Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2010, 23:20   #3001
BANNED

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Now this particular piece DID NOT have that much hyped turbo lag
Was 90HP known for Turbo Lag? This is news for me. Was it what you felt so long or read in many places about the Turbo Lag??

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Funny that you are talking in terms of "this particular piece". Fiat should standardize and make all the pieces alike...
Sid says that the TD car was good and you assume thats the only good 90HP car out on roads?
Old 17th December 2010, 23:37   #3002
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNSEL View Post

Sid says that the TD car was good and you assume thats the only good 90HP car out on roads?
What I meant was there is too much variance in each and every piece. I can tell you that it has been the case since Palio too. My palio has a slightly larger panel gap between the hatch and the fender as compared with other Palios.

@Sid, did you check for any weight reduction? Any other changes?

Last edited by deepakhon : 17th December 2010 at 23:46. Reason: A query added
Old 18th December 2010, 13:43   #3003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Redrove the 90 HP today. Now this particular piece DID NOT have that much hyped turbo lag (the blower like whistle could be heard and was amazing) and accelerated briskly. Its fun to floor the throttle and the car accelerates strongly.
I think the earlier car you test drove was a new one which had clocked less than 1000 kms. What was the ODO reading for this one. Its well known that MJD opens up after 10K.
Old 23rd December 2010, 22:25   #3004
Senior - BHPian

My parents' 1.4 Punto E+ has an issue where in the music system comes on automatically when the ignition is turned on (even if it is switched off before turning off). Initially the dealer (URS Car at Mysore) said it is a software problem and that they will re-install the software or something. Now some senior guy has taken photos of the system, odo reading, and number and said he will get in touch with Fiat and see what they suggest. He says the system will most probably be replaced under warranty! Anybody else have this issue?
Old 23rd December 2010, 23:38   #3005
Senior - BHPian

this can be easily rectified by upgrading blue and me to version 5.5
i had similar issue in my brand new linea.

go to fiat UK site, under blue and me section download 5.5 version

format your pen drive in FAT32 format.

copy all the files to root of the pen drive. i.e dont make any folders.

disconnect all bluetooth devices. turn the radio on in your car. switch off the car. then plug the pendrive and put the key on. you will see updating message.
this will continue with restart and ur radio will play inbetween. dont press any key or dont switch off anything till u hear a message update completed and get completed on ur display.

enjoy the new bug free system.
Old 24th December 2010, 00:08   #3006
Senior - BHPian

^^ Thanks Amit. Will try this out. I have already downloaded this version but was not sure if its ok to update on the indian version.
Old 29th December 2010, 23:13   #3007
BHPian

From the picture below it seems the suspension parts (near the wheel) are the lowest point for 173mm G.C. It seems the torsion bar and the underbelly has much more GC than suspension parts, especially as compared to i20. Can somebody confirm the actual G.C. of underbelly and engine parts?

(image reproduced from GTO's review posts)
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-fiat_grande_punto_exterior_dsc02738.jpg  

Last edited by Amartya : 29th December 2010 at 23:44. Reason: Uploaded the picture as an attachment instead of it being inline
Old 29th December 2010, 23:21   #3008
Senior - BHPian

^^ I have a related question.
I have marked a space in the pic using a square. I feel that in my car this section on either end is not at same height.
Can anyone confirm if they are indeed at same level??
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-fiat_grande_punto_exterior_dsc02738.jpg  

Last edited by download2live : 29th December 2010 at 23:24.
Old 30th December 2010, 14:57   #3009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
I have marked a space in the pic using a square. I feel that in my car this section on either end is not at same height.
Wouldn't it be easier to just check it with a foot ruler rather than continuing to 'feel' that way
Old 30th December 2010, 15:07   #3010
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNSEL View Post
Was 90HP known for Turbo Lag? This is news for me. Was it what you felt so long or read in many places about the Turbo Lag??
The 90HP has Turbo lag as Severe as the 75hp version, it scores better in rev range beyond 3000rpm.
Old 30th December 2010, 15:11   #3011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Don't worry, i've seen the same in cars other than punto also.

Last edited by Daewood : 30th December 2010 at 15:13.
Old 30th December 2010, 15:13   #3012
BHPian

Oflate I am experiencing a squeaky sound when going over some uneven pot holes in my Punto. Not sure if its coming from left side front wheel or rear wheel, initially I assumed it was from front. But still not able to figure it out. After I finished 2nd free servicing last month, this issue i observed just a week back, Had taken on monday to the service centre but due to too much rush they asked me to bring it later as it can't be investigated quickly as they need an entire day, and as i needed the vehicle so I din't get time to take it again.

Worst part is its difficult to reproduce, and it happens randomly, sometimes it doesn't happen even on big humps. Not sure from where its coming thou. Suspension is perfect when going over normal roads no issues there but a slight squeak sound comes at times when going over uneven roads or when just completing going over a small hump.

Has anyone faced the same issue in their Punto?
Old 31st December 2010, 14:49   #3013
Senior - BHPian

I have observed a slight squeak from the left rear suspension. But I have observed it when a heavy static load, like a person sitting, comes off, and nothing while normal running.
Old 31st December 2010, 23:58   #3014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
I have observed a slight squeak from the left rear suspension. But I have observed it when a heavy static load, like a person sitting, comes off, and nothing while normal running.
If that's the case, it might have something to do with the rear seat too, keep an ear out for that.
Old 1st January 2011, 11:00   #3015
Senior - BHPian

No, its definitely from the suspension,as the sound is a lot more audible when you are standing outside the car than when you are inside, and its not exactly a squeak, but the sound when a load is released from metal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks