as in the Palio MJD? Does it kick up dust?

How did you guys put the numberplate? By drilling holes in the rear bumber? Couldn't see any provision for number plate in punto 2012.
The AC in my car is loud but doesn't kick up any dust.

Yes there are no holes for fitting number plates.
The mechanic drilled 4 holes on each plate and placed it on the bumper and used screws to fit it on the bumpers.
The screws were directly driven into the plastic bumper.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 09:41   #4457
BHPian

Quote:
Somehow, I feel 90HP deliveries may be less/ stopped in March, to launch the new version (rumoured) by March end/ April beginning. Dealers expect a price increase soon - and there is no way FIAT can increase the price of the (already overpriced without discounts) 90HP without bringing out a facelift.

I have also booked 90HP by feb end. I heard the same story from 2 dealers in Chennai that time itself!

Hi,
What is this "rumoured" new version for 90 HP. Could you point me a thread which has more details, please?

Thank you.
Jagan.
Old 6th March 2012, 09:47   #4458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How did you guys put the numberplate? By drilling holes in the rear bumber? Couldn't see any provision for number plate in punto 2012.
Please use 3M double sided tape generously. That way you need not drill your bumpers.
DRIV3R is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 10:03   #4459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Did they ask you to pay the full amount in advance?
Otherwise if the car comes after budget, revised price is applicable right?
AFAIK, Even if you had paid the full amount in advance, if u hadn't received your car and registered it before the price hike, you will have to pay the hiked price only. This is the standard followed by all car manufacturers. The price on the day of delivery is applicable, not the price when you paid the full amount
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 10:41   #4460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
AFAIK, Even if you had paid the full amount in advance, if u hadn't received your car and registered it before the price hike, you will have to pay the hiked price only. This is the standard followed by all car manufacturers. The price on the day of delivery is applicable, not the price when you paid the full amount
The additional 10% excise duty is added to the ex-showroom price of the car, and not the registration/life time tax.

Hence, if your car is invoiced from the dealer side for the full OTR amount before March 15th, you can very well enjoy the old price. Hope that clears everything up.
DRIV3R is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 12:29   #4461
J.Ravi

Quote:
Did they ask you to pay the full amount in advance? Otherwise if the car comes after budget, revised price is applicable right?
Yes. You are right. If the full amount is paid, the price is frozen. That's what I experienced when I bought my Linea 2.5 years back from Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle, Bangalore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
The price on the day of delivery is applicable, not the price when you paid the full amount
Based on the assurance from the SA that the price would be frozen, I paid the full amount in two installments well before the delivery of my Linea as I had lurking fear of an imminent price-hike. But, when I took delivery, FIAT India introduced additional Rs 5 k for premium colours with the invoice showing a difference of Rs 5 k plus between the amount paid and amount due. When I pointed out the difference, the SA refused to accept any additional payment saying that I had already paid the full amount!

Last edited by J.Ravi : 6th March 2012 at 12:37.
  (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 12:41   #4462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
The additional 10% excise duty is added to the ex-showroom price of the car, and not the registration/life time tax.

Hence, if your car is invoiced from the dealer side for the full OTR amount before March 15th, you can very well enjoy the old price. Hope that clears everything up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Yes. You are right. If the full amount is paid, the price is frozen. That's what I experienced when I bought my Linea 2.5 years back from Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle, Bangalore.

Based on the assurance from the SA that the price would be frozen, I paid the full amount in two installments well before the delivery of my Linea as I had lurking fear of an imminent price-hike. But, when I took delivery, FIAT India introduced additional Rs 5 k for premium colours with the invoice showing a difference of Rs 5 k plus between the amount paid and amount due. When I pointed out the difference, the SA refused to accept any additional payment saying that I had already paid the full amount!

I would like to add that this holds good only for FIAT. Not for other manufacturers, like say Maruti. Maruti invoices the car only after it has arrived/manufactured.
DRIV3R is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 13:22   #4463
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
I am totally confused by these Sales Personnel! Every time they are telling new stories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
Same was told to me at concorde.
Could be a sales tactic!

Quote:
..Otherwise if the car comes after budget, revised price is applicable right?
Some people make full payment at the time of booking and get a "price protection" guaranteed from the dealer to avoid further hikes. In this case, they get the car invoiced at the booking price itself, irrespective of hikes or no hikes after booking date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan0677 View Post
What is this "rumoured" new version for 90 HP. Could you point me a thread which has more details, please?
Unfortunately, there is NOT much info available on any site about this. The new version will have higher GC & might come with some additional features than the current model. Another speculation is that this version might be launched in April!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 14:01   #4464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Could be a sales tactic!
yeah, i guess it’s just the sales tactics . My friend only paid booking advance, so i guess in case of price fluctuation, he may have to pay extra. I will ask him to check with the dealer. My friend wanted Tucson Red which is not easily available in 90bhp according to SP, he said "sir i can get Black or Grey easily in 90 bhp". Don’t know why there is so much fuss about color of car.

Anyway dealer has told that he will try best to get the 90bhp else 75bhp is the one which is most likely my friend will get
Old 6th March 2012, 14:59   #4465
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
...My friend wanted Tucson Red which is not easily available in 90bhp according to SP, he said "sir i can get Black or Grey easily in 90 bhp". Don’t know why there is so much fuss about color of car.
My guess is they have Black or grey in stock [unsold ones]. Usually black is the one with less sales and can't really believe what he says. Anyway before he takes delivery, please ask him to check the VIN. I smell something fishy with all these statements!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 17:31   #4466
BHPian

Thanks everyone who replied for my query.
I had booked a Swift ZDI in september and got a call from dealer saying it is in transit and i will get it within 20 days. Even if any proce hike during budget, it will be applicable from april onwards. right?
I am planning to pay the full amount befor 16th of march.
Old 6th March 2012, 21:00   #4467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
The A/C in Punto is very powerful.

Try keeping the AC in full auto mode (press the round button on left to switch it on), keep the temp at 16 degrees & not LOW (i keep it at 21 degrees & it chills in no time) & press the re-circulation button since it starts in fresh air mode by default (the lowest button on right).

DO NOT KEEP THE ACC ON "LOW".
Keep it at 16-17 degrees if you want but not LOW.
Sorry for the late replies sir, this is with reference to the low A/c effect i had been complaining here ever since i took delivery of my 2012 MJD punto. The issue finally aggravated to a point of Zero cooling last saturday. Many subsequent tries resulted to no improvement.

Marched to Concorde ECR (Chennai Dealer/service center for FIAT and TATA) and addressed the issue, Service coordinator was kind of enough of taking it under warranty and asked for 2 days time as being monday morning already vehicles in bay left over on Saturday.

I was told later to expect even more prompt attention from SVC as the vehicle is brand new and also is in warranty period compared to vehicles brought in for free and paid services.

Today (tuesday evening) got a SMS stating vehicle to be ready and there was a O-Ring Seal breach holding up one of the components in the A/c system and that has been replaced,

Questions:
1. Can a O Ring breach cause the refrigerant to leak out entirely. the doubt here is the cooling was moderate Saturday morning and faded to Zero Saturday Afternoon flat.
2. Would they have re-filled the refrigerant once after installing the O ring ? Please consider my novice questions and give your feedback.

I did ask the coordinator he assumingly said they would have recharged the refrigerant as well. Not sure though.

Prospective Punto owners 2012, Check your A/c system thoroughly during PDI and please take a temperature guage (digital available) and check it with full blast and consistency in maintaining the temp. i think the temp guage should dip to atleats 10 degrees when kept the blower in full blast.
sriramr9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 02:27   #4468
Team-BHP Support

Guys, my 90 HP seems to have arrived at the dealership. I'll be doing a PDI on Thursday morning. Any pointers on the same? Anything to watch out for?

Will definitely be checking the VIN and a/c (after reading above post).
Old 7th March 2012, 10:51   #4469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, my 90 HP seems to have arrived at the dealership. I'll be doing a PDI on Thursday morning. Any pointers on the same? Anything to watch out for?

Will definitely be checking the VIN and a/c (after reading above post).
  • 'H' in the odometer, that way you ensure that the odo is not been reset
  • Inconsistencies in the running line from the front fender to the front door, If present get them aligned from the PDI people
Other than that, go armed with the TBHP checklist.
DRIV3R is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 13:47   #4470
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
  • 'H' in the odometer, that way you ensure that the odo is not been reset
  • Inconsistencies in the running line from the front fender to the front door, If present get them aligned from the PDI people
Other than that, go armed with the TBHP checklist.
Using our PDI checklist for the first time.

Whats in there regarding PDI at all? We are talking about the checklist PDF in this page - 1, right? ( http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html )It only says to check the VIN before registration. Rest of it deals with delivery process!

I guess I'm definitely looking at the wrong page.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th March 2012 at 13:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks