Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2011, 11:31   #3016
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

I was able to figure it out, its coming from the left rear suspension whenever going over small uneven potholes or at times on small humps. Its a squeaky sound almost like those old spring sofas, but no issues while driving. Any idea if its something serious, will take it some time to service centre.
Old 4th January 2011, 12:44   #3017
Distinguished - BHPian

Does anyone know when dealers will start receiving Jan 11 manufactured Puntos ? I am leaning towards the 1.2 dynamic.
Old 4th January 2011, 13:28   #3018
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Does anyone know when dealers will start receiving Jan 11 manufactured Puntos ? I am leaning towards the 1.2 dynamic.
They should start receiving from now. When you book,make it clear that you want a 2011 manufactured car. This can be confirmed with the VIN no.
Old 4th January 2011, 13:42   #3019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
I was able to figure it out, its coming from the left rear suspension whenever going over small uneven potholes or at times on small humps. Its a squeaky sound almost like those old spring sofas, but no issues while driving. Any idea if its something serious, will take it some time to service centre.
Take to the Service station. Mine had a very loud squeak but from right rear wheel. This I observed after I took the delivery of the car. They replaced the rear right shocker. Yours does not seem so drastic. Maybe some worn out bush or something needs to be replaced.
But do take to the the Service station.
Old 4th January 2011, 19:06   #3020
Distinguished - BHPian

I called up RF Motors & Concorde Motors, Cochin to find out when 2011 manufactured GPs will be available. The RF sales guy said that he will find out and let me know. The Concorde guy on the other hand was pretty sure of the fact that the plant is shut down throughout January and 2011 manufactured GPs will trickle into showrooms only by March (???!!!!). Does anyone know if it is true or if it is just a bunch of hogwash to get a customer to buy a 2010 manufactured vehicle?
Old 5th January 2011, 18:13   #3021
BHPian

My car will be going to the SC tomorrow for the 3rd service. I am so apprehensive after my last 2 outings where my car was delivered with problems which didn't exist while being handed over.

Problems are that the belly scrapes a lot more now than it used to do before - over the same speed breakers even at lower speeds. Areas on the bonnet and the boot have developed flakes with rusted corners. Anyone with similar problems and the right way to deal with it?

Also, are we supposed to be charged for wheel rotation and wheel alignment or are they FOC? I ask this question because I was charged for in the 1st service with no improvements whatsoever. So if I'm charged, I better get it done from a good place. If not, why bother!

In my 2nd service, I was charged Rs. 326.92 for the Oil filter (Part No. 0059063972) and Rs. 2204.81 for Assembly Fuel Filter (Part No. 570309110104). Since the service manual says these have to be replaced this time too, I would like to know if the charges were fair? I remember someone saying that I was overcharged for the fuel filter. Can someone confirm what exactly it should be?

Would moving to K&N air filters from stocks make sense?

Any other pointers on what needs to be done or any surprises I should be prepared for? Anything that could be of help and restrict the visit of SC to once in a year.
Old 5th January 2011, 18:51   #3022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concorde View Post
My car will be going to the SC tomorrow for the 3rd service. I am so apprehensive after my last 2 outings where my car was delivered with problems which didn't exist while being handed over.

Problems are that the belly scrapes a lot more now than it used to do before - over the same speed breakers even at lower speeds. Areas on the bonnet and the boot have developed flakes with rusted corners. Anyone with similar problems and the right way to deal with it?

Also, are we supposed to be charged for wheel rotation and wheel alignment or are they FOC? I ask this question because I was charged for in the 1st service with no improvements whatsoever. So if I'm charged, I better get it done from a good place. If not, why bother!

In my 2nd service, I was charged Rs. 326.92 for the Oil filter (Part No. 0059063972) and Rs. 2204.81 for Assembly Fuel Filter (Part No. 570309110104). Since the service manual says these have to be replaced this time too, I would like to know if the charges were fair? I remember someone saying that I was overcharged for the fuel filter. Can someone confirm what exactly it should be?

Would moving to K&N air filters from stocks make sense?

Any other pointers on what needs to be done or any surprises I should be prepared for? Anything that could be of help and restrict the visit of SC to once in a year.
Your post reminds me so much of our Uno days. The car would come back after service with the mentioned problems not taken care of and a couple more new ones!
But please get in touch with Fiat directly when you are not satisfied with the service. They respond very fast.

If alignment is free it will be mentioned on your service coupon.

The paint flaking and rusting issues are quite serious. Please take this up with Fiat and get your bonnet repainted FOC.
Old 9th January 2011, 11:07   #3023
Senior - BHPian

We've a Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 MJD at home, which has 30k + kms in the odometer.

We had made some warranty claims some couple of weeks back.

1) The driver seat height adjustment mechanism had some problems. I mean, the seat used to go down automatically, in course of time.

The mechanics tried to fix the issues by fitting a new height adjustment mechanism, but it was of no use. To my surprise they replaced our seats with a new one and thus, they succeed in solving the issue permanently.

PS: The driver seat looks very clean when contrasted with the passenger seat. Yes, we need to give our car for interior detailing.

2) The LHS speakers were found to be defective. Unlike the other speakers in our car, this speaker used to produce distorted sound.

They replaced this speaker with a brand new one. Though the speaker costs Rs. 650, it was done free of cost.

Thanks a million Marina Motors, Calicut & Mr.Mangesh. You've done a good job. :-)
Old 10th January 2011, 12:22   #3024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I called up RF Motors & Concorde Motors, Cochin to find out when 2011 manufactured GPs will be available. The RF sales guy said that he will find out and let me know. The Concorde guy on the other hand was pretty sure of the fact that the plant is shut down throughout January and 2011 manufactured GPs will trickle into showrooms only by March (???!!!!). Does anyone know if it is true or if it is just a bunch of hogwash to get a customer to buy a 2010 manufactured vehicle?
I was also checking this information for another friend of mine. In Bangalore, they say that 2011 Puntos will be avaiable from End Jan. Prerana Motors orders their cars on 25th of every month and new lot will arrive from factory by first week of every month. Considering the Demand (or the lack of it) for Fiat cars, March is way too long. Please check with a different dealer if possible.
Old 11th January 2011, 15:16   #3025
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant shade, isn't it?
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc00003.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-photo1804.jpg  

Old 11th January 2011, 15:32   #3026
Senior - BHPian

@ Sidindica - Have they re-introduced the Blue ?
Old 11th January 2011, 18:45   #3027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
@ Sidindica - Have they re-introduced the Blue ?
one of few leftover cars in stock. not reintroduced.
Old 11th January 2011, 19:14   #3028
BHPian

I think Fiat might still be producing Puntos in that shade, although probably only on request. The reason I am saying is that I saw a 90 HP Punto in that shade, although the colour had been officially discontinued long before the launch of the 90 HP Punto.
Old 11th January 2011, 20:11   #3029
BHPian

In my case it is the right rear suspension which makes this kind of noise.

Solution:

Just get the bush joints oiled (Its a DIY job actually, I do it at home). There are two areas you need to put in some oil and voila the noise will be gone. sure it reappears once the oil is dried and as dust settles at which time you just need to oil it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Old 11th January 2011, 21:54   #3030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrohit17 View Post
In my case it is the right rear suspension which makes this kind of noise.

Solution:

Just get the bush joints oiled (Its a DIY job actually, I do it at home). There are two areas you need to put in some oil and voila the noise will be gone. sure it reappears once the oil is dried and as dust settles at which time you just need to oil it again.
can you please post some more details. pics also will help

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks