Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2012, 15:44   #4366
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
Look for a white sticker with vin number under the left rear view mirror. IIRC, also in the boot where the stepney is placed.
In the Punto, the VIN number is on the floor, ahead of the front passenger seat. You need to lift the carpet to see the VIN.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 16:08   #4367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Good to see you go to a FIAT. Please do keep in mind that the price you pay for an excellent car is some lousy dealership experiences. But every time you get behind the wheel the FIAT would surely make you smile.
I have actually spend last two weeks just to finalize my car. I am used to drive a Scorpio but had to sell it as it was ageing and giving me nightmare of issues. I have finalized Toyota Liva but the "Take it or leave it" attitude of Toyota showroom just turned me off. I have taken test ride for Figo, Ritz but Punto just have blown my mind.

I know that I have turn my head it the grave with service issues but my heart just gave in. So expecting to get my 1.3 Active around March 15. Please give all your prayers so that my car can have an uneventful life.
Rup_Chatterjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 16:56   #4368
BHPian

Today, i got a call from my dealer(Triumph, Faridabad) that they got the instruction from Fiat to check my Punto's rear dead axle and replace it if they found it faulty.

Does anyone got the same call from their dealer?

My Punto is Dec 2010 model (MJD Active Variant)
Old 22nd February 2012, 17:04   #4369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rup_Chatterjee View Post
I have actually spend last two weeks just to finalize my car. I am used to drive a Scorpio but had to sell it as it was ageing and giving me nightmare of issues. I have finalized Toyota Liva but the "Take it or leave it" attitude of Toyota showroom just turned me off. I have taken test ride for Figo, Ritz but Punto just have blown my mind.

I know that I have turn my head it the grave with service issues but my heart just gave in. So expecting to get my 1.3 Active around March 15. Please give all your prayers so that my car can have an uneventful life.
Congratulations on your Punto. I am sure that you will have great driving experience with your car. You will never regret for your decision of going in for Punto.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 09:39   #4370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rup_Chatterjee View Post
Congratulations on booking your car, whatever service woes you may ( i hope not) would surely be offset by the smiles you get whenver you drive.

And BTW, I've booked Punto Emotion myself too. Expecting the delivery this Saturday.

Cheers
Old 24th February 2012, 15:29   #4371
BHPian

Took a long drive of my brothers Punter (emotion 2012 Diesel).
Super smooth drive and very less engine sound on idle.
Gear shifting has realy improved and was surprised that i was able to move car in 2nd and 3 rd gear from standstill.
Just one doubt in idle a small hiss sound is coming from rear near the wheels. Its like air is blowing out (this was without AC) and could be heard only if outside the car and not inside.
Is this normal or may be some issue?
Old 24th February 2012, 17:23   #4372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoweirdo
Just one doubt in idle a small hiss sound is coming from rear near the wheels. Its like air is blowing out (this was without AC) and could be heard only if outside the car and not inside.
It may be the feed pump (priming pump located inside/near the tank to supply to the main pump) sound. Check if same sound is heard in another new Punto at the dealership.

Its not ubnormal for the feed pump to make some noise.

Last edited by autocrat : 24th February 2012 at 17:25.
autocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 18:45   #4373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoweirdo
Its like air is blowing out (this was without AC) and could be heard only if outside the car and not inside.
The hissing sound is from the fuel pump, all Puntos has it. It's quite normal, don't worry about it.

Last edited by nkg77 : 24th February 2012 at 18:46.
nkg77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 21:23   #4374
BHPian

^^ Similar issue had been discussed in Swift thread. As told it is from fuel pump
Old 25th February 2012, 02:02   #4375
Team-BHP Support

Anyone had warranty issues after upgrading to 100/90 headlamps on Punto?

Saw reverse sensors at dealership for 3999. Anyone tried this? Is it just audio assist?
Old 25th February 2012, 06:33   #4376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Saw reverse sensors at dealership for 3999. Anyone tried this? Is it just audio assist?
PLEASE DO NOT go for the reverse sensor with the dealer. IT IS A CON JOB. They give you a cheap mirror in which the vehicle display comes on and the FRIGGIN MAKE HOLES IN YOUR REAR BUMPER to fix the sensors.

Though it works fine for me in both my MJDs, I loose the DAY/NIGHT feature of the RWM and this is irritating on the long night drives that I do regularly.

What I have done is removed the sensor PCB from the mirror assembly and fixed it elsewhere on the facia - Looks crude but works.

So, in a nutshell, if youi do not do lot of night drive then its very helpful, else you will curse it sooner than you thank it!!
headers is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2012, 07:57   #4377
BHPian

I am planning to fix a camera with small LCD screen on dash which should work with Audio system & GPS(map my india) as well, any suggestion guys? looking for a screen size 7" - 9".
Old 25th February 2012, 08:09   #4378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon
I am planning to fix a camera with small LCD screen on dash which should work with Audio system & GPS(map my india) as well,
A reversing camera is helpful, but not sufficient. The widest wide angle cam can not show what obstacles on the corners (as cam is mounted in the center), which is more vulnerable to hits.

A good arrangement will be a 4 sensor system with 2 sensors placed towards extremes of the bumper + a camera.

Plus sensors are more effective and reliable in the night

Last edited by autocrat : 25th February 2012 at 08:13.
autocrat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2012, 08:15   #4379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
A reversing camera is helpful, but not sufficient. The widest wide angle cam can not show what obstacles on the corners (as cam is mounted in the center), which is more vulnerable to hits.

A good arrangement will be a 4 sensor system with 2 sensors placed towards extremes of the bumper + a camera.
Thanks but I am not getting the exact E-red color sensors in market, the nearest one is the Swift Red one, I used sensors in my Alto which was helpfull, but in last 1.5 yrs without sensons I got a base idea about the rare distance, the only thing bothers me is the central distance, sides I can manage with mirrors pointing down. I don't want to put 5 holes in my bumper, I want to mount the camera above number plate zone.
Old 25th February 2012, 08:28   #4380
BHPian

To all those who are debating on the Punto v/s Swift deal, here is my 2 cents.

I have both the cars and after 50,000 each on both of them, the swift makes a hell lot of noise and all of it doesnt come from the engine. The suspension also have gone all squishy and I can feel all the imperfections of the road. Where as the Punto is still as good as new. No rattles, Suspension is still solid. Havent had any issues yet from the service guys. In fact it has been quite excellent even opening up their service centre at 10pm on a holiday to take care of a situation I had.

Initially we were all quite taken in by the sudden rush of power on the swift and the younger lot of the family made a beeline for the car. These days its the Punto, the car of choice.
ronin is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks