Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2011, 14:01   #3616
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthpotluri View Post
Hi Team, About to touch 40,000 KMS after 20 months,

before giving Shine for service, wanted to mention, suddenly in the last 2 months, there are small queaks, noises as if the metal is getting bent from the rear. not sure what they are.

ANyone experienced the same?

Rest its absolutely smooth.
Service after 40k and 20 months??!! Something wrong with the car??

Last edited by julupani : 25th August 2011 at 14:05.
Old 25th August 2011, 14:17   #3617
Senior - BHPian

Hello All,

My TW EP Punto 1.3 MJD has completed 10k kms in approx 7 months. I really have not faced any issues with the car or the service center here. I had to visit the service center twice after the first service.

1. On one of my out station drives just while i was exiting the city i realized that the water from the front jet wasnt coming out properly from the left side nozzle. So i called up my service engineer and he advised me to bring in the car. Upon inspection it was found that some dirt was stuck in there which was blocking the water to come out. They managed to get that sorted in 10 mins time and i was on way.

2. While returning from the above mentioned highway trip i went through some serious bad roads and during one such patch the car went through a major pot hole, after which the left side suspension was making a very annoying noise. Again, called the service engineer and he advised to bring in the car next morning as it was 8 PM by the time i reached home. Next morning, reached the service center by 10 AM and was promptly attended. Upon taking a 1 kms test drive they knew what was wrong. He told me there is a small rubber part which broke off due to that pot hole and needed a quick fix. It took them a total of 10 mins to put the car on that lift thing and some mechanic removing that broken rubber part and replacing a new one.

All in all more than happy with the car and the service. Getting a consistent mileage of 13-14kmpl in city and 18-19kmpl on highway. The car is a breeze to drive on NH and Express ways. the only upsetting part for me in regards to the punto has been the OEM Speaker quality. Just trying to save some Vitamin M and get them upgraded ASAP.

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img2011082200241.jpg
h@r$h@l is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2011, 15:18   #3618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
Mostly the "O ring" might have failed, another known niggle of Punto.
Thanks NKG, I was also thinking that it is the O-Ring which was failed. Took the car to Prerana yesterday and it turns out that a relay was faulty. They replaced it and it is working fine now.
Old 25th August 2011, 15:44   #3619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand

Thanks NKG, I was also thinking that it is the O-Ring which was failed. Took the car to Prerana yesterday and it turns out that a relay was faulty. They replaced it and it is working fine now.
Oh this one is new, can you please post the part number of the relay that was changed.
Old 25th August 2011, 21:29   #3620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
Oh this one is new, can you please post the part number of the relay that was changed.
The part number of the relay which have changed is 543030.
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 13:03   #3621
superveloce

Hello fellow bhpians, I have completed over a year in my 1.3 GP EmPk and have logged 25000kms of trouble free operation. Only things that I have changed are the Horn which was insufficient in Pune traffic, replaced the headlight bulbs with Philips Extremepower and recently changed the Speakers on all doors to JBL GT55 series ones.
As far as mileage goes, I have been getting close to 17-18kmpl of tank fill to tank fill basis, noteworthy being that that trip computer has never shown an error of 0.8 to 1kmpl, which is acceptable as per FIAT personnel.

I am just sharing a few snapshots that I have taken of the Odometer as the vehicle clocked 25k.

Its amazing that in this particular tankful as the gauge indicates, I have gone 622.6kms already at a avg mileage of 20.6kmpl with a further range of 265kms to go...
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-imag0882.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-imag0880.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-imag0881.jpg  

(1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 13:29   #3622
Senior - BHPian

@superveloce
Congrats. Am touching 17000 on my Linea MJD in 6 months. It's fun driving this car. Small niggles but OK.
Am interested to know where did you get your bulb upgrade? Did you have to fit in a relay? I had done a bulb upgrade in my Palio and the headlights started fogging after that, so am very sceptical.
Old 26th August 2011, 15:21   #3623
superveloce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
@superveloce
Congrats. Am touching 17000 on my Linea MJD in 6 months. It's fun driving this car. Small niggles but OK.
Am interested to know where did you get your bulb upgrade? Did you have to fit in a relay? I had done a bulb upgrade in my Palio and the headlights started fogging after that, so am very sceptical.
Dear Palio_2005

I bought the bulbs off the shelf in Mumbai, however you may get the same through any auto accessories shop/retailer. They around 1grand and are 55/60W rating however the light emitted in whiter in nature and the beam brighter as well as longer. There is absolutely no requirement of any relay or add-on. The bulbs have to be simply replaced by removing the coupler and back dust cover. Its like retrofitting NEW OE bulbs, thats all. I changed the bulbs myself and havent faced any issues of fogging. The bulbs in Punto are H4 type, however the same in Linea are H1&H7.

Attaching a link for your reference.

X-treme Power range
  (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2011, 08:51   #3624
Senior - BHPian

Guys, today my car scraped the ground... and when i say scraped, i mean it was a real bad grounding. Yesterday night, it was raining heavily & I was going to santacruz. Near L&T, I could not avoid a huge pothole (damn BMC!), however i took it very very slowly. I heard this - Thunk (when front tyre went in) & Grrrrr grrrr grrrr (when rear tyre went it).

On physical inspection from outside, the car seems fine however I am sure the underbelly has taken a huge hit. I am planning to get the car hoisted today. What should I check?
Old 28th August 2011, 09:34   #3625
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
What should I check?
If your Punto runs perfectly alright after that hit, then there is nothing to worry. The engine guard would have absorbed that shock. There may be some scratch marks on the engine guard which could be got painted with anti-corrosive paint, if you wish. In some case, if the guard is bent, it might need straightening.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 28th August 2011 at 09:37.
  (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2011, 20:02   #3626
Senior - BHPian

I got it checked. I am really really really impressed with my Pintu, infact love it.

I took it to a nearby Maruti A.S.S. & got it lifted. It took 3 of us (including one maruti mechanic) just to find out where the impact or damage was... nothing was visible on close scrutiny!

Then later the mechanic pointed out a small dent on a projection on the underbelly protection plate & a few light scratches on it. There was no damage elsewhere. All the essential parts are covered well by FIAT.

the mechanic was of the opinion that even though the dent looks small & there is no damage whatsoever, the impact has been huge as the plate is very thick & strong & still has that dent, so the impact must be huge. I agree. I had heard a loud bang & the thud under the car was quite violent, enough to make my friend sitting in the car scream!

the mechanic was like "man gaya, majboot banaya hain!"

This is what I like about my car... Its built like a tank!
raj_5004 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2011, 21:31   #3627
Senior - BHPian

Thanks exactly what i hate about my Figo. Its built like a plastic water tank!!! You touch something and you spend some money!!
Old 31st August 2011, 22:48   #3628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas
Thanks exactly what i hate about my Figo. Its built like a plastic water tank!!! You touch something and you spend some money!!
I can only think of the Onida Ad, owners pride neighbor's envy. Sorry for going off topic.
Old 7th September 2011, 19:40   #3629
BANNED

could be a stupid question considering that i am exploring mine one for 3 months now and am too a lazy person to check manuals and all .

I remember some where reading ( i guess in bhpian amogh's ownership review )about punto;s having follow me home headlight feature . is it still there in 2011 Punto;s . I have a Emotion one ( no Pack ) and just scratching my head with this question ..or is it discontinued now.
Old 7th September 2011, 19:48   #3630
Distinguished - BHPian

^^Pull the headlamp stalk after turning off engine, pulling repeatedly will increase the time.
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed