Old 22nd January 2012, 13:49   #4141
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
Here is the deal I am being offered.
Model: punto 90 HP
COLOR: tuscan wine
Year: April/may 2011
Kms done: 2100
Discount offered: flat 1L Rs Off the on road price.

Took an extended test drive ofthe car and felt the brakes were a little spongy and not sharp enough, also the AC was not cooling the cabin fast enough. Good thing was no rattles or squeaks. I also could not feel any performance difference between the 75hp our 90 hp.

It all seemed good till they bamboozled me with this clause. They are giving me the car with just 1 years warranty along with 3 free services that need to be completed within 1 year. This is just illogical, when the company mentions service intervals of 15k kms or 1 year which ever is earlier, I just fail to understand this logic.

When grilled further I was told this is an mandate from tata motors for sale of test drive vehicles. Moreover, no extended warranty will be applicable to this vehicle and nor can it be purchased. It seems that they just want to wash their hands off the vehicle.

I hav requested them to figure out if extended warranty could be applicable to this car, but in all likelihood I don't think the car is worth the hassle. I need peace of mind in my ownership, not a sword hanging on the back of my neck that I am not covered incase something goes wrong with the car.

Looking forward to your inputs on this.

Warm regards
Old 22nd January 2012, 14:05   #4142
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Hi,

It all seemed good till they bamboozled me with this clause. They are giving me the car with just 1 years warranty along with 3 free services that need to be completed within 1 year. This is just illogical, when the company mentions service intervals of 15k kms or 1 year which ever is earlier, I just fail to understand this logic.

I hav requested them to figure out if extended warranty could be applicable to this car, but in all likelihood I don't think the car is worth the hassle. I need peace of mind in my ownership, not a sword hanging on the back of my neck that I am not covered incase something goes wrong with the car.
One word. Stay Away!! Two reasons why i say this:

1. The dealer says its a TD vehicle and we all know how much TD cars are abused. This car has taken all that abuse in the run-in period of 1k kms. God only knows how much of an internal damage it would've done.

2. The dealer is hesitant to give you the standard warranty of 2 years. If he's so unsure about the car, why should you take the risk ?

Hope it helps and you find a good deal on a 2012 Punto. Keep a tab on the sales figures, and if you can wait by mid-march i'm sure you'll have some offers.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2012, 14:30   #4143
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
Warm regards
So if you were to buy a 1 year old, punto 90hp with 8-10k km on the odo, from used car market, how much would that cost?

For all purposes, compare this TD car deal to a used car deal. Infact used car deal will be a better option as in all probability the car will have remaining services and 4 yr extended warranty.

1L discount on a 1 year old fiat car, which has just been upgraded is nothing. I am assuming they would not have regd this car and used it as a TD car w/ temp regn, so only difference is you being the first owner here.

I suggest you pass.

Last edited by Amartya : 26th January 2012 at 02:10. Reason: Edited out the long quoted post.Just makes it easier to read. Cheers.
amit1234singla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2012, 17:17   #4144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
One word. Stay Away!! Two reasons why i say this:

1. The dealer says its a TD vehicle and we all know how much TD cars are abused. This car has taken all that abuse in the run-in period of 1k kms. God only knows how much of an internal damage it would've done.

2. The dealer is hesitant to give you the standard warranty of 2 years. If he's so unsure about the car, why should you take the risk ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
So if you were to buy a 1 year old, punto 90hp with 8-10k km on the odo, from used car market, how much would that cost?

I suggest you pass.
Thanks for the sane advice and yes I vehemently agree with both of you. If Tata is unable to take responsibility of the cars they sell why should I as a buyer put in 7L of my hard earned money.

@Amit, I have not checked what would a used 90HP cost but I don't want to go in for a used car. The only reason I got tempted was the discount they were offering, had I known upfront about the service and warranty I wouldn't even bother giving the car a second glance.

And yes, now I will wait till March/April to see how much discount is being offered by Fiat. Also I feel the upgrade that Fiat has done to the Punto will not be enough to pull in buyers.

Thanks again for the response.

Cheers

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 22nd January 2012 at 17:18.
Old 22nd January 2012, 21:09   #4145
BANNED

Quote:
Hi,
Warm regards
The same thing happened with me when I was looking for SX4 AT and I came across one such car with discount, had run only 2000 km as per ODO, did test drive and felt run much more. They were offering only one Year warranty no more and Warranty was from dealer and not from the manufacturer. I didn't take it, assuming test drive car, refurbished.

Last edited by Amartya : 26th January 2012 at 02:11. Reason: Edited out the long quoted post. Just makes it easier to read. Cheers.
jacksons is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2012, 22:46   #4146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
The same thing happened with me when I was looking for SX4 AT and I came across one such car with discount, had run only 2000 km as per ODO, did test drive and felt run much more. They were offering only one Year warranty no more and Warranty was from dealer and not from the manufacturer. I didn't take it, assuming test drive car, refurbished.
I reckon the dealers/company know the test drive cars are abused so much that they know eventually something or the other would go wrong with the car.

Feeling relieved not going for this deal. Incase anyone is interested there is a Fox Trot Azure Punto 90HP still available with the same dealer. Mind, this is not a test drive vehicle but an unsold car. I believe this too is a April/May manufactured car.

Regards
Old 23rd January 2012, 06:23   #4147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The only reason I got tempted was the discount they were offering, had I known upfront about the service and warranty I wouldn't even bother giving the car a second glance.
Such cars should be bargained at Ex Showroom price - upto 20% off.

The trick is usually in the Insurance and Registration where the dealership makes money so 1L there is no big deal
headers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 08:59   #4148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Such cars should be bargained at Ex Showroom price - upto 20% off.

The trick is usually in the Insurance and Registration where the dealership makes money so 1L there is no big deal
Exactly, they are offering free insurance and 10K cash discount on the other 2011 car. Anyways its a closed chapter now.
Old 24th January 2012, 15:38   #4149
BHPian

Has anyone got pictures or has seen the Oceanic Blue Punto launched in 2012. Is it different from the Electric Blue that was there when launched in 2009. At Fiat's website it looks just the same as the earlier shade.
Old 24th January 2012, 15:57   #4150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Has anyone got pictures or has seen the Oceanic Blue Punto launched in 2012. Is it different from the Electric Blue that was there when launched in 2009. At Fiat's website it looks just the same as the earlier shade.
sidindica has posted pics of Punto/Linea in the new shade here. This looks different from the old Electric Blue.
StarrySky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 17:54   #4151
BHPian

i have booked Punto 2012 in KHT Motors, Bangalore.
they offered me insurance + Road Side assistance = 4000Rs. it almost reduced on road price by Rs. 16000 + 3500 and i'm taking the delivery on this friday.

and of course i will write my complete buying experience and the initial ownership report.
tht'snotME is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 21:29   #4152
BHPian

^^ Congrats on your punto.
When you booked the car? I am seriously thinking about cancelling my swift booking and go for punto. Dealer had agreed to give it on Feb mid and they are telling to wait again for 3 months. In between a 30K increase in price and i don't want to pay the green tax above that after next budget.
Old 25th January 2012, 09:35   #4153
BHPian

@ devil_klm

i have paid my booking amount on 7th Jan 2012 and the sales executive has informed it will take 3 weeks for the delivery of the car.

in my case as promised, he informed the car has come and i visited their stock yard last week(i.e on thrusday).

it was my interest to take the delivery on friday(auspicious day).

PM me in case you require more details
Old 25th January 2012, 10:17   #4154
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
^^ Congrats on your punto.
When you booked the car? I am seriously thinking about cancelling my swift booking and go for punto. Dealer had agreed to give it on Feb mid and they are telling to wait again for 3 months. In between a 30K increase in price and i don't want to pay the green tax above that after next budget.
Things that you need to take into notice

1) Diesel price de-regulation by the Govt., might happen very soon.
2) Swift is more expensive than the 93 hp Punto
3) Come March, expect the govt., to play around with pinching deeper into your pockets
4) Maruti's are hiking price again in March
5) By the time you take delivery, you will be the victim of price hike all around you.

3 of my friends (T-BHP members) cancelled their long waited, unknown delivery time for their booked Swift in 2011 Nov and went ahead with the Punto 2011 and 2012 respectively.

Fiat assures a delivery in 2 weeks on an average, makes sense before time runs out

The 2012 Punto is indeed a Stonker for its price and anyways, Bangalore does not have any issues with A.S.C. Prerana and KHT still being the Best in Customer service for Fiats.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 25th January 2012 at 10:19.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2012, 11:36   #4155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Bangalore does not have any issues with A.S.C. Prerana and KHT still being the Best in Customer service for Fiats.
Are you sure.. I thought Concorde-Diary Circle is the best here. Though KHT motors nearer, was thinking to get service done at Concorde-Diary circle.
Twiny is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks