Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2011, 09:35   #3571
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Well, considering the fact that the tyres cost you 5 grand and brake pads 2 grand, it doesnt seem like you have been overcharged. Though full cost break-up for the service would help to dispel those thoughts.

But what you should be more concerned with is why the brake pads and rear tyres needed replacement with just 15thousand kms on the clock.
Old 31st July 2011, 11:04   #3572
Senior - BHPian

There have been some reports of pads on the punto being replaced at 15K or even less - I don't know the reason .

Asdon, did they return you the old pads ? Please post some pics of the old pads and tyres if possible. Even if they don't gove you the feedback form, you will receive a feedback call from Fiat.

I also noticed a patch of oil in my parking area - looks like the folks may not have tightened the oil plug. need to take the car again to the asc tomorrow. :(

Last edited by sdp1975 : 31st July 2011 at 11:09.
Old 31st July 2011, 11:51   #3573
BHPian

Re: To all MJD punto owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Guys need some information on 2nd free service, Yesterday I gave my car to KHT Motors, and the bill amount came as 14088/-.

Wait, that includes 2 tyres as my both back tyres were gone, which costed me 4966.12/- and break pads at 2367.54/-, other than these every thing was part of normal service, so 2nd service cost - 6754.34/-

Is this possible?
Dude, Please raise this with Fiat! Though the manual does mention a change of brake pads, I asked the SA (Concorde) to check if a change was really needed, since my second free service was done at ~14k kms. I was informed they are good for another 3-5k kms. In fact, even the service cost seems high - I recall paying about 4800/-. Do you have a break up of the costs?

Had you been observing any uneven wear in the tyres? I typically tend to do this whenever I clean my car ie practically every week! Also, the front and rear tyres are swapped during this service.
Old 31st July 2011, 14:00   #3574
BHPian

My Punto is at the TASS, gave it for a check up on Saturday since the brake fluid less warning light was glowing while taking sharp turns. Diagnosis was clutch master cylinder is having a leak.

My car is 3 months old and has run 5.5k kms. Has anyone else faced this issue? I heard lot of clutch slave cylinder failures.
Old 31st July 2011, 14:08   #3575
Senior - BHPian

That was with older Puntos, which had a plastic cylinder, compared to metal ones in newer cars. Dont sweat it though, fluid leaks can happen sometimes.
Old 31st July 2011, 22:09   #3576
BHPian

Did you do the rotation of the tyres @ regular intervals? some pics of the bald tyres would be helpful
Old 31st July 2011, 22:13   #3577
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
My Punto is at the TASS, gave it for a check up on Saturday since the brake fluid less warning light was glowing while taking sharp turns. Diagnosis was clutch master cylinder is having a leak.

My car is 3 months old and has run 5.5k kms. Has anyone else faced this issue? I heard lot of clutch slave cylinder failures.
Oh My God! This thread is turning out to be a "Punto - Technical Problems & solutions thread". I read somewhere that TATA is deciding upon the parts quality even for Fiat. If that is true, i am not surprised with such poor Q.C.

@nkg - Do you get a free replacement?
Old 31st July 2011, 22:44   #3578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS

Oh My God! This thread is turning out to be a "Punto - Technical Problems & solutions thread". I read somewhere that TATA is deciding upon the parts quality even for Fiat. If that is true, i am not surprised with such poor Q.C.

@nkg - Do you get a free replacement?
The car is with TASS, I should get a free replacement. Will update you tomorrow after talking to the SA. I am yet to start my ownership thread, so though of putting it over here.

Last edited by nkg77 : 31st July 2011 at 22:46.
Old 31st July 2011, 23:54   #3579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
If you don't mind can you upload a snap of the misplaced beading.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
coolkurt, your problem is universal.I had lose beading at delivery on one of the doors for a year.got it replaced at 2nd service for free.FIAT will never learn.
Here is what I have been suffering for so long. And this is THE REPLACED beading.
I am planning to take it back to the A.S.S once workload on the car decreases in the end of August. I hate it to even look at it. The damn thing is so well and out that even if I force it back then the door refuses to close.

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-p1040335-small.jpg

Last edited by download2live : 31st July 2011 at 23:55.
Old 1st August 2011, 21:26   #3580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Here is what I have been suffering for so long. And this is THE REPLACED beading.
I am planning to take it back to the A.S.S once workload on the car decreases in the end of August. I hate it to even look at it. The damn thing is so well and out that even if I force it back then the door refuses to close.

Attachment 586316
poor rubber is all too feature of fiat cars.My punto rubbers also started giving in the very first week of my ownership.
So one has rightly commented that this has become punto problem areas discussion club.
Moreover we already have punto niggles and issues thread.
Old 2nd August 2011, 10:26   #3581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post

Attachment 586316
I had faced this issue on rear right door, but when I had given the car for 2nd service, the A** guys fitted it with some glue/adhesive, and since last 5 moths, I never faced this issue again.
neoonwheels is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 11:06   #3582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
I had faced this issue on rear right door, but when I had given the car for 2nd service, the A** guys fitted it with some glue/adhesive, and since last 5 moths, I never faced this issue again.
I think this is only solution one has got.Apply glue to the rubber beading and rest in peace.I am also thinking on similar lines for my puntos rubber problem
blueblooded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 11:33   #3583
Senior - BHPian

I faced similar issue and was resolved by applying adhesive to the beading. I wonder why they don't do it at the plant itself.
Old 2nd August 2011, 11:38   #3584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
The same thing happened with me. I didn't even remember to report this issue with the service guys, but they fixed it for me and I haven't faced this issue again so far.

Regarding the cost of the 2nd service, I paid Rs. 4151 for my Punto's 2nd service. This included one new wiper blade and oil change. So 6000 seems to be a bit high.
Old 4th August 2011, 10:28   #3585
Senior - BHPian

Got the central locking fixed at Prerana motors yesterday - went there early morning and the whole work was completed before noon.

What surprised me is that, they do not charge installation \ labor charges - I had to pay the MRP on the packet and that was it. The whole experience was very nice.

If any Tbhpians want to fit the central locking on the active variant, do call and book an appointment - the guy told me that there are about 70 customers who have expressed interested in getting the central locking fixed, but they have got only 10 units in the last shipment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks