Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2011, 20:04   #3556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt
Is anybody facing any issues with the rubber beading of the doors? Last week has been the 4th time I've had to take it to the service center to get it fixed. All they do is to use an adhesive and stick it back, aren't they supposed to replace it for free?
If you don't mind can you upload a snap of the misplaced beading.
nkg77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2011, 22:02   #3557
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

coolkurt, your problem is universal.I had lose beading at delivery on one of the doors for a year.got it replaced at 2nd service for free.FIAT will never learn.
Old 28th July 2011, 00:42   #3558
BHPian

Guys, I have been having trouble with the yellow 'Spanner' on the left corner under the speedometer in my Punto. If my memory serves me right, it indicates 'service'. Now post the second service, the indicator started glowing, it usually comes ON for no apparent reason and then goes away in some time, doesn't show up for days together. Today it turned yellow and has stayed ON ever since and doesnt seem to turn-off even on restarts. Now I have clocked 14500 kms on my punto, have had two scheduled services, next one is due in another 15k Kms or next Apr whichever comes first. Any idea how to interpret this mystery 'spanner' glowing, even though car is well serviced ?
Old 28th July 2011, 01:19   #3559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Guys, I have been having trouble with the yellow 'Spanner' on the left corner under the speedometer in my Punto. If my memory serves me right, it indicates 'service'. Now post the second service, the indicator started glowing, it usually comes ON for no apparent reason and then goes away in some time, doesn't show up for days together. Today it turned yellow and has stayed ON ever since and doesnt seem to turn-off even on restarts. Now I have clocked 14500 kms on my punto, have had two scheduled services, next one is due in another 15k Kms or next Apr whichever comes first. Any idea how to interpret this mystery 'spanner' glowing, even though car is well serviced ?
Hi When you had those two services in the past did the service center technician reset your service due reminder on your car. Since you are reaching 15k mark, the car will still assume that service is required at 15k.

But thou you had done servicing in the past may be the last one for example was at 12k then the next one should be at 12k + 15k = 27k, this has to be done by a portable machine by connecting to the onboard car computer. Its not something done by us or by them without the machine. and i believe often these guys will forget that.
samsan02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2011, 23:14   #3560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Hi When you had those two services in the past did the service center technician reset your service due reminder on your car. Since you are reaching 15k mark, the car will still assume that service is required at 15k.

But thou you had done servicing in the past may be the last one for example was at 12k then the next one should be at 12k + 15k = 27k, this has to be done by a portable machine by connecting to the onboard car computer. Its not something done by us or by them without the machine. and i believe often these guys will forget that.

Aaargh ! Now the spanner will have to glow till the next time I am forced to goto the service center. Thanks brother...for the information, I'll get it rectified whenever I possibly can.
Old 29th July 2011, 07:18   #3561
Senior - BHPian

Well, if you want you can contact the service center and find 30 mins, because this is a very small job indeed. If your service people are good enough, they may even come to your home/office and reset the reminder.
Old 29th July 2011, 10:06   #3562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Aaargh ! Now the spanner will have to glow till the next time I am forced to goto the service center. Thanks brother...for the information, I'll get it rectified whenever I possibly can.
The spanner will go off in 300-350 kms automatically no need to worry about it
ms001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2011, 14:01   #3563
Senior - BHPian

I'm going to the service center for my 3rd service of my Punto MJD - E pk tomorrow.

Anything specific to keep in mind for the 3rd service ? I'm assuming they will change the usual stuff as in the 2nd service ( oil , oil filter, fuel filter, air filter + general service ) .Brake pads look OK. Don't want to change anything not necessary.

Any idea on the approximate cost , I would assume < 5K ?

Last edited by sdp1975 : 29th July 2011 at 14:03.
Old 29th July 2011, 17:14   #3564
Senior - BHPian

Just checked the owners manual, following items are recommended for change @ 60,000km/24 months , whichever is earlier.

Has anyone got them changed during 3rd service ( 3rd service would be around 24 months for most folks ) ?

1) Brake /clutch fluid

2) Coolant

3) Transmission oil
Old 30th July 2011, 18:36   #3565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Just checked the owners manual, following items are recommended for change @ 60,000km/24 months , whichever is earlier.

Has anyone got them changed during 3rd service ( 3rd service would be around 24 months for most folks ) ?

1) Brake /clutch fluid

2) Coolant

3) Transmission oil
Not for mine during 3rd service
Old 30th July 2011, 19:13   #3566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
Not for mine during 3rd service
Just got the car from the service.

The SA asked me if the car was over 2 yrs old . When I told him that it was less than 2 yrs , he told me it was not necessary to change these fluids - probably they will change it in the next (4th) service. Service experience was overall good - they attended to some minor problems I had.

Bill amount came to 4987/-.

Car feels really good after the oil change

Last edited by sdp1975 : 30th July 2011 at 19:14.
Old 30th July 2011, 19:24   #3567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Just got the car from the service.

The SA asked me if the car was over 2 yrs old . When I told him that it was less than 2 yrs , he told me it was not necessary to change these fluids - probably they will change it in the next (4th) service. Service experience was overall good - they attended to some minor problems I had.

Bill amount came to 4987/-.

Car feels really good after the oil change
I hope your car doesn't become 24months old before it needs the next service.

For example, if my car was in for service at around 30000kms but only about 21 months, I would much rather have these fluids changed, instead of having to come into a service station again 3 months time. Because if you dont, you would have to go to the service station just to get these 3 fluids changed, or run the car without changing those fluids for 7-8 months beyond recommended.
Old 31st July 2011, 08:34   #3568
BHPian

To all MJD punto owners

Guys need some information on 2nd free service, Yesterday I gave my car to KHT Motors, and the bill amount came as 14088/-.

Wait, that includes 2 tyres as my both back tyres were gone, which costed me 4966.12/- and break pads at 2367.54/-, other than these every thing was part of normal service, so 2nd service cost - 6754.34/-

Is this possible?
Old 31st July 2011, 09:15   #3569
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Re: To all MJD punto owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Guys need some information on 2nd free service, Yesterday I gave my car to KHT Motors, and the bill amount came as 14088/-.

Wait, that includes 2 tyres as my both back tyres were gone, which costed me 4966.12/- and break pads at 2367.54/-, other than these every thing was part of normal service, so 2nd service cost - 6754.34/-

Is this possible?
I am sorry Asdon, but looks like you have to seriously take the issue up with TATA-FIAT.

- Second free service and costs you 14 K?
- Two baldy tyres before the 2nd free service?

Unless you were using the hand brake for "drift" and "skid" stunts, this seems impossible.
Old 31st July 2011, 09:29   #3570
BHPian

Re: To all MJD punto owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Unless you were using the hand brake for "drift" and "skid" stunts, this seems impossible.
No I don't do such tricks with my car, sudden breaks/ very high speed driving(max 120kmph) are no no for me. I asked them what is the reason for the death of the tyres, there was no answer, though they have replaced back left bearing, I have already made a complain with Fiat and waiting to see the follow-ups.

And these KHT guys are good for nothing, leave Fiat cars, if in trouble they hardly know details about Tata cars. Bad part was - they refused to give me the feedback form too. Thats a part of my complain.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks